Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People (14422 Views)

PDP Queries Buhari ‘indifference’ To Burning National Issues / I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan / Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 01, 2013
Yes, its good he talks, but when he talks, you fucktaards will be the ones to condemn him.. Human's can never be satisfied.. No matter what you do, whatever action you take, people will always critize you.. A man of few words is a wise man.. I hope you all see this, and stop critisizing him.. The other's who spoke before, what did it do Nothing. He talking won't change anything, rather it would give the public an avenue to misquote him..
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by jimcaddy(m): 3:31pm On Jun 01, 2013
So many people come to Nairaland to talk trash.. First of all, what does Nigerian politics have to do with religion?
Name anybody who hasn't criticized the ills of our society just for one form of selfish interest.
Pastor Adeboye prays for the country.. It is because of the prayers by him and many other true men of God that Nigeria is still standing strong today..
Do you know how many times he asks us to pray for Nigeria each time we go for Holy Ghost Nights?
People should be objective when talking, not putting personal sentiments, or having a biased mind when talking.
Whether anyone likes it or not, Pastor Adeboye is unarguably one of the most revered and respected men of God in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Dolemite(f): 3:34pm On Jun 01, 2013
It's amazing how many Nigerians respect this thief... don't blame him though, gullible people should be punished grin take their money pastor IN THE NAME OF JEEEEEEEEEEEZUZ
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by esperiense(m): 3:37pm On Jun 01, 2013
darealez:
If he did make any comment we'll be the first to critize him. Won't it be better if he kept silent and prayed in secrecy for the improvement of the nation??

I'm not realy sure if the noisy ones has really made any positive impact since inception :-(
You are right. The bible said in Proverbs that "In multiple of words there wanteth no sin buh he that refraineth his lips is wise" even there is a common saying that silence is golden. We have over intelligent ppl in Nigeria tht will analyse whatever you say whether right or wrong in the way it pleases them. Such ppl are they dt are condemning this act of silence already. God bless you Daddy Adeboye. U r a blessing to our generation
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 01, 2013
jimcaddy: So many people come to Nairaland to talk trash.. First of all, what does Nigerian politics have to do with religion?
Name anybody who hasn't criticized the ills of our society just for one form of selfish interest.
Pastor Adeboye prays for the country.. It is because of the prayers by him and many other true men of God that Nigeria is still standing strong today..
Do you know how many times he asks us to pray for Nigeria each time we go for Holy Ghost Nights?
People should be objective when talking, not putting personal sentiments, or having a biased mind when talking.
Whether anyone likes it or not, Pastor Adeboye is unarguably one of the most revered and respected men of God in Nigeria.

So where the pharisees and Sadducees.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 01, 2013
Dolemite: It's amazing how many Nigerians respect this thief... don't blame him though, gullible people should be punished grin
Broke ass MO***FO***, he has a private jet and your father doesn't, your whole genration combined cant even buy a camry.. May you continue to give amadioha b*l*o*w Job.. Idiot.. Since you're not gullible, what have you achieved in the f**king world, what that man achieved, 16 of your generations havent achieved it..
I rest my case..

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by esperiense(m): 3:41pm On Jun 01, 2013
Dolemite: It's amazing how many Nigerians respect this thief... don't blame him though, gullible people should be punished grin
I pray for you that your days be long. Ask Elisha about the kids that abused him
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 01, 2013
Misunderstood_G: Broke ass MO***FO***, he has a private jet and your father doesn't, your whole genration combined cant even buy a camry.. May you continue to give amadioha b*l*o*w Job.. Idiot.. Since you're not gullible, what have you achieved in the f**king world, what that man achieved, 16 of your generations havent achieved it..
I rest my case..

Private jets are now a symbol of divine blessings?

3 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Garrithe1st: 3:52pm On Jun 01, 2013
Yet you allow the Personification of Corruption (GEJ) to mount ur pulpit and address your congregation, in effect converting your church to a campaign ground.

Shame on You!!

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/2015-jonathan-at-redemption-camp-seeks-prayers/133723/

www.vanguardngr.com/2010/12/2011-jonathan-at-redemption-camp-seeks-prayers/

www.channelstv.com/home/2012/12/15/jonathan-attends-rccg-2012-holy-ghost-congress/
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by cyril83(m): 3:54pm On Jun 01, 2013
jimcaddy: So many people come to Nairaland to talk trash.. First of all, what does Nigerian politics have to do with religion?
Your damn prayers has been causing us a lot of troubles pls kindly stop praying for Nigeria coz nigeria can't just continue as one nation forever.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Garrithe1st: 3:55pm On Jun 01, 2013
It's interesting to see the uncouth language of some Adeboye's supporters. Religion truly is "the people's opium".......

cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by lastpage: 3:57pm On Jun 01, 2013
M.O.G Adeboye!:
In an interview with Haaretz newspaper during a visit to Jerusalem, Adeboye said he had shied away from speaking out on national issues in order to avoid influencing people in the wrong way.

He also said he was aware of the enormous responsibility on his shoulders as the leader of a global church with millions of members.

“At times it’s frightening. In Africa you have a saying, the man who is carrying a basket of eggs must walk gently … whatever mistakes you make, you affect destinies,” he said.

I.Joan:
Martin Luther King once said,
" The wickedness in our society is not because of the wickedness of the wicked people but the silence of the good ones."

***To ignore evil is to become an accomplice to it.

***To accept passively an unjust system is to cooperate with that system; thereby the oppressed become as evil as the oppressor.

***He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.

[b]Like the Bible said "Test all SPIRITS..."....." Seek the TRUTH and it will set you FREE".

If it was "ordinary Mama Sikira or any Joe Bloggs, that said what 'Man-Of-Gawd', Pastor Adeboye, said above, well, we can EXCUSE HER/HIM, but to come from a supposedly M.O.G! shocked shocked

"Mistake" my bottom!
How can the HOLY SPIRIT make MISTAKE?

*Did Prophet Elijah made mistake or SACRIFICE TRUTH, using 'mistake avoidance' as excuse?
*Did prophet Elisha make mistake?
*Did John The Baptist make mistake?
*Did Joshua make mistakes

*Was prophet Nathan "playing Politics" when he told "King David" THE TRUTH, CONCERNING WHAT HE DID WITH BEERSHEBA, another man's wife? Was he "afraid of making MISTAKES"?

*What about Prophets Zachariah, Ezra, Nehemiah, Jeremiah, or Daniel when he told "King Nebuchadnezzar" of what will befall him, .... as led by the HOLY SPIRIT?

*Did Jesus make mistake?

This are "REAL" men of God, SPIRIT-FILLED, .... who speak not of their OWN UNDERSTANDING but as they are LED BY God's HOLY SPIRIT!

But then, "Every GOOD TREE will produce GOOD FRUIT"... It is "minor statements like this that give them away, if you examine it closely"!

No one is asking him to "play Politics or even comment on PDP or APC or make any POLITICAL STATEMENT".

But God expects him (and the millions of mungus who dont question his authority) to
just SPEAK THE TRUTH!

"The TRUTH"
has no Political party ..... it knows no "National boundary or race" ...and that is what the SPIRIT OF GOD WILL LEAD YOU TO SPEAK, ..that is "IF" you have the spirit of God in you, ap priori!

BTW: I wonder what was (will be) going on in his mind when he commands his "flocks to ALWAYS SPEAK THE TRUTH"?shocked shocked

Abeg, this is a very pathetic EXCUSE for DENYING THE HOLY SPIRIT or being a FAKE .
God's HOLY SPIRIT, if inside you, (for that reason, it was given to them on day of Pentecost) is NEVER AFRAID, WILL NEVER MAKE MISTAKE and is NEVER AFRAID OF SAYING THE TRUTH
[/b]

Mind you, l respect the man a lot, as "Business Mogul" in the mold of the likes of Bill Gates, Dangote, FaceBook's Zuckerberg, e.t.c

Lastpage!

11 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Adex097: 3:59pm On Jun 01, 2013
Ok.....you guys expect the man to chase every politician away from his camp ground abi.
Or the church is now meant for saints only.

Stchew!!!!! Mumu people.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Garrithe1st: 4:04pm On Jun 01, 2013
cyril83: Your damn prayers has been causing us a lot of troubles pls kindly stop praying for Nigeria coz nigeria can't just continue as one nation forever.

Religion in Nigeria has done more harm than good..

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Ribaman(m): 4:05pm On Jun 01, 2013
KnowAll: [size=16pt]The Mathematics came in handy at the end of the day, if a donation of $1000 dollars is levied on all parishes abroad, without mincing word, the funds raised from such mundane, casual, and normal exercise would be going to millions of dollars, without saying much Mathematics as a discipline and more importantly God has served Adeboye well.

I live in a small town in Kent, UK and we have 4 redeem churches in my Town[/size].

Hear, hear!
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by baby124: 4:06pm On Jun 01, 2013
Garri the 1st: It's interesting to see the uncouth language of some Adeboye's supporters. Religion truly is "the people's opium".......

cheesy cheesy
cheesy. Most of them go there for the "prosperity" and "blessings". This is why they are like ants to sugar. This ponzi scheme cannot last forever. To whom much is given, much is expected. He knows if he speaks the truth, the people attending the church will run away to other competing establishments and his population will come down to deeper life's population. He is only preaching what he thinks they want to hear to maintain what he has.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Ribaman(m): 4:09pm On Jun 01, 2013
Misunderstood_G: Yes, its good he talks, but when he talks, you fucktaards will be the ones to condemn him.. Human's can never be satisfied.. No matter what you do, whatever action you take, people will always critize you.. A man of few words is a wise man.. I hope you all see this, and stop critisizing him.. The other's who spoke before, what did it do Nothing. He talking won't change anything, rather it would give the public an avenue to misquote him..

Wow,Na where you study your own logic?
We stopped using equating silence and wisdom, aeons ago!
You must be one those who still think the Bible was an email attachment from God!

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 01, 2013
Nice!

he will keep quiet when they legalize gay marriage.

he will keep quiet when naija becomes worse than somalia.

he will keep quiet when hard drugs are legalized.

he SHOULD keep quiet when boko haram blows an rccg parish.

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Adabar: 4:22pm On Jun 01, 2013
'To him that knoweth how to do good and doeth it not; to him, it is a sin'
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by SLIDEwaxie(m): 4:22pm On Jun 01, 2013
I.Joan:

Get views of your own!
see hypocricy at it's peak! Now u are asking him to get his own view! It's funny dt advice is coming from someone who jes quoted from other people's view of silence and supported it!
U posted these quotes as ur comment:
I.Joan:
" The wickedness in our society is not because of the wickedness of the wicked people but the silence of the good ones."

***To accept passively an unjust system is to cooperate with that system; thereby the oppressed become as evil as the oppressor.

***He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.
Clearly, these are another person's view u jes agreed to, and their opinions are subjective, and doesn't mean they are true. But yet you agreed with it and ask another to go get his!

I knw ur type, u use other people's quote as guidlines to living urs. Forgetting those views are another's personal subjective opinions that can have a contrary effect on another.
Nonsense!!
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 01, 2013
Larryfly: Una kno how much govt dey pay the man? do u know what he gained from obj's tenure alone? why should he speak against them and if he speaks for them, he ll lose some members of his church....so the best thing is to keep quiet.....he is indeed a mathematician but he should go and read Soyinka's 'The Man Dies'
D man died becos in d face of tyranny he did nothing. Literary speaking silence mean agreement
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Dolemite(f): 4:35pm On Jun 01, 2013
Misunderstood_G: Broke ass MO***FO***, he has a private jet and your father doesn't, your whole genration combined cant even buy a camry.. May you continue to give amadioha b*l*o*w Job.. Idiot.. Since you're not gullible, what have you achieved in the f**king world, what that man achieved, 16 of your generations havent achieved it..
I rest my case..
Haha, so materialistic and uncouth...let me teach you something your pastor never did, the worth of a man is not judged by the wealth he has aquired (if that were the case drug dealers would be role models) if your pastor didn't focus on money and wealth and thought you the fundamentals of morals maybe you wouldn't sound so disgusting...you just proved my point bad trees produce bad fruits grin

esperiense:
I pray for you that your days be long. Ask Elisha about the kids that abused him
Am I supposed to be afraid? your imaginary child murdering god doesn't scare me!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Ayatullah(m): 4:38pm On Jun 01, 2013
I.Joan:

“I’ve always said turning a mathematician into a pastor takes Only God."

THE PUNCH

What is that supposed to mean Pastor Adeboye? You have only used your God given brain to do injustice to God as a mathematician by believing that 1+1+1=1 i.e. (God + Jesus + Holy spirit{who are individual entity})=1. You have only succeeded in making thousands of money making pastors, that is you have only built a mighty business empire in the name of Jesus. I invite you to pick a copy of the Glorious Quran in English and sanitize your soul before you meet your creator. Come to Islam come to sanity and genuine prosperity.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by thrugemaster(m): 4:44pm On Jun 01, 2013
even Our Jesus Christ was Not accepted by His people........... In Btw: there is a lot of religious bias in NairaLand in favour of the salam a leku genre
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by naUgotire: 4:50pm On Jun 01, 2013
I.Joan:
General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has explained that he is careful in making public comments to avoid mistakes.

In an interview with Haaretz newspaper during a visit to Jerusalem, Adeboye said he had shied away from speaking out on national issues in order to avoid influencing people in the wrong way.

He also said he was aware of the enormous responsibility on his shoulders as the leader of a global church with millions of members.

“At times it’s frightening. In Africa you have a saying, the man who is carrying a basket of eggs must walk gently … whatever mistakes you make, you affect destinies,” he said.

Adeboye stated that his transformation from a Mathematics lecturer at the University of Lagos to a pastor was a divine call, noting that he has a mandate to preach peace everywhere he goes.

“I’ve always said turning a mathematician into a pastor takes only God. In my work with God, I’ve learned that he has a sense of humour,” he stated.

The pastor, who has led the RCCG for three decades, arrived for a meeting at the Dan Jerusalem Hotel, surrounded by an entourage of eight loyal aides, who treated him with the awe normally reserved for heads of state, the paper said.

Speaking on the growing global influence of African preachers, he said the seeds sowed by missionaries who brought Christianity to Africa were producing fruit.

“When you reap, after a certain period you begin to sow. Today, in many parts of the Western world, people have gone rather cold toward the church. Fortunately, the seed sowed in Africa has germinated and the harvest is now coming back to them. So, they are merely reaping what they sowed.

THE PUNCH

Redeemed people papa, you are wrong this time. God gave you your position as a way of making positive impact on the lives of people. Could you imagine what would have happened had Jesus refused to criticize the Pharisees and Sadducees because he would not like to influence people the wrong way? These people in power often come to you for prayers and you do pray for them. What stops you then, from telling them to their faces that they are nto doing well? Don't allow the immense influence you have on our leaders go wasted. The prophets of the biblical times that you do use as examples in your preaching, did what you are shying away from doing. The poor masses don't have the opportunity of confronting their leaders, but you do. Do that on their behalf. Don't wine and dine with every leader while pretending that all is well. It is not. Working in the Lord's vineyard is not for the coward!

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by farem: 5:00pm On Jun 01, 2013
cyril83: Religion *christianity or islam* is nothing but a big fraud.

I really thank Jah i don't belong to any of these open cults.
[color=#990000
BUT TO YOUR "Jah's" SECRET OR HIDDEN CULT.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by braveheart2012(m): 5:13pm On Jun 01, 2013
The hypocrisy of the Adeboye worshipers in this thread is shameful. They have conveniently forgotten the old testament prophets who spoke truth to power and condemned kings for evildoing. They even forgot that John the Baptist lost his head for speaking his truth to the king. How can they ignore the fact that Adeboye regularly welcomes the worst of these politicians for nationally-publicized prayers at his altar and defend him when he publicly lies that he doesn't want to influence things? Haba! So Adeboye isn't influencing political opinion when the Jonathan was shown in the media kneeling down before him for prayers? When will Nigerian Christians free themselves from these private-jet owning, mansion-living accomplices to their own suffering?

Nigeria's money-worshiping, false men of God have deluded themselves into thinking they can silently condone governments and political parties that are globally-renowned for corruption and kleptomania. To keep the rivers of cash from the con-men, drug pushers, and thieves flowing freely into their tithes boxes, they reduce or totally get rid of any preaching against financial misappropriation. To get their own share of the national cake, they refuse to speak out against the governments that have stolen and mortgaged the country's future for personal gain. Instead of condemning the thieving politicians who have bankrupted our healthcare systems, transportation infrastructure, security systems, and educational institutions, they are extorting tithes and offerings from the suffering masses in exchange for solving the problems that are largely caused by the broken-down government they refuse to speak against. It's the cruelest hoax I have ever seen!

The result of all this foolishness and hypocrisy is that Nigerians are fasting and praying against hunger and starvation, incessant avoidable road-accidents, armed robbery and kidnapping, ailments from common malaria to cancer and AIDS while their counterparts in better-run countries are enjoying higher standards of living without fasting for one single day. They are incessantly banging the gates of heaven for things they should have without asking. Imagine fasting and praying for your child's school fees in Nigeria when good elementary school education is free of charge in most developed countries! Imagine casting out demons for a disease that is largely manageable with good healthcare!! In Nigeria, Christians are anointing their houses and holding night vigils so that armed robbers don't pay them a visit in the middle of the night while in the U.S., I forgot to lock my house (in fact, my front door wasn't even closed) before taking off for vacation last month and not a single pin was missing when I got back a week later (despite the fact that anybody could tell that nobody was home because of the untouched newspaper deliveries)!!! Wake-up my people!

May the Lord open the eyes of his gullible sheep to the atrocities being committed by these so-called "men of God". May He come quickly to expose these dupes and wolves in sheep's clothing.

6 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by dayokanu(m): 5:13pm On Jun 01, 2013
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Originalsly: 5:30pm On Jun 01, 2013
If he is truly a MOG then he should be speaking out against the treatment of the masses who are kept in modern day slavery. He should be speaking the truth and let the chips fall as they may.Why should he concern himself about who would think what? The truth is the truth and he cannot speak out for one and only one reason...it will hurt him financially. What is he doing with his power and influence to effect positive changes in society? Martin Luther King jr...Malcolm X...Muhammad Ali...Nelson Mandela ...Al Sharpton...Farrakhan...men with conviction...say what they have to say...whether you like it or not.Let me shut up....sorry if I hmmm...blaspheme against your god on earth.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by kumbalo(m): 5:31pm On Jun 01, 2013
I.Joan:

Gbam! MOD, Close thread
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by epmmiks: 5:37pm On Jun 01, 2013
Go and sit down

Larryfly: Una kno how much govt dey pay the man? do u know what he gained from obj's tenure alone? why should he speak against them and if he speaks for them, he ll lose some members of his church....so the best thing is to keep quiet.....he is indeed a mathematician but he should go and read Soyinka's 'The Man Dies'
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 01, 2013
davidylan:

Private jets are now a symbol of divine blessings?
No brother.. I'm just trying to prove a point..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ex-niger Delta Militants Threaten To Disrupt 2019 Election / APC Wants Buhari To Sack Heads-Of-Parastatals / Ambode Raises Police Death Insurance To N10m, Donates 45 Power Bikes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.