Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,362 members, 7,957,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:18 AM

Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? (39836 Views)

Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby / Before you divorce An Adulterous Wife. / How Do You "Live" With An Adulterous Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by justsaypeter001(m): 5:30pm On May 28, 2013
It is tough anyway. But u just have 2 4give . Especially if u want 2 go 2 heaven.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by blaise26abj(m): 5:31pm On May 28, 2013
How does forgiving a cheating spouse translate into keeping them?

OP: For me, yes i will forgive her but i won't keep her.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by justsaypeter001(m): 5:31pm On May 28, 2013
Yes. He must 4give her if he wants 2 go 2 heaven.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by oyin50(f): 5:33pm On May 28, 2013
alutacontinua:

Waoh! The female gender has suffered in this world. SMH!
madam pls can u shut up and stop degrading the sanctity of marraige...jeeez it is a bloody filthy shame for a married woman to cheat. Pls can all these lousy serial cheats just shut up and say what ur heart knows is simply wrong.

5 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by esere826: 5:34pm On May 28, 2013
wow

i suddely love the gospel of heaven vs hell
it seems to keep otherwise undisciplined people in check
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 28, 2013
Wallie: Should a husband forgive his wife caught red handed with a guy on top of her? Yes if the guy can look past it and move on with his wife.

Would I forgive her if she were my wife? Absolutely f**king not! The sight will forever hunt me! Actually, I’ll probably be in jail by now for acting on my impulse.

Should my wife forgive me if she caught me cheating? I hope so but will understand if she does not.

Isn't that hypocrisy? Sure it is but nobody said life was fair.

I appreciate this post 100% for it's honesty.

At least you can admit the hypocrisy unlike those who are too stu*pid to realize they are hypocrites.

6 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 28, 2013
oyin50: madam pls can u shut up and stop degrading the sanctity of marraige...jeeez it is a bloody filthy shame for a married woman to cheat. Pls can all these lousy serial cheats just shut up and say what ur heart knows is simply wrong.
HMM HMMM HMMMM. OYIN LAYIN DOWN THE LAW . LAWDD AVE MERCY
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by efun209990: 5:35pm On May 28, 2013
Then i guess the wife should do the same if she catches her husband cheating. And please dont lets get started on the 'cheating' thing being a man's nature. both male and females have the tendency to be unfaithful, afterall, the men that cheat do it with women. my point is self-discipline and control is a necessity for BOTH men and women in order not to fall into the web of adultery.

plaetton:

Remorseful?
Big laugh. Would you not be if you were caught red handed?
Are armed robbers not remorseful when they are caught?
C'mon man.
The problem with we Africans, perhaps especially Nigerians, is the we always put sentiments where they do not belong.
We always put the square peg in the round hole.
For a woman to commit adultery requires long serious forethought. Before a woman contemplates such actions, she has to mentally damn her husband and convince herself that her husband deserved the damnation and humiliation.
Secondly, by the time the husband had discovered, she would have been doing it for a very long time.
Thirdly, once a cheater, always a cheater.
Fourth, if you ever ever forgive a cheating wife, you are forever doomed.
You will drop to minus zero in her eyes.
You would have given her all the powers she only dreamed of. She will completely emasculate you and turn you into a vegetable of your former self.

Let god do the forgiving for that kind of stuff. You are not god. You are human.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Adabar: 5:37pm On May 28, 2013
Hmmmmm. Even though i recognise the healing capacity of forgiveness, i will choose not to for these simple reasons:
Women do not sleep with men without having feelings for the person unless the lady in question is a prostitute but man can sleep with a woman without any feelings. For example, in my university days, i saw a girl that i had s3x with but couldnt recognise her until i saw her arseNAL. Simple fact: i was attracted by her 'arse'.
For the act itself, Man merely uses the projection of his body while the whole action takes place inside the woman

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Toks2008(m): 5:38pm On May 28, 2013
bukatyne:

Lucky you then. Goodluck.

You want to know the hell I am talking about? Are you are Christian?

I am a bible believing Holy spirit filled tongue blasting and GOD fearing believer. How else was i able to remain faithful to just one lady for 12 years till date if not by the spirit of GOD.

So i dont even want to argue this fact. If my wife cheats on me, its over. I will not divorce her but will torment her until she takes that walk by herself. Its not about forgiveness.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 28, 2013
efun209990: Then i guess the wife should do the same if she catches her husband cheating. And please dont lets get started on the 'cheating' thing being a man's nature. both male and females have the tendency to be unfaithful, afterall, the men that cheat do it with women. my point is self-discipline and control is a necessity for BOTH men and women in order not to fall into the web of adultery.

CHEATING IS DIFFERENT WITH MEN AND WOMEN. SEE THE WOMAN IS A RECIEVER. SHE IS GETTING FOREIGN MATTER INTRODUCED INTO HER BODY. THE SPERMATOZOA IS A FOREIGN BODY AND IT CHANGES THE COMPOSITION OF HER AND THEN SHE CREATES ANTIGENS TO THE GUYS SPERMATOZOA SO THE GUY IS WITH HER FOREVER. EVERY GUY A WOMAN HAS EVER SLEPT WITH REMAINS WITH HER FOREVER. SHE HAS ANTIGENS OF ALL THE MEN SHE HAS EVER HAD SE-X WITH. THATS WHY A WOMAN LOOKS HAGGARD THE MORE PARTNERS SHE HAS. HER IMMUNE SYSTEM GETS JACKED UP FROM ALL THE ANTIGENS CREATED IN HER. EVERY MAN A WOMAN HAS YANSHED IS IN HER FOREVER. FOR MEN ITS DIFFERENT. FOR MEN IT IS MORE OF A SPIRITUAL WEAKENING. FOR WOMEN ITS BOTH PHYSICAL AND SPIRITUAL

4 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 28, 2013
oyin50: madam pls can u shut up and stop degrading the sanctity of marraige...jeeez it is a bloody filthy shame for a married woman to cheat. Pls can all these lousy serial cheats just shut up and say what ur heart knows is simply wrong.

U cld have passed your message across without insulting.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by bukatyne(f): 5:41pm On May 28, 2013

And you keep quiet!

And where did she support infidelity? I guess it is not a shame for a married men to cheat right?

And who are the serial cheats?

Once again, KEEP QUIET!

4 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 28, 2013
obadiah777: CHEATING IS DIFFERENT WITH MEN AND WOMEN. SEE THE WOMAN IS A RECIEVER. SHE IS GETTING FOREIGN MATTER INTRODUCED INTO HER BODY. THE SPERMATOZOA IS A FOREIGN BODY AND IT CHANGES THE COMPOSITION OF HER AND THEN SHE CREATES ANTIGENS TO THE GUYS SPERMATOZOA SO THE GUY IS WITH HER FOREVER. EVERY GUY A WOMAN HAS EVER SLEPT WITH REMAINS WITH HER FOREVER. SHE HAS ANTIGENS OF ALL THE MEN SHE HAS EVER HAD SE-X WITH. THATS WHY A WOMAN LOOKS HAGGARD THE MORE PARTNERS SHE HAS. HER IMMUNE SYSTEM GETS JACKED UP FROM ALL THE ANTIGENS CREATED IN HER. EVERY MAN A WOMAN HAS YANSHED IS IN HER FOREVER. FOR MEN ITS DIFFERENT. FOR MEN IT IS MORE OF A SPIRITUAL WEAKENING. FOR WOMEN ITS BOTH PHYSICAL AND SPIRITUAL

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
I'm loving this topic.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by mbulela: 5:43pm On May 28, 2013
albridge: When a mans trust in his wife is betrayed by her having affairs with other men and he caught her red handed with a man on top of her should he still stay married to her or divorce her? Is there a place for christian forgiveness in such a case?
Lousy question.
Should a wife forgive an adulterous wife?
Who told you forgiveness has a gender?
All these misogynistic topics are nauseating.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by ecolime(m): 5:43pm On May 28, 2013
I can't even forgive and take back my girlfriend if she cheats on me talkless of my own wedded wife. Why should a man or woman defile his/her marraige in the first place? It's so disgusting and shameful.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 28, 2013
He should forgive....hehehe. But she shouldn't be surprised if he asks for divorce. Adultery is ground for divorce.

women love with their hearts first, for her to sleep with another guy, her heart is no longer with her husband.
such woman can kill her husband.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Toks2008(m): 5:44pm On May 28, 2013
obadiah777: CHEATING IS DIFFERENT WITH MEN AND WOMEN. SEE THE WOMAN IS A RECIEVER. SHE IS GETTING FOREIGN MATTER INTRODUCED INTO HER BODY. THE SPERMATOZOA IS A FOREIGN BODY AND IT CHANGES THE COMPOSITION OF HER AND THEN SHE CREATES ANTIGENS TO THE GUYS SPERMATOZOA SO THE GUY IS WITH HER FOREVER. EVERY GUY A WOMAN HAS EVER SLEPT WITH REMAINS WITH HER FOREVER. SHE HAS ANTIGENS OF ALL THE MEN SHE HAS EVER HAD SE-X WITH. THATS WHY A WOMAN LOOKS HAGGARD THE MORE PARTNERS SHE HAS. HER IMMUNE SYSTEM GETS JACKED UP FROM ALL THE ANTIGENS CREATED IN HER. EVERY MAN A WOMAN HAS YANSHED IS IN HER FOREVER. FOR MEN ITS DIFFERENT. FOR MEN IT IS MORE OF A SPIRITUAL WEAKENING. FOR WOMEN ITS BOTH PHYSICAL AND SPIRITUAL

OH MY GOD!

Goodness and mercy shall follow you all the days of your life bro.

If i second your comment with the spiritual implication, everyone reading this will pray and fast for the strength to avoid adultery at all cost.

Many people think its just about the p and c coming together. It goes beyond that. Far far beyond that.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by bukatyne(f): 5:44pm On May 28, 2013
Toks2008:

I am a bible believing Holy spirit filled tongue blasting and GOD fearing believer. How else was i able to remain faithful to just one lady for 12 years till date if not by the spirit of GOD.

So i dont even want to argue this fact. If my wife cheats on me, its over. I will not divorce her but will torment her until she takes that walk by herself. Its not about forgiveness.

Hmm torment!

Bible believing Holy Spirit filled tongue blasting and GOD fearing believing tormenter! shocked

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by InvertedHammer: 5:45pm On May 28, 2013
*Kails*:
idk...should a wife forgive an adulterous husband? tongue

Heck. I will forgive her but the marriage is over.

If she catches me cheating, it is her call not mine.

And I for one will not ask for forgiveness.

I will see it as "I got caught" and will bear the full consequences.

And those consequences should be enough deterrents to cheat in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by efun209990: 5:46pm On May 28, 2013
to me i believe those are just 'theories'. adultery is adultery. lets call a spade a spade. as for the belief that the more sex partners a woman has the more haggard she looks, it makes me laugh. i have seen promiscuous women that are amazingly youthful and beautiful. My point is, it is wrong for both men and women to cheat. and HUMAN beings have the tendency to do so, it only takes discipline and the grace of God. also, who says some women cannot have 'no strings attached' intimacy? grin

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by mbulela: 5:46pm On May 28, 2013
Adabar: Hmmmmm. Even though i recognise the healing capacity of forgiveness, i will choose not to for these simple reasons:
Women do not sleep with men without having feelings for the person unless the lady in question is a prostitute but man can sleep with a woman without any feelings. For example, in my university days, i saw a girl that i had s3x with but couldnt recognise her until i saw her arseNAL. Simple fact: i was attracted by her 'arse'.
For the act itself, Man merely uses the projection of his body while the whole action takes place inside the woman
and you think prostitutes are born that way? you do not know it is an acquired taste? what stops a wife who by your definition is not a prostitute from acquiring same taste?
By extension what stops a man from sleeping with a woman whose ass he was attracted to from falling in 'love' with same woman after sleeping with her?
Your post is highly mysogynistic and devoid of logic.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by mbulela: 5:48pm On May 28, 2013
Beloved1993: He should forgive....hehehe. But she shouldn't be surprised if he asks for divorce. Adultery is ground for divorce.

women love with their hearts first, for her to sleep with another guy, her heart is no longer with her husband.
such woman can kill her husband.
but a man who sleeps with another woman, his heart is still with his wife,abi?

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by ecolime(m): 5:48pm On May 28, 2013
bukatyne:

And you keep quiet!

And where did she support infidelity? I guess it is not a shame for a married men to cheat right?

And who are the serial cheats?

Once again, KEEP QUIET!

You sound like such a woman.

4 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Toks2008(m): 5:48pm On May 28, 2013
bukatyne:

Hmm torment!

Bible believing Holy Spirit filled tongue blasting and GOD fearing believing tormenter! shocked

If you like take my comment out of context, na you sabi. I know what im implying.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by bukatyne(f): 5:48pm On May 28, 2013
alutacontinua:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
I'm loving this topic.

My dear,

Read the Bible yourself and don't let any misogynist deceive you with their half baked theories. God describes a man cheating as carrying coals of fire in his laps; says that a man who sleeps with a woman is one with her spiritually; that a man who engages in adultery is going to his destruction.

As a matter of fact, the Bible dwelt more with adultery on the male side than female side.

4 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Decryptor(m): 5:48pm On May 28, 2013
SMH @ some of the comments from sissy-men here. I caught my ex whom i was to wed sometime last year cheating and i kicked her aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ .se to the curb one hand! How much more a woman i call my wife. It is not out of this world that here in Nigeria, women will definitely forgive their spouse if caught cheating because of the status marriage put them. It would be so demeaning for a woman who was once married to suddenly go back to her father's house and become single again. Secondly, the thought of her fellow woman (whom the husband cheated with) taking over her matrimonial home is painful enough.
Compare the Western world such as the United States where if a woman divorces a man' she gets custody of the children and all the other things such as the house, cars etc remains in her possession and the husband pays her monthly alimony for the upkeep of the children. I can bet my life on it that if that was the case in Nigeria, no nigerian woman will ever think of forgiveness! Infact, we would constantly witness countless situations whereby a woman would deliberately set her husband up in an infidelity rap in order to claim his wealth and belongings. We all know how materialistic the average Nigerian woman is in our society. So pleaseeee all these NL ladies ranting here, save your sermons! I know what is in the dark mind of most Nigerian women of today.

5 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Sike(m): 5:49pm On May 28, 2013
"If and only if" he wishes.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Toks2008(m): 5:50pm On May 28, 2013
mbulela:
but a man who sleeps with another woman, his heart is still with his wife,abi?

A BIG YES.

Men get carried away with what they see but women don't. It takes a lot to get a woman in bed. Her heart must have been off from her hubby before such thing can ever happen.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Toks2008(m): 5:51pm On May 28, 2013
Decryptor: SMH @ some of the comments from sissy-men here. I caught my ex whom i was to wed sometime last year cheating and i kicked her aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ .se to the curb one hand! How much more a woman i call my wife. It is not out of this world that here in Nigeria, women will definitely forgive their spouse if caught cheating because of the status marriage put them. It would be so demeaning for a woman who was once married to suddenly go back to her father's house and become single again. Secondly, the thought of her fellow woman (whom the husband cheated with) taking over her matrimonial home is painful enough.
Compare the Western world such as the United States where if a woman divorces a man' she gets custody of the children and all the other things such as the house, cars etc remains in her possession and the husband pays her monthly alimony for the upkeep of the children. I can bet my life on it that if that was the case in Nigeria, no nigerian woman will ever think of forgiveness! Infact, we would constantly witness countless situations whereby a woman would deliberately set her husband up in an infidelity rap in order to claim his wealth and belongings. We all know how materialistic the average Nigerian woman is in our society. So pleaseeee all these NL ladies ranting here, save your sermons! I know what is in the dark mind of most Nigerian women of today.

Hmmmm! Food for taught.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Decryptor(m): 5:52pm On May 28, 2013
bukatyne:

My dear,

Read the Bible yourself and don't let any misogynist deceive you with their half baked theories. God describes a man cheating as carrying coals of fire in his laps; says that a man who sleeps with a woman is one with her spiritually; that a man who engages in adultery is going to his destruction.

As a matter of fact, the Bible dwelt more with adultery on the male side than female side.
Ok...meaning it's cool for a woman to commit adultery right?
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by bukatyne(f): 5:53pm On May 28, 2013
ecolime:

You sound like such a woman.

I have absolutely nothing to prove to you dear tongue

Because I don't support either husbands or wives cheating, I sound like an adulteress!

Adultery by either husband or wife is equally very terrible and God hates it. If the debate was about how bad adultery was, no qualms. But for people to twist the Bible and colour it with their own personal prejudice is what pisses me off.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

"How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out / My Wife Dated, Slept With 8 Different Men, Man Tells Judge / My Husband Refused To Take A Second Wife, Please Separate Us, Woman Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.