Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,919 members, 7,835,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

A Tale By My Dad! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Tale By My Dad! (1345 Views)

Warri Christmas Tale By Ena Ofugara / My Dad Is So Good In Bed; Cant Stop Sleeping With Him / My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Tale By My Dad! by Immortal1(m): 9:52am On May 21, 2013
One day, a young man was having an evening conversation with his dad, and out of curiousity he asked, "what is it that can kill any man, is it a gun?"
The dad answered, "not at all. A gun can only kill someone if used by somebody else." The man was amazed at the wisdom in his dad's answer, but his curiousity lingered on, "wat is it then that can kill any man, I guess even cutlass or any other tool would not, on their own?" "You are very correct", was the dad's reply.
"Wat about a man eating or drinking sth poisonous?" The dad still gave a negative answer with same reason he mentioned earlier.
Having had a successful academic life and a very good job, this young man decided to introduce a lady, he is so madly in luv wit, to his dad as his wife-to-be. After the introduction ceremony at the sitting room, the dad called his son into the bedroom and the following conversation ensued:
"Lately, I realised u are now in possession of sth that can kill any man!" The young man became confused and his curiousity was ignited once more. "What is it, dad, tell me, so I could tread with caution, please?"
The dad smiled and said: "Don't worry, I prepared a charm which, if hung on the wall of your room, would prevent such thing from killing you, but it has a repercussion." "What is the repercussion, dad?", asked the young man.
"Make sure, under no circumstance should the charm fall on the ground from where it would be hung, else you would die in a matter of hours." The young man heaved a sigh of relief, thanked the dad for being a very caring father, and promised to keep the charm safe.
On the night of his honeymoon, after an elaborate wedding ceremony, the man said to his wife:
"Honey, there is sth I would like to confide in you, being the only person I can trust." The wife asked what was bothering him and he said: "Knowing that I am a very successful man, I was given a charm to hang on the wall of our room, by my father, so my enemies would not be able to kill me." "Are you serious? How does it work?", asked the wife. "In as much as that necklace on the wall doesn't fall to the ground, nothing can kill me", he said, pointing to the wall of his bedroom. The wife promised not to tell anybody their little secret.
On a fateful day, the man had a very heated quarrel with his wife. Wife: "I noticed how your secretary at work has been all over you, of late." "There is absolutely nothing going on btw us", said the man. "You better not toy with me, else you would wish you never knew me", the wife replied. Out of anger, the man slapped the wife and before he could realise what he did, the wife ran to the bedroom and pulled the charm to the ground, and said, "I guess u re better off as a dead man." Having seen what his wife did, the man ran to his father's house, knowing he has just few hours to live.
"What is the problem, son, why the panic?" asked the dad. "I have only few hours to live, my wife pulled that charm to the ground because we had a quarrel." The dad smiled and said, "calm down." "I am not kidding dad, I am going to die any time soon, and u re smiling!" said the young man. The dad replied, "you are not going to die, I only tricked you, in order to let you know one thing in life that can kill any man!!"

1 Like

Re: A Tale By My Dad! by Emmyk(m): 10:34am On May 21, 2013
Hmmn
Re: A Tale By My Dad! by WackyJ1(m): 10:49am On May 21, 2013
Hahaha. Make sense
Re: A Tale By My Dad! by Nobody: 10:51am On May 21, 2013
Lmao
Re: A Tale By My Dad! by Agrika: 10:55am On May 21, 2013
Ok, point taken
Re: A Tale By My Dad! by Immortal1(m): 11:58am On May 23, 2013
A word is enough 4d wise! Lolzzz...Samson, Solomon, Joseph & other great men in d bible would attest 2 this truth!!

(1) (Reply)

My Ordeal..... / In One Word, Describe Your Love Life In 2013 / Lost Ancient Secrets On Money, Power And Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.