Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,851 members, 7,841,213 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

About The Trinity - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / About The Trinity (9821 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 13, 2013
shdemidemi: Matthew 4:10
New International Version (NIV)
10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’[a]”

and SATAN addressed him thus :

"If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down."

appears you know more than SATAN.

cheesy
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 10:36pm On Jun 13, 2013
frosbel:

and ?

Where does this mention TRINITY ?

smiley
What do you understand by that verse?
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jun 13, 2013
shdemidemi:
What do you understand by that verse?

3 gods.

Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 10:37pm On Jun 13, 2013
Matthew 2:2
2 and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 13, 2013
shdemidemi: Matthew 2:2
2 and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”

They came to pay him respect , homage etc.
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 10:39pm On Jun 13, 2013
Matthew 2:11
11 On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 10:40pm On Jun 13, 2013
Matthew 14:33
33 Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 10:41pm On Jun 13, 2013
Matthew 28:9
9 Suddenly Jesus met them. “Greetings,” he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him.
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 10:43pm On Jun 13, 2013
John 9:35-38
Spiritual Blindness

35 Jesus heard that they had thrown him out, and when he found him, he said, “Do you believe in the Son of Man?”

36 “Who is he, sir?” the man asked. “Tell me so that I may believe in him.”

37 Jesus said, “You have now seen him; in fact, he is the one speaking with you.”

38 Then the man said, “Lord, I believe,” and he worshiped him.
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 10:45pm On Jun 13, 2013
Acts 7:55-60
55 But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 56 “Look,” he said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.”

57 At this they covered their ears and, yelling at the top of their voices, they all rushed at him, 58 dragged him out of the city and began to stone him. Meanwhile, the witnesses laid their coats at the feet of a young man named Saul.

59 While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” 60 Then he fell on his knees and cried out, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” When he had said this, he fell asleep.
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 13, 2013
^^^

You are still not able to show us where TRINITY is stated in the bible or 3 GODs = 1 , until then you are wasting your time.

smiley
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 10:47pm On Jun 13, 2013
1 Corinthians 1:1-2
1 Paul, called to be an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and our brother Sosthenes,

2 To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be his holy people, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ—their Lord and ours:
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 10:49pm On Jun 13, 2013
1 Kings 18:24
24 Then you call on the name of your god, and I will call on the name of the Lord. The god who answers by fire—he is God.”

Then all the people said, “What you say is good.”
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 10:51pm On Jun 13, 2013
Zechariah 13:9
9 This third I will put into the fire;
I will refine them like silver
and test them like gold.
They will call on my name
and I will answer them;
I will say, ‘They are my people,’
and they will say, ‘The Lord is our God.’”
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 10:54pm On Jun 13, 2013
Romans 10:13-14
13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”[a]

14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?

COINED FROM

Joel 2:32
32 And everyone who calls
on the name of the Lord will be saved;
for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
there will be deliverance,
as the Lord has said,
even among the survivors
whom the Lord calls.[a]
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 10:58pm On Jun 13, 2013
Isaiah 9:6-7
6 For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 Of the greatness of his government and peace
there will be no end.
He will reign on David’s throne
and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness
from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the Lord Almighty
will accomplish this.
Re: About The Trinity by Image123(m): 11:08pm On Jun 13, 2013
frosbel:

They came to pay him respect , homage etc.

oh and Jesus is the One who continuously gets this respect and homage, not Stephen or Paul. Is it okay for your catholic friends to pay this respect and homage to Mary? Why did Peter and the fellow in Revelations reject this "respect" because they are MEN?
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 13, 2013
Image123:
oh and Jesus is the One who continuously gets this respect and homage, not Stephen or Paul. Is it okay for your catholic friends to pay this respect and homage to Mary? Why did Peter and the fellow in Revelations reject this "respect" because they are MEN?

Shocking question, you really need some more bible lessons.

smiley
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 11:56pm On Jun 13, 2013
frosbel:

Shocking question, you really need some more bible lessons.

smiley

Frosbel has no backbone, what a way to answer a simple question.
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 12:11am On Jun 14, 2013
Self identification of God in a plural form-
Genesis 1:26 Then God (elohim) said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness;
'Genesis 3:22 Then the LORD God(elohim) said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us,
Genesis 11:7 7 Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language,
Isaiah 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”
It will then make sense when the angels shout in Isaiah 6:3 -And one cried to another and said: “Holy, holy, holy(three times) is the LORD of hosts; The whole earth is full of His glory!”
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 12:25am On Jun 14, 2013
Boomark:

John 4:21-25

New King James Version (NKJV)

21 Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22 You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. 24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

25 The woman said to Him, “I know that Messiah is coming” (who is called Christ). “When He comes, He will tell us all things.”

Read carefully this english words and see who the isrealites worship, who Christ said we should worship, who is seeking true worshipers, who reconciled us to himself through Christ-Col 1:19-20, 2cor 5:18-21(do you know what this means?), who we all go to through Christ(Jn14:6). It is either you obey Christ, through whom God has called you for reconciliation and while doing so you are obeying the will of the Father cos Christ brought the will of the father to us. Do you disagree? Don't deceive your self by running around these things. you are not doing it for me.

Look! see! they also know about the coming Messiah-Christ.
You have heard from the Master...Worship God
I say Amen to the above. Jesus Christ tells us to worship the Father. But what do we do when the Father tells us to worship the Son?

When the Father has given the Son a name above every other name so that every knee MUST bow to Him. (Phil 2:10) Will you not bow you knee to Christ?
What about when the Father is glorified when we pray to the Son? (John 14:13) Will you not also pray to Christ?
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 12:28am On Jun 14, 2013
Numbers 6-

24 “The LORD bless you and keep you; 25 The LORD make His face shine upon you,(one)

25 The LORD make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you; (two)

26 The LORD lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace.” ’(three)

27 “So they shall put My name on the children of Israel, and I will bless them.”
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 12:43am On Jun 14, 2013
Mathew 28:19. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, notice the verse says in the name (singular) not names.

2 Corinthians 13:14
14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen.

1 Corinthians 4-6
4 There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all.

11)11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 1:07am On Jun 14, 2013
Ephesians 4:4
4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all,

Jude 20:21

But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, [/b]21 keep yourselves in the love of [b]God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 1:17am On Jun 14, 2013
shdemidemi: Mathew 28:19. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, notice the verse says in the name (singular) not names.
the word name in dat verse hit me. Eh frosbel, what is the NAME, what is the greek meaning of the word NAME and used in that context? Name not NAMES!

1 Like

Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 1:24am On Jun 14, 2013
And I (Jesus) will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 1:54am On Jun 14, 2013
frosbel:

But the verse was not addressed to Jesus as the Son of MAN for the sake of argument, it was addressed to Jesus as GOD , so back to my question how can GOD have a GOD ?

Let me give you a clue : no capitalisation in the original Greek or Hebrew.

smiley
hi let me understand you, by the bolded, are you against the CONCEPT of trinity or just the word TRINITY?
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 7:50am On Jun 14, 2013
Similarity in the attribute of God and the Spirit of God
Psalm 139:7-10 7 Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? (Omnipresent)

1 Corinthians 2:10-11

10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. (Omniscient)
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 7:58am On Jun 14, 2013
frosbel:

3 gods.

This is NOT what the Trinity is?
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 8:13am On Jun 14, 2013
The Holy Spirit and God used interchangeably and in parallelism

2 Samuel 23:2
The Spirit of the LORD spoke by me, And His word was on my tongue. 3 The God of Israel said, The Rock of Israel spoke to me:

Acts 5:3
But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit [/b]and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? 4 While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to [b]God.”
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 8:17am On Jun 14, 2013
Mr anony:
This is NOT what the Trinity is?

Of course, you are slightly right with what you put there. It will be very wrong to say God the father, God the son and God the Spirit(that makes it three Gods). Rather, the bible says we have one God the father, the son and the Spirit.

Try to use the scriptures to back your opinion when answering questions, so you don't end up leaning on your own understanding. You can be logically right but scripturally wrong at a time. Thank you
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 8:38am On Jun 14, 2013
Acts 28:25

25 "So when they did not agree among themselves, they departed after Paul had said one word: “The Holy Spirit [/b]spoke rightly through Isaiah the prophet"......
Compare with what God said to Isaiah
Isaiah 6:8-10 Also I heard the voice of [b]the Lord
(Yahweh), saying: “Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Hebrew 10:15-17

15 But the Holy Spirit [/b]also witnesses to us; for after He had said before, 16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,” 17 then He adds, “Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”

Compare to Jeremiah 31:32-33

“Behold, the days are coming, says [b]the LORD
, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the LORD. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I Really Need Help. I Am Looking For Psalm 23 But I Want It In Yourba / Christians: Does God's Word Allow Divorce or Not? / 2-year Old Recites Psalm 23 (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.