Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,878 members, 7,810,340 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger (23650 Views)

Protest Going On In Lagos Over Fuel Scarcity : Exclusive Photos / Protest In Lagos Over The Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia / Robbery Near National Stadium, Lagos; Over 30 Cars Vandalized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by anishe(m): 3:57pm On May 21, 2013
Bogus story. She mentioned that her husband, a deceased Poice Officer and later said her hubby abandoned her after 5 kids. Which one do we believe?
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by lumideezle(m): 3:58pm On May 21, 2013
Our Yansh: After engaging in relentless promiscuity the foolish lady expects to be fed by others....abi?? Shebi na dem send you to go dey "yansh" like dog?? While her mates were struggling to get educated and acquire useful skills that will be needed to earn a living, the FOOL was busy trying "69", "doggy", "wheel-barrow" and all forms of "ramming" styles.

Shamefully using her 5 innocent kids to solicit for sympathy. Was Fashola there when you were being "bombed" by Oga Police?? I hope the female members are learning. After fuckinng like a fool be ready to face the consequence later.

Arrant Nonsense!! Inexplicable inngredient!!

But for her 5 kids I'd ask nobody to help the senseless girl.

cool cool cool

P.S. That's view and "holier-than-thou" fools are advised to desist from quoting or referring to my post..

Thanks

Brother No b so them dey Judge things o, life is not always one sided.Truth be told the lady has made a lot of mistakes she could have said NO to the man after the first child, but she continued having children, and i am also very sure the man was broke as fvuck. Neways i have come to understand that in life some people only choose to learn from experience, If i could contact the woman i would help her in the little way i can, i donot need to judge her, life(Poverty) has already Judged her and she knows it. I would advice us not to judge her but if you can help her out please do and leave the rest. God is your rewarder. You would be surprised the amount of money that punishes people in this country chai!!!Poverty is wicked!!! heard of a woman that died because she couldn't afford 1k money for malaria medicines.

who ever has a way to contact this lady should please paste it up here thanks.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by emiye(m): 4:00pm On May 21, 2013
Geomac:

Asked if she would like to be trained in any skill, she said no, adding that she just needs the money to start the business of garri and melon.[color=#990000][/color]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/21-yr-old-mother-of-5-causes-stir-over-hunger/

Why would she not want to learn a skill, there is no father christmas in Lagos.

She should learn a skill by enrolling free in one of Lagos state skill acquisition centre, and then just maybe, someone will give her a N200,000 grant
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nten: 4:00pm On May 21, 2013
Logically, i thought this young woman thread was hw she could raise that money from benevolent Nigerians/ nairalanders not the deviation into an arguementum ad ignorantum of politics, state, 5kids bla bla bla
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by EkoIle1: 4:01pm On May 21, 2013
Afam4eva:
She's from the south-south not south-east. get your facts right.

Alfa Seltzer:

There are a lot of South-Easterners in Lagos. Infact they own half of Lagos and Niger Delta money built the other half. So you can safely assume that she is in fact seeking help from her South-East brothers.

I responded to the above silly and misguided statement so you might want to curb your tribal sensitivities and puerile emotions...

1 Like

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by collynzo2(m): 4:01pm On May 21, 2013
People giving birth to children they can't cater for is our biggest problem in this country

1 Like

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by dare2think: 4:06pm On May 21, 2013
collynzo2: People giving birth to children they can't cater for is our biggest problem in this country

Religion and corruption beg to differ.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 21, 2013
yuzedo: [b]Wait! What is the issue here? A human being in a desperate bid for survival took the only course she thought (correctly or not) would help her situation, a valid and understandable one at that, and people are here taking pride in the circumstance and location of their birth and asking why she didn't go elsewhere? LOOOOOOOL!!!!!!! grin grin grin You guys are the hypocrites that go to churches and mosques UNFAILINGLY every week! Haha! What a sad pot of schmuckism! I even thought (until i went back and re-read the previous comments) that this thread was supposed to be a rallying-point for helping someone desperately in need, and not addressing Lagos' superiority. WHAT IF YOUR MOTHER HAD SEX WITH A TOGO MAN, TOOK IN, AND PASSED YOU OFF AS YOUR LAGOSIAN FATHER'S SON, AND Y'ALL DON'T KNOW THIS SECRET YET? WILL IT CHANGE YOUR STRONG AND UNDULY ASININE AFFINITY TO LAGOS?!?!?! hah! The way una dey take carry tribe and ethnicity for head shaa! Funny stuff! Trust me, if you are in some chinese gulag far worse than sing-sing with a fellow Nigerian, that man will be closer than your blood brother, regardless of tribe. STOP THIS RUBBISH PEOPLE!

Besides, she obviously came to Lagos because most of the NGOs and institutions (not necessarily LASG agencies) capable of helping her are domiciled here in Lagos .... by virtue of the British Colonial decision to set up camp in Lagos .... by virtue again of its coastal properties and easy access to the atlantic ocean thus aiding economic activities and administrative efficiency. There are so many factors that make Lagos what it is, but y'all need to stop beating your chests like you personally built the city brick by brick and economic activity by economic activity. CHRIST! What kind of Pharisee behavior is this that we are so desensitized to the travails of our fellow human and argue on the mundane?! I give up![/b]

The most sensible post here so far
36 people agreed
I am the 37th
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:09pm On May 21, 2013
Eko Ile:

Her South-East brothers @Ikeja Magistrate Court?

You people no dey carry last with your comedy..

Whose money built the court?
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:11pm On May 21, 2013
Eko Ile:

I responded to the above silly and misguided statement so you might want to curb your tribal sensitivities and puerile emotions...

Your response was misguided, one-sided, tribalistc, and unmotivated. You completely ignored the South/south money angle that have been feeding your people.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by EkoIle1: 4:27pm On May 21, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Whose money built the court?

I was expecting you to tell me whose money and exactly how.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 21, 2013
LAGOS — THERE was a mild drama at the premises of an Ikeja Magistrate Court, Monday, when a 21- year-old woman, Esther Odozi, a farmer, rolled on the ground and screamed that she and her children were at the verge of dying from hunger.

Odozi, who said she lives in Owanta village in Ika North-East Local Government Area of Delta State, came to Lagos last week and because she didn’t have anywhere to sleep, slept at Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries where she begged for money to come to the old secretariat in Ikeja.
She said she was directed by an official of Human Rights Commission in her state to come to Lagos that she would get help.

According to her, she needed N200,000 for garri and melon business and would not leave Lagos until she got the money for the business.

Odozi who said she bore the five children to one Donald Ugbaja, a former police officer in Delta State, said she was left alone to shoulder the responsibility of taking care of the children including twins after his death.

Odozi who brought out her bosoms to demonstrate that she still had a child she was nursing, said she didn’t have any means to feed herself and her children. She said if the Governor of Lagos State could give her N200,000, she would start business with it.

Asked if she would like to be trained in any skill, she said no, adding that she just needs the money to start the business of garri and melon.

She appealed to the Federal Government and well-meaning Nigerians to come to her aid, adding that she started having children when she was only 17 years old and that the father of her children drove her out after she had the fifth child.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/21-yr-old-mother-of-5-causes-stir-over-hunger/

What I see here is a young woman in need of immediate psychiatric attention
On one hand she says her husband died.in another hand,he abandoned her after the birth of her fifth child,a different husband?
This is a woman who has been frustrated and overwhelmed by responsibilities and has reached her wits end
Look at that position
A woman ,a mother of children sprawled on the ground,dirty,whipping out her breast to press on it and show breast milk to onlookers
Is that normal behaviour from anyone who has it all together upstairs
Where are the kids,no one is even talking about that
Some of you may turn it into a tribal issue
She might as well have been from Isale Eko,it doesn't matter
She needs psychiatric help and fast
for her sake and the sakes I've children all under the age of 5
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by EkoIle1: 4:30pm On May 21, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Your response was misguided, one-sided, tribalistc, and unmotivated. You completely ignored the South/south money angle that have been feeding your people.

This is nothing but ignorance and gross illiteracy. Lagos was a developed state before oil became your reality in Nigeria?

Please leave the internet and pick up some history book for needed education about your country..

Btw...What exactly did oil money did in Lagos state apart from dilapidated and poorly maintained federal neglects like bridges and roads that's equally available in other states.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Fhemmmy: 4:33pm On May 21, 2013
dagreen14:

The poor woman needs money to sustain her self and 5 kids; I think there is no point in learning a trade with NO monthly pay.

And what made you feel like the people asking her to learn a trade are not willing to sustain her and the kids?
Lemme ask you this, is she planning to go into that business cos she is guaranteed she will make it doing it or cos a friend is doing the business? Pal, business is fun but grass is never greener on the other side cos what is there is nothing for a green carpet.
Nothing wrong in helping her oh, cos if i know of how i could, i would . . .
But if she is given 200K Naira right now to start the business, how much of that would go into the business and the rest goes iinto taking care of her immediate need, remember, she probably has no accommodation, so all i am saying, she needs more help than she is asking for.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by batstan(m): 4:34pm On May 21, 2013
Ibyno: 21 yrs, 5kids, how is she when she born her first issue, dis woman/girl would have still be in sch if things are alright with her, god will help the poor, and for those looking for the gift of child should go and sole seed to that woman .
yeah!!!! Lets SOLE some seed. grin
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Fhemmmy: 4:34pm On May 21, 2013
babyosisi:

What I see here is a young woman in need of immediate psychiatric attention
On one hand she says her husband died.in another hand,he abandoned her after the birth of her fifth child
This is a woman who has been frustrated and overwhelmed by responsibilities and has reached her wits end
Look at that position
A woman ,a mother of children sprawled on the ground,dirty,whipping out her breast to press on it and show breast milk to onlookers
Is that normal behaviour from anyone who has it all together upstairs

We're are the kids,no one is even talking about that
Some of you may turn it into a tribal issue
She might as well have been from Isale Eko,it doesn't matter
SHe needs psychiatric help and fast

A mother that is desperate do not worry about upstairs, all she see is the look on her kids' face that are hungry.

1 Like

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Geomac: 4:35pm On May 21, 2013
Mr.chippychappy:

correct ! your people thought he was a god but he was just a palmwine tapper ....Personally i think your god was a monkey and not a man smiley.

I am not who you think. My people have nothing to do with him.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 21, 2013
Fhemmmy:

And what made you feel like the people asking her to learn a trade are not willing to sustain her and the kids?
Lemme ask you this, is she planning to go into that business cos she is guaranteed she will make it doing it or cos a friend is doing the business? Pal, business is fun but grass is never greener on the other side cos what is there is nothing for a green carpet.
Nothing wrong in helping her oh, cos if i know of how i could, i would . . .
But if she is given 200K Naira right now to start the business, how much of that would go into the business and the rest goes iinto taking care of her immediate need, remember, she probably has no accommodation, so all i am saying, she needs more help than she is asking for.

Thank you
Does she look like someone who could handle a business?
See how specific she is about the amount,what nerve
You are begging for money and demanding an amount
A truly desperate person will take anything they get
A job training ,whatever it takes to make her a provider
This one come write prospectus
Melon and garri business
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Fhemmmy: 4:37pm On May 21, 2013
babyosisi:

The most sensible post here so far
36 people agreed
I am the 37th

Great, so if the 37 people could contribute 10,000 Naira each, the woman would be taken cared of . . . add me, and we are 38 people and that will be 380K Naira or even 5,000 Naira each will get her to the 190K Naira and that will go along way . . . So where are all those that liked the post?
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Fhemmmy: 4:39pm On May 21, 2013
babyosisi:

Thank you
Does she look like someone who could handle a business?
See how specific she is about the amount,what nerve
You are begging for money and demanding an amount
A truly desperate person will take anything they get
A job training ,whatever it takes to make her a provider
This one come write prospectus
Melon and garri business

That is my only part of the story that i am not sure of, but if it is true that her 5 kids are hungry, if we all sit back and analyze her stories, those kids would die and we will all feel bad for doing nothing.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 21, 2013
Fhemmmy:

A mother that is desperate do not worry about upstairs, all she see is the look on her kids' face that are hungry.

Her problem is more mental than anything
She is not acting normal
Nobody will give her 200k with her looking like a mad woman
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Fhemmmy: 4:40pm On May 21, 2013
babyosisi:

Her problem is more mental than anything
She is not acting normal
Nobody will give her 200k with her looking like a mad woman

Ummmmm but she might sane but just worried about how her kids would survive till next day
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 21, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Great, so if the 37 people could contribute 10,000 Naira each, the woman would be taken cared of . . . add me, and we are 38 people and that will be 380K Naira or even 5,000 Naira each will get her to the 190K Naira and that will go along way . . . So where are all those that liked the post?

Why didn't she just approach a radio station or newspaper with her story
They love such stories
A picture of her with 5 kids all looking hungry on the pages of the newspaper in a "batcher house" will elicit sympathy not this show of shame

If I had 200k to give I sure won't give it to a woman rolling on the streets with her breasts hanging out
I will cross the street and walk faster before she starts chasing me
That is the impression she will give to most people watching her
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by batstan(m): 4:43pm On May 21, 2013
Mr.chippychappy:

correct ! your people thought he was a god but he was just a palmwine tapper ....Personally i think your god was a monkey and not a man smiley.
guy u wikiid. LWKMD
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Fhemmmy: 4:44pm On May 21, 2013
babyosisi:

Why didn't she just approach a radio station or newspaper with her story
They love such stories
A picture of her with 5 kids all looking hungry on the pages of the newspaper in a "batcher house" will elicit sympathy not this show of shame

You have a good point there . . . I just hope the story is not true, cos i am only worried about 5 kids that never begged the woman to bring them to this world . . . . Hunger could be a terrible thing cry
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 21, 2013
Fhemmmy:

You have a good point there . . . I just hope the story is not true, cos i am only worried about 5 kids that never begged the woman to bring them to this world . . . . Hunger could be a terrible thing cry

It is strange for me to believe that a woman that desperate for help would bypass her state governor's office and capital and buy a luxurious bus ticket to Lagos expecting that someone will come out and hand over 200k to her.
She comes and sleeps at an MFM church then heads to Ikeja magistrate court next day to seek money from God knows who
A 21 year old?
Is she in a dream?
Does Ikeja magistrate court give out money?

I Choose to believe that she has mental issues,that is the only way to explain that behavior
Her relatives had better see this story and get her some help before she removes her clothes to enter Ikeja market
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by kunlekunle: 4:54pm On May 21, 2013
sincere nigerian
abeg share your allocation now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photo Of Alleged PDP Dollars; PDP Dismisses Allegation / How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin / A Copy Of The Controversial Social Media Bill (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.