Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,502 members, 7,816,194 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? (34264 Views)

Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? / Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by automaticcarzz: 5:25pm On May 25, 2013
playmode:

Don't worry ,9jatalks is brand new forum and it is more sophisticated than this one.The owner is also in diaspora and the website is hosted and managed offshore so the enemies of progress will never be able infiltrate it.Spread the word to your friends.It is the best place to discuss Nigerian issues without any fear.

I am on the website now.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 25, 2013
I'm confused as to how some people reason. Please someone educate me properly, are there no corpse cleaners in Nigeria? Are there no dish washers or street cleaners there? Do people not work in bars and supermarkets in Nigeria? How come some persons keep saying those in UK do menial jobs as if the menial jobs are not done in Naija as well. It beats me honestly. And last time I checked the quality of life in both countries nor be mate. Not even almost equal for us to compare. And for billionaire saying no comfortable Nigerian lives abroad, common you don't have to say what you don't know. Who nor go nor go know. Stop hating please, it's not helping Nigeria. We would get there and that's our prayer.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by princeonx: 5:27pm On May 25, 2013
ifebosco: thats not enough reason to mortgage your hold live abroad,although you make some sense.
Guy some Igbos had been living in Lagos, Kano, and Jos for over 30 or 40yrs like wise Yorubas and Hausa! So what's the difference between them and those that have lives abroad for same amount of year? My dad lived in Lagos for about 60yrs before he passed, is Lagos his father's village?
Look, my biggest concern is about those scared to visit Nigeria! Going back for good is another gist and no where in my dictionary. Some claim to go back when they're old but personally I might even prefer here (US) then depending on old age health condition. I always visit Nigeria but had never ever thought about going back for good any time soon! Period.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by tellwisdom: 5:29pm On May 25, 2013
Who is diapora??..a footballer??
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Jadeyeni: 5:30pm On May 25, 2013
[quote author=Billyonaire]Home? People still live abroad ? No comfortable Nigerian lives abroad. [/quote

You chatting out of your backside!
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 25, 2013
[size=15pt] PLEASE THIS IS NOT A "NIGERIA OR DIASPORA, WHICH IS BETTER" THREAD. SIMPLY STATE WHEN YOU WILL BE RETURNING TO NIGERIA. KPAM [/size]

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by wawaboy1(m): 5:31pm On May 25, 2013
bebe2: Been 12yrs, coming wen security and power improves
Been away for some time now. But I will be coming home last year
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 25, 2013
Am in benin rep*so I cn visit hm throw my bombs n cm bk
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 25, 2013
ifebosco: not your generation but my generation must enjoy good education good healthcare good security and good infrastructure in nigeria.my fathers generation was a failed and ignorant generation,who had several wife´s and children with out means of livelihood,what do you inspect??we most change our slave and neocolonial mentality,for me im going back home in 4years time,after 21years in europe

Lol not my generation? how old do you think I am? im pretty sure you are much older than me.....even for my 5 year old daughters generation...Nigeria has already lost...toooo much corruption, religion, cave menish mentality, lack of women and children rights....strong education infrastructure.....arrogance, pride and suffering and smiling syndrome....is killing Nigeria.....200 years from now...Nigeria will be where the U.S is today....damn shame to all Nigerians
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Coldblooded(m): 5:35pm On May 25, 2013
Hmm! I don't understand this, how can somebody be in Lagos and yet say "returning home? Never!"?
Is Lagos in US or is he talking about his village?
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Yvete(f): 5:38pm On May 25, 2013
8 years and 1 month. Most of which is spent in the great 'ol USA! grin

Last visit to Nigeria in '09 and i'd be home this Christmas.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by princeonx: 5:39pm On May 25, 2013
lastpage:

This is "Wisdom", l identify with it.
I still visit the area l grew-up as a kid (we have a family house there and my 'portion' still dey there grin ).
I still "blend" with the guys we grew-up together, some of them are doing well, some are plain gangsters and 'drugist' but l mingle with them like we are still 15years of age! I respect them, they respect me.

It paid-off one day, when some "newbie crook" in the area hatched a plan with his goons, to come and rob my family.
"The Boyz" simply told him to forget the idea, they told him 'The bobo na "part" of us'! wink wink

I was informed and they brought him to me eventually, to come and 'apologize' for even thinking about it (and as 'Alaye Boyz' now, you got to part with some cool cash! ..to liven-up the atmosphere wink ).
I even misplaced my phone in my area, ... they saw it and brought it back to me (l "bailed it" back, even though Police says "bail" is free!) grin grin

I feel more secure in my childhood 'hood', than anywhere else in the world.
I know them, they know me, inside out.
I dont form big-man with them, l come down to their level.
I still play footie with them and occasionally, l just buy footie-boots + balls and distribute to my homeboyz.
Those sitting in "Lion-base" get their indian-hemp paid for,...on the house! shocked shocked
I dont drink at all but l breeze-into their beer parlour and buy drinks, stay with them for like 45mins (we argue over nothing sensible) ...and l am off.

Breeds comradeship and they would do anything for me. I dont keep excessive late-nights but if l have to drive around at 3am, OPC/Vigilantee know my Vehicle and its all "Bruus, stop going around at this time, welcome back, anything for your Boyz"? grin grin
I hope fellow JJC's will take a cue.

Lastpage!
Exactly! Bad boys for area hate when you form for them! But when you blend with them, if they call you chairman! You call them double chair! They will respect you bcox you've shown them respect!
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by obi2012: 5:39pm On May 25, 2013
there are numerous nigerian doctors and pharmacists in the US.. The average pharmacist earn $130k a year without overtime, the average doctor earns $220k a year, thats N20 million and N30 million respectively.. They are definitely comfortable.. Everyone's case is different, for some people, it makes sense to relocate, for some people, it doesn't.. If a US trained doctor is to relocate to nigeria, they have to retake all their exams and probably take a pay cut down to about N4 million a year so it might not be worth it for them..

Billyonaire: Most Definitely true, People live abroad for 2 reasons its either you are on top of the hustle chain, working real hard for retirement funds or you are broke. The moment a Nigerian gets comfortable, he heads home. I repeat, No Comfortable Nigerian lives abroad. I want someone to prove me wrong.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 25, 2013
I believe that some day are will there too...i dream a lady took me to abroad and she became my wife...wait ooh wo could dat be..rich if's U...
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by GooseBaba: 5:40pm On May 25, 2013
30DB4FA6: if u dey sleep with one eyez open then use one hand close am nah
grin grin... LMAO..!! Guy you don craze...
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 5:40pm On May 25, 2013
Return to where? No way!
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by obi2012: 5:44pm On May 25, 2013
15 years and counting... Came here after secondary schools and thanks to God blessing my parents, i went to university here and got my masters here with no student loans.. my 3 siblings also did the same thing too.. We are all based here and our parents are now american citizens so they can come and visit us as much as they want now they are retired..

We are all established here and all our careers are going well here so it would be tough to try and go back home to start over again with no connections.. Having no family ties back home also makes it tough to relocate.. We all still visit from time to time so the fact that we dont relocate has nothing to do with us being comfortable or not..
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by obowunmi(m): 5:44pm On May 25, 2013
Don't come home unless you've got something tangible to do.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Coldblooded(m): 5:44pm On May 25, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Lol not my generation? how old do you think I am? im pretty sure you are much older than me.....even for my 5 year old daughters generation...Nigeria has already lost...toooo much corruption, religion, cave menish mentality, lack of women and children rights....strong education infrastructure.....arrogance, pride and suffering and smiling syndrome....is killing Nigeria.....200 years from now...Nigeria will be where the U.S is today....damn shame to all Nigerians
I'm sorry to interfere, but don't you think your statement is offensive to Nigeria and Nigerians. Comon' I'm in Nigeria and am not dead yet.

Why is it that whenever most Nigerians leave the shores of this Nation they suddenly turn cold to their Fatherland, making derogatory statements about her and her citizens?
I think life is a choice, you choose the 1 that suits you.

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by GooseBaba: 5:46pm On May 25, 2013
playmode:

My brother don't bother explaining yourself to these anamus! They think they are enjoying in Nigeria.It is people like them who will be posing and snapping pictures with flowers when they reach abroad grin Let them be in their ignorance.Level pass level na,no be beans.They are virgins when it comes to the good life.

Guy with your statement it appears you were a suffer head before you cut out from naija...see your thinking .. So until person travel before him go know better thing...wahala dey ooo..

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by princeonx: 5:46pm On May 25, 2013
automaticcarzz:

She won't be letting the kids go there. I am going to Nigeria in December anyway but I need either a Nigerian passport or visa. 2005 is a long time.
That's fine! You go first then take it from there. For sure you will see or witness more negative things as in condition of things but make the best out of it after all its am experience! Bring back the goodies too! No be only bad thing dey naija! Bring your madam some native cloths she'll like it.
Visit property section too when you can and share building ideas and experiences with a whole lot of us living both in naija and outside Nigeria. Good luck!
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Coldblooded(m): 5:47pm On May 25, 2013
obi2012: 15 years and counting... Came here after secondary schools and thanks to God blessing my parents, i went to university here and got my masters here with no student loans.. my 3 siblings also did the same thing too.. We are all based here and our parents are now american citizens so they can come and visit us as much as they want now they are retired..

We are all established here and all our careers are going well here so it would be tough to try and go back home to start over again with no connections.. Having no family ties back home also makes it tough to relocate.. We all still visit from time to time so the fact that we dont relocate has nothing to do with us being comfortable or not..
well said bro, really love your explanation.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by GooseBaba: 5:50pm On May 25, 2013
REALITY101: Whenever the use of deodorant is enforced by the government..

Guy true talk...!!! Hahahaha ... Even for Yankee you go run into naija guy wey wear correct/expensive gear...I no know weda he forget to take care of him armpit...

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by KayDee4: 5:53pm On May 25, 2013
Another 'home-based vs diasporans' thread. . . . . never ending story. grin grin
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by userlist(f): 5:53pm On May 25, 2013
Stop this nonsense about coming to Naija.
I tried to contribute my quota by setting up
a business there in 2010. Guess what, those morons
who only know one way of life (corruption) tried and are
still trying to frustrate me.
Y'al should stop this village mentality that Nigerians who
reside outside the country does menial jobs.

The richest man in Nigeria live like the poorest
human in Canada.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by gothrones(m): 5:54pm On May 25, 2013
lastpage: ......
I feel more secure in my childhood 'hood', than anywhere else in the world.
I know them, they know me, inside out.
[size=15pt]I dont form big-man with them, l come down to their level. [/size]

Come down to their level? What an acutely condescending statement.

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by IleIfe2(m): 5:57pm On May 25, 2013
playmode:

My brother i just noticed that deleted the pictures in my post.As with everything in Nigeria,nairaland is now corrupt.The owner of nairaland has joined the Jonathan gang hence why they are trying to silence us.Please go and join the only un biased Nigerian forum where you can express yourself without censorship

[size=30pt]www.9jatalks.com[/size]

MY NAME IS ALEXANDER OLUGEORGE ,I STARTED THIS BLOG BECAUSE I WANTED 2 SHARE MY DAILY ODEALS WITH EVERYONE OUT THERE ESPECIALLY PEOPLE IN EUROPE ,ASIA ,AUSTRALASIA AND AMERICAS.I WAS BORN AND BRED IN THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA BUT I RELOCATED TO THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF SOUTHAFRICA IN OCTOBER 2002.EVER SINCE THEN I HAVE BEEN LIVING IN THE CITY OF JOHANNESBURG,IT HAS BEEN VERY HARD FOR ME TO SURVIVE IN SOUTHAFRICA BUT I DID CUT CORNERS TO MAKE A QUICK BUCK .THIS IS WHAT I AM GOING TO TELL YOU OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS. BACK IN NIGERIA I WAS ASOFTY

BUT I BECAME A HARDCORE PERSON WHEN I GOT TO SOUTH AFRICA .I AM GOING TO TELL YOU HOW I BECAME ONE OF THE MOST FEARED GANGSTER IN JOHANNESBURG OVER A PERIOD OF 4 YEARS.[/b]JUST STICK TO THIS PAGE FOR NEW UPDATES .I WILL START MY STORY OFFICIALLY TOMMORROW ,WATCH THIS SPACE.

My blogs

OLUGEORGE'S WORLD
[b]DIARY OF A CONMAN

Billionaire online
Makyvik Online
About me

Gender Male
Industry Marketing
Occupation call centre agent
Location johannesburg, gauteng, South Africa
Introduction i am a very simple guy who like to hang out in the mall when not working ,i am honest ,friendly and ambitious
Interests boxing, basketball, video games, f1 racing
Favorite Movies shaft, doom, titanic, mi 1, mi 2.
Favorite Music hihhop.
You've been invited to a fancy ball but the only thing you have to wear is an orange wooly jumper. What shoes do you wear?
timberland boots

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by IleIfe2(m): 5:58pm On May 25, 2013
about us
The 9JA Talks Forum aims at creating a platform for global debate on Nigerian matters, and bringing together Nigerians and friends of Nigeria,from all works of life and nations. The fundamental belief of this Forum is that a common meeting ground like 9ja Talks has the potential to bring large scale societal benefits to Nigeria and Nigerians, and to ease communication between Nigerians and Nigerian leaders. 9JA Talks is owned and administered by Alexander Olugeorge.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Michky: 6:00pm On May 25, 2013
Ile-Ife:
which information una dey use style collect with all these intelligence gathering thread?
Abi o. Let them continue to dole out their personal info on an online forum, while dumbly assuming that such info cannot be traced to them. Dumb Nigerians. And to top it up, y'all dont know that every link you click on the front page is a pointer to your offline life. Anyways, who cares!
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by GooseBaba: 6:00pm On May 25, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Pessimistic prophet of slow motion.... Dude na that one you wish for your generation....I hail oooo..

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 25, 2013
Cold blooded: I'm sorry to interfere, but don't you think your statement is offensive to Nigeria and Nigerians. Comon' I'm in Nigeria and am not dead yet.

Why is it that whenever most Nigerians leave the shores of this Nation they suddenly turn cold to their Fatherland, making derogatory statements about her and her citizens?
I think life is a choice, you choose the 1 that suits you.

Ok I understand what i said could be offensive...but you know the truth can sometimes offend people...did i say anything that wasnt true? everything i said is true....even every time i try to help someone in Nigeria they always try to scam me....is this true or not....I you move everybody in America to Nigeria... will Nigeria not become the new U.S? and the U.S the new Nigeria? Nigerians are Nigeria's problem....Nigerians should humble themselves and learn from people before them and Nigerians in diaspora......Nigerians are suffering but smiling like idiots instead of fighting for better situation....I pity the fool

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by userlist(f): 6:02pm On May 25, 2013
@ ebamma
Some naija based guys too mumu, so now any nigerian based in abroad is either a cleaner or a mortuary attendant, #too many mad peeps here

You got it right dud.
They are so daft and they think they know it all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South / Fiberesima Ama: A Hidden Island In Rivers State (Video) / Nigerian Airforce Helicopter Crash Lands In Enugu State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.