Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,874 members, 7,810,328 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger (23649 Views)

Protest Going On In Lagos Over Fuel Scarcity : Exclusive Photos / Protest In Lagos Over The Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia / Robbery Near National Stadium, Lagos; Over 30 Cars Vandalized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by rossete2020(f): 4:56pm On May 21, 2013
wait o! Hw did she manage 2 cope- given birth 2 five children includin twins within 3yrs+. Infact she deserve applaud million million times nt only money 2 start bussiness. Lol
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 21, 2013
@ yuzedo, u suppose dey ryt parable abi u suppose dey try paraphrase.d vexing wey u use compose dat text hit everybody.God bless u
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nten: 4:56pm On May 21, 2013
Osisi why wont she come to lagos when Nigerian movies give people the impression of where money is littering every nook & crannies.

1 Like

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Fhemmmy: 4:57pm On May 21, 2013
babyosisi:

It is strange for me to believe that a woman that desperate for help would bypass her state governor's office and capital and buys a luxurious bus ticket to Lagos expecting that someone will come out and hand over 200k to her.
She comes and sleeps at an MFM church then heads to Ikeja magistrate court next day to seek money from God knows who
A 21 year old?
Is she in a dream?
Does Ikeja magistrate court give out money?

I Choose to believe that she has mental issues,that is the only way to explain that behavior
Her relatives had better see this story and ind he help before she removes her clothes to enter market

I honestly dont have too much idea of Geography of Nigeria, so dont know most of the states so will be hard for me to comment on how she got to lagos and pass all other states that were inbtw. lipsrsealed
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Geomac: 4:59pm On May 21, 2013
babyosisi:

It is strange for me to believe that a woman that desperate for help would bypass her state governor's office and capital and buys a luxurious bus ticket to Lagos expecting that someone will come out and hand over 200k to her.
She comes and sleeps at an MFM church then heads to Ikeja magistrate court next day to seek money from God knows who
A 21 year old?
Is she in a dream?
Does Ikeja magistrate court give out money?

I Choose to believe that she has mental issues,that is the only way to explain that behavior
Her relatives had better see this story and get her some help before she removes her clothes to enter Ikeja market

You really analyzed it very well. I also believe that the lady might be mentally deranged.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by EagleNest(m): 5:00pm On May 21, 2013
I-B.:
If anyone wants to take a survey of how much people from other zones are entering SW, just stay at Iwo road bridge in Ibadan for 5minutes, you will shiver at the amount of "the young, benue link, edo line, imo transport company, chukwudi express, nassara link, Akwa ibom express, delta line" busses passing or parking everyday. I wonder if people are still left in those places they are coming from. Gosh embarassed
That's what makes Lagos, LAGOS. Don't you like it?
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Gbawe: 5:06pm On May 21, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

Im really surprised he included you in that list. He mistook your truthfullness and balance for hatred. Thats because he could not handle the na.ked reality of what you shared.

Their feet marches in concert with natural laws of survival and migration but their heart and ego boasts counter to it.

Don't mind him. I am no troublemaker but I am not a bastard or 'omo ale' Yoruba to be allowing my ethnic group and its leaders to be slandered undeservedly by those only capable of uncontrolled hatred. I am a proud Yoruba man and will not allow some to lie against my ethnic group especially when I know they do this because of indoctrination and not because there is truth, perhaps supported by real events on the ground, in their utterance.

Some people are just very, very wicked. Wicked to the extent they will deny or outrightly falsify the blatant truth. It is like a disease.

We hear Yorubas are this and that, just as this ignoramus proclaims us intolerant, yet even his own kinsmen who are fair and objective admit to the tolerance of Yoruba folks that is examplary in Nigeria. The problem is that most Nigerians are simply not exposed enough to understand life better. Being happy with your culture, environment and way of life does not make you prejudiced against others or "intolerant". Being nomadic or Gypsy-like does not mean you are tolerant or fair either. If that were the case, then we can term the Brits intolerant and deem Pakistanis the most tolerant and most liberal in the world since they travel everywhere to seek opportunities. Yet inspected in fairness to both people, you begin to see nuances that reveal the real picture.

The Briton may simply be disinclined to leaving his land because he feels he is already in the best place for him and not because he hates others. The Pakistanis may be ready to travel anywhere yet remain very clannish plus maintain a penchant for looking down on the culture of their host and holding disdain for them. They are they ones who would rather kill their child than allow them marry those with "Western/different" values/culture. Who is then really intolerant? Those travelling everywhere throughout the world while having only disdain and a general lack of respect for their host or those who may not travel out of their domain as much as others yet treat everyone well within their border?

It is what a people do within their domain that determines their character. In this respect, only a mad person, or one damaged totally by indoctrination, will deny that the Yorubas are very fair to all within Yoruba land. You cannot just begin fabricating unfair lies about Yoruba people and expect Yorubas, even the most laid back of them, to say nothing or smile with you as some "omo ale's" do here. When a man laughs with those mocking his wife as a LovePeddler, what does that make him? If , on the other hand, he stands up like a man to defend his wife from lies and slander then fools can call him whatever name they want for doing so. The man will not care because he can look himself in the mirror knowing he has done right by his wife.

3 Likes

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by andyanders: 5:21pm On May 21, 2013
No matter her condition, whether sane or not, she is a creature made by God. Let people not stay in the comfort of their homes and not see other people's problems as their own. Your been privileged should not give you the audacity to run your mouth here blaming her for her situation and giving birth to 5 kids at 21 yrs of age.
Hunger can force a lady to do anything against her wish and the result could be what we are looking at here.
Watching her kids go hungry without any form of help could even trigger mental illness and what we are looking at here.

For spirited individuals here and out there, take her to check out if her story is true and rehabilitate her and her children by setting up small business for her and if possible offer the children scholarship to turn them to a better citizen.

If you go to SCOAN, you find out millions of such people that Prophet T.B Joshua has been taking care of and offering their children scholarships to University levels.
I remember a case like this whereby a woman lost her husband and later was evicted by her landlord and she ended up living in an uncompleted building and picking food from dustbin with her children every morning, until a woman discovered them, took them to Synagogue Church Of All Nations and the man of God gave them a 4 bedroom apartment and the children given scholarship to University level, about 7 of them.

Now, in a case like this, we should not castigate these people because of their situation but show love and care and God Almighty will reward anyone that could render assistance to this lady.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 21, 2013
Geomac:

You really analyzed it very well. I also believe that the lady might be mentally deranged.

She sure has issues
Her demands and behavior are unreasonable
I am a mother myself and I am putting myself in her shoes
A woman with nothing won't be aspiring to be a distributor of garri and melon
You will be too happy to do retail garri business on the corner ,selling per cup or per mudu and hoping to grow the business from there
This one wants a whole 200K gbosaa
From who biko
She wants to jump from nothing to being a distributor of garri in her village shocked shocked
Imagine the likeness
If she is not mad,she sure is very greedy
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 21, 2013
Fashola for president come 2015,everybody know that this man is the messiah that will help this country,that is why someone will live delta state and come to lagos for assistance from him. Fashola makes sure he delivers not minding how or where u are from,he has a vision not only for lagos state but nigerian as a whole,if APC bring out fashola as their presidential candidate,they will definately win the election. His party cannot even stop him from making sure he delivers by changing people's life for the better. May God touch his heart so he can accept the yearning of everybody and run for president. Am not an APC supporter but I will definately support fashola all the way...
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 21, 2013
arcbabe: Fashola for president come 2015,everybody know that this man is the messiah that will help this country,that is why someone will live delta state and come to lagos for assistance from him. Fashola makes sure he delivers not minding how or where u are from,he has a vision not only for lagos state but nigerian as a whole,if APC bring out fashola as their presidential candidate,they will definately win the election. His party cannot even stop him from making sure he delivers by changing people's life for the better. May God touch his heart so he can accept the yearning of everybody and run for president. Am not an APC supporter but I will definately support fashola all the way...

Shut up your dirty mouth angry
How come he is deporting beggars to Ogun,Oyo and Ekiti rather than rescue them
I say sharrap if you have nothing intelligent to say

2 Likes

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 21, 2013
This lady is not poor, she is a criminal. She needs 200k, not money to survive. She doesn't need job but just the 200k.
Police should interview her very well and know her mission.

She want to scam people or she's been scammed by someone to come to Lagos. 1/2
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 21, 2013
PDPwayoo: This lady is not poor, she is a criminal. She needs 200k, not money to survive. She doesn't need job but just the 200k.
Police should interview her very well and know her mission.

She want to scam people or she's been scammed by someone to come to Lagos. 1/2

This is a good angle here
I remember those beggars at the motor parks with sorry stories told over and over
Hmm
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by hardbody: 5:29pm On May 21, 2013
Gbawe:

Because Uduaghan does not give a damn. He will most likely have her locked up. Man mi, she knows what she is doing travelling all that way. By her thinking, someone will help her in Lagos. Imagine all the States she ignored to come to Lagos. Why did she not go to Bayelsa, the home State of Mr.President, even if Abuja is too far? Fashola, regardless of the noise on this forum, is the de-facto President in the minds of many Nigerians.

If Fashola were to help her, would it be his personal money or money from the state coffers? if it is money from the state coffers who are the tax payers? Let us rationalize these thoughts before penning them down. Generally her chances of getting help in Lagos is brighter because there are more people at any given point who have more financial muscle than her people in her rural delta state. She has her strategy right and it may just work for her
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by dayokanu(m): 5:34pm On May 21, 2013
Everyone leaves their homeland and come to SW for help.

Nothing new here
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Geomac: 5:40pm On May 21, 2013
arcbabe: Fashola for president come 2015,everybody know that this man is the messiah that will help this country,that is why someone will live delta state and come to lagos for assistance from him. Fashola makes sure he delivers not minding how or where u are from,he has a vision not only for lagos state but nigerian as a whole,if APC bring out fashola as their presidential candidate,they will definately win the election. His party cannot even stop him from making sure he delivers by changing people's life for the better. May God touch his heart so he can accept the yearning of everybody and run for president. Am not an APC supporter but I will definately support fashola all the way...

Don't be deceived, Fashola cannot even win the vote of Lagos/SW let alone Nigeria. If there were third term , he would have lost it.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 21, 2013
babyosisi:

She sure has issues
Her demands and behavior are unreasonable
I am a mother myself and I am putting myself in her shoes
A woman with nothing won't be aspiring to be a distributor of garri and melon
You will be aspiring to do retail garri business on the corner ,selling per cup or per mudu and hoping to grow the business from there
This one wants a whole 200K gbosaa
From who biko
She wants to jump from nothing to being a distributor of garri in her village shocked shocked
Imagine the likeness
If she is not mad,she sure is very greedy

So, N200,000 is such a huge amount that she has to be crazy to appeal for such an amount?
Have you ever sold garri before to know exactly how much it takes to start a garri business? Have you ever been in her situation,hungry with five hungry kids in tow?
Isn't that enough to make a mother go crazy anyway? How she got herself into this situation however is a different matter.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by mbulela: 5:56pm On May 21, 2013
AjanleKoko:

I don't know if we should classify this woman as poor undecided
She's 21, got 5 kids already,

She needs contraceptives as a matter of urgency,in addition to the money she is begging for.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by juman(m): 5:56pm On May 21, 2013
Oh oh, what a country!

I dey cry o.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by AjanleKoko: 6:13pm On May 21, 2013
The woman doesn't need Fashola or Uduaghan to give her 200k.
I recommend the NL E-Helpers get in touch with her, see what can be done to assist her. Not everything requires government intervention. It's not even about the money.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by davades(m): 6:29pm On May 21, 2013
Geomac:

Either Yoruba or Southern messiah i don't really care, but that is the truth some of you in the southern part of the country may not accept. Quite apart from this, PDP will still take over Lagos state.

Ori e baje !

1 Like

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by siobahn: 6:30pm On May 21, 2013
yuzedo: Kai! This story touched my empathetic side.

I know niggaz that give a girl N200,000 after 5-min BJ. angry YES, i can name names, these are people we know in the corporate and political sphere, and i'm privy to their activities because girls talk. The girl then spends the money on some vain luxury that adds NO VALUE to anyone, save the person who sold it to her! Man, this life is unfair like a motherfcker!

I am willing to help this lady. The desperation that made her come to Lagos and behave this way must be one of life-and-death for her and her kids. At least no be brazilian hair she wan buy, she has a business plan which i know she will actualize if she gets funds.

To be only 21years old and already experienced suffering of a life time. My heart really goes out to her.

For the very 1st time reading your comments, you posted in English not your banana Iceland "English". I guess it takes this kind of story for that to happen cheesy. BTW, i agree with you on this.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by mrperfect(m): 6:39pm On May 21, 2013
This is a sad story
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Geomac: 6:39pm On May 21, 2013
davades:

Ori e baje !

Meaning pls?
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 21, 2013
I don't know who Yuzedo is but he hit the nail on the head.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Gbawe: 6:43pm On May 21, 2013
hardbody:

If Fashola were to help her, would it be his personal money or money from the state coffers? if it is money from the state coffers who are the tax payers? Let us rationalize these thoughts before penning them down. Generally her chances of getting help in Lagos is brighter because there are more people at any given point who have more financial muscle than her people in her rural delta state. She has her strategy right and it may just work for her

Sir, let us stop making excuses because we want to avoid, at all cost, giving credit where due. What sort of "Financial muscle" is she looking for that is beyond the capability of her own Government and people who should be most predisposed to helping her? Yet she was advised to go to Lagos?

This woman does not need help beyond that which even a few middle-class folks can join to provide. She may simply not have gained any compassion for her plight at home. Simple as that. You alone could probably give her the N200,000 she needs with ease. It may be more of an issue of compassion because you simply cannot tell me she has to go all the way to Lagos to seek that amount.

According to her, she needed N200,000 for garri and melon business and would not leave Lagos until she got the money for the business.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by YorubaFirst: 6:51pm On May 21, 2013
AjanleKoko: The woman doesn't need Fashola or Uduaghan to give her 200k.
I recommend the NL E-Helpers get in touch with her, see what can be done to assist her. Not everything requires government intervention. It's not even about the money.

NL helpers! Are you serious Then three more will follow behind her to come beg in Lagos and what do you do for them?
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by toskut(m): 6:56pm On May 21, 2013
I really don't understand this woman. 21yrs old with 5kids besides, did anyone tell her money grows on trees in lagos?
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by YorubaFirst: 7:01pm On May 21, 2013
Yorubas will never travel to go beg in other regions. If a Yoruba is stranded in another region he/she knows to go find the Yoruba head in that place and get assistance. This is a true test of citizenship staring us in our face.

For those in SS and SE calling for separation so they can manage their oil.....this woman is your test. Prove your ability to stand on your own by resolving this problem without intervention fom Westerners.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by macmek: 7:02pm On May 21, 2013
I-B.:
If anyone wants to take a survey of how much people from other zones are entering SW, just stay at Iwo road bridge in Ibadan for 5minutes, you will shiver at the amount of "the young, benue link, edo line, imo transport company, chukwudi express, nassara link, Akwa ibom express, delta line" busses passing or parking everyday. I wonder if people are still left in those places they are coming from. Gosh embarassed
Babe cool down, they are all headed to the CENTER OF EXCELLENCE!
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Gbawe: 7:09pm On May 21, 2013
AjanleKoko: The woman doesn't need Fashola or Uduaghan to give her 200k.

My man, we cannot just put this at the door of Nairalanders. No can do. What is the Delta State government there for? Let us not excuse the wickedness of Nigeria and lack of focus of her people and disinterest in holding their leaders accountable.

Let Delta folks take up this woman's case and petition appropriate authority in the State over this woman's plight and that of many like her.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin / Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise / NYSC Secretariat, Streets And Houses Flooded With Water In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.