Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,335 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS (28504 Views)

The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics / Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge / Lekki - Ikoyi Link Bridge Construction Update - July 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by rasputinn(m): 5:42am On May 30, 2013
Thread reeking with boot lickers.
Well done Fashola,but must it be tolled for all,couldn't you make it toll-free for tax payers,while only those without proof of tax payment pay the toll?.

Tax payers in Lagos state please take heart
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by naptu2: 5:51am On May 30, 2013
rasputinn: Thread reeking with boot lickers.
Well done Fashola,but must it be tolled for all,couldn't you make it toll-free for tax payers,while only those without proof of tax payment pay the toll?.

There's no way you could have that bridge without toll and banning some classes of vehicles. The bridge terminates at Phase 1 Estate (which has already banned commercial buses and okada and taxis are not allowed in after 6m), a residential area. Imagine the kind of traffic jam you would have from people who are trying to avoid the toll on the express. Even the bridge would not be able to cope. The bridge is a premium road.

Those who don't want to pay toll will use New Market Road, those who want to pay toll can use the expressway and those who want to make a faster journey can use the bridge which has a higher toll than the express (it's 250 naira for cars and 300 for SUVs).

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by Nobody: 5:56am On May 30, 2013
PapaBrowne: ^^^^^^
I wouldn't mind. He is a very good administrator. A good visioneer.

But to be fair and truthful, First, he cannot win in APC. The mathematics don't work in his favour.
Second, administering Lagos is different from administering Nigeria.
Thirdly, if you question was about 2019, fine. If it is about 2015, I don't think there is a vacancy in Aso Rock.
What qualified the fisherman to be President in the first place? A man with absolutely no achievement in bayelsa. Let me tell you, it takes a visionary man like Fash to govern Nigeria,not a dulard and learner like Gej. Most of you who support Gej are doing that cos he is an Ijaw man,southern man but you need to be objective and take sentiments away. Goodluck is not the right man for this country. He just don't know what to do with the resources in his domain than setting up committees. Yes there was bh, that is no excuse for failure. I voted Gej like many other cos he said he was shoeless. Many of us expected more from this man but his achievement so far is behind 20 percent

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by supereagle(m): 6:05am On May 30, 2013
[size=28pt]APC should prepare this man to lead Nigeria.PDP is a curse to Nigeria[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by Nobody: 6:05am On May 30, 2013
rasputinn: Thread reeking with boot lickers.

We know u're not a lagos resident but another frustrated blind supporter of a failed federal Government under an incompetent,inferiority minded,no-progress,threatened administration. For your info, if u want a free road, you go through market road. That one is without toll. Else pay your 250 or 300 for car and SUV respectively. We tax payers aint complaining. Goodluck with the Niger bridge till Jesus come

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by Burger01(m): 6:16am On May 30, 2013
Eko baje ti... Haters please go jump from Ikoyi link bridge.

Fashy Baba, we dey your back like hunchback. Please do one more term. This is dividend of democracy.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:27am On May 30, 2013
ZACHIE: What about the toll?
SUV is 300
cars 250
Sport bikes 200

Keke Marwa/Okada/Busses banned
u won't kill yourself with ur village life!
A typical Nigerian will want everything to work fine but for freeeeee! I mean, real freeee!

Let me juggle u a lil' bit:

In england, The toll at the Humber Bridge per single crossing costs: £1.20 for motor cycles, £2.70 for cars, £4.90 for goods vehicles and £18.90 for heavy commercial vehicles and this Humber Bridge is just a single-span suspension bridge, which connects the East Riding of Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire.

The toll for the QE2 bridge even av off peak and peak period. It's free to motorbikes though, but a vehicle pay as much as 5pounds to pass!

So, pack go ur 'fillage' if lagos dey kill u!

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by Nobody: 6:44am On May 30, 2013
SLIDE waxie: u won't kill yourself with ur village life!
A typical Nigerian will want everything to work fine but for freeeeee! I mean, real freeee!

Let me juggle u a lil' bit:

In england, The toll at the Humber Bridge per single crossing costs: £1.20 for motor cycles, £2.70 for cars, £4.90 for goods vehicles and £18.90 for heavy commercial vehicles and this Humber Bridge is just a single-span suspension bridge, which connects the East Riding of Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire.

The toll for the QE2 bridge even av off peak and peak period. It's free to motorbikes though, but a vehicle pay as much as 5pounds to pass!

So, pack go ur 'fillage' if lagos dey kill u!

Arrant nonsense! Compare apple with apple my friend. England vs Nigeria.....How some people dey think sef? So the social amenities, living standard, economic indices and employement rate in both country are thesame. What we are saying is simple: Use our tax and build roads for us but ask us for toll. This is a command, not an appeal. The electorates are the real 'boss'

The next time you come up with your "pack from Lagos" stuff, I will definately give you an e-slap. What is Lagos state natural resources that is contributing to the federation account? All Lagos has is our tax money and our oil money. So please shut da f up

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by Justice42003: 6:45am On May 30, 2013
Eko Atlantic: Waiting for akpu villagers from the other side of niger to tell us how their village chairmen built something similar before Fashola stole the idea. Jesters.

@ 6;45 am ,dis shows how jobless u ar,had it been u hav a job or a place of work to avoid ur early mornin routine,nd less i 4get d bridge was not built 4 people like u who live in ikorodu, e-remain small u go find ur self 4 sagamu.
Frm somolu bariga 2 ketu,ketu 2 ikorodu,nd u still believe u ar a lagosian.
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by sunsky29(m): 6:56am On May 30, 2013
ameachi are u seeing?u prmsd us this n said it wil b the 1st in naija.but fashola don do am y u u da dia da still da draw blueprint?abi dm da do am?i neva hear abt am again.wel,jst 1st fashola complete ya own mono rail project.n jst go n tel oga jonah sowi.so al ths political roforofoism wil stp.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by Afam4evaIsASlut: 6:56am On May 30, 2013
Redoil: Then the million dollar kwestion is after paying huge amount of toll do we still need to pay tax.

Yes, illiterate, you do need to pay tax even after paying toll. Today, between Manhattan, Staten Island and NJ I paid at least 5 separate tolls totaling over $50; I will still get billed by the Federal Govt, State Govt and Municipal Govt on my Income. I know this is necessary because services I need like security and good roads have to be funded somehow.

So, yes, illiterate Okoro, you do need to pay tax as toll booths are not taxes but fees you pay for using certain portions of specific roads.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by oyeleyemaureen(m): 6:57am On May 30, 2013
thank u mr fash
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by sunsky29(m): 6:59am On May 30, 2013
amechi jst try complete dat twin 25 story building...i no want go nia dat area c dat project lyk dat.4 4kin sake...i love p.h die.no vex me.
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by mruwaifo(m): 7:01am On May 30, 2013
Nigeria needs fashola
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by Afam4evaIsASlut: 7:02am On May 30, 2013
rasputinn:

Wait, wahaaaatttt?!!?!

Lmaooooooo

So, each time someones gets to a toll booth they start digging and searching the glove compartment for proof that they paid tax? Ok, so how is the toll-booth attendant expected to verify that this "proof" youre presenting is real and not a forgery? How long do they have to delay each car so that proof can be verified?

Bros, abeg go back to your village, civilization is not for you.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by sunsky29(m): 7:03am On May 30, 2013
amaechi i know say u don try 4 roads?but u prmsd riverz pipu ths b4 b4 o..i no blame u ni.i blame myslf bks vote 4 u.
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by carlfine: 7:07am On May 30, 2013
wow dis is lovely........
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by leonshom(m): 7:07am On May 30, 2013
Ow in life wuld any1 escape criticisms? Datz normal, wot seems gud 2u myt not be gud 2 sum1 else, dependin on d level of reasoning. U myt think Fashola did sumtin magnificient while sum1 else wuld tell u he's just exhibiting his his office duties,roles nd functions of being d Governor of a state. I see no reason 2 kal any1 haters if dey criticise,it is very much allowed in an Intellectual environment ! Kudos to Fashola 4his great Jobs and also Kudos to dos involved in his government. A single man wouldn't av made dis possible if nt wiv d help of odas in his administration nd most expecially wiv d help of God !
ilugunboy: Sweet.....

As usual...the haters will come in here to utter their usual nonsense.
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by sunsky29(m): 7:07am On May 30, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]ths fash na wash.d guy jezt dey do fyn fyn tinz 4 1 place.cum push d poor go 1 place.av ani 1 seen the state schz in riverz....i pray afta ameachi tenure,they dnt turn ths schs to badagry boarder. ;Dths fash na wash.d guy jezt dey do fyn fyn tinz 4 1 place.cum push d poor go 1 place.av ani 1 seen the state schz in riverz....i pray afta ameachi tenure,they dnt turn ths schs to badagry boarder.
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by DipLinks: 7:08am On May 30, 2013
THIS IS WOT WE REALLY NEED IN NIJA AND AFTER DOING ALL THE NECESSITY TO THE COUNTRY FIRST, THEN OUR LEADERS CAN SHARE
THE REMAINING NATIONAL CAKE AS USUAL.
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by sunsky29(m): 7:10am On May 30, 2013
i'don bounce,ma go show amaechi this photo.i don vex.
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by Nobody: 7:11am On May 30, 2013
Am sure most of the people shouting themselves here will not complain if they have the second Niger bridge tolled at 500 per car and 1000 per SUV and the option of using the old bridge for free.

As usual they will even brag about it to their village kindred ( whatever that word means) and folks that " Nna meeehnnnn...I pass through the Niger bridge every time with all my cars" all in their usual vain glory.

Or just maybe their govt believe they will never pay for anything call utility that is why they can't even mute their idea of a PPP to build the new bridge but will rather wait till eternity on FG to build so they can hopefully ply it for free....it's not implausible

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by bloggernaija: 7:21am On May 30, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by porka: 7:48am On May 30, 2013
Bravo to Governor Fashola and his team.

This is commendable.

One thing our politicians should emulate in the military projects is expansiveness.

It's worrying for instance that this bridge is only four-lane.

Imagine that the Third Mainland Bridge commissioned in the 1990s is eight-lane.

It cuts across all states in Nigeria, politicians only built small/tiny infrastructure only for the population to increase rapidly and render them inadequate.

Bravo though.
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by BarrSeun: 7:50am On May 30, 2013
The man has done an excellent job in Lagos State. Whichever way we look at it, tax payers money is being utilized. There are other places where there has nothing to show for all allocations and taxes being collected. It is here in Nigeria that the concept of tax paying has become a nightmare and burdensome. In the advanced world and society, they all enjoy to good roads, electricity supply, reasonable cost in terms of feeding, clothing, social well-being to mention a few. All these things don't come easily. Their citizens have had course to pay the price by consistent payment of their taxes and commitment to national development.

Nigeria, let's learn not to evade tax. For Nigeria to become a better place, we all must pay the price. Kudos to BRF ones again as an individual and as a learned colleague in the legal profession.
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by gen2briz(m): 8:04am On May 30, 2013
Fashola is busy commissioning project why our shoeless president is busy flagging up projects
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by Nobody: 8:04am On May 30, 2013
The Bridge is beautiful and we should thank Fashola for putting on a thinking cap and making use of the "Federal Allocation" and "IGR" to build this bridge, but I totally disapprove the high cost of toll at that Bridge, the aim is defeated by such imposition because, it means, that only the rich like myself can afford to ply that bridge, while the poor people like Eko Ile can only trek across it. I also thank the Federal Government, for allowing Lagos State to build this bridge across her waters without litigation. Fashola should also channel his efforts to Ajegunle, Makoko and the rest of the slumps of Lagos, and alter the dirt constellating those axis of the poor and needy, so that the poor people can feel the presence of the Government.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by Nobody: 8:05am On May 30, 2013
Neat development
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by Nobody: 8:05am On May 30, 2013
james1: and before warped minded people come open their mouths;am not saying the project is not commendable but if he is the governor of lagos and not the governor of only those who can "afford it";why restrict some supposedly lesser citizens in fashola and his handy men sight from using a bridge in their own country?
the commoners in this country ride in buses and not exotic autos.

That's why I laugh at the îmbècilès that are spewing rubbish such as "Fashola for President 2015". Where would he get the votes from? Is it the 1% wealthy elite or 19% smug middle class that would stand in the sun and rain to vote on election day? Or is it the overwhelming 80% majority of poor people who this animal called Fashola has made life unbearable for in Lagos? Do these fools think Lagos, let alone Nigeria, begins and ends with the residents of Ikoyi, Victoria Island, and Lekki? I am certain that Fashola would woefully lose a senatorial election in Lagos state, assuming that is what he wants to consider next after his punitive governorship ends in 2015. Go to the densely populated suburbs all over Lagos - from Mushin to Okokomaiko to Oshodi and Ijora Badia, etc and ask the millions of poor residents in these areas what they think about Fashola. Also ask the everyday working class people who have to trek long distances to and from work daily simply because they committed the crime of not being able to afford to own cars, and have had their means of transport (Okada and Keke) banned without alternatives.

The man has no grassroots appeal whatsoever, let him and his hare-brained internet supporters continue deluding themselves.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by dubbiskelly(m): 8:06am On May 30, 2013
b0dnel: Kudos Fashola

To cross that bridge na #500 toll person go pay
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by dubbiskelly(m): 8:09am On May 30, 2013
Barr Seun:
The man has done an excellent job in Lagos State. Whichever way we look at it, tax payers money is being utilized. There are other places where there has nothing to show for all allocations and taxes being collected. It is here in Nigeria that the concept of tax paying has become a nightmare and burdensome. In the advanced world and society, they all enjoy to good roads, electricity supply, reasonable cost in terms of feeding, clothing, social well-being to mention a few. All these things don't come easily. Their citizens have had course to pay the price by consistent payment of their taxes and commitment to national development.

Nigeria, let's learn not to evade tax. For Nigeria to become a better place, we all must pay the price. Kudos to BRF ones again as an individual and as a learned colleague in the legal profession.
E be like say u dey ignorant of the happenings. To cross that bridge no be free ooo. it costs #500 to cross it.
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by Nobody: 8:17am On May 30, 2013
Billyonaire: it means, that only the rich like myself can afford to ply that bridge, while the poor people like Eko Ile can only trek across it.
ha-ha! I was expecting you to say something silly but once again, you didn't disappoint. smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

ECOWAS Court Orders FG To Pay N15m For ‘Unlawfully’ Arresting Dasuki / Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery / Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.