Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,757 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS (28536 Views)

The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics / Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge / Lekki - Ikoyi Link Bridge Construction Update - July 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by tunapawizzy: 12:32am On May 30, 2013
majority of the people complaining about tolling here are idiotssssss,,,,very big ones. u mofos have gone way beyond redemption...*EnemiesOfGoodThings u come here open ur shitty mouth n talk without thinking it through
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by Touchforfree(m): 12:41am On May 30, 2013
If this link bridge is not tolled, there will always be un-usual traffic all thru the bridge because :
(1). Motorists going to Lekki/Ajah axis will be using the route to bye-pass the LCC Toll plaza @ Lekki.
(2). It is a shorter route moving from Ikoyi to Lekki and vice-versa.
(3). Motorists that could afford it then, pay as much as #1,000 to ferry their cars from Tarzan (opposite 1004 Estate) to Ikoyi (Lady Oyinkan Drive) to move out of the traffic jam.
(4). The 2 receiving roads (Ikoyi & Lekki) will be heavily flooded with traffic if it is open to all free.......
IN VIEW OF THESE, IT IS STILL A MATTER OF CHOICE FOR US IF TO PLY IT OR NOT; THE HIGHER TOLL@ THE BRIDGE COMPARE TO LCC TOLL PLAZA IS TO REDUCE THE TRAFFIC VOLUME ON THE BRIDGE..........

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by wildchild1: 12:44am On May 30, 2013
Proud to be a Lagosian...I be Omo Eko gan gan

Thanks Gov Fashola
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by x2lambo(m): 12:46am On May 30, 2013
All over the world the cities are much expensive to live than the country side not everyone can afford to live in the cities even in the US its simple if you cant afford to live in Lagos try other less expensive state ....in Lagos we need good infrastructure a development like this is much welcome
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by olapluto(m): 12:47am On May 30, 2013
Why are Lagosians making mouth? Ajimobi is building something better in Ibadan.
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by EkoAtlantic: 1:01am On May 30, 2013
ola_pluto: Why are Lagosians making mouth? Ajimobi is building something better in Ibadan.

you smoke igbo abi lol, Ajimobi is trying though.
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by EmmyBoy2(m): 1:08am On May 30, 2013
cheesy grin cheesy cheesy[quote author=Eko Atlantic]Ajumobi is commissioning, Fashola is commissioning, jonathan is delivering speech;

I love this democracy. Ha ha ha:::
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by chris365(m): 1:17am On May 30, 2013
O my God. angry why are Nigerians such hypocrites and annoying? This man has almost privatized Lagos for his boss. He's now chansing agberos off lekki road to be taxing motorists himself. Because he managed to renovate the road that was already there.
Babangida built 3rd mainland bridge and didn't toll it, and this guy builds a small bridge and charges 500 per trip. (and the bridge is trully small) I know cos i live in lekki phase 1 * which the bridge links to Ikoyi*
Fashola runs a Government for the rich and doesn't deserve the praises he's getting. 'not especially for this private Business he just opened'

if it was GEJ you'll be crying ''clueless''. Now it's Tinubu's boy and it ain't nothing. SMH

8 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by bashydemy(m): 1:19am On May 30, 2013
This is why i like and appreciate my SW Governors, When there counterparts in PDP are busy fighting over NGF cases since last friday, they have all gone back to work and commisioning good thinking jare my Governor

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by funshint(m): 1:44am On May 30, 2013
ola_pluto: Why are Lagosians making mouth? Ajimobi is building something better in Ibadan.
Hey troll keep off. Your plan to destabilize us won't work. PDP apologist! grin

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by Nobody: 2:09am On May 30, 2013
Marco-P :

You truly have a psychological problem. Why can't praise-singers like you, Gbawe, Eko Atlantic and your ilks just learn to keep quiet when necessary. People are not as stupid as you present yourself to be.

There is no doubt that this bridge is a good development. But does it call for the type of celebration you are calling for? The answer is capital NO!

This road is simply another questionable private investment which will be recouped through tolling. It's part of the bigger ACN agenda anyway. Governance for the rich only.

So, tell me why I should climb Zenith Height on Ajose Adeogun and start shouting halleluya because another Tinubu company has been commissioned?

In all honesty, tell me... Can you afford this toll?

Obviously a senseless comment borne out of anger with good dose of hatred.

The fact that you are not happy nor celebrating the addition of another alternative exit point is purely your headache and you have no right to infest others here with your disease.

Yes I can't afford to pay...so I will use the New market inner free road or the toll gate road...happy? Ode!

If you like go and climb the Olumo rock and from there jump into the Ogun river ...it's good for the human race...one less hater for us to deal with. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by bighead1(m): 2:11am On May 30, 2013
what the f+*k? is he m-a-d ? must he toll everything?
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by stonefaze: 2:12am On May 30, 2013
Touchforfree: If this link bridge is not tolled, there will always be un-usual traffic all thru the bridge because :
(1). Motorists going to Lekki/Ajah axis will be using the route to bye-pass the LCC Toll plaza @ Lekki.
(2). It is a shorter route moving from Ikoyi to Lekki and vice-versa.
(3). Motorists that could afford it then, pay as much as #1,000 to ferry their cars from Tarzan (opposite 1004 Estate) to Ikoyi (Lady Oyinkan Drive) to move out of the traffic jam.
(4). The 2 receiving roads (Ikoyi & Lekki) will be heavily flooded with traffic if it is open to all free.......
IN VIEW OF THESE, IT IS STILL A MATTER OF CHOICE FOR US IF TO PLY IT OR NOT; THE HIGHER TOLL@ THE BRIDGE COMPARE TO LCC TOLL PLAZA IS TO REDUCE THE TRAFFIC VOLUME ON THE BRIDGE..........

(Clapping my hands)....simply broken down.its plain common sense.if the bridge is free,it will simply cause havoc on dat axis.it's as simple as that.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by Nobody: 2:18am On May 30, 2013
stonefaze:

(Clapping my hands)....simply broken down.its plain common sense.if the bridge is free,it will simply cause havoc on dat axis.it's as simple as that.

That is the compromise that the Osbourne residents and govt reached...the same condition that the more preferable Banana Island residents out rightly rejected.
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by PapaBrowne(m): 2:35am On May 30, 2013
Nice bridge!! Excellente!!

Fashola just knows how to do it right!
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by Nobody: 2:38am On May 30, 2013
PapaBrowne: Nice bridge!! Excellente!!

Fashola just knows how to do it right!

Would you vote for him as President?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by PapaBrowne(m): 2:47am On May 30, 2013
^^^^^^
I wouldn't mind. He is a very good administrator. A good visioneer.

But to be fair and truthful, First, he cannot win in APC. The mathematics don't work in his favour.
Second, administering Lagos is different from administering Nigeria.
Thirdly, if you question was about 2019, fine. If it is about 2015, I don't think there is a vacancy in Aso Rock.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by EkoIle1: 2:57am On May 30, 2013
PapaBrowne: ^^^^^^

But to be fair and truthful, First, he cannot win in APC. The mathematics don't work in his favour.
Thirdly, if you question was about 2019, fine. If it is about 2015, I don't think there is a vacancy in Aso Rock.

But a man from the back waters of Bayelsa with zero achievement as a governor is the president of Nigeria?

...the highlighted explains your character, warped and morbid hope for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by Nobody: 2:59am On May 30, 2013

Your mind is made-up regardless of who is contesting against Jonathan in 2015. I am so sure you are ready to vote against your own interest just to have GEJ continue as President. Fashola will be nominated as APC Presidential Canditate. Even Buhari has no chance against Fashola when the presidential primary season begins. You can take that to the bank.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by kraftykc(m): 3:01am On May 30, 2013
This is a beautiful bridge no doubt.
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by kraftykc(m): 3:06am On May 30, 2013

I like how sensible ur post is even if disagree with the 3rd part. Aso Rock is dividing PDP, creating schisms in the defense, making Nigerians poorer and polarising the country to no end. Also I hate the way GEJ has set up an elitist style economy that wont drive a middle class but only make more billions for billionaires.
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by Betalyf: 3:41am On May 30, 2013
Thats a good one for BRF and i dont have an issue with tolling though i dont support too much charges so it wont turn to exploitation.
The problems with Nigerians is that we want everything free and that's what the policians use as a tool to deceieve and loot the nations,until we start taking responsibility and re-orientate our minds from this free of charge things im afraid there wont be any meaningful development in the country.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by Nobody: 3:44am On May 30, 2013
I hope Governor Fashola would contest for the 2015 election. I would gladly cast my vote for him. He is an exemplary leader and i believe he can get things done. If Egbere Jonathan can be the president, then Fashola is 10X worthy! I don't give a hoot about party affiliations...all Nigeria needs is a visionary leader.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by Nobody: 3:57am On May 30, 2013
Fashola for president come 2015

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by dayokanu(m): 4:18am On May 30, 2013

The morron administering Nigeria currently was a monumental failure governing 2million people in Bayelsa
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by james1(m): 4:21am On May 30, 2013
Photo guide to London
LondonPhotoTours.com
Home

Dartford toll tunnel (Dartford Crossing) charges - prices 2013

Dartford Tunnel/ Queen Elizabeth Bridge 2013

vehicle peak

0600 - 22.00
off peak

22.00 - 06.00

motorcyle (sidecar or not) or bicycle FREE FREE
motorcar (inc 3 wheelers and taxis ) £2.00 FREE trailers free
goods vehicle, coaches (no more than 2 axles) £2.50 FREE trailers free
goods vehicle, coaches (more than 2 axles) £5.00 FREE trailers free
there is a max height limit of 5 metres (16.5ft)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

more info : there are 2 tunnels which are used when going anti-clockwise round the M25 - there is an advantage in taking the right hand tunnel for when you come out the other side. For travelling clockwise round the M25 you take the Queen Elizabeth Bridge which is also part of the Dartford River Crossing. If you don't like heights and you are going towards London you might consider the A13 instead. To go South you can then take the Blackwall tunnel which is free.

Prices are the same both ways and both tolls are on the Kent side of the river. Car drivers living in the Dartford and Thurrock council areas can get special discounts.

Bicycle owners - you have to dismount and be transported across - we are not sure how you get there in the first place!

An update for cyclists wanting to cross by Stewart H - The crossing can be approached from the north(travelling south) via junction 31(A1306 West Thurrock). There is a security/services office on the left just past the top of the on ramp and a lift over the bridge can be got from here. Similarly travelling north from the south side, the tunnel approach can be accessed via junction 1a (Crayford/Stone) and a lift arranged from the main offices.

Exemptions from payment Dartfort Crossing:
•If your vehicle is exempt from paying the Vehicle Excise Tax on the grounds of disability - cross at the manned point (not automatic) and have documentation. You can also register so that your vehicle will be recognised by the number plate recognition system.
•if the vehicle is an invalid carriage that does not exceed 508 kilograms in unladen weight
You can pay charges in Euros (limited to 50). There are discounts if you buy a Dart Tag card in advance (worth it if you cross regularly)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conditions and charges can change we cannot guarantee to be up to date at all times - please check the Official Dart-Tag website if you are unsure or need more information.

Dartford toll tunnel QE2 Bridge 2013

Locations
Tower of London
Leicester Square
Changing of the Guard
Greenwich
Houses of Parliament
Big Ben
Trafalgar Square
St Pauls Cathedral
London Eye
Statues / Monuments
Statues and Monuments
Information
Tourist Offices
Dartford Tunnel Prices
Blackwall Tunnel
Resources
© LondonPhotoTours.com; 2012. All images and text are original to us. All Rights Reserved. No photographic images or text may be copied or used without our permission.
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by james1(m): 4:26am On May 30, 2013
so before you make too much noise that the south london QE2 bridge is tolled;remember to add the facts that its free during off peak periods.
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by james1(m): 4:41am On May 30, 2013
and before warped minded people come open their mouths;am not saying the project is not commendable but if he is the governor of lagos and not the governor of only those who can "afford it";why restrict some supposedly lesser citizens in fashola and his handy men sight from using a bridge in their own country?
the commoners in this country ride in buses and not exotic autos.
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by oaken(m): 4:41am On May 30, 2013
The bridge's awesome, lik london bridge, opens and closes. Buh d toll fee is #500 4 cars, donno buses and d rest.
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by Nobody: 4:48am On May 30, 2013
If all states is like Lagos, Nigeria would have been something else.

The only problem we have is security and our street/environment is too dirty. Lagos and Abuja is world class city but we need good transport system as in overseas countries. Taxi with meter will be the answer; most taxi drivers r criminals(1 chance)
U dont price taxi in many countries, all u need is to site down and watch the meter to know ur bill.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by aquabeing: 5:19am On May 30, 2013
chris365: O my God. angry why are Nigerians such hypocrites and annoying? This man has almost privatized Lagos for his boss. He's now chansing agberos off lekki road to be taxing motorists himself. Because he managed to renovate the road that was already there.
Babangida built 3rd mainland bridge and didn't toll it, and this guy builds a small bridge and charges 500 per trip. (and the bridge is trully small) I know cos i live in lekki phase 1 * which the bridge links to Ikoyi*
Fashola runs a Government for the rich and doesn't deserve the praises he's getting. 'not especially for this private Business he just opened'

if it was GEJ you'll be crying ''clueless''. Now it's Tinubu's boy and it ain't nothing. SMH

You are just a hater with no positive argument.We are proud of Fashola.Eko o ni baje oo!!!
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by Nobody: 5:38am On May 30, 2013
teskyg: See as mumus like Eko Atlantic and Ile hoodwinking people to celebrate a charade,extortion and double taxation project.I bet they are staff of LASG government whom I see at Lekki toll gate everyday waving their Identity card and begging @ Lekki toll gate to be allowed free access to pass through the toll or evade arrest by Lagos self created law enforcement staffs.One day,you all will reap the consequences of your deveptive tendencies.
Oponu. Na your incompetent Clueless Shoeless Oga at d top go reap consequences of his deceptive tendencies. And it's deceptive, not deveptive. I'm still expecting PDP Pro-jonathanft troll like BEAF AKA INSINCERE NIGERIAN who have multiple accounts to try and discredit this EXEMPLARY LEADERSHIP in GOVERNOR FASHOLA. FASHOLA IS WORKING, JONATHAN IS FIGHTING; Ask boko haram, ask Amaechi. Ask opposition. OBJ, IBB, BUHARI, . . .His achievement; No light, no good roads. Soaring Corruption, witch-hunting,. . . . . Fashola 4 President jor,make Jonathanft go back to fishing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? / Ambode Commissions 21 Road Networks In Alimosho (Photos) / Abdul Mumuni Abiola: "If I'm Assassinated, Hold My Brothers Responsible"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.