Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread - Car Talk (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread (198537 Views)

Pls Help Needed With 1999 Nissan Infiniti Qx4 Ac / Nissan/infiniti Car Thread / Nissan Infiniti 1999-2002 Qx4 Against Toyota 2000 Camry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 10:28am On May 08, 2015
Costee:

Am I missing something here? How do bad cats come into this saga? Your codes do not show bad cats. They are all related to your oxygen sensors: they're either bad or the connections are shorted. Only one sensor appears to be free, B2S1. You have two cats, might as well gut them for now.
The only thing I find puzzling though is that the code P1276 is not applicable to the VK45 engine that yours is since you have an FX45. Maybe it's of little consequence. Dunno. Or maybe the new ECM...
Out of curiosity, what's your VIN?

JNRBS08W54X400452.

Just what I noticed also before this time was fumes coming out from under the hood of the car after a long drive.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 08, 2015
Osama10:

JNRBS08W54X400452.

Just what I noticed also before this time was fumes coming out from under the hood of the car after a long drive.
You mean this was what you diagnosed (presumed) to be bad cats? It seems to me that undue tinkering must have caused a short that damaged your ecm (I may be wrong of course).
Based on your VIN, your FX is Canadian spec. Produced in Sept 2003 with all black colours. Your ecm should support the use of your Adaptive Cruise Control. If the one you have there now doesn't then it's not your car's specifically, though it's compatible enough to do other or basic functions. For now, I'd suggest you attend to the oxygen sensors. (But then bad oxygen sensors can cause such fuming as you described. Bad cats emit foul smell not fumes)
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 3:37pm On May 08, 2015
Costee:

You mean this was what you diagnosed (presumed) to be bad cats? It seems to me that undue tinkering must have caused a short that damaged your ecm (I may be wrong of course).
Based on your VIN, your FX is Canadian spec. Produced in Sept 2003 with all black colours. Your ecm should support the use of your Adaptive Cruise Control. If the one you have there now doesn't then it's not your car's specifically, though it's compatible enough to do other or basic functions. For now, I'd suggest you attend to the oxygen sensors. (But then bad oxygen sensors can cause such fuming as you described. Bad cats emit foul smell not fumes)

This scan was after the brain box was changed 2 days ago.I was driving when the car just went off like that in march after idling the vehicle for 20minutes.

I was supposed to take the car to one guy GAZZUZZ introduced me to, the SES light is up again am am thinking before I drive to his workshop I don't want this car to stop on the road again.

With these codes can one detect the exact sensor that is bad?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 08, 2015
Osama10:

With these codes can one detect the exact sensor that is bad?
If by this you mean the four codes, they refer to three oxygen sensors: the 2 downstream, and 1 upstream for bank 1.
Do you have a scanner?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 3:59pm On May 08, 2015
Costee:

If by this you mean the four codes, they refer to three oxygen sensors: the 2 downstream, and 1 upstream for bank 2.
Do you have a scanner?

My scanner I ordered would arrive tommorow latest.

Bank 2 is the one on the passenger side close to the engine I guess.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 4:02pm On May 08, 2015
These are the codes after the scan in march before the brain box issue:

1.P0300.... Multiple Cylinder Misfire.
2.P0113.... Intake Air Temperature.
3.P0051... Oxygen Sensor Heater Control.
4.P0455... Evaporative Control Large Leak.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 08, 2015
Osama10:

My scanner I ordered would arrive tommorow latest.

Bank 2 is the one on the passenger side close to the engine I guess.
I meant bank 1, the driver's side.
Maybe you should be patient for your scanner to arrive.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 4:13pm On May 08, 2015
Costee:

I meant bank 1, the driver's side.
Maybe you should be patient for your scanner to arrive.

Ok driver's side noted.

So with the SES light on now I can't even drive that car?What do you think?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 08, 2015
Osama10:

These are the codes after the scan in march before the brain box issue:

1.P0300.... Multiple Cylinder Misfire.
2.P0113.... Intake Air Temperature.
3.P0051... Oxygen Sensor Heater Control.
4.P0455... Evaporative Control Large Leak.
Nothing serious. Nos 2 and 4 probably led to the shut down, while improper management of 1 led to the ecm trouble. No 2 is maf sensor.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 08, 2015
Osama10:

Ok driver's side noted.

So with the SES light on now I can't even drive that car?What do you think?
Can't tell. Matter of chance till you pull the codes.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 4:26pm On May 08, 2015
Ok Chief, latest tommorow I would pull up the codes.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 08, 2015
Osama10:
Ok Chief, latest tommorow I would pull up the codes.
Btw, what scanner are you expecting? I mean make and specs.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 4:37pm On May 08, 2015
Autop D900 2014
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 4:38pm On May 08, 2015
Hope its ok. grin
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 08, 2015
Osama10:
Autop D900 2014
Limited capabilities. I doubt whether it can scan the transmission, ABS, and SRS (airbag) modules. As for the ecm no probs.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 4:50pm On May 08, 2015
Costee:

Limited capabilities. I doubt whether it can scan the transmission, ABS, and SRS (airbag) modules. As for the ecm no probs.

Which do you recommend for the four modules?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 08, 2015
Osama10:

Which do you recommend for the four modules?
Autel MaxiDiag 801. It's the cheapest for now because coverage ends in 2008. It's about 30k on Konga.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 4:57pm On May 08, 2015
Ok maybe I'll upgrade soonest.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 08, 2015
Osama10:
Ok maybe I'll upgrade soonest.
Nice. Positive spirit.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:39pm On May 08, 2015
steveyen:
please I need to get a new Maxima 04 engine V6 3.5l urgently.

Can anyone here give me idea of the price ( full and skeleton) and if anyone has one he can guarantee pls let me no.

If you really need it, give me a call 08023251039
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 6:54am On May 13, 2015
My car, Nissan maxima 2002 gle, v6 3.5L consumes lot of fuel especially in the city. Just few moving around the city with no traffic, I used up to 20 litres in 2 days. Please what can I do to resolve the issue.
Moreover, the sound changes from quiet to a bit loud when I engage the gear to either R or D while idle but goes quiet again when I'm in motion I.e high sound when I apply brakes but low/normal in motion

Secondly, please can you recommend a very suitable and efficient engine oil, gear oil and oil filter for the car as I am scared of buying just any.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 14, 2015
Mr Gazzuzz pls is there an official Nissan & Infiniti watsapp group page? if so pls do kindly add me up on 08063260684. Thanks
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by simpson2016: 8:59am On Jun 14, 2015
Hello all, please I need your advice. I want to purchase a Nigerian used infiniti fx35 - 2006 for 1.3. Is this a good buy? Also this will be my second car as I currently use a corolla which has only been to the mechanic three times since I bought it toks a year ago. All three occasions were to change the oil, I've had absolutely no cause to spend any extra cash. If I buy the fx, I will be driving it from surulere to work on the island everyday. Please how expensive is it to maintain the car, I reckon it will be more expensive than my corolla and I am fine with that but I will like to know just how expensive. Are the parts readily available, does the car have issues like the murano, can I get a good mechanic, i earn 180k a month, so please put this into consideration.

I wanted to buy the murano but from my research here on nairaland one word kept coming up, RUN. So I decided to run from the murano, should I also run from the infiniti fx3??

If yes, what about a 2006 Nissan pathfinder?? Nigerian used too.

I will really appreciate your helpful responses as I don't know much about cars. Thanks.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 9:53am On Jun 14, 2015
simpson2016:
Hello all, please I need your advice. I want to purchase a Nigerian used infiniti fx35 - 2006 for 1.3. Is this a good buy? Also this will be my second car as I currently use a corolla which has only been to the mechanic three times since I bought it toks a year ago. All three occasions were to change the oil, I've had absolutely no cause to spend any extra cash. If I buy the fx, I will be driving it from surulere to work on the island everyday. Please how expensive is it to maintain the car, I reckon it will be more expensive than my corolla and I am fine with that but I will like to know just how expensive. Are the parts readily available, does the car have issues like the murano, can I get a good mechanic, i earn 180k a month, so please put this into consideration.
I wanted to buy the murano but from my research here on nairaland one word kept coming up, RUN. So I decided to run from the murano, should I also run from the infiniti fx3??
If yes, what about a 2006 Nissan pathfinder?? Nigerian used too.
I will really appreciate your helpful responses as I don't know much about cars. Thanks.

Nigerian Used FX35 - 2006 For 1.3m? RUN FAR. lipsrsealed
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by airlord2020: 12:25pm On Jun 14, 2015
Naija used nissan-infiniti suvs may spring up surprises you may not be able to handle considering your monthly income. The parts are available. They consume enough fuel in traffic cause engine size is relatively big. Your corololla most likely is 1.8L i4 engine while fx35 and pathfinder have 3.5 and 4.0L V6 engine respectively. Incase of gear box issues e.g on the pathfinder you need many times your monthly salary to fix that. Bros RUN as fast as your legs can take you.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by mygeeZ(m): 1:27pm On Jun 14, 2015
Need advise on Nissan Xtrail 2006 V6, direct buy from canada.. fuel consumption, maintenance cost, durability etc, will be used here in lagos.
thanks
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by simpson2016: 5:27pm On Jun 14, 2015
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll get a toyota camry then. Thanks.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by mygeeZ(m): 6:18pm On Jun 14, 2015
need advise on the nissan xtrail.. pls.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 16, 2015
Osama10:
The auto electrician cleaned all the earth wires which was full of rusts (thanks to my brother that sold a car with so much rusts) car still refused to start.

He checked all the fuse and none was blown.So even with the exorbitant price he asked for he could not deliver.

He brought his own diagnistic tool but could not detect anything.After some further test they found out that the fuel was not entering into the engine.

They called another guy who said it was the brain box

Am a little bit surprised, can you be in motion and your brain box goes bad just like that?

So they would be getting a brain box today to see if it works.

I would be updating the house for all to see & learn from my experience also to those planning on the FX,that car na big man big wahala. grin grin grin
Bros, I am also experiencing the same thing. Infiniti is real big man big wahala.....
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 16, 2015
cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 16, 2015
Ogas in the house, My Infiniti FX35 threw up a code P1111 (Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid). I changed the oil and filter; and erased the code. After a while, the code P1111 came on again. Now, the car starts, revs itself and dies off immediately. My mech has tried changing both IVTs but it is still the same. I will appreciate any advice or tip from you all. Thanks.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 6:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
angelinvestor:
Ogas in the house, My Infiniti FX35 threw up a code P1111 (Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid). I changed the oil and filter; and erased the code. After a while, the code P1111 came on again. Now, the car starts, revs itself and dies off immediately. My mech has tried changing both IVTs but it is still the same. I will appreciate any advice or tip from you all. Thanks.

My brother whether its the FX series or where its coming from I don't really know again oh.

How long have you had this car?

What state do you reside?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (86) (Reply)

Top 5 Signs Of A Bad Fuel Injector / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread / What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.