Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,620 members, 7,823,714 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread - Car Talk (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread (199358 Views)

Pls Help Needed With 1999 Nissan Infiniti Qx4 Ac / Nissan/infiniti Car Thread / Nissan Infiniti 1999-2002 Qx4 Against Toyota 2000 Camry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 1:56pm On Oct 21, 2015
pek:
Nairaland is not my home or office. Some of us don't frequent Nairaland that often. I am just seeing these things now. Let me respond according.
1. The last time I had ANY communication with drumma was on Friday.
2. I won't bother to delve into the past so much but you can read what I wrote earlier on
3. The said car have been parked for severally months and a lot of brainbox have been tried prior to me been involved. A lot of hands have worked on that car and it didn't start.
4. My duty was to get the right brainbox for the car. Please refer to my earlier post.
5. The amount agreed for the brainbox was 80,000. An additional 10,000 was for reprogramming and transport to take it to his place in Gbagada.
6.Again refer to my earlier post to know what transpired.
7.On Friday, after the car has started and the nozzle issue was discovered, he said he was not going to pay until everything is working well. I told him it was outside our scope. We have done our part. I texted my man on ground there to bring back the brainbox. I was surprised to know they later collected half of the money.
8. On that same Friday before the issue of he will pay or not pay, I sent him to please add 5K to that money as I have spent a lot and get virtually not as I had to foot the bills to his house on four occasions.
9. I swear by my honour that I am just reading about the 15,000 paid to the boys there for service rendered which I am not aware. This money is not to me and I am just reading about it here.
10.drumma has used several derogatory terms on me. He had earlier tarnish my reputation. No problem. My hands are clean. I rest my case.

Do you have a brain box for my fx45?

Check the previous page for details of it.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 21, 2015
pek:
10,000 was for reprogramming...
Pek, I'd like to be enlightened on this. Can the ecm be programmed outside the car? What exactly is the nature of this programming?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by steveyen(m): 2:54pm On Oct 21, 2015
Pls house anything u guys can do 2 help on this.

Oga Costee and Nisspart pls do give us ur expert assessment as usual.

Thanks in advance

steveyen:
Hi house,

I have this Nissan maxima 04. Recently I started noticing some strange things.

1. On most days when I start the car the oil pressure sign on the dashboard will not go off until I engage the gear to drive to move the car.

2. The same oil pressure sign intermittently come on and off esp when I am slowing down, applying brake or when d car motion is not so fast.

I checked the oil level okay.

I scanned the car and got the following codes

P1168, P0340, P0037, P0021 and P1051

The car still drives around but I am afraid the engine might be in danger.

KINDLY help me out on what I can do or what the problem might be.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by pek(m): 3:10pm On Oct 21, 2015
Costee:

Pek, I'd like to be enlightened on this. Can the ecm be programmed outside the car? What exactly is the nature of this programming?
10,000 was for the reprogramming and transport. Yes, reprogramming can be done outside the car if you have the tools plus you need the VIN.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 3:35pm On Oct 21, 2015
steveyen:
Hi house,

I have this Nissan maxima 04. Recently I started noticing some strange things.

1. On most days when I start the car the oil pressure sign on the dashboard will not go off until I engage the gear to drive to move the car.

2. The same oil pressure sign intermittently come on and off esp when I am slowing down, applying brake or when d car motion is not so fast.

I checked the oil level okay.

I scanned the car and got the following codes

P1168, P0340, P0037, P0021 and P1051

The car still drives around but I am afraid the engine might be in danger.

KINDLY help me out on what I can do or what the problem might be.

Thanks in advance.

Do you hear a whining sound when you start the car or accelerating?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 21, 2015
pek:
10,000 was for the reprogramming and transport. Yes, reprogramming can be done outside the car if you have the tools plus you need the VIN.
By this do you mean to write the VIN into the ecm? What about the key programming?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by steveyen(m): 6:23pm On Oct 21, 2015
i did not notice any whining sound .

nissparts:

Do you hear a whining sound when you start the car or accelerating?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 21, 2015
steveyen:

i did not notice any whining sound .

Good. P0021 and P0340 are somewhat intricately connected. I'd suggest you take care of P0340 for now which is the camshaft sensor bank1. The other code might also be resolved by it. P1168 and P1051 are same for the Air Fuel ratio sensor bank2. P0037 is for your 02 sensor bank1.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 11:37pm On Oct 21, 2015
Costee:

Good. P0021 and P0340 are somewhat intricately connected. I'd suggest you take care of P0340 for now which is the camshaft sensor bank1. The other code might also be resolved by it. P1168 and P1051 are same for the Air Fuel ratio sensor bank2. P0037 is for your 02 sensor bank1.

The camshaft sensor replacement won't make any difference. Both codes means you have a problem in the timing chain area.
The chains and gasket will need to be changed.
He has intermittent low oil pressure from problems in this area and that's why the light is blinking.
Symptoms will get worse eventually
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Wristler: 4:14am On Oct 22, 2015
Hello house, Pls how best can I raise my Nissan primera 1998. It lies low and its bumper and chassis scratches the floor/road so often.
I welcome advices and directives
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 22, 2015
nissparts:

The camshaft sensor replacement won't make any difference. Both codes means you have a problem in the timing chain area.
The chains and gasket will need to be changed.
He has intermittent low oil pressure from problems in this area and that's why the light is blinking.
Symptoms will get worse eventually
Yes, it's a timing chain area concern, but as no whine is evident yet I'll suggest the surgical operation of changing the chain mechanism altogether as a last resort. Apart from checking the crank and camshaft sensors, the factory service manual adds a third and final culprit which is "accumulation of debris to the signal pick-up portion of the camshaft." Indeed the manual says in cases of intermittent incidents (as seems to be the case here) it might even be an electrical issue in which case you "check ground terminals for corroding or loose connection."
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 1:15pm On Oct 22, 2015
Once both codes come up together it's an issue you'll have to open up the timing area to resolve.
Whining will occur when the chain stretches.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 1:18pm On Oct 22, 2015
CODE: U1000 pleaseeee
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 22, 2015
nissparts:
...it's an issue you'll have to open up the timing area to resolve.
I guess so if you must clear the accumulated debris as the FSM states.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 3:11pm On Oct 22, 2015
@nissparts please they said my SLIP & VDC OFF LIGHT ARE COMING ON PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO TO THIS ?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 8:59am On Oct 23, 2015
drumma:
@nissparts please they said my SLIP & VDC OFF LIGHT ARE COMING ON PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO TO THIS ?

We spoke.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 23, 2015
drumma:
@costee.... thanks for your candid response although i don't know what to make of the parsimonous comment as I was thinking spending 110K on a car shouldn't be regarded as not willing to spend money...the part number of the ECM installed:
K6 MEC65-440 01 4X25
I must admit I like your sense of humour. I used parsimony not in the miserly context, but of insufficiency of information.
The ecm installed by Pek, even though it's for FX, is not the one for your vehicle. There are about 16 ecm types (configurations) for FX35 2005. I won't be able to comment further until the appropriate ecm is installed.
You may reach me on 08179381094, however.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 23, 2015
Now let's identify the FX for this number:K6 MEC65-440 01 [C1?] 4X25
The last four characters (4X25) represent the production date of the car. In this case it is 2004, October 25.
Nissan ecm part numbers for all FX35 manufactured between August 2004 and November 2005 are as follows:
1. 23710-CL100: 2WD; and the Hitachi number is K3 MEC65-410
2. 23710-CL105: 2WD (tech package); and the Hitachi number is K4 MEC65-420
3. 23710-CL110: 4WD and; the Hitachi number is K5 MEC65-430
4. 23710-CL115: 4WD (tech package); and the Hitachi number is K6 MEC65-440

@drumma I'm sure you can place where the ecm now sitting in your FX belongs. Your guess is as good as mine regarding the extent of its compatibility with your car system. Yours is K3 MEC65-410 C1 5905 (2005, September 5).
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 4:21pm On Oct 23, 2015
Seriously @costee I don't know the kind of prayer i can start pouring on your right now... When PEK came here he was talking about how i used derogatory language on him and put his reputation at stake.... I told his boiz they were only working for the money they wanna collect from me not because they are doing the right thing now its clearly stated here.... for him and his boyz to pick my call and get this resolved now has become an issue they wont talk to me mechanic either.... so its another case of me loosing 110k to some people's wickedness just and he will come and say nairaland is not is shop he doesn't come here everytime.... I won't say much because i deserve a response from him and if @NOBODY likes he can ban my from commenting for another 2 days.... but i won't allow these people destroy another person's car.

Na money we take buy am no be paper....

Costee:
Now let's identify the FX for this number:K6 MEC65-440 01 [C1?] 4X25
The last four characters (4X25) represent the production date of the car. In this case it is 2004, October 25.
Nissan ecm part numbers for all FX35 manufactured between August 2004 and November 2005 are as follows:
1. 23710-CL100: 2WD; and the Hitachi number is K3 MEC65-410
2. 23710-CL105: 2WD (tech package); and the Hitachi number is K4 MEC65-420
3. 23710-CL110: 4WD and; the Hitachi number is K5 MEC65-430
4. 23710-CL115: 4WD (tech package); and the Hitachi number is K6 MEC65-440

@drumma I'm sure you can place where the ecm now sitting in your FX belongs. Your guess is as good as mine regarding the extent of its compatibility with your car system. Yours is K3 MEC65-410 C1 5905 (2005, September 5).
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 7:13pm On Oct 23, 2015
#seek&yeshallfind
Im sure @costee will smile when he sees these... After our short conversation on the phone he called me back to hint me about my slip & vdc off lights that was comong up and directed me to use the break fluid therapy... So i called my mech and told him to put the break oil.

He called back to tell me the light is gone but still needs to watch it.

That was when i remembered i had read about that same issue on infiniti forum and the guy said they billed him $1,800 without using the break fluid therapy first.

Will be seeing you tomorrow as instructed Sir. Before the TSB rounds kick off @nissparts

Note: we are not here to spoil people business but sensitize the public & create awareness so if you think conventions is your method of approach to business why not try and do service oriented approach by giving appropriate opinions pr service as it implies and see where you'll find yourself.. The act of back appprach is coming to an extinction because of #seek&youwillfind #google

@nissparts @costee you will not die young and you will be more blessed than you bless

@osama your car will come back to life in no time

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 9:27pm On Oct 23, 2015
^^^^^^^

That day I go buy one goat to celebrate am. grin

March 7th till today, still trying to be patient.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 24, 2015
Costee:
Now let's identify the FX for this number:K6 MEC65-440 01 [C1?] 4X25 [2004, October 25]JN.
Yes, we found out this was a black 4WD FX35 built in October 2004 with VIN: JNRAS08W35X206385 wink
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 3:16pm On Oct 26, 2015
WoW I'm back again and i must say my weekend was the most blessed after my short enounter with a father figure @costee.

I can't be more grateful for your immense assistance with my car on saturday.... all mechanics on nairaland need to consult you before they work on anybody's car....

I drove the car today but i didn't car a chance to hit 160mph as promised yesterday i guess that's never possible again in Lagos but It still drive perfectly and no SES light on my dash board again.

I duff my hat to you Sir......God bless you much.

I'll still on with the plugs as discussed sir

Costee:

Yes, we found out this was a black 4WD FX35 built in October 2004 with VIN: JNRAS08W35X206385 wink
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Inception(m): 3:46pm On Oct 26, 2015
Costee:

Bros,
this may be off topic though(sorry)

i would like to confirm the brainbox no for this ride plsss

1HGCP26389A055035

thanks bro
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 26, 2015
Inception:

Bros,
this may be off topic though(sorry)

i would like to confirm the brainbox no for this ride plsss

1HGCP26389A055035

thanks bro
Now I hope I'm not being considered a magician grin If this is a VIN, it doesn't look like a Nissan to me. Could you confirm vehicle, please.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Inception(m): 4:13pm On Oct 26, 2015
Costee:

Now I hope I'm not being considered a magician grin If this is a VIN, it doesn't look like a Nissan to me. Could you confirm vehicle, please.

2009 honda accord 2.4 lx trim
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 26, 2015
Inception:

2009 honda accord 2.4 lx trim
Sorry, my limits do not go beyond Nissan/Infiniti.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by jodecibmw: 8:12pm On Oct 26, 2015
Hello house gurus, though I posted this earlier in the day @nissparts thread on nissan/infiniti parts store, I'm posting here for additional information/resolution of issue.

I have a 2006 Nissan Murano that i bought in 2009 and I observed that the steering wheel was hard to turn at times, I decided to check it out, but on my way to the mechanic the power steering belt cut, when I got to the mechanic he removed the power steering pump and we observed that it was bad, as the pump shaft could not rotate freely by hand, we then bought a toks one and installed in the car with new belt and new fluids. The steering was then back on and was okay till around 2013, after which it went bad again, so we bought another one and changed it again, this one didn't last a year before going bad, then I changed it again this year and for this one, when you start the car for the first time in the day the steering is hard to turn till you run the car for up to say 10 mins before you can turn the steering. Even after driving and you park for long say from morning till evening after close of work, I still have to wait till that 10 mins before the steering will move freely.
Please what could be the cause of this issue.
I need your advice and help here with this issue, I'd like to know if maybe the power steering pump is wrong, that is maybe if there is supposed to be like I read here about vin number-part-number for particular car, if you know what I'm getting at. Please I need your help and advice to solve this problem. Thanks in anticipation.
cry smiley
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nel76(m): 2:04am On Oct 27, 2015
Looking for Nigerian used car in good working condition for 200k....any info should contact 07055250372. Or send d pictures and details to urchnel7@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 4:13pm On Nov 01, 2015
@Costee

@nissparts

7Q MEC33-810 B3 3905

Just confirm the last 4 digits, the 3 for the day, 9 for September & 05 for 2005.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by bbally: 6:45pm On Nov 01, 2015
Costee:

Sorry, my limits do not go beyond Nissan/Infiniti.

@costee
@nisspart
I av a nissan quest 05 which make sound like when two metals are vibrating against each other (ke ke ke ke) upon fresh start up or after a long rest but fade off after about 1-2 minutes warm up or if I raised it.
I want to believe its not timing chain because it doesn't increase with acceleration.
I changed oil with 4Lts of 5W30, new filters and platinum plugs and two of spark coil(because of misfire 5 and 6).
The engine runs ok now with water coming out during daily first start up except the NOISE and no CEL light.
What can I do to erase/silent the noise.
Thanks
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 01, 2015
Osama10:

7Q MEC33-810 B3 3905
Just confirm the last 4 digits, the 3 for the day, 9 for September & 05 for 2005.
3=Year (2003);9=Month (September);05=Day
2003, September 5.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (87) (Reply)

Top 5 Signs Of A Bad Fuel Injector / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread / What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.