Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,670 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread - Car Talk (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread (199057 Views)

Pls Help Needed With 1999 Nissan Infiniti Qx4 Ac / Nissan/infiniti Car Thread / Nissan Infiniti 1999-2002 Qx4 Against Toyota 2000 Camry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 7:08pm On Nov 01, 2015
Costee:

3=Year (2003);9=Month (September);05=Day
2003, September 5.

Ok Chief, thanks.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 01, 2015
bbally:

@costee
@nisspart
I av a nissan quest 05 which make sound like when two metals are vibrating against each other (ke ke ke ke) upon fresh start up or after a long rest but fade off after about 1-2 minutes warm up or if I raised it.
I want to believe its not timing chain because it doesn't increase with acceleration.
I changed oil with 4Lts of 5W30, new filters and platinum plugs and two of spark coil(because of misfire 5 and 6).
The engine runs ok now with water coming out during daily first start up except the NOISE and no CEL light.
What can I do to erase/silent the noise.
Thanks
I might be wrong, but that looks like the early stage of the timing chain problem on a VQ35 engine to me. My advice is, and this is speaking from personal experience, change your engine oil to our local 20W50 for a high viscosity.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by bbally: 7:44pm On Nov 01, 2015
Costee:

I might be wrong, but that looks like the early stage of the timing chain problem on a VQ35 engine to me. My advice is, and this is speaking from personal experience, change your engine oil to our local 20W50 for a high viscosity.

Thanks for the sharp response. Will 20W50 not too heavy for the oil pump, lifters and the tiny oil passages, but if I will need to try that is Mobil XHP okay or which oil did u used from "personal experience" so that I can try out ur method step by step.
Thanks again
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 01, 2015
bbally:

Thanks for the sharp response. Will 20W50 not too heavy for the oil pump, lifters and the tiny oil passages, but if I will need to try that is Mobil XHP okay or which oil did u used from "personal experience" so that I can try out ur method step by step.
Thanks again
Mobil XHP.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 02, 2015
Osama10:

Ok Chief, thanks.
There are 4 ecm types for your model year:
Base package: 23710-CG760; 7Q MEC33-802: August-September 2003
(Superseded by) Base package: 23710-CG761; 7Q MEC33-812: September 2003-August 2004

Tech package: 23710-CG765; 7Q MEC33-801: August-September 2003
(Superseded by) Tech package:23710-CG766; 7Q MEC33-811: September 2003-August 2004.

You can see that the numbers have a rhyming pattern. Of course you know which ones fit your car.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 9:56am On Nov 03, 2015
Costee:

There are 4 ecm types for your model year:
Base package: 23710-CG760; 7Q MEC33-802: August-September 2003
(Superseded by) Base package: 23710-CG761; 7Q MEC33-812: September 2003-August 2004
Tech package: 23710-CG765; 7Q MEC33-801: August-September 2003
(Superseded by) Tech package:23710-CG766; 7Q MEC33-811: September 2003-August 2004.
You can see that the numbers have a rhyming pattern. Of course you know which ones fit your car.

Ok Sir.

Would be going for it :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400900520584
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 03, 2015
Osama10:

Would be going for it :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400900520584
Supported. Good luck.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 10:19am On Nov 03, 2015
Costee:

Supported. Good luck.

cool cool cool
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 5:13pm On Dec 01, 2015
Finally I picked up the ecu I ordered through Balogunsam today & straight away to the autoshop.

It was fixed & the car started, we idled for 30mins to look out for ses light.

It came on with misfire, they had to lossen up & worked on the nozzles etc.

After that I zoomed off and up till now no ses light, am just going to give it some more km to see if anything comes up.

Thanks to all who contributed one way or the other.

Cc:
Costee
Nissparts
Pek
Gazzuzz
Drumma

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 01, 2015
Osama10:
^^^^^^^

That day I go buy one goat to celebrate am. grin

March 7th till today, still trying to be patient.
As the saying goes: A promise is a debt.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 8:59pm On Dec 01, 2015
Costee:

As the saying goes: A promise is a debt.

But you are in Lagos, how are we going to do it?

Unfortunately I was going for some isiewu & nwobi this evening when the ses light came again, I just jejely return back to my house.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by aieromon(m): 9:46pm On Dec 01, 2015
The trials and tribulations of this ride reach to write Nollywood script oh
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 9:57pm On Dec 01, 2015
aieromon:
The trials and tribulations of this ride reach to write Nollywood script oh

My brother it's not for the faint hearted oh.

Na me & this motor.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 01, 2015
Osama10:

But you are in Lagos, how are we going to do it?

Unfortunately I was going for some isiewu & nwobi this evening when the ses light came again, I just jejely return back to my house.
Not yet Uhuru--another saying wink
Let's know the codes.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 9:09am On Dec 02, 2015
Nissan/Infinitis and SES lights go together like bread and butter cheesy
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 9:38am On Dec 02, 2015
nissparts:
Nissan/Infinitis and SES lights go together like bread and butter cheesy

grin grin grin

I tell you, I drove my QX4 with SES light on since I bought it in 2012 up till this last month I sold it.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 02, 2015
Osama10:

grin grin grin

I tell you, I drove my QX4 with SES light on since I bought it in 2012 up till this last month I sold it.
But it's always better to grope in the dark in a familiar terrain. If you must ignore the SES light, know what its complaint is.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 4:22pm On Dec 02, 2015
P0507
P0057

Just amended the leaking exhaust together with packing.

The growling sound it's out but need to rescan again.

Port Harcourt holdups are crazy.

This is for the fx45.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 02, 2015
Osama10:
P0507
P0057
With P0507, you should have a high rpm. In cleaning the injectors, did your guys also clean up the throttle body (TB)? You may also look out for air leaks after the MAF sensor (i.e., between the MAF and the TB).
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Prodigee: 9:30pm On Dec 02, 2015
battery arrangement dilemma.
abeg can someone give advice on what to do with this battery setup. is there another battery confuguration(where the +ve is on the right and -ve on the left) or i will have to elongate the wire and connectors? cc Costee

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 9:52pm On Dec 02, 2015
Costee:

With P0507, you should have a high rpm. In cleaning the injectors, did your guys also clean up the throttle body (TB)? You may also look out for air leaks after the MAF sensor (i.e., between the MAF and the TB).

Very sure about the injectors, I had a major leak on the exhaust manifold & that has been taken care off today.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 02, 2015
Osama10:

Very sure about the injectors, I had a major leak on the exhaust manifold & that has been taken care off today.
I'm afraid you didn't respond to my question, but I hope your guys did not extend the cleaning to the TB. Confirm that there are no air leaks between the MAF and TB. What about your rpm? It should be between 600 and 700 at idle when fully warm/hot. Yes, rescan. (About time you had your scan tool, or you already do?)
P0507 is a most exasperating code especially when triggered by cleaning the TB. Except the ECM is defective (and I do sincerely hope not), the code cpould be addressed by performing an Idle Air Volume Learning. It is actually required when you install a used ECM. You'd need to find a workshop with a diagnostic tool such as Autel MaxiDas 708 or some other of comparative capabilities. The IAVL can be done manually but never foolproof as the process requires precise timing. One other thing you could do is to disconnect the battery overnight. It's a hit-and-miss option. You just might be lucky, and the ECM is reset to work harmoniously with the TB.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 02, 2015
Prodigee:
battery arrangement dilemma.
abeg can someone give advice on what to do with this battery setup. is there another battery confuguration(where the +ve is on the right and -ve on the left) or i will have to elongate the wire and connectors? cc Costee
Simply get a battery that matches the configuration of your connections. Elongate? Never advisable.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Prodigee: 10:38pm On Dec 02, 2015
Costee:

Simply get a battery that matches the configuration of your connections. Elongate? Never advisable.
Okay. thanks alot
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 3:32am On Dec 03, 2015
Costee:

I'm afraid you didn't respond to my question, but I hope your guys did not extend the cleaning to the TB. Confirm that there are no air leaks between the MAF and TB. What about your rpm? It should be between 600 and 700 at idle when fully warm/hot. Yes, rescan. (About time you had your scan tool, or you already do?)
P0507 is a most exasperating code especially when triggered by cleaning the TB. Except the ECM is defective (and I do sincerely hope not), the code cpould be addressed by performing an Idle Air Volume Learning. It is actually required when you install a used ECM. You'd need to find a workshop with a diagnostic tool such as Autel MaxiDas 708 or some other of comparative capabilities. The IAVL can be done manually but never foolproof as the process requires precise timing. One other thing you could do is to disconnect the battery overnight. It's a hit-and-miss option. You just might be lucky, and the ECM is reset to work harmoniously with the TB.

Hmmn the drama continues, I would try your last option tonight & see what happens with the ECM reset.

I would find out about the TB & MAF.

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by aieromon(m): 6:31am On Dec 03, 2015
Oga,go buy petrol Na tongue

2 Likes

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 9:38am On Dec 03, 2015
There's a trick to reset the idle.
When the vehicle is warm, disconnect the MAF while it's idling, rev once and shut off the car.
Reconnect the maf, erase the codes with a scanner and then start the car.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 03, 2015
nissparts:
There's a trick to reset the idle.
When the vehicle is warm, disconnect the MAF while it's idling, rev once and shut off the car.
Reconnect the maf, erase the codes with a scanner and then start the car.
Yes, another option worth trying. I actually didn't mention it because I thought the success rate was more for 2007 models and above.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 1:27pm On Dec 03, 2015
aieromon:
Oga,go buy petrol Na tongue
Lol.

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by tosin2013: 5:50am On Dec 11, 2015
Please cn anyone briefly discuss the good and bad side of the car Nissan Tiida?

Anyone? Thanks. Its a bit urgent.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by maxjax(m): 12:23am On Dec 13, 2015
electrical gurus in tha house....

First, ma nissan prime '97 CVT model doesnt light up the reverse light when its engagged, both bulbs are pretty much working.

Secondly, tha break light comes on throughout, i had to remove the breaklight fuse located beneath the dashboard.

pls hw do i get this sorted out?
Thanx y'all
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 3:13pm On Dec 14, 2015
Good afternoon peeps,

MY FX45 is doing fine but am gonna give it some inter state move in the next few days.
grin

I need to help a friend with an ecu for his Nissan Pathfinder 2001 with Vin number JN8DR09Y51W605294.

Original ecu has been misplaced but the one that has just been taken out is JO MEC14-800 B1 2909.

CC:
Costee
Nissparts

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (87) (Reply)

Top 5 Signs Of A Bad Fuel Injector / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread / What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively

Viewing this topic: TT20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.