Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People (14401 Views)

PDP Queries Buhari ‘indifference’ To Burning National Issues / I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan / Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 01, 2013
Dolemite:
Haha, so materialistic and uncouth...let me teach you something your pastor never did, the worth of a man is not judged by the wealth he has aquired (if that were the case drug dealers would be role models) if your pastor didn't focus on money and wealth and thought you the fundamentals of morals maybe you wouldn't sound so disgusting...you just proved my point bad trees produce bad fruits grin
See where your sense reach.. I never said he's my pastor.. You haven't answered my question.. Can 16 of your generations buy a camry?? And you know what morals is becauseeeeee??
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by BBDelta(m): 5:50pm On Jun 01, 2013
I.Joan:
General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has explained that he is careful in making public comments to avoid mistakes.

In an interview with Haaretz newspaper during a visit to Jerusalem, Adeboye said he had shied away from speaking out on national issues in order to avoid influencing people in the wrong way.

He also said he was aware of the enormous responsibility on his shoulders as the leader of a global church with millions of members.

“At times it’s frightening. In Africa you have a saying, the man who is carrying a basket of eggs must walk gently … whatever mistakes you make, you affect destinies,” he said.

Adeboye stated that his transformation from a Mathematics lecturer at the University of Lagos to a pastor was a divine call, noting that he has a mandate to preach peace everywhere he goes.

“I’ve always said turning a mathematician into a pastor takes only God. In my work with God, I’ve learned that he has a sense of humour,” he stated.

The pastor, who has led the RCCG for three decades, arrived for a meeting at the Dan Jerusalem Hotel, surrounded by an entourage of eight loyal aides, who treated him with the awe normally reserved for heads of state, the paper said.

Speaking on the growing global influence of African preachers, he said the seeds sowed by missionaries who brought Christianity to Africa were producing fruit.

“When you reap, after a certain period you begin to sow. Today, in many parts of the Western world, people have gone rather cold toward the church. Fortunately, the seed sowed in Africa has germinated and the harvest is now coming back to them. So, they are merely reaping what they sowed.

THE PUNCH

Ok, Let's even leave the Martin Luther King statement....

What of people kneeling down and him laying his hands on them....don't that influences people?
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Samdul: 5:50pm On Jun 01, 2013
sm1 who claim God told him dis,God told him dat cant tell his congregation what is right or wrong.we knw gej is ur boy,because wen he was vying 4 dat seat he was in ur church to recieve blessing
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Parisbee5(m): 5:53pm On Jun 01, 2013
It is ungodly to watch evil thriving like we have in nigeria today. It is not enough to pray, you need to act as the saying goes SILENCE means CONSENT. Our men of GoO REALLY NEED to start speaking out against evil to lend credence to their prayers. Billy Grahamm speaks against bad governance in America, so also Bishop Desmond Tutu recently made a public delaration against the present South African president Jacob Zuma, Tutu declared and I quote ""I will hencefoth not cast my vote for the ruling ANC party because of her antipeople policies". This is not asking too much but simply setting records straight.

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 01, 2013
jimcaddy: So many people come to Nairaland to talk trash.. First of all, what does Nigerian politics have to do with religion?
Name anybody who hasn't criticized the ills of our society just for one form of selfish interest.
Pastor Adeboye prays for the country.. It is because of the prayers by him and many other true men of God that Nigeria is still standing strong today..
Do you know how many times he asks us to pray for Nigeria each time we go for Holy Ghost Nights?
People should be objective when talking, not putting personal sentiments, or having a biased mind when talking.
Whether anyone likes it or not, Pastor Adeboye is unarguably one of the most revered and respected men of God in Nigeria.

Obviously these "prayers" have had no effect.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 01, 2013
davidylan:

No!!! Things could have been worse.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Dolemite(f): 6:01pm On Jun 01, 2013
Misunderstood_G: See where your sense reach.. I never said he's my pastor.. You haven't answered my question.. Can 16 of your generations buy a camry?? And you know what morals is becauseeeeee??
And did I say he was your pastor? whoever your pastor is should be ashamed for producing YOU!! by their fruits you shall know them...and I amy not be miss morals, but thank GAWD I don't judge people by how many camry cars or private jets they have, there is more to life than material things, if churches thought that there would be less corruption in Nigeria...you're just a product of the average Nigerian church money money money HALLELUJAH!!!

6 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 01, 2013
I.Joan:

Yep... they could. But that fact cannot be attributed to the braying masses at the "holy ghost" conference. There are genuine christians in nigeria who pray for their country daily. thank God for them.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by dayokanu(m): 6:05pm On Jun 01, 2013
davidylan:

Pray for the country in one breath and in the next endorse thieves and corrupt leaders
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 01, 2013
dayokanu:

Pray for the country in one breath and in the next endorse thieves and corrupt leaders

When has he done that?
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 01, 2013
I.Joan:

When has he done that?

When did Elijah sit to break bread with Ahab?
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by UyiIredia(m): 6:12pm On Jun 01, 2013
Dolemite:
Um I supposed to be afraid? your imaginary child murdering god doesn't scare me!! grin

That's a punch below the belt.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by theripper3: 6:12pm On Jun 01, 2013
Pastor Adeboye dey fear him head, Nigerians are abrasive and angry at everything. Whatever he says might be misconstrued by the Progressives or their Antagonists.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by UyiIredia(m): 6:14pm On Jun 01, 2013
davidylan and dayokanu, why do I always confuse these two names ?
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Delafruita(m): 6:17pm On Jun 01, 2013
I.Joan:

When has he done that?

did he not lay hands on GEJ and pronounce him the "chosen one"?

does he not routinely invite GEJ to his congresses and say "he needs our prayers"?
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Delafruita(m): 6:18pm On Jun 01, 2013
I.Joan:

in essence,we hould be thankful for this rot in our system simply because the rot could have been worse?really?
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Delafruita(m): 6:20pm On Jun 01, 2013
jimcaddy: So many people come to Nairaland to talk trash.. First of all, what does Nigerian politics have to do with religion?
Name anybody who hasn't criticized the ills of our society just for one form of selfish interest.
Pastor Adeboye prays for the country.. It is because of the prayers by him and many other true men of God that Nigeria is still standing strong today..
Do you know how many times he asks us to pray for Nigeria each time we go for Holy Ghost Nights?
People should be objective when talking, not putting personal sentiments, or having a biased mind when talking.
Whether anyone likes it or not, Pastor Adeboye is unarguably one of the most revered and respected men of God in Nigeria.
you should be in an assylum for the bolded
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 01, 2013
A KENYAN PROVERB GOES THUS:

U DONT HIT A MAN ON THE HEAD WHEN YOUR HAND IS IN HIS MOUTH. wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 01, 2013
Delafruita:

does he not routinely invite GEJ to his congresses and say "he needs our prayers"?

I think you posted a photo of him shaking hands with Ibori. Shame it took the godless Brits to put the thief in jail where he belongs.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 01, 2013
Delafruita:

Adeboye never laid hands on GEJ... He prayed for him... and GEJ surely needs prayers
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Delafruita(m): 6:36pm On Jun 01, 2013
I.Joan:

Adeboye never laid hands on GEJ... He prayed for him... and GEJ surely needs prayers
he didnt lay hands on GEJ before the 2011 elections?GEJ knelt before your daddy GO and he placed his hands on him.the picture went viral so dont u come here and spew trash
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Delafruita(m): 6:38pm On Jun 01, 2013
davidylan:

I think you posted a photo of him shaking hands with Ibori. Shame it took the godless Brits to put the thief in jail where he belongs.
he regularly hobnobs with ibori,daniel,akala etc and he expects us to take him serious?so its now that he knows his comment influences people.when he was saying gbenga daniel will win a second term,he didnt think that will influence his followers to vote for him?when he was anointing GEJ,he didnt think that will influence his followers to vote for him abi
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 01, 2013
Delafruita:
he didnt lay hands on GEJ before the 2011 elections?GEJ knelt before your daddy GO and he placed his hands on him.the picture went viral so dont u come here and spew trash

Check that picture/video again...

Adeboye's hands never touched GEJ until after the prayer when he shook his hands!
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 01, 2013
Dolemite:
And did I say he was your pastor? whoever your pastor is should be ashamed for producing YOU!! by their fruits you shall know them...and I amy not be miss morals, but thank GAWD I don't judge people by how many camry cars or private jets they have, there is more to life than material things, if churches thought that there would be less corruption in Nigeria...you're just a product of the average Nigerian church money money money HALLELUJAH!!!
You don't judge people by their camry or Private Jets, but you judge a man of God, just because he refuses to speak on political issues?? Clap for self... welldone..
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Pataki: 6:54pm On Jun 01, 2013
I.Joan:

Adeboye's hands never touched GEJ until after the prayer when he shook his hands!

In the picture, it demonstrates a willing submission by GEJ to have Adeboye lay hands on him for prayers. Whether he laid hands on him or not, I don't care.

My grouse here is that, if Adeboye does not want to speak up against these thieves, he should stop inviting them to his camp ground.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by lasher1: 6:56pm On Jun 01, 2013
It has been said that 80% of things being prayed for in 3rd world nation churches could be solved with money! If only resources were made equally available to all by those in power, however this is sadly not the case.

I get the feeling that some Men of God prefare that people be kept continously in this state of helpleSsness by the govt. so that they would always run to the church for hope, hence refusal to speak out against bad selfish and impoverishing leaders affecting fellow Christians.

Adeboye has been adopted as the spiritual father by many Politician he passively suPported presently in power, Hence he should be the one to speak out to their hearing whenever they err. Except if he is not concerned. Please Adeboye followers, be reasonable for a momment and think about this.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Delafruita(m): 6:56pm On Jun 01, 2013
I.Joan:

goodluck to you as you proceed in your lunacy
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by esperiense(m): 6:57pm On Jun 01, 2013
ola_pluto: Just an analogy here:
When a terrorist strikes, Muslims and Imams are called to condemn the attacks. Fair enough!
But when Christians loot treasury and commit bad acts (Erastus Akingbola as a prime example), no one calls daddy G.O to condemn them.
We all know most of the corruption in Nigeria has religious backing one way or the other. This same daddy G.O that was with Ibori, Jonathan and other well known thieves refuses to condemn them so as not to 'influence people'
how old are you? Pls you have to be 18 to be on NL cos yo thoughts are like that of a fish
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Dolemite(f): 7:00pm On Jun 01, 2013
Misunderstood_G: You don't judge people by their camry or Private Jets, but you judge a man of God, just because he refuses to speak on political issues?? Clap for self... welldone..
Lol what do you know? Mr materialistic, go watch piimp my ride on youtube or go drool over Forbes most riches people's list, you're a child who is absolutely ignorant to social issues a product of a money hungry religious movement, a man of god my aching backside...
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 01, 2013
Delafruita:
goodluck to you as you proceed in your lunacy

You really didn't have to resort to insults because you had nothing else to say!
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Jakumo(m): 7:04pm On Jun 01, 2013
cold: Adeboye cannot speak out against the ills plaguing the society because he is part of the problem and benefits from a corrupt & dysfunctional system.He is like a parasite feeding off from its host.Of course,he would prefer the rot continues in order to stay alive.[b]Asking pastor Adeboye to speak out is like expecting a tick to advocate euthanasia for dogs.[/b]Such a campaign will never see the light of day

Ha ha ha ha Oh chit, a muffigin TICK. Ha ha One thing is for sure, I have NEVER seen a tick that wasn't ugly and parasitic. Now that is one serious charge, no doubt ha ha ha.

Damn, you done touched the anointed likes the muffuguh today, homie.

Can we conclude that you are not one of the flock of faithfulls who get all riled up when someone tries to touch the anointed ?
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by skyfall: 7:04pm On Jun 01, 2013
Am I suprised? NO!

The guy is a friend of PDP so condemning them will be like attacking his friends.

Moreover, people rush to churches because the economic situation of the country makes them desperate. If he speaks the truth against the corrupt leaders and they change for the better, then he'll lose his customers. So we understand. It's elementary logic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu No Longer Relevant In South-west –agbaje. / 2017 Budget: FG To Spend N100m On Kitchen Utensils For Aso Rock / EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.