Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today (21796 Views)

Omisore Alleges Cover-up By Osun INEC Over Suspended Officials! / Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) / Opon Imo Wins UN Award Of E-learning, Creativity And Education In Estonia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by xykms101: 1:14pm On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: Lol! Afta Oshogbo and ile-ife,which other part of Osun has civilization? Pls don't mention Ede or Ilesha.

Even inside Oshogbo,can you just mention 2 better areas after GRA where d dummy gov. lives,dada estate and ogo-oluwa/onward area. The rest are full of mud houses plastered with cement. Lmao!
Bros you bad oh, na person state u finish so? To be candid that state is really lacking behind. The last time I visited the capital,I barely see better roundabout, the only thing they have is light.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by cyril83(m): 1:22pm On Jun 03, 2013
earthgreeners: Program Live on TVC

@ the event

1) Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu
2) Hon. Aminu W Tambuwal
3) Alhaji Atiku Abubakr
4) Cheif Bisi Akande
5) Cheif Oluremi Tinubu
6) Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila
7) Gov. Abiola Ajimobi
cool Gov. Kayode Fayemi

Advantages Of Opon Imo
1) Expose stds to IT
2) Less spent on Textbooks
3) Enhance learning tru Audiovisuals display.

BTW, the devices were Made in Osun.

coupled or made in osun? Besides what's the name of the company and which part of osun d company located.

I smell politics here.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by cyril83(m): 1:32pm On Jun 03, 2013
xykms101: Bros you bad oh, na person state u finish so? To be candid that state is really lacking behind. The last time I visited the capital,I barely see better roundabout, the only thing they have is light.
why wouldn't they have light when there are no companies to consume the light.

That's why we call it uncivilized state. Osun state is yet to stand on its own,that's why they are being controlled by lagos state.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by ekoilee: 1:39pm On Jun 03, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

Is there actually anything in SouthWest you guys don't complain of?

Lagos opens Ikoyi-Lekki link bridge--"Fashola is only building Lagos for the rich"

Oyo commissions Mokola bridge--"The bridge is not wide enough"

Ogun opens flyover--"why must everything be in Abeokuta?"

Nigeria's biggest refinery to be built in Ondo--"Why must it be ondo and not Akwa-Ibom?"

Osun to name airport After MKO--"what is Osun going to do with airport?"

Samsung opens its biggest workshop in Ekiti--"can
Ekiti people buy samsung products"

It flows in you guys blood, "bad belleism and Jealousy"

This is Just sad and unfortunate especially coming from people with never any good news coming out of their villages...smh..

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by aspabay(m): 1:43pm On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: why wouldn't they have light when there are no companies to consume the light.

That's why we call it uncivilized state. Osun state is yet to stand on its own,that's why they are being controlled by lagos state.

I’m not from Osun neither am I going to try to defend them, buy Cyril you are just a pathetic slowpoke, you are not different from a madman dancing in the market square.

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by aquabeing: 1:50pm On Jun 03, 2013
ajanaku2: ...proudly Ijesha!

Can someone please advise Ogbeni to reverse Osun's slogan back to "The State of the Living Spring"?

Ijesha ni ere awe
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by akinjosh(m): 1:52pm On Jun 03, 2013
For the critics, pls tune to channles tv to get educated. This is a project I am proud to be associated with.

2 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by ekoilee: 1:53pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
I hope you know these tablets aint gonna last forever. If they get spoiled, will the government replace it. Where's the money coming from and how many people is this scheme going to reach? Osun is no Akwa Ibom and Delta and the cost of these gadgets will milk the state. I'm not saying it's not a good initiative but when governments in Nigeria decide on projects, the cost must be put into consideration.

Btw, are you an ACN member because your assertions on thread points to that fact.

!
You keep going on and in about cost when one of the major benefits of this idea is saving money. These tablets cost way way more than regular textbooks and apart from loading their school work on the tablets and the kids learning better, they also get computer literate at the same time which is a superior advantage over many kids in Nigeria.

Akwa ibom library is a scam and I doubt any kid is benefitting from it because while these opon imo are free, the kids in akwa ibom have to pay N1000 to use the bogus library so its pretty much useless and defeats the propose and thats if f there was any to start with...

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Afam4eva(m): 1:58pm On Jun 03, 2013
eko ilee:

!
You keep going on and in about cost when one of the major benefits of this idea is saving money. These tablets cost way way more than regular textbooks and apart from loading their school work on the tablets and the kids learning better, they also get computer literate at the same time which is a superior advantage over many kids in Nigeria.

Akwa ibom library is a scam and I doubt any kid is benefitting from it because while these opon imo are free, the kids in akwa ibom have to pay N1000 to use the bogus library so its pretty much useless and defeats the propose and thats if f there was any to start with...
You have made a salient point. This is what i expected other people to do. Atcck my opinion and not me.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by cyril83(m): 2:00pm On Jun 03, 2013
aspabay:

I’m not from Osun neither am I going to try to defend them, buy Cyril you are just a pathetic slowpoke, you are not different from a madman dancing in the market square.
bros wetin i do you na? if i dey lie make you tell me.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: why wouldn't they have light when there are no companies to consume the light.

Thank God we have light in osun state. Pls what meaningful thing can you say about your state??
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by cyril83(m): 2:09pm On Jun 03, 2013
eko ilee:

!

At least we have only one reasonable comment from osun, brawse I would like to applaud the effort and also commend the initiative, I cant help but raise some questions on the aforementioned issue.
How sustainable is this effort/project? the problem with political office holders is that they like to involve themselves in elephant projects that wont stand the test of time. I cant help but imagine the level of corruption that would have gone into this project. How many state owned public schools do we have in Osun State and how many students (SSS) do we have in all schools. I guess over (7,000 to 15,000) on the average, will the State be ready to provide these students with tablets, have we considered the cost of procuring these tablets (for all SSS students) will not only furnish each State school with e-libraries, but will also provide good books for their consumption.
Most of these students cannot handle a computer talkless of the ability to handle and maintain tablets. I think it would have made better sense if all schools have very good e-learning libraries, tastefully furnished with computers (desk tops). This will ensure a win-win situation for all students and not a select few.

2. will the State be ready to continually provide tablets for subsequent students who move from the JSS arm to the SSS arm, and if so at whose expense?

That's my own point of view tho, i need somebody to convince people on this matter.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Piousogs: 2:13pm On Jun 03, 2013
Desola:

Why do some people think with their anuses like this na?

So you don't think Internet security would be installed on such devices which are primarily targeted at education?

You jealous fauqs just find any stup1d reason to hate sha!

Kilode!

i saw it from someone let me tell u it was great but to be candid it lacks purpose
one guy that has it in my neighbourhood because of this tablet pc, he has changed all of his free time are now spent on games.
I think it distribution should be restricted to the serious minded student of each school who could pay attention to the educative part.
That way students may even be challenged to study hard so has to get theirs.

Note
it does not support bluetooth,internet,video conferencing and so many other things that could enable it to communicate easily with other device.

2 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by geeez: 2:15pm On Jun 03, 2013
Very soon, other states will start copying and pasting like they do for all of Lagos's ideas without understanding the strategy behind it

And for those who are upset, it's expected

Yorubas are by their nature progressive and enterprise minded

2 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by REDDEVILS1(m): 2:21pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva: Like i said in another thread a few months back, this initiative is very expensive especially for a state like Osun that is not oil driven. It's sustenance is what worries me. There are better ways to give students access to whatever learning curve that's not so expensive. Let's take it one step at a time.

But one thing i like most about Aregbesola is his nack for making his governance an Africanist one. These are the kind of people we need as leaders in Africa as their leadership has that African feel to it.
actually I don't think it will cost much, the idea alone is brilliant and will be very effective.
Kudos to that Gov.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: At least we have only one reasonable comment from osun, brawse I would like to applaud the effort and also commend the initiative, I cant help but raise some questions on the aforementioned issue.
How sustainable is this effort/project? the problem with political office holders is that they like to involve themselves in elephant projects that wont stand the test of time. I cant help but imagine the level of corruption that would have gone into this project. How many state owned public schools do we have in Osun State and how many students (SSS) do we have in all schools. I guess over (7,000 to 15,000) on the average, will the State be ready to provide these students with tablets, have we considered the cost of procuring these tablets (for all SSS students) will not only furnish each State school with e-libraries, but will also provide good books for their consumption.
Most of these students cannot handle a computer talkless of the ability to handle and maintain tablets. I think it would have made better sense if all schools have very good e-learning libraries, tastefully furnished with computers (desk tops). This will ensure a win-win situation for all students and not a select few.

2. will the State be ready to continually provide tablets for subsequent students who move from the JSS arm to the SSS arm, and if so at whose expense?

That's my own point of view tho, i need somebody to convince people on this matter.

Didn't I tell you to go take a rest?
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Ikengawo: 2:33pm On Jun 03, 2013
currently watching the live ceremony!

Rauf is a very charismatic speaker! I love the energy and prompt, great initiative
he reminds me of Nnamdi Azikiwe in his speaking style (jovial, smiling) only he's a bit more animated.
Atiku is there as is Tinubu, i guess atiku is his in-law?

anyways these are the initiatives that will ensure Nigeria's dominance in the next century!
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Ikengawo: 2:33pm On Jun 03, 2013
geeez: Very soon, other states will start copying and pasting like they do for all of Lagos's ideas without understanding the strategy behind it

And for those who are upset, it's expected

Yorubas are by their nature progressive and enterprise minded
low self-esteem post from someone who doesn't even own a tablet. Guy it's ok.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by teemlo: 2:36pm On Jun 03, 2013
I'm watching the live transmission of the launch here in USA, it's a laudable project and that is what we need in Osun.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by hotwax: 2:37pm On Jun 03, 2013
I am from Osun. But, is this the next thing?
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 03, 2013
Ikengawo: currently watching the live ceremony!

Rauf is a very charismatic speaker! I love the energy and prompt, great initiative
he reminds me of Nnamdi Azikiwe in his speaking style (jovial, smiling) only he's a bit more animated.

anyways these are the initiatives that will ensure Nigeria's dominance in the next century!

Actually, he said so because atiku's wife is an Ijesha lady same as Rauf is an Ijesha man!
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by whyman(m): 2:40pm On Jun 03, 2013
Pls, my fellow Nigerians let us be sincere, this "opon imo" is just a way to bring education at present level to "local" school children. Most of us are being jealous or in denial. This tool is just a digitized textbook like the one being used in advanced countries for even basic education, no internet access, just a learning tool (pictures below for more clarification). Should we be condemn to "tokunbo" materials? We tend to use present technology widely after 10-15 years it had been in existence. This is an opportunity to jump start "local" students education in Nigeria.
I called it local because, those who attends public schools nowadays, very poor, poverty stricken children were in majority, tattered clothes and empty stomach is what they go to school on and yet they are today bestowed with the toga of pride for which other would be jealous of. Private school children were the first to use anything "good" in life in terms of education/educational materials..
No matter what anybody might said, Aregbe has done the unthinkable for me. Public school children would have a a digitized tablet. It is in our unthinkable dream. Who prophesied that? Nobody.
Dividend of democracy indeed to everybody, even people who count themselves out of government largesse.
We pray that more and more dividend would get to the public without any relations to those in government.
Pls, see student using it in other countries.

Glory be to God.

6 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Demdem(m): 2:40pm On Jun 03, 2013
hotwax: I am from Osun. But, is this the next thing?

So what should be the next? U won't have this line of thought if u were privileged to learn in ur early days with a tab. Besides its not as expensive as u guys are claiming. It's sustainable.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by cyril83(m): 2:41pm On Jun 03, 2013
django1:

Didn't I tell you to go take a rest?
rubbish! Now i see why this state lack behind, there are no smart and intelligent ones there.

I don't know why many of you keep supporting what you couldn't defend, simple question and none of you could provide a reasonable answer. Smh

Am outta here.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by whyman(m): 2:42pm On Jun 03, 2013
I'm also watching it live on Channels TV on internet.

http://m.channelstv.com/windows/

Pls, lets watch and comment.

Nigeria O ni daru o.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 03, 2013
teemlo: I'm watching the live transmission of the launch here in USA, it's a laudable project and that is what we need in Osun.

Nice!

*** I think the launching is a little over the board but still for sane minds the project is very laudable and I only hope it produce very good results in the shortest time!
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by riket(f): 2:44pm On Jun 03, 2013
presently watching it here from miami.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: rubbish! Now i see why this state lack behind, there are no smart and intelligent ones there.

I don't know why many of you keep supporting what you couldn't defend, simple question and none of you could provide a reasonable. Smh

Am outta here.

Don't let the door hit your flat head on your way out grin

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 03, 2013
Ikengawo: currently watching the live ceremony!

Titi Atiku Abubakar is from Osun State!
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Demdem(m): 2:45pm On Jun 03, 2013
I forsee Osun children becoming technological giants in future. cool

3 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Ikengawo: 2:46pm On Jun 03, 2013
chie! yoruba people can make NOISE lol
Imagine, this guy threw a national assembly for laptops lol
he even went as far as saying this is the only note worthy thing happening in africa
i appologize for comparing him to Azikiwe. I like the guy but Nigeria needs more sober minded politicians and leaders, lol
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Awoofawo(m): 2:46pm On Jun 03, 2013
THANK GOD WE NOW ON THE PAGE. ATTACK ISSUE NOT THE PERSONALITY BEHIND THE ISSUE! I AGREED COMPLETELY WITH POINTS YOU PUT FORWARD NOW! KUDO TO YOU! PLEASE BRING TRIBALITY INTO ANY DISCUSSION. HAVE A BLESS DAY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix / Ndigbo Movement Warn Against October 1st Rally, As Court Adjourns Suit / Governor Seyi Makinde Presents 28 New Buses To All Tertiary Institutions In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.