Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People (14418 Views)

PDP Queries Buhari ‘indifference’ To Burning National Issues / I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan / Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by jjcbuthot: 11:25am On Jun 02, 2013
chris365:

see this one qupting what he doesn't understand.
When Bakare, okotie etc starting voicing their anger against the system to the public, what did you call them? Please allow the man to serve where he is called. For it is not his job to shout for change but our's.

Shut up your mouth kid. Who called him?

Pastoring is a business - he by himself saw money in the business just like any other businessman like Dangote. He built the business and today, the dude is making cool money.

Keep deceiving yourself. Man of God, etc. Who told you self-deceiving ignorants that these charlatans are God's men in the land of sins called Nigeria? God spoke to you that Adeboye is HIS man?
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by jjcbuthot: 11:57am On Jun 02, 2013
I.Joan:

In an interview with Haaretz newspaper during a visit to Jerusalem, Adeboye said he had shied away from speaking out on national issues in order to avoid influencing people in the wrong way.

Cool. Can we are also say that his preachings have been influencing people in the wrong way if this old tithe collector can't make national statements that will influence people in the right direction?

You can see how dull these so called men of God are - what kind of imbecilic statement is this? Martin Luther King influenced people in the wrong way by speaking on national issues? Desmond Tutu influenced people in the wrong way when he joined hand with ANC to end apartheid? This man is a dullard - sincerely.

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by spacechuks(m): 3:10pm On Jun 02, 2013
Even in the old testament,record had it that there were prophets who rebuked kings for their wrong doings,a case study was that of king david and the prophet.i personally dont see anything wrong on constructively commenting on issues by all these G.O's we have in Nigeria because whether they like it or not,their members are affected by the governance of these corrupt entities called politicians that will rot in hell except they repent and return all the money they stole from poor Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by lastpage: 3:17pm On Jun 02, 2013
jjcbuthot:

Cool. Can we are also say that his preachings have been influencing people in the wrong way if this old tithe collector can't make national statements that will influence people in the right direction?

You can see how dull these so called men of God are - what kind of imbecilic statement is this? Martin Luther King influenced people in the wrong way by speaking on national issues? Desmond Tutu influenced people in the wrong way when he joined hand with ANC to end apartheid? This man is a dullard - sincerely.

Naaah!
The man is a MATHEMATICIAN! grin grin grin
A Nigerian one for that matter! shocked shocked shocked

Lastpage!

BTW: Lets "free" the man, he is a sound and astute Business-man.
He has chosen his "business strategy and tactics" and it is working for him
(how many of you can buy a private Jet or have Presidents ....even if a thieving or (and) clueless ones.... worshiping at your feet?).

The problem are "the MOG-worshiping masses" (Muguns, as they are called), who cant use their own God-given brain to dissect "issues" that affect their livelihood.
Nothing do you, Baba-G.O., go-on soun jare! wink wink kiss kiss shocked
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by wwwkaycom(m): 4:05pm On Jun 02, 2013
Methink it is better for Pastor. Enoch Adeboye to continue to be silent over national issues so that he can continue to retain his respect and honour, but he should warn his lieutenants to beware of politicians and politics. For instance his cousin whom he made Provincial Pastor for Ondo Province 1 of the RCCG, Pastor Richard Adeboye turned himself to a campaign manager for Dr Olusegun Mimiko in the last election in the state, using the pulpits to drum support for his benefactor and "church member", this is not good for the body of christ, Pastor Richard Adeboye lost the respect of several hundreds of his church members who had simpathy for other political parties apart from Mimiko's labour party, cheers!
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by mbulela: 10:18pm On Jun 02, 2013
wwwkaycom:
Methink it is better for Pastor. Enoch Adeboye to continue to be silent over national issues so that he can continue to retain his respect and honour, but he should warn his lieutenants to beware of politicians and politics. For instance his cousin whom he made Provincial Pastor for Ondo Province 1 of the RCCG, Pastor Richard Adeboye turned himself to a campaign manager for Dr Olusegun Mimiko in the last election in the state, using the pulpits to drum support for his benefactor and "church member", this is not good for the body of christ, Pastor Richard Adeboye lost the respect of several hundreds of his church members who had simpathy for other political parties apart from Mimiko's labour party, cheers!
this is a very serious allegation.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by jjcbuthot: 10:23pm On Jun 02, 2013
wwwkaycom:

Man, we are not talking about supporting a political party here. We are talking about telling the truth to the people in power instead of keeping quiet as if everything is ok - everything they do is right including pardoning Alams and recently insisting on Jang as the chairman of NGF despite the later losing the NGF election. The old man Adeboye collects his own cash/share and keeps quiet in return for allowing the politicians to use his platform as a tool to create religious-based political alignment. It is really unfortunate...
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by mensdept: 11:30pm On Jun 02, 2013
Why would Adeboye talk about politics?

Really, think about it.

You want his congregation to stop the whole pastor worship and (re) focus on nation building? Do you know what that implies?

That means not only a possible revolution, but holding leaders and all those who have been deceiving the masses accountable, including the very man named Adeboye.

Yes.

SO he is keeping quiet because he, along with Winners chapel and the other Holy Ghost this and that churches are the ones benefiting from the chaos called Nigeria.

Remember Europe in the Middle Ages? Which institutions benefited from the chaos? Pastors and the like.

So if he says to his "flock", that they should hold their leaders accountable, and spend time organizing themselves to engage in real nation building activities, he has basically signed off the power and loot he would have gotten with people putting their energy in other things than vigils and prayer camp B.S.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Garrithe1st: 11:36pm On Jun 02, 2013
mens dept: Why would Adeboye talk about politics?

Really, think about it.

You want his congregation to stop the whole pastor worship and (re) focus on nation building? Do you know what that implies?

That means not only a possible revolution, but holding leaders and all those who have been deceiving the masses accountable, including the very man named Adeboye.

Yes.

SO he is keeping quiet because he, along with Winners chapel and the other Holy Ghost this and that churches are the ones benefiting from the chaos called Nigeria.

Remember Europe in the Middle Ages? Which institutions benefited from the chaos? Pastors and the like.

So if he says to his "flock", that they should hold their leaders accountable, and spend time organizing themselves to engage in real nation building activities, he has basically signed off the power and loot he would have gotten with people putting their energy in other things than vigils and prayer camp B.S.

I hereby quote this post to increase it's visibility!!
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by bokohalal(m): 12:15am On Jun 03, 2013
Prosperity christianity is one of our national issues.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by simiolu1(m): 12:31am On Jun 03, 2013
mbulela: Another problem is the role of pastors and traditional leaders; they have killed Nigerians. I cannot point to one pastor that have ever spoken and galvanised people. If pastor so and so can galvanise five million people at crusades, should it not occur to him that he can say something about what is going on? So the human right movement had had its time. There is a time for everything, that opportunity that opened was our time. It will not repeat itself because when politics came, the politicians immediately took the space. Then the politicians have discovered that being in bed with traditional rules and pastors is the most effective anti-dote to keeping the people quiet. If six or seven pastors that I know decide to shake Nigeria, there would be some difference.

If you have Tunde Bakare in many places, I think there would be some difference. But everybody is keeping quiet, all buying jets, enjoying themselves, flying around, there is no difference, they are close friends to the politicians, where do you think the revolution will come from? The revolution is always organised.

People are frozen by different emotions, most by fear. So what we need to do is to defreeze them. We have one hundred and sixty million Nigerians frozen. We need three or four people of diverse backgrounds to defreeze them, but the most powerful now is the religious leaders. They are the ones who can say to Nigerians, common, all right; we will do a, b, c, d, but they are not doing it. They are not. If we can appeal to the pastors, they should stop taking money from their congregation, and challenge government because we know what they are doing. We know it, even though I am a catholic, I know what is happening. What is happening is that the pastors have gone haywire. You know it yourselves and they are making a fortune. If the civil societies are unable to do anything, traditional rulers are unable to do anything, labour is unable and the religious societies are unable to do anything, that’s unfortunate. Revolution is not caused by one mass revolt, it is caused by those who feel aggrieved and have the power to mobilise. But if those who have the power to mobilise are themselves immobile, then we are in for big problem. In any society, ninety percent of the people are neutral, but once they are galvanised, like Martin Luther King galvanised them, they will move. The seeming peace and quiet is not to say that people are not angry, otherwise, most polls I read show that people are not feeling good about themselves.

The message is, let the pastors use the pulpit to galvanise, rather than making money.

I had to go dig out this comment from an interview Mr. Agbakoba granted the Guardian last Sunday where he was appraising our democracy after 14 years. I found the analysis very apt. While i feel the likes of the GO and and Oyedepo have failed us and Bakare is no saint as some of his comments are often crude and sensational,I wish we had more of his kind and a few more of the likes of Sam Adeyemi and Tony Rapu who are making concerted efforts to create a paradigm shift in the kind of followers that the polity produces.
In all our Religious leaders have let us down big time.

Best comment so far... (Personal Opinion)
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by classmark: 1:36pm On Jun 04, 2013
mbulela: comments like yours make it difficult to have a reasoned discussion. You guys just think God just rains down thunder on anyone who speaks against your favourite preachers? God does not work that way and the Bible does nor depict him to be such a fiery God busy punishing men . He is a God of mercy and grace. What is the speaking against the anointed you are claiming? Asking for pastors whose influence is acknowledged by even heathens to be massive,to speak out more for change in the open? The simple truth is that these pastors are simply not doing enough considering their influence on the led and leaders.Even God himself who anointed them would find them wanting in line with his Word. Stop scaring people with that Speaking against the anointed thing. It is not biblical. The God of the bible is not a private security firm out to sort out the perceived enemies of your favourite preachers.

The anointed is someone that is "called-out", separated, and imparted with divine power to deliver God's mandate on earth. I dont need to argue with you. If you don't understand a thing, especially spiritual matters, it is better to keep quiet than to speak against a person. Even if the anointed derail, it is not for you to speak against; leave that to the Person that called him. Take a cue from David, whom even when he had the chance to kill the backslided, anointed King Saul, he did not. This is becuase he knew the God he was dealing with.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by jjcbuthot: 1:49pm On Jun 04, 2013
classmark:

The anointed is someone that is "called-out", separated, and imparted with divine power to deliver God's mandate on earth. I dont need to argue with you. If you don't understand a thing, especially spiritual matters, it is better to keep quiet than to speak against a person. Even if the anointed derail, it is not for you to speak against; leave that to the Person that called him. Take a cue from David, whom even when he had the chance to kill the backslided, anointed King Saul, he did not. This is becuase he knew the God he was dealing with.

See him... Who anointed who?

God told you he anointed him and has imparted him with divine power? Where is the divine power?

Tell me one thing he has done with his divine power.

- He turned water to wine?
- How many blinds are now able to see through him?
- How many dead has he been able to bring back to life?

May be I dont know, can someone tell me the meaning of divine power?

Or divine power is all about reading the bible and saying "I saw someone driving a new car..."
-
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by mbulela: 10:25pm On Jun 04, 2013
classmark:

This snobbish attitude is what irritates me. People like you keep pretending that spiritual matters are hidden and mythical. To the unbeliever they are but to the believer, the veil has been torn and the mystery has been revealed (Col. 1:26,ff). Like you rightly said, the anointed one is 'called out'. In the new testament, every believer is called out,from the world into God's marvelous Light. The measure of the anointing may differ do to our walk with God but we are all anointed.In the old testament,men and women were anointed for special tasks and some were judges (leaders) under same anointing. Don't try to bamboozle folks with manipulation. Making pastors beyond correction and criticism is ungodly and not biblical. Even Peter with all his anointing was criticized in line with the word. I then wonder why today's pastors are suddenly untouchable.
I am not interested in speaking out against any man but i sure believe we can expect most MOG to deploy their undeniable influence for the social good of the society. Our light must shine and overwhelm the darkness in this society. Not just from the pulpit but also from the market place.
Re: Adeboye Doesn't Comment On National Issues To Avoid Influencing People by Nobody: 2:54am On Jun 05, 2013
A pastor in Osun state was accused of fornication, so the church council invited him to hear from him. And when they asked him, he confessed it was so. They suspended him and gave him 7 strokes of cane. The following day, a pastor's son died. The following day, another pastor's child died, and same thing on the third day. When the pastors noticed it's not normal, they prayed about it and it was reveal that God wanted to avenge the 7whips given the pastor by 7 pastors' children-one child each day-because the pastor's judgement is not their duty. They had to apologize to the embattled pastor. What i'm trying to say in essence is that, it's dangerous judging other people not to mention a man of God. If you feel the man of God is not living up to his expectation from you, just leave him to God to judge-that is, if you believe in God. Calling an elderly person all sorts of abusive names doesn't show you are a responsible person either.
As for the comments he made, i don't think that rules out the fact that he does correct any politician personally. It's very likely he corrects any politician who is a member of his congregation or who is close to him,but he doesn't have to condemn them publicly. And yes,he doesn't have to dabble into all political matters. He can preach against corruption and other moral ills like homosexuality,but not engaging himself in senseless political debates.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jonathan Rejects Demands Of ‘new Pdp’ • / Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program / Facts And Documents Why Atiku Abubakar Can't Travel To America... Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.