Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos (40260 Views)

Nizamiye Hospital Opens In Abuja(pictures) / Nigeria`s Best Hotel,Intercontinental Hotel, Designed By Nigerian Firms. / Shoprite Opens In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva: That brings me to the question, what's the tallest building in NIgeria?

NECOM building....It's also the tallest concrete building in west africa

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by adoniza(m): 6:38pm On Jun 09, 2013
Looks nice mehn!

Am gon spend next weekend there for sure
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 09, 2013
speedyboi:

Nitel building sad
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_in_Nigeria
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by edoyad(m): 6:42pm On Jun 09, 2013
sheyie2007: Awesome... Meanwhile, northern leaders are still seeking amnesty for boko haram lipsrsealed
So funny I was thinking same as I read the story.
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 09, 2013
DJTee:
I pray the chap learns....and to this end, i strongly admonish:

Bertrand Russell said it best..."the whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and the wiser so full of doubts"

Learn from you, no?

You can't spell, for crying out loud. grin
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by MarcoP: 6:43pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
I thought they said he owned Oriental hotel. How can one person own two different hotels in the same city.

@ OP: how does this information help the case of hungry Nigerians...

Why not also reveal the other secrets that some of us already know...
Tinubu owns Oriental, SouthernSun Ikoyi, Rennaisance Alausa, Shoprites Lekki & Ikeja, Trojan Estate Ajah, Lekki Concesion Company, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge, Lekki Free trade Zone/Sea port, BRT, Eko Atlantic project, half of entire Banana Island, and many others scattered across Nigeria, USA and Dubai. In short he owns anything worth mentioning in Lagos, except those existing before he governed Lagos. No past governor has looted Lagos this bad. Go ask Jakande. The guy is a smooth crook, he uses friends/associates as fronts.

2 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 09, 2013
Stratosphere Abuja will be the tallest in Africa when completed... Carlton centre is currently the tallest in Africa (location: Johannesburg SA)
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by wwwkaycom(m): 6:45pm On Jun 09, 2013
coolzeal:
dude $600 for Naija, hell no!
pls convert N96k to $ and tell me what it is......
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 09, 2013
Nuzo':

Yea...I think the architectural design looks different and eye catching from others. Commendable!

However, its time for us to begin to understand that building upwards comes with loads of environmental, financial, managerial, health and social risks/challenges.
Places like Hongkong, New york, Shanghai built upwards cos of lack of space.

In architecture, urban and regional planning, its advised to first put into consideration SPACE when planning.

I hear that. And I occur.

However, I think it has more to do with the land mass. It seems Lagos state has the smallest land mass in Nigeria(999.6 km² according to google) and it's also the most densely populated. I guess that's why it's a necessity to build upwards.
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by toolovely(m): 6:47pm On Jun 09, 2013
gbanikiti: Is the hotel located at Ozumba Mbadiwe?

Nice edifice! cool

Kofo Abayomi
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Eddy2cute(m): 6:50pm On Jun 09, 2013
menn d hotel is beautiful
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Eddy2cute(m): 6:52pm On Jun 09, 2013
speedyboi:

were is it located
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Kalamaya: 6:59pm On Jun 09, 2013
I love their service and hitech display...i use to have a permanent room in the intercontinental in Vienna. Johannagasse. Still my best business hook-up joint,i'll Make up time to see this Lagos edifice. Multi-million dollars biz is best done in the intercontinental. I love it
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Afolabs101: 7:07pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
I thought they said he owned Oriental hotel. How can one person own two different hotels in the same city.

WEMPCO Group own oriental, Tinubu just helped them with the permits etc.

@Post: you build the tallest hotel on Africa on such a small plot??

They should have built something that high on a larger and more appropriate piece of land

2 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by tutaboi(m): 7:11pm On Jun 09, 2013
wonderful
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by MAYOWAAK: 7:17pm On Jun 09, 2013
Eddy2cute: were is it located

I5 Marina Lagos
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 09, 2013
Eko Ile:

Do you know how to read and comprehend?

just leave me alone
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Valto(m): 7:33pm On Jun 09, 2013
lovely looking hotel... hope i can afford it.
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by bobthebuilder99(m): 7:38pm On Jun 09, 2013
Marco-P :

@ OP: how does this information help the case of hungry Nigerians...

Why not also reveal the other secrets that some of us already know...
Tinubu owns Oriental, SouthernSun Ikoyi, Rennaisance Alausa, Shoprites Lekki & Ikeja, Trojan Estate Ajah, Lekki Concesion Company, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge, Lekki Free trade Zone/Sea port, BRT, Eko Atlantic project, half of entire Banana Island, and many others scattered across Nigeria, USA and Dubai. In short he owns anything worth mentioning in Lagos, except those existing before he governed Lagos. No past governor has looted Lagos this bad. Go ask Jakande. The guy is a smooth crook, he uses friends/associates as fronts.

He also owns the ocean.

5 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Horus(m): 7:49pm On Jun 09, 2013
sheyie2007: Stratosphere Abuja will be the tallest in Africa when completed...

Any pictures of the constructions of this tower?
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by soledayo(m): 7:49pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
Did you not realise that everything about Tinubu has continental as in TELEVISION CONTINENTAL (TVC CHANNEL), oriental Hotel and now intercontinental Hotel. They are all ...nental. Soon it will be Kolomental.
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by tlops(m): 7:54pm On Jun 09, 2013
ShyM-X:

You can't franchise a multi-national company like that. You can create a subsidiary, but I doubt they'll allow the franchising of their name especially in a "virgin" territory.

Intercontinental hotel is not new in Nigeria. May be the real one is new, I don't know. There use to be one at Toyin/Allen junction in Ikeja as far back as 2005. I do not know if its still there or they are related.

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by ajetunblog(m): 7:55pm On Jun 09, 2013
Aigbofa:

How do you say Eko o ni baje in Chinese? I just want to hear what it sounds like.

拉各斯不会破坏 , Lā gè sī bù huì pòhuài

2 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by seanbenito: 8:03pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva: That brings me to the question, what's the tallest building in NIgeria?

Tallest building in Nigeria is Union Bank head office in Marina, Lagos.
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 09, 2013
Horus:

Any pictures of the constructions of this tower?

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by Dickmanosky(m): 8:09pm On Jun 09, 2013
A good investment that will create a solid job opportunity for the nigerian graduates.
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by ajetunblog(m): 8:12pm On Jun 09, 2013
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by macmek: 8:24pm On Jun 09, 2013
mike404: I heard it from a reliable source
Like the wife? Please stop spreading rumours.
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by fatherab1: 8:30pm On Jun 09, 2013

Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by komek(m): 8:37pm On Jun 09, 2013
gbanikiti: Is the hotel located at Ozumba Mbadiwe?

Nice edifice! cool
Berem, how many nairaland identity do u have o. Off Toyin guy.

The hotel is located at Mbadiwe Ozumba... Lol
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by farem: 9:00pm On Jun 09, 2013
ShyM-X:

I think the British company, InterContinental Hotels Group plc., owns it.

They have similar structures in over 60 countries.
[color=#990000]
I just need to thank you for this brilliant response.
Reference to Tinubu by some people confirms there are some inferior heads on NL. Can they ever think to somebody else? Does that mean their clans are that doomed and excluded from doing feats in this life?
Re: Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos by farem: 9:39pm On Jun 09, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
bobthebuilder99:

He also owns the ocean.
[color=#990000]
And the Sun!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill Igboke Ewa (Traditional Ruler) In Ebonyi (Photo) / Jennifer Ukambomg Samuel Freed From Boko Haram / Kenneth Bitrus Yakubu, The Custodian Of Yakubu Andrew's $9.8million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.