Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,285 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger (23645 Views)

Protest Going On In Lagos Over Fuel Scarcity : Exclusive Photos / Protest In Lagos Over The Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia / Robbery Near National Stadium, Lagos; Over 30 Cars Vandalized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 22, 2013
The woman has been everywhere for help. She's just getting media coverage because she showed some boobs.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by redsun(m): 12:42pm On May 22, 2013
Why can't the church that collects millions n daily offering give her mere 200,000 naira?Mountain of fire or mountain of hell,whatever it called.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by isalegan2: 1:43pm On May 22, 2013
Why are people harping on her having 5 kids in 4 years? The opening post says she has at least one set of twins! In case you don't know, there are 21-year-olds in your "lands paved with gold" too that are on welfare with their 4 or 5 kids. I once met a 28-year old American girl with 8 kids! 8 kids! No daddy at home. No idea how many different daddies!

And some are offended because she is a Nigerian from wherever state who went to the former capital and the current economic capital, to get assistance. So, she didn't go to her governor. Like someone mentioned, most of the NGOs are in Lagos, amongst other reasons. Even if she were a Kenyan or Rwandan in Lagos, she still deserves any help that can be rendered to her.

I would expect people to be more offended and embarrassed by the desperation and ignorance that drove two African children to their miserable, painful and untimely deaths as airplane stowaways sad cry while trying to seek help from Oyinbo people to save all of Africa's children.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Excellencies, Messrs. members and officials of Europe,

We have the honorable pleasure and the great confidence in you to write this letter to speak to you about the objective of our journey and the suffering of us, the children and young people of Africa.

more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaguine_Koita_and_Fod%C3%A9_Tounkara

[img]http://www.nsae.fr/wp-content/plugins/p04_Man-intro__600_x_600_.jpg[/img]

fyi, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingsley_Ofosu
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by isalegan2: 2:17pm On May 22, 2013
YorubaFirst:

Then three more will follow behind her to come beg in Lagos and what do you do for them?

You'll help them as well. Na the Lagos way. smiley
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by ekoileee: 2:49pm On May 22, 2013
stillwater:

Gbawe I think Nigerians shouldn't take this as a delta people issue only. It should be our business as Nigerians to see that people like this are helped.

Of course we are all Nigerians, but Abuja represents us all collectively as Nigerians, Abuja is the seat of government, Abuja is where they make decisions governing our existence as Nigerians so why Lagos?

Of what relevance are we as Nigerians if needed help doesn't exist in abuja where our collective interests are debated and adjudicated?
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by awesomeness(f): 3:18pm On May 22, 2013
b][/b]According to her, she needed N200,000 for garri and melon business and would not leave Lagos until she got the money for the business.

She musnt start in a big way. Shd have asked for a lesser amt,like #100,000, that way,she cld easily get it even by contributn.If given this #200,000 she wld jst spend it n get nothing out of it.

Odozi who brought out her breasts to demonstrate that she still had a child she was nursing,

U need not bring out ur bossoms,so many of us got bossoms too.

[color=#000000][/color] Asked if she would like to be trained in any skill, she said no

She actually has a choice

...and that the father of her children drove her out after she had the fifth child

Guess he was done using u FOC.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 22, 2013
eko ileee:

Of course we are all Nigerians, but Abuja represents us all collectively as Nigerians, Abuja is the seat of government, Abuja is where they make decisions governing our existence as Nigerians so why Lagos?

Of what relevance are we as Nigerians if needed help doesn't exist in abuja where our collective interests are debated and adjudicated?

The story was that the lady had already been to Abuja and she was directed to come to Lagos. I think this is just synonymous to let's say doing your biometrics in the state you live in but when you want to do your national passport you have to travel to wherever the embassy is located.

http://www.punchng.com/metro/drama-as-woman-bares-breasts-on-court-premises/

When our correspondent approached her, she said, “After confronting serious hardship in my state, I was advised by an official of Human Rights Commission in Delta to go to Human Rights Commission in Abuja. I also went to Police Headquarters and NAPTIP (National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons) in Abuja. They all told me to go to Lagos; they said that is where I could get help.”

Maybe the branch to help this woman is located in Lagos.
Maybe now they will take her seriously now that she has exposed her boobs.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by YorubaFirst: 3:38pm On May 22, 2013
stillwater:

The story was that the lady had already been to Abuja and she was directed to come to Lagos. I think this is just synonymous to let's say doing your biometrics in the state you live in but when you want to do your national passport you have to travel to wherever the embassy is located.

Could that branch have been the Lagos State Secretariat?
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by YorubaFirst: 3:41pm On May 22, 2013
Isale-gan2,

Why in the picture does the man holding the placard have female hands?
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by ekoileee: 3:43pm On May 22, 2013
stillwater:

The biometerics logic makes no sense especially since according to the woman herself, she's not from lagos state and even that aside, what's the magistrate court in ikeja got to do with all this? Is the magistrate court the agency's local office in lagos?
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Fhemmmy: 3:50pm On May 22, 2013
YorubaFirst: Isale-gan2,

Nice one
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by isalegan2: 4:04pm On May 22, 2013
Who hid my post? Killer of Sexy People or Oga OAMJuice? *shrug*

YorubaFirst: Isale-gan2,

Dunno. undecided cheesy

Just read the sad story, sil vous plait.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 22, 2013
eko ileee:

The biometerics logic makes no sense especially since according to the woman herself, she's not from lagos state and even that aside, what's the magistrate court in ikeja got to do with all this? Is the magistrate court the agency's local office in lagos?

It actually makes sense to me.
NAPTIP's office is also located in Ikeja. That's a plausible reason how she found herself in Ikeja. Maybe the court area was more strategic to get the attention she wanted, hence her display at the courts where people would see her.
And true to her intentions, she has gotten the much needed attention to her plight.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by ekoileee: 9:24pm On May 22, 2013
stillwater:

It actually makes sense to me.
NAPTIP's office is also located in Ikeja. That's a plausible reason how she found herself in Ikeja. Maybe the court area was more strategic to get the attention she wanted, hence her display at the courts where people would see her.
And true to her intentions, she has gotten the much needed attention to her plight.

Making up excuses and your own maybe this and maybe that facts still makes no sense.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 9:29pm On May 22, 2013
^^^That is your business. wink
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by ekoileee: 10:00pm On May 22, 2013
stillwater: ^^^That is your business. wink

Of course it's my business to highlight facts based on the article ans not needless fabrication of facts and excuses.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 22, 2013
eko ileee:

Of course it's my business to highlight facts based on the article ans not needless fabrication of facts and excuses.

Highlight facts and dismiss the reasons why certain things might have happened? Lol. I thought a discourse recognized all ramifications/assumptions and that is what I did. You were able to deduce all 'facts' from one silly article, rotflmao. Don't make me laugh.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by ekoileee: 10:27pm On May 22, 2013
stillwater:

Highlight facts and dismiss the reasons why certain things might have happened? Lol. I thought a discourse recognized all ramifications/assumptions and that is what I did. You were able to deduce all 'facts' from one silly article, rotflmao. Don't make me laugh.

The woman was at the Lagos magistrate court in ikeja and not at any agency and that's a fact, but what you spewed all over the place was maybe and speculations that has nothing to do with the story. Do you pass exams with maybe and speculations or with facts.?

Gezzzzzz
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 22, 2013
eko ileee:

The woman was at the Lagos magistrate court in ikeja and not at any agency and that's a fact, but what you spewed all over the place was maybe and speculations that has nothing to do with the story. Do you pass exams with maybe and speculations or with facts.?

Gezzzzzz

Your immediate response to this woman's case was that she didn't seek for help in her village before she went to Lagos. And I provided evidence that she had even gone to Abuja before being advised to go to Lagos thereby trashing your initial biases woefullyyyyy!

Now this is a discussion forum, I have every right to provide assumptions to why she did what she did to support the premise. That is the dynamics of discourse! You'd better sit back and learn.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by ekoileee: 10:47pm On May 22, 2013
stillwater:

Your immediate response to this woman's case was that she didn't seek for help in her village before she went to Lagos. And I provided evidence that she had even gone to Abuja before being advised to go to Lagos thereby trashing your initial biases woefullyyyyy!

Now this is a discussion forum, I have every right to provide assumptions to why she did what she did to support the premise. That is the dynamics of discourse! You'd better sit back and learn.

1. Showe me where I made the village comment.

2. Your assumptions made no sense because according to you, she was sent to some agency but instead she was at the magistrate court in ikeja. You have no clue or any ideas why she went to the court. The court is a magistrate court and not the agency they sent her to. She could have gotten help and better attention from the agency they sent her to instead of the court.

Your speculation made no sense and it was recklessly flawed
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 22, 2013
eko ileee:

1. Showe me where I made the village comment.

2. Your assumptions made no sense because according to you, she was sent to some agency but instead she was at the magistrate court in ikeja. You have no clue or any ideas why she went to the court. The court is a magistrate court and not a helping center they sent her to. She could have gotten help and better attention from the agency they sent her to instead of the court.

Your speculation made no sense and it was recklessly flawed

My assumptions made perfect sense why she would do something like that. I don't have to reinforce myself again to tell you why or do you insist on redundancy?
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by ekoileee: 11:03pm On May 22, 2013
When you come back, tell me the meaning of the quote below.

She said if the Governor of Lagos State could give her N200,000, she would start business with it.

So, she accidentally went to the court instead of the agency to demand money from the governor of Lagos state? Is the governor of Lagos state the agency they sent her to?
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by ekoileee: 11:09pm On May 22, 2013
stillwater:

My assumptions made perfect sense why she would do something like that. I don't have to reinforce myself again to tell you why or do you insist on redundancy?

Where is the village comment I made? Apart from spewing silly assumptions, you are a liar too?
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 11:11pm On May 22, 2013
eko ileee: When you come back, tell me the meaning of the quote below.

So, she accidentally went to the court instead of the agency to demand money from the governor of Lagos state? Is the governor of Lagos state the agency they sent her to?

To your amazement, I too have problems with her utterances. She shouldn't have been ranting about Fashola gimme this, gimme that. I blame it on her educational background and lack of the art of public speaking, lol.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 22, 2013
eko ileee:

Where is the village comment I made? Apart from spewing silly assumptions, you are a liar too?

Boringgggggg. You gotta do more than that to annoy me,
There was a general consensus on the thread on why on earth she left her village for Lagos. I think you said Abuja. Either way there's no reason why she can't seek help in Lagos.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by ekoileee: 11:22pm On May 22, 2013
stillwater:

Boringgggggg. You gotta do more than that to annoy me,
There was a general consensus on the thread on why on earth she left her village for Lagos. I think you said Abuja. Either way there's no reason why she can't seek help in Lagos.

What you said was not general consensus, it was a direct accusation and false allegation against me, but instead of apologizing for your error, you are compunding it with more lies.

You lack credibility and common human decency..
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by ekoileee: 11:28pm On May 22, 2013
stillwater:

To your amazement, I too have problems with her utterances. She shouldn't have been ranting about Fashola gimme this, gimme that. I blame it on her educational background and lack of the art of public speaking, lol.

Her educational background and her lack of the art of public speaking led her to the court and made her demand money from the governor?

How ridiculous can you lying and get?
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 11:58pm On May 22, 2013
eko ileee:

What you said was not general consensus, it was a direct accusation and false allegation against me, but instead of apologizing for your error, you are compunding it with more lies.
You lack credibility and common human decency..

Rotflmao! So says the dude abi na chic that thrives on inflammatory comments parading his silly speech everywhere. You don't deserve human decency, start crying.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 12:10am On May 23, 2013
Imagine a terrorist asking for amnesty. Nothing we wont see in this world. See who is talking about decency. NL's resident nuisance. Because I've been trying to be nice. You had better not get me started.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by ekoileee: 12:18am On May 23, 2013
stillwater:

Rotflmao! So says the dude abi na chic that thrives on inflammatory comments parading his silly speech everywhere. You don't deserve human decency, start crying.

stillwater: Imagine a terrorist asking for amnesty. Nothing we wont see in this world. See who is talking about decency. NL's resident nuisance. Because I've been trying to be nice. You had better not get me started.

Are the above reasons why you lied and made false accusations?

Are the above reasons why you manggled up the story and replaced it with your own ignorant and made translation?

See how shallow, pointless and ridiculous you sound?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerians Urge Ali To Wear Customs Uniform / Oshiomhole To Governor Bala Mohammed: You Are Looking For Trouble / Lyon Vs Diri: Bayelsa On Lockdown As APC Youths Protest Against Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.