Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS (28506 Views)

The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics / Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge / Lekki - Ikoyi Link Bridge Construction Update - July 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by naptu2: 5:48pm On May 31, 2013
I went past the bridge yesterday to see if they've removed the marquee. It was gone, but there was a crane on the bridge. The crane is still there now.

The marquee was set up for guests who came for the commissioning (two former governors, Oba of Lagos, Yayale Ahmed [former Secretary to the Government of the Federation], delegation from Nigerian Society of Engineers, Chief Molade Okoya-Thomas, representatives of Victoria Island/Ikoyi Residents Association [VIIRA], Lekki Residents Association and of course the Julius Berger and Lagos State teams). They gave speeches and there was a performance by the Lagos State Cultural Troupe. I was expecting to see a musician (remember Governor Rasaki & Shina Peters on 3rd Mainland Bridge in 1991?) but there was none.

The Governor said that they are going to monitor traffic flow on the bridge (he expects that there will be a few tourists in the first few days) to get the data of how it is being used. The bridge will be opened to the public tomorrow.
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by naptu2: 7:11am On Jun 01, 2013
johnie:

I just saw this now.

Na so the party sweet reach?

grin

By the way, I think it's time we revive your thread "What's Happening on the Badagry Axis". The first phase of the Blue Line (Orile - Mile 2) is scheduled to be completed this month. I passed there about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I saw metres and metres of track. Workmen were laying the tracks. I saw the dummy train that's being used to test the tracks. It looks like they might actually meet their target, but they've still got some work to do at the Mile 2 station. Maybe we can get Berem to feed us info (she lives in that area).
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by johnie: 10:15pm On Jun 01, 2013
naptu2:

By the way, I think it's time we revive your thread "What's Happening on the Badagry Axis". The first phase of the Blue Line (Orile - Mile 2) is scheduled to be completed this month. I passed there about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I saw metres and metres of track. Workmen were laying the tracks. I saw the dummy train that's being used to test the tracks. It looks like they might actually meet their target, but they've still got some work to do at the Mile 2 station. Maybe we can get Berem to feed us info (she lives in that area).

https://www.nairaland.com/869785/whats-happening-lagos-badagry-axis#16015086
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by Horus(m): 10:17pm On Jun 01, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOi1Ffbq4j0
Gov. Fashola commissions Lekki-Ikoyi bridge
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by EkoIle1: 10:22pm On Jun 01, 2013
Horus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOi1Ffbq4j0
Gov. Fashola commissions Lekki-Ikoyi bridge

Eko o ni baje o...
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by naptu2: 7:07am On Jun 02, 2013
I was reading through an article on the website of one of the companies that supplied chemicals for the construction of the bridge and they said that more cable stayed bridges are planned for Lagos and they hope that the Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge is the first of many collaborations between themselves, Julius Berger and the Lagos State Government. I wondered which bridge they were referring to.

Yesterday I was reading about the Osa Lagoon Bridge and I discovered that it will also be a cable-stayed bridge. Does anybody have images of the Osa Lagoon Bridge?
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by naptu2: 7:08am On Jun 02, 2013
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by TheOne2(m): 8:06am On Jun 02, 2013
You guys are not answering the pertinent questions concerning this bridge. The issue is not whether to toll or not because there'll always be arguments for both sides.
However, who is the "Lagos Tolling Company"? What have they done or will be doing to justify collecting 28% of the toll takings into their pockets? Did the spend money on building this bridge? Is this not a ploy for politicians to corruptly enrich themselves on a project that was built with tax payers' money?

The ACN always have a way of spoiling their potentially good initiatives with arrangements like this which is clearly a means of lining pockets illegally. This is the meat of the argument put forward by members of the state house of assembly when they complained last week. Their interests were not taken care of in the 28%. I guess the "lion of bourdillon" has cornered everything for himself.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by naptu2: 8:39am On Jun 02, 2013
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by naptu2: 8:29am On Jun 03, 2013
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by naptu2: 8:37am On Jun 03, 2013
[size=14pt]Motororists laud Lagos govt over Lekki-Ikoyi bridge[/size]

Written by  ⁠ ⁠ Monday, 03 June 2013 00:00

MANY of Lagos residents have lauded the Lagos State government over the new Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge, which was opened for use to motorists last week.

Many of those who spoke with newsmen welcomed the project and commended the Governor Babatunde Fashola-led administration for its construction.

Some of the motorists, who passed through the bridge, in separate interviews with newsmen, urged others to pay the requisite toll because, according to them, good infrastructure like the bridge could only be provided in quicker time through public private partnership investment.

Mr Agore Aboh, one of the motorists, said “if similar things can be happening in our country, we would be happy. That was why I decided to ply the road, pay the toll and encourage others to pay.”

Another respondent, Chief Adolo Okotie Eboh, described it as “an evidence of good governance and hoped that other states would emulate the state government.”

Mr Bambo Ibidapo-Obe said: “I love the new bridge. I think it is a new development. I have been waiting for them for a very long time to open it. I am glad it is opened; I made efforts to make sure I pass it today on the first day it opened and I am very impressed. It is a very beautiful road. I look forward to Lagos State doing a lot more of this for us.”

Another motorist who plied the bridge after it was opened, Mr Valentine Aboh, said the project was people-oriented, adding that its benefit was for the users of the roads, not the government.

“We the masses appreciate it and no matter how much they ask us to pay, we will pay the toll. Let the good things be replicated around the whole state, so that people will have easy movement to go around unhindered for their businesses,” he said.

Mr Dare Ajayi said “this is good infrastructure. The quality of the road speaks for itself, well built and the aesthetic value as well is very visible. Once again, I congratulate Lagosians and congratulate the governor for such an initiative.”

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/en/news/item/13458-motororists-laud-lagos-govt-over-lekki-ikoyi-bridge.html
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by hercules07: 10:46am On Jun 03, 2013
I think Lagos State should embark on more of these projects, infrastructure can be done in a PPP while stuff like Education and Basic Health can have far more money pumped into them.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by johnie: 10:17am On Jun 04, 2013
The perennial traffic from Lekki Phase 1 first gate through the Admiralty Plaza to Falomo seems to have disappeared this morning. Or was I just imagining it?

Is that the effect of the Lekki-Ikoyi bridge?

Let's observe for a few days.
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by naptu2: 11:14am On Jun 04, 2013
jyde all ⁠ @jydeall

@Gidi_Traffic To be sincere wt u, I appreciate this new cable link bridge. Took me just an hour from Lekki to magodo --on a Monday evening!

GIDITRAFFIC retweeted

⁠Nom Habu ⁠ @nomhabu

The Lekki - Ikoyi bridge is free as the N250 toll fee comes with ice cream. Remember to ask for yours

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1138477_BL2fs6eCMAI9gh__jpg166ceb24432eb38dd71cb068b097c7ee[/img]

Lagos Info &Strategy ⁠ @LagosTownHall

Tolling has commenced on the Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge
[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1138478_BL2g-NKCYAAf8F5_jpg2d15d1ddc7336b648c7a18102c7d918a[/img]

GIDITRAFFIC retweeted

⁠Angela oputa ⁠ @AngelaOputa

Toll gate to law sch , hope it's dis way frm now on! Thanks to lekki ikoyi toll bridge @Gidi_Traffic , this is a smooth ride

GIDITRAFFIC ⁠ @Gidi_Traffic

#REPORT @naijalyricswiki: Suddenly living in PARKVIEW is not that cool anymore. Traffic is madt. cc @Gidi_Traffic

GIDITRAFFIC ⁠ @Gidi_Traffic

#REPORT [6:03 PM] @thetoolsman: There's already traffic on the LEKKI-IKOYI BRIDGE.. God help us in Lagos…

@MobolaOjo: HEAVY traffic outward BANANA Island. IKOYI. 5.55pm @Gidi_Traffic

Kay O'Tade ⁠ @RealSoundsmith

@Gidi_Traffic Maybe they should restrict the use of the New LEKKI-IKOYI bridge to cars made after 2010 to reduce this BOURDILLION traffic.

☀Kufre £legant™☀ ⁠ @ElegantKufre

Life rily made easy, driving frm Bourdillon rd Ikoyi dwn to Lekki now is a dream comes true #SayGoodbyeToOzumbaMbadiweTraffic @Gidi_Traffic

#REPORT “@ekesunvictor: @Gidi_Traffic this new bridge is really easing up traffic at Falomo but building it up at Park View”
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by johnie: 12:46pm On Jun 04, 2013
^^^

So, it was the Phase 1 and Parkview people that were causing all the traffic between Falomo and Admiralty Plaza?
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by naptu2: 1:52pm On Jun 04, 2013
johnie: ^^^

So, it was the Phase 1 and Parkview people that were causing all the traffic between Falomo and Admiralty Plaza?

Well, like I kept telling people, the goal is to reduce the volume of traffic on each route (we now have 3 routes). In the first week I expect a lot of people to use the bridge (even people who live in Ajah) because it's still new and people want to enjoy the experience (hence the traffic at Park View, Banana Island, Bourdillon and on the bridge itself). I think, in the coming weeks, some people will revert back to Ozumba Mbadiwe, while some will continue to use the bridge. I think everything will balance out eventually.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by naptu2: 1:54pm On Jun 04, 2013
Remember also that the Five Cowrie Bridge ramp has greatly improved traffic flow for people heading towards Victoria Island.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 04, 2013
We now can see the testimonies of actual stakeholders....not some people that have nothing doing around the axis..but here on NL are making noise about tolling..

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by johnie: 4:56pm On Jun 04, 2013
ilugunboy: We now can see the testimonies of actual stakeholders....not some people that have nothing doing around the axis..but here on NL are making noise about tolling..

I have something doing on that axis and I can categorically tell you three things I am angry about with the tolling of the Lekki-Epe Expressway:

1. The many odd roundabouts are serious bottlenecks causing traffic on the axis and increasing the risk of accidents;
2. Several months after we started paying the toll, the lights on the road are not always functional.
3. I doubt the long-term efficacy of the 'alternatives' to the plazas. The one at the Conservation Plaza is going to be a sight to behold when they start tolling there.

I however commend the quick and professional help offered by LCC to owners of broken down vehicles. If LASTMA was given that job, people would have had to pay heavily for break-downs!
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by naptu2: 5:12pm On Jun 04, 2013
I agree with you about the increase in the number of roundabouts and I've also experienced the increased risk of traffic accidents (especially when cars are trying to cut across you). I predict that flyovers will be built over the roundabouts in future.

(Though, to be fair, the new roundabouts enable some people to make a quick u-turn instead of driving several kilometres to the next roundabout, eg people driving out of the 2nd Lekki Phase 1 gate and heading to Ajah).
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by Horus(m): 8:58pm On Jun 12, 2013

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by james1(m): 7:23pm On Jun 22, 2013
nice one horus@ picture.
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by naptu2: 6:05am On Jun 28, 2013
There was a traffic jam on Admiralty Road yesterday evening which was caused by traffic on the bridge. That's the first time I've seen that kind of traffic jam there. Although it was moving, albeit slowly, it backed up all the way to the main gate. There was also a traffic jam on the bridge (inwards Ikoyi) all the way to the toll gate.

I had read on @Gidi_traffic that there was a traffic jam on Ozumba Mbadiwe Road and someone was advising people to use the bridge as an alternative.

The inner roads in Phase 1 were however free and residents and people who know the estate very well would have been able to use them instead of Admiralty Road.
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by naptu2: 7:29am On Aug 04, 2013
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by LaudateII: 2:01am On Aug 17, 2013
Eko Ile:

This bridge is not the only access to get you back and forth, there are others and they are all free of charge curtsey of the people of the great state of state..

Courtesy of which people? To get you back & forth from where? I hope you are not referring to Ikoyi -Lekki as there is only 1 over-expensive bridge in that area that links Ikoyi to that district.

Oga, there are no other bridges between Ikoyi and Lekki.

The other 2 bridges that link Ikoyi to other parts of the island, are the Five Cowrie Creek bridge near the old Army Barracks at Onikan which links Victoria Island to the end of Aowolowo Road in Ikoyi, and the old Falomo bridge. These were built several years ago, under the old military regimes.
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by plaindealer: 2:04am On Aug 17, 2013
Laudate II:

Courtesy of which people? To get you back & forth from where? I hope you are not referring to Ikoyi -Lekki as there is only 1 over-expensive bridge in that area that links Ikoyi to that district.

Oga, there are no other bridges between Ikoyi and Lekki.

The other 2 bridges that link Ikoyi to other parts of the island, and the Five Cowrie Creek bridge near the old Army Barracks at Onikan which links Victoria Island to the end of Aowolowo Road in Ikoyi, and the old Falomo bridge. These were built several years ago, under the old military regimes.

You mean there are no alternate routes? Is you serious..? grin
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by LaudateII: 2:10am On Aug 17, 2013
plaindealer:

You mean there are no alternate routes? Is you serious..? grin

Go back to Eko Ile's post. he claimed there were other "bridges" to get you back & forth (from Ikoyi to lekki).

If you feel my response was incorrect, please feel free to submit your own set of facts...
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by plaindealer: 2:49am On Aug 17, 2013
Laudate II:

Go back to Eko Ile's post. he claimed there were other "bridges" to get you back & forth (from Ikoyi to lekki).

If you feel my response was incorrect, please feel free to submit your own set of facts...

Eko Ile:

This bridge is not the only access to get you back and forth, there are others and they are all free of charge curtsey of the people of the great state of state..

He said the bridge is not the only access, he didn't say anything about other bridges. Slow down and work on your reading and comprehension skills.

You are lucky Eko Ile is not here, he for don tear you to pieces..

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by LaudateII: 2:54am On Aug 17, 2013
plaindealer:

He said the bridge is not the only access, he didn't say anything about other bridges. Slow down and work on your reading and comprehension skills.

You are lucky Eko Ile is not here, he for don tear you to pieces..

Hello, read his post again, in fact read the entire thread again. The focus was on the Ikoyi to Lekki bridge. Even Eko Ile did not categorically state that he was making reference to other parts of Lagos...or was he?

I will ignore the crack about 'reading & comprehension' skills, as only small minds make such comments.. undecided
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by plaindealer: 3:07am On Aug 17, 2013
Laudate II:

Hello, read his post again, in fact read the entire thread again. The focus was on the Ikoyi to Lekki bridge. Even Eko Ile did not categorically state that he was making reference to other parts of Lagos...or was he?

I will ignore the crack about 'reading & comprehension' skills, as only small minds make such comments.. undecided

I posted and highlighted his post already. Show me where he said there are other bridges.. grin

Again, your reading and comprehension skills sucks...work on it. grin
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by LaudateII: 3:15am On Aug 17, 2013
plaindealer:

I posted and highlighted his post already. Show me where he said there are other bridges.. grin

Again, your reading and comprehension skills sucks...work on it. grin

Wow, read my last response with an open mind...if you can. The crack about the 'reading and comprehension skills', has just revealed the contents of your mind. Grow up! undecided
Re: Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS by plaindealer: 3:43am On Aug 17, 2013
Laudate II:

Wow, read my last response with an open mind...if you can. The crack about the 'reading and comprehension skills', has just revealed the contents of your mind. Grow up! undecided

Show me where he said there are other bridges.. grin

You know you can not because you fcukked up so stop BSing around.. grin

Still, your reading and comprehension skills sucks.. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FG Should Arrest Ifeanyi Ejiofor, Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer - LAWCONS / Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos / "Ohakim Gave Me $2.29m Cash To Buy Abuja Mansion" - Witness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.