Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,270 members, 7,826,043 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread - Car Talk (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread (199452 Views)

Pls Help Needed With 1999 Nissan Infiniti Qx4 Ac / Nissan/infiniti Car Thread / Nissan Infiniti 1999-2002 Qx4 Against Toyota 2000 Camry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 4:33pm On Oct 13, 2015
Costee:

Bounced back.

smiley

My bad.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Icon4s(m): 5:24pm On Oct 13, 2015
Osama10:
This FX of a car ehn, the wahala is just too much.

Whether its the car or the mechanics I don't even know again.

This is y i stay away from nissan products.Our mechanics!!!!
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 3:45pm On Oct 14, 2015
Icon4s:
This is y i stay away from nissan products.Our mechanics!!!!
Na wa oh.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by chukel(m): 6:53pm On Oct 14, 2015
Osama10:

Na wa oh.
my brother, are u still on this? No headway with chuks? I think the earlier u get directly and physically involved in this ride the better. Join Nissan/infiniti forums abroad. You will get more help. I have gained immensely from toyotanation.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 12:14am On Oct 15, 2015
chukel:
my brother, are u still on this? No headway with chuks? I think the earlier u get directly and physically involved in this ride the better. Join Nissan/infiniti forums abroad. You will get more help. I have gained immensely from toyotanation.

Yes oh, no headway yet. I have also been finding solutions both online & offline.

From what he said lately the brain box he bought was the wrong one, so am waiting for him to replace it with the right one.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 11:36am On Oct 16, 2015
dem don lift my ban??
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 11:36am On Oct 16, 2015
@costee... im back sir sorry i haven't been here one witch decided not to allow me
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 12:15pm On Oct 16, 2015
Lol.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 16, 2015
drumma:
@costee... im back sir sorry i haven't been here one witch decided not to allow me
Have you gone through the TSB I forwarded to your mailbox? I think it holds the key to your issue.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 1:51pm On Oct 16, 2015
I did ooo just felt like I was doing exam all over again being set by a professor....PEK's team are there sha trying to work their magic.... im in my office awaiting progress report....

Thanks so much Dr. Costee

Costee:

Have you gone through the TSB I forwarded to your mailbox? I think it holds the key to your issue.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 1:55pm On Oct 16, 2015
Had to copy this from nisspart's page since i can post here now....

So the part number of the new ECM has to be same of the damaged one.... I told them oooo hian

drumma:
PEK and his boys have been battling it with series of ECM's...

Nissans don't series, they take the exact.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 16, 2015
drumma:
I did ooo just felt like I was doing exam all over again being set by a professor....PEK's team are there sha trying to work their magic.
I can understand. But believe me the issue won't be resolved with the grounds left unaddressed. A TSB is a document from a car manufacturer recognizing a general problem with a car model and how to address it. I can't see what other magic needs to be performed. These are the three steps that you'll need: (i) see to the ground cables shown in the TSB; (ii) change all the 6 coils; (iii) change the ecm if indeed it has been damaged. You want to avoid a situation where even when the correct ecm has been fitted, it is again damaged by the deteriorating wiring. Steps (i) and (ii) appear within reach. Step (iii) seems difficult at the moment. If you can't get a used one then you'd have no choice but to get brand-new. If you can't go so far, I'm afraid you might have to sell the car "as is."
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 4:11pm On Oct 16, 2015
Thank you so much for your time boss.... I just had issues with PEK's guys over money after they claimed the car now starts but detected another problem of 2 of the nozzles being blocked and I told them to chill till tomorrow morning when my mechanic has fixed that but it turned into a back and forth thing and from that I sense desperation from all parties involved so I told one of the guys if they can't wait they should carry their parts and go but we later resolved to half payment and tomorrow when my mechanic gets it resolved then we do balance of payment.

hopefully it will work but on the TSB issue i would still love to cover the ground issues to prevent issues in the future or whoever the car will end up with because I can't even sell what I cannot use myself

Will keep you posted GOD BLESS YOU & NISSPARTS

Costee:

I can understand. But believe me the issue won't be resolved with the grounds left unaddressed. A TSB is a document from a car manufacturer recognizing a general problem with a car model and how to address it. I can't see what other magic needs to be performed. These are the three steps that you'll need: (i) see to the ground cables shown in the TSB; (ii) change all the 6 coils; (iii) change the ecm if indeed it has been damaged. You want to avoid a situation where even when the correct ecm has been fitted, it is again damaged by the deteriorating wiring. Steps (i) and (ii) appear within reach. Step (iii) seems difficult at the moment. If you can't get a used one then you'd have no choice but to get brand-new. If you can't go so far, I'm afraid you might have to sell the car "as is."
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by femga: 4:38pm On Oct 16, 2015
Good Afternoon house, please I noticed that my 03 Nissan Pathfinder jerks in Reverse (R), I noticed it after my mechanic topped my gear oil with Oando ATF which I vehemently opposed but said it is the best. Please can you tell me the right gear oil to use and recommenced a good mechanic in PH. What could be the consequence if I continue to use the vehicle like that? Let me also add that once the vehicle is warmed up it does not jerk in reverse(R)
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 16, 2015
drumma:
Thank you so much...Will keep you posted GOD BLESS YOU & NISSPARTS
The End...Part I
grin
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by pek(m): 4:54pm On Oct 16, 2015
drumma:
Thank you so much for your time boss.... I just had issues with PEK's guys over money after they claimed the car now starts but detected another problem of 2 of the nozzles being blocked...
Go through my profile, nobody has even accused me of anything when it comes to brainbox. I always leave my customers satisfied! You are the first. Do you know the meaning of what you just wrote? That's defamation of character. Your mechanic was there ALL the time and you were in constant touch with him. Did he say the car didn't start? So why will you use such words as claim and desperation? If I was desperate for anything, it was to see your car work.
For those of you following drumma's FX issue, here is the update.

I got interested in his issue when he mentioned he has tested several ECU and the car didn't start. I specifically told him that it is only the right one that will work. He contacted me and we agreed on me getting the brainbox from me. I sent someone to his place with the Right brainbox after it has been reprogrammed. Unfortunately, it didn't work. I told him we have to go with the scanner to detect the fault. Today is the fourth day and it is either we can't get the key or his mechanic won't be around. We even had to go with other brainbox to test. Today, we were able to trace the fault and rectify. The car started fine. His mechanic was surprised. We noticed the car wasn't performing optimally. It was discovered two nozzle were bad. Current was entering but it was not spraying. We interchanged the nozzle and got the same result. The mechanic was there all the time, relaying info to drumma. How is it brainbox?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 16, 2015
pek:
I got interested in his issue when he mentioned he has tested several ECU and the car didn't start. I specifically told him that it is only the right one that will work. He contacted me and we agreed on me getting the brainbox from me. I sent someone to his place with the Right brainbox after it has been reprogrammed. Unfortunately, it didn't work. I told him we have to go with the scanner to detect the fault. Today is the fourth day and it is either we can't get the key or his mechanic won't be around. We even had to go with other brainbox to test. Today, we were able to trace the fault and rectify. The car started fine. His mechanic was surprised. We noticed the car wasn't performing optimally. It was discovered two nozzle were bad. Current was entering but it was not spraying. We interchanged the nozzle and got the same result. The mechanic was there all the time, relaying info to drumma. How is it brainbox?
Hm.Didn't realize Part II was going to start almost immediately. Kidding. I don't want to be a cast in the plot, I'm just interested in learning. So my observations are these:
(i) Were the two nozzles bad before the new repairs?
(ii) Could it be that those nozzles are not now optimally operational because the ecm is defective in the relevant section?
(iii) What did you determine was the vehicle's fault?
(iv) What was the part number on the ecm that was now installed or was it the original that was reinstalled?
As I said, I'm in this for the knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 5:48pm On Oct 16, 2015
Anybody reading this now will think you were there with them in GBAGADA... LOL if you really want full details i will damage the reputation of your work because your boys arriving at someone residence at 5pm to fix a car is totally unethical but i will save you the stress and allow people enjoy your story for what it is......

Again I say God bless Costee & Nissparts.......

and also @ade the only reasonable person who was lucky to be at the location of the vehicle.... God bless you too

pek:
Go through my profile, nobody has even accused me of anything when it comes to brainbox. I always leave my customers satisfied! You are the first. Do you know the meaning of what you just wrote? That's defamation of character. Your mechanic was there ALL the time and you were in constant touch with him. Did he say the car didn't start? So why will you use such words as claim and desperation? If I was desperate for anything, it was to see your car work.

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 5:09pm On Oct 19, 2015
So I'm back again and now to give a full breakdown of how my car came back to life as a result of the team work from my mechanic and pek's team.... and unlike what he wrote earlier about defamation or no defamation.... I still stand my ground on what i said as everything came to play when i was there on saturday.....

Fast forward to friday, the ECM they brought luckily started the car but the car was not functioning at its normal pace.... but they insisted we pay for the ECM because their job was done after much argument ensued between pek's boys and my mechanic they resolved to collect half of the said payment and they said it was the ignition throttle that was faulty and wasn't making the car work well.... so we agreed when they fixed that and the car works perfectly, they will get their balance. So another of their boss called me and said he doesn't trust my mechanic that he will have his boys work on the injecto nozzle at an extra cost of 15,000 which i decided no to argue but consented to pay just because i want the car to work..... finally they changed the nozzle and started the car but it was still the same.... and after much trial and errors pek's boy said it wasn't the nozzle again that its discharging well and the current is perfect but that the valve is damaged hence they have to open the engine to fix the valve. This was the start of another 4hrs argument between the guy and my mechanic and even my girl friend's mum had to come out to contribute her own quota after all the back and forth my mechanic said he wasn't going to pay them anything until he fixed the valve they said wasn't working.... this was when their bosses became agitated and were giving me all manners of david & goliath stories of how they've finished their job and I should pay..... meanwhile my mechanic was trying to give scenarios of how it might not be the valve but they took him for a fool like he didn't know what he was saying.... I tried putting a call through to pek at that point but he wasn't picking.... called Adeiza and his was turned off so we were left to decide what to do then.....

I don't know what got into my mechanic's spirit at that point that made him call his own rewire and the guy now told him they should check all the coil cables to ensure they all positioned accurately... then my mechanic told pek's guy and he went to check and he realized he didn't fix the cables appropriately.... now once that was done the car fired up nicely and they were shocked that the same idiot they ridiculed was the one who saved their asses with all their trial and error.....

The part that got me vexed was when I now got a message that their boss said they should tell me he was sorry for the arguments that ensued.....

I am not mad or upset but I just wish nigerians will have a bit patience with customer service delivery because like I told the guy on saturday, they are just working for the money they want to get not because they wanted to solve a challenge and secondly under estimating someone because you feel they are not as educated as you is quite appalling and we nigerians have to eradicate that mentality.... these are craftmen who specialize in solving people challenges and no idea is too little to overlook... but im glad as always my mechanic was able to rescue the so called educated technicians...

Thank you for your time & PEK I hope you know this is not in anyway trying to defame you......

I appreciate your help!

.....There's life after money finishes!!!
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 5:23pm On Oct 19, 2015
That's good to hear your car is back to life.
Try to run that car for 50km & see whether any lights come up again.
So am left behind in this wahala now.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 19, 2015
Osama10:

Try to run that car for 50km & see whether any lights come up again.
+1
And drumma, you failed to learn one lesson: you didn't note the part number of the ecm installed.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 19, 2015
drumma:
he realized he didn't fix the cables appropriately.... now once that was done the car fired up nicely
How instructive!
I believe your key was programmed with it to make it work. What about your spare key, if you have one.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 7:39pm On Oct 19, 2015
Costee:

+1
And drumma, you failed to learn one lesson: you didn't note the part number of the ecm installed.

Sorry just replied your email.

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 11:43pm On Oct 20, 2015
So it turns out that the ECM is still giving the car issues after their so called mechanic said we need to change the plugs as that is what is making the car not give us full result.... all plugs changed to new and the car keeps tripping off when on motion....

My mechanic scanned it again and it was as a result of the ECM..... OGA PEK I HAVE PAID YOU 105,000 please this is a customer service issue now .....what can you do for us ooooo
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 20, 2015
drumma:
So it turns out that the ECM is still giving the car issues after their so called mechanic said we need to change the plugs as that is what is making the car not give us full result.... all plugs changed to new and the car keeps tripping off when on motion....

My mechanic scanned it again and it was as a result of the ECM..... OGA PEK I HAVE PAID YOU 105,000 please this is a customer service issue now .....what can you do for us ooooo
Sorry to observe, but you could be very difficult to advise; also somewhat parsimonious with relevant information. That aside for now.
Three things: (i) what was the part number of the ecm installed? (ii) initially it was the injector nozzles, now plugs. Ok, could you confirm the number inscriptions on the new plugs? (iii) "My mechanic scanned it again and it was as a result of the ECM." Unhelpful statement. What codes were pulled to come to that conclusion?

2 Likes

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 12:16am On Oct 21, 2015
drumma:
OGA PEK I HAVE PAID YOU 105,000 please this is a customer service issue now .....what can you do for us ooooo
Hey, what's your game? We were never privy to the nature of the transactions in the first place.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 6:49am On Oct 21, 2015
Hmmn FX.

You have to be extremely Sure.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by chukel(m): 7:25am On Oct 21, 2015
Osama10:
Hmmmn fx.

You have to be extremely Sure.
grin grin Osama Osama. Fx de show una shege. Make una go Nissan/infiniti forum.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by steveyen(m): 10:29am On Oct 21, 2015
Hi house,

I have this Nissan maxima 04. Recently I started noticing some strange things.

1. On most days when I start the car the oil pressure sign on the dashboard will not go off until I engage the gear to drive to move the car.

2. The same oil pressure sign intermittently come on and off esp when I am slowing down, applying brake or when d car motion is not so fast.

I checked the oil level okay.

I scanned the car and got the following codes

P1168, P0340, P0037, P0021 and P1051

The car still drives around but I am afraid the engine might be in danger.

KINDLY help me out on what I can do or what the problem might be.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by pek(m): 11:46am On Oct 21, 2015
Nairaland is not my home or office. Some of us don't frequent Nairaland that often. I am just seeing these things now. Let me respond according.
1. The last time I had ANY communication with drumma was on Friday.
2. I won't bother to delve into the past so much but you can read what I wrote earlier on
3. The said car have been parked for severally months and a lot of brainbox have been tried prior to me been involved. A lot of hands have worked on that car and it didn't start.
4. My duty was to get the right brainbox for the car. Please refer to my earlier post.
5. The amount agreed for the brainbox was 80,000. An additional 10,000 was for reprogramming and transport to take it to his place in Gbagada.
6.Again refer to my earlier post to know what transpired.
7.On Friday, after the car has started and the nozzle issue was discovered, he said he was not going to pay until everything is working well. I told him it was outside our scope. We have done our part. I texted my man on ground there to bring back the brainbox. I was surprised to know they later collected half of the money.
8. On that same Friday before the issue of he will pay or not pay, I sent him to please add 5K to that money as I have spent a lot and get virtually not as I had to foot the bills to his house on four occasions.
9. I swear by my honour that I am just reading about the 15,000 paid to the boys there for service rendered which I am not aware. This money is not to me and I am just reading about it here.
10.drumma has used several derogatory terms on me. He had earlier tarnish my reputation. No problem. My hands are clean. I rest my case.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 12:32pm On Oct 21, 2015
@costee.... thanks for your candid response although i don't know what to make of the parsimonous comment as I was thinking spending 110K on a car shouldn't be regarded as not willing to spend money..... you know you're richer than me cos I have an idea how much the PH.D holder gets me im just a office boy with a small prospective business on the side.....

But you know it is you i will still run to so if you like boss kill me with dictionary na you go still take your right hand help me....

Back to the bone of contention.... What I basically do is relay what information i gather from my mechanic on one side and PEK's people on the other side.

I remember pasting the part number of the ECM installed the following but you may have skipped it so here it is again:

EMC: K6 MEC65-440 01 4X25

That's what they presently installed and you asked about the programming of the key to which i also responded that i don't have any spare and ask if there might be any issue in the future.

II: about the injector nozzles, like i said when they fixed the ecm and the car wasn't working well it was PEK and his BOYS that dogmatically said it was the injector nozzles that were bad because they werent spraying.... so they billed me another 15k and they had that fixed on saturday morning between 8:017 & 9:52 am as soon as they finished that they started the car and it still wasn't working fine then PEK's guy again said its not longer the nozzles that the VALVE was bad and that my mechanic should go and work on that.... that was what led to the 3hr argument that ensued until my mechanic detected that it was the cables they didn't position well. and they got that right and the car started fine....

now scanning the system that day the car came up with the :U1000 CODE and it was the same code my mechanic said he got yesterday.

lastly my mechanic said he hasn't gotten new plugs so i cannot provide the inscriptions yet....

Please biko @costee help your Son....

Thanks in anticipation

Costee:

Hey, what's your game? We were never privy to the nature of the transactions in the first place.

Costee:

Sorry to observe, but you could be very difficult to advise; also somewhat parsimonious with relevant information. That aside for now.
Three things: (i) what was the part number of the ecm installed? (ii) initially it was the injector nozzles, now plugs. Ok, could you confirm the number inscriptions on the new plugs? (iii) "My mechanic scanned it again and it was as a result of the ECM." Unhelpful statement. What codes were pulled to come to that conclusion?

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (87) (Reply)

Top 5 Signs Of A Bad Fuel Injector / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread / What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.