Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos (40261 Views)

Nizamiye Hospital Opens In Abuja(pictures) / Nigeria`s Best Hotel,Intercontinental Hotel, Designed By Nigerian Firms. / Shoprite Opens In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
is Hilton Hotel owned by Hilton Group in the US? Same with Sheraton and other hotels. It may be a franchise bought by a Nigerian with the same standards as the Intercontinental Hotel group.

I believe both Hilton and Sheraton hotels were nationalised in Nigeria in the 70s/80s or something; just like BP and other companies. I stand to be corrected, though.

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 1:58pm On Jun 09, 2013
Aigbofa:

No, I read you like a book, my friend.
So, juxtapose your comment with what you read.
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 1:59pm On Jun 09, 2013
ShyM-X:

I believe both Hilton and Sheraton hotels were nationalised in Nigeria in the 70s/80s or something; just like BP and other companies. I stand to be corrected, though.
My point is, even if this hotel is owned by the global group, there's always a Nigerian interest in it no matter how small.
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
Hotels do it a lot but their franchise is usually very expensive.

You can't franchise a multi-national company like that. You can create a subsidiary, but I doubt they'll allow the franchising of their name especially in a "virgin" territory.
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by gbanikiti(m): 2:03pm On Jun 09, 2013
Maybe Tinubu is a major shareholder in the hotel. just saying anyway!
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
My point is, even if this hotel is owned by the global group, there's always a Nigerian interest in it no matter how small.

An interest but definitely not the owner.

It seems Awolowo had something similar with Cocacola or Pepsi, but you and I know that the Awolowo family doesn't own the company.
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 09, 2013
How can you be the largest shareholder in a company that is still new to the Nigerian market? Heck, they haven't even opened "shop" yet. grin

Nigerians and their ridiculous and medieval thought process. FML!! grin
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Horus(m): 2:08pm On Jun 09, 2013

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by baby124: 2:08pm On Jun 09, 2013
I-B.:
Awesome.

How come it is taller than Ibadan's cocoa house that has 25 floors?

Cocoa house needs urgent care and structural assessment. I hope people are not using the place without inviting civil engineers to see if it needs repairs or structural upgrades. It looks solid though, but historical monuments should be better taken care of. The painting needs a touch up and it needs new windows. grin
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
Most skyscrapers in Nigeria are ugly. We don't have an eye for aesthetics. Have you seen the Sheraton hotel building in Abuja? it's as ugly as they come. This one is a breadth of fresh air.

Yeah, this one stands out.

I think two other skyscrapers in Lagos also look good. The one with the white horse and another one with a massive gsm mast on it.
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by IB5(f): 2:14pm On Jun 09, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^I think reference is being made to 'Hotels'.

Okay, but it was not specified at the part I highlighted.

ShyM-X:

Your Ibadan building needs some nice corrosive paint. grin

Abeg, pack well jor tongue

ShyM-X:

Glad to see Cocoa House still standing tall. wink
Now you are talking cool
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 09, 2013
I-B.:

Abeg, pack well jor tongue

Now you are talking cool

grin grin grin grin

Not hating on Ibadan, hun. You know I gatts 1/4 Ibadan blood flowing in my veins and I gatts love for Ibadan. Heck, I dream about amala and "see-keen" meat every night, truss. wink My momma is from there. tongue
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam,

Oi, please unban my "shymexx" handle, bruddah.
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nomski0(f): 2:49pm On Jun 09, 2013
Nice infrastructure.......but all this money spent could have been used on something better. We dont need these stuff.....at least not right now.
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 2:50pm On Jun 09, 2013
Nomski0: Nice infrastructure.......but all this money spent could have been used on something better. We dont need these stuff.....at least not right now.
Who's we? What's our business with what a business man chooses to do with his money?

4 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 09, 2013
Please allow me to diffuse the palpable tension before this thread derails into the hopeless depths of an ethno-tribal shooting match. Some quick facts:

The hotel is owned by some "Nigerianised" Indians and has nothing to do with Tinubu.

Hotels are typically a combination of real estate and management. In this case someone has invested in the building and will invite a reputable management company to manage the hotel based on agreed terms. So yes it is a tope of franchise but involves a while lot more a the building must conform to standards inside out.

Airlines (Arik Lagos London route); energy companies (power plants) and oil companies are a few other examples where an investor and operator can agree teems over am asset. Heck, the newly opened Lekki Ikoyi bridge is another Sterling example involving Lagos state & the operator.

Rest the arguments and sheath all swords!

4 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 3:08pm On Jun 09, 2013
DJTee: Please allow me to diffuse the palpable tension before this thread derails into the hopeless depths of an ethno-tribal shooting match. Some quick facts:

The hotel is owned by some "Nigerianised" Indians and has nothing to do with Tinubu.

Hotels are typically a combination of real estate and management. In this case someone has invested in the building and will invite a reputable management company to manage the hotel based on agreed terms. So yes it is a tope of franchise but involves a while lot more a the building must conform to standards inside out.

Airlines (Arik Lagos London route); energy companies (power plants) and oil companies are a few other examples where an investor and operator can agree teems over am asset. Heck, the newly opened Lekki Ikoyi bridge is another Sterling example involving Lagos state & the operator.

Rest the arguments and sheath all swords!

I was right afterall grin
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 09, 2013
@DJtee

Utter tosh as usual. I told you to stick to the turntables but you never listened. grin I'm about to reply your dumb post on the other thread.

Why would you want to "diffuse" tension, when you can "defuse" it? Scrap that - yours is a case of being unable to spell correctly. grin I'm your nemesis!!!! grin grin grin I'm about to Nadal ya ar.se - light it up!!!

2 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva:

I was right afterall grin

You're not right - the guy is just spewing tosh.

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by coolzeal(m): 3:55pm On Jun 09, 2013
I will lodge in that hotel when i come to Naija next month but if it is more than 200 dollars a night, i will pass-bye thanks..

2 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by wwwkaycom(m): 3:56pm On Jun 09, 2013
[quote author=Afam4eva]
Not every building is of the same height.

@topic
This is nice. We need to start dotting our skylines with skyscrapers.

Btw, who owns the hotel?[/quote
who own it ke? Jagaban of course!

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by wwwkaycom(m): 4:00pm On Jun 09, 2013
yelsew80: How's the hotel connected to Tinubu? Spill it.
The edifice ls wholly owned by the Jagaban of Africa.

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by wwwkaycom(m): 4:02pm On Jun 09, 2013
coolzeal: I will lodge in that hotel when i come to Naija next month but if it is more than 200 dollars a night, i will pass-bye thanks..
$600/night only, peace!
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Owodiong(m): 4:09pm On Jun 09, 2013
Welcome development
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by zerocool(m): 4:12pm On Jun 09, 2013
wwwkaycom:

$600/night only, peace!

Then as you check-out of the hotel, armed robbers will be waiting. Smh.
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by mickijoe: 4:12pm On Jun 09, 2013
is like individuals are taking the lead in Nigeria instead of Government. What a country? May God help our govt
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by AbuMikey(m): 4:13pm On Jun 09, 2013
Nice structure!!!
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by ifeT(m): 4:14pm On Jun 09, 2013
gbanikiti: Is the hotel located at Ozumba Mbadiwe?

Nice edifice! cool

It's on Kofo Abayomi
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by adexkem(m): 4:17pm On Jun 09, 2013
I don't want to know who owns it. Please how much is the room rate I want to lounge there whenever I visit Nigeria. Also use the opportunity to withdraw my applications from the mangers if possible.
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by EkoIle1: 4:18pm On Jun 09, 2013
Finally, another great and defining addition to the Lagos Lagos sky land and landscape.

lol @ the usual suspects and their Tinubu obsession. Lagos is fast moving ahead and other peoples shallow concerns is Tinubu as if it matters against the economic and employment benefits the people of Lagos are getting from this wonderful investment.

Eko no baje o....

2 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by zambelambe: 4:18pm On Jun 09, 2013
scipher: post a pic and lets see
Shut up
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by claremont(m): 4:28pm On Jun 09, 2013
Anyone got an idea of their room rates/website?! Nice initiative btw, I think this fits the bill of a genuine 5-star hotel.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jennifer Ukambomg Samuel Freed From Boko Haram / Kenneth Bitrus Yakubu, The Custodian Of Yakubu Andrew's $9.8million / Osun: Not All Data Was Transmitted When APC Obtained BVAS Server Report – INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.