Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie (30243 Views)

Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie / 9ice Calls for Annulment of APC Rep Primaries In Ogbomosho North / June 12 Annulment: How Has Nigeria Fared? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 12, 2013
Hmmm...though June 12 was a free and fair election but Abiola had his hands soiled with atrocities. He who killed by the sword would die by the sword.
He sponsored many coups even against a democratic elected govt of Shagari. If Abiola and co had not interrupted democracy with that coup, our democracy would have been 34yrs by now. So, what's the fuse about June 12? He sank a ship of bibles...can a man sink the word of God(the word of God is God) and still stand? Abiola paid for his sins. It's just unfortunate for him to see the seat of authority and never sat on it.

2 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Lordlexy: 11:19am On Jun 12, 2013
outsifred: By all means without intent of perjury Abiola should not be celebrated as a national icon or hero. Lets call a spade a spade abiola was a sponsor to coup plotters.

I wonder by what standard we declare or celebrate people as icon or hero in this country. Others that should not be celebrated as icon include but not limited to the following. Ojukwu, general murtala Mohammed etc
personaly i'm not is fan, but trut be told, n tat is he won d election n should be crown. Tis is democracy, n we must learn 2 separate his person from wat was obtainable. It is evident tat he was involved in many shady deals in d past but no one had deem it fit 2 bring any charge against him until after he was declared winner. Wat ever we say against tis man is tantamouse 2 hypocrisy on our part to allow a supposed criminal 2 even stand 4 an election.
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Lordlexy: 11:19am On Jun 12, 2013
osifred: By all means without intent of perjury Abiola should not be celebrated as a national icon or hero. Lets call a spade a spade abiola was a sponsor to coup plotters.

I wonder by what standard we declare or celebrate people as icon or hero in this country. Others that should not be celebrated as icon include but not limited to the following. Ojukwu, general murtala Mohammed etc
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by adexkem(m): 11:23am On Jun 12, 2013
ActiveMan: WHO IS MKO?

WHAT LEGACY HAS HE LEFT BEHIND FOR US?

WHAT ARE HIS ACHIEVEMENT THAT IS AFFECTING THE ORDINARY NIGERIANS?

IS MKO MORE BETTER THAN AWOLOWO?

WAS HE THE ONLY ONE THAT WAS KILL FOR DEMOCRACY?

WHAT ASSURANCE DO WE HAVE THAT NIGERIA WILL BE MORE BETTER THAN THIS IF HE BECOMES THE PRESIDENT?
First am sorry to all that is brainwash by MKO followers. The world only celebrate achievement not assumption. Madela, Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther king amongst others are celebrate for their achievement not what people assumes they will accomplish. MKO is celebrate today because it is assumed that a Nigeria for all could be realistic; which might not because human heart is deceptive, such is the case of OBJ. Everyone were happy that our son who almost visit hell and was revive will understand how masses fell ; and deliver to people expectations. But reality today is, he is one of the big oga at the top that is killing this country. I pray may God open our eyes to see and ready beyond what MKO followers want us to believe.
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 12, 2013
It annoys me when ignorant posters use Abacha's name as a benchmark to compare poor governance.

Abacha was one of the best leaders Nigeria or Africa has ever had.

For poor governments use Babangida's regime, and Obasanjo's administration or even just PDP as bench marks for measuring extremely poor governance.

2 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by tabontabon: 11:28am On Jun 12, 2013
If the june 12 annulment & death of abiola are payment for his political sins.Then,obasanjo's rise to democratic power and pillaging of our collective resources since then by his cronies is a reward for his GOOD DEEDS.While,d death of Shehu musa yaradua in Abacha's gulag is also a reward for his SINS.
All over the world,politics is a game of dirth and deaths.
If people and countries should be punished for their political sins,the USA,UK,FRANCE cum their past presidents and security chiefs should be in ruin by now for their deadly(assasination,coup sponsoring) interference in world politics.There are allegations that d CIA & sister agencies once aided drug smuggling to support their foreign operations. Meaning there is no SAINTHOOD in politics.

1 Like

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by max1113(m): 11:28am On Jun 12, 2013
Sec5: Those celebrating this man "hear ye the world of truth".Though they are just pretending to love mko as usual with that tribe as epitomized by the MAULAG saga
Thank you sir!!!
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by chizel: 11:29am On Jun 12, 2013
The truth is bitter but must be told.abiola deserves wht he got and I know that he is already in hell fire
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by konami001: 11:30am On Jun 12, 2013
Religion na politics == VERY DIRTY GAMES!
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Burger01(m): 11:32am On Jun 12, 2013
Trash!!

sad
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Efikman(m): 11:32am On Jun 12, 2013
YES. ABIOLA PAID FOR HIS VARIOUS SINS AGAINST THE NIGERIAN STATE.
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by yhemster(m): 11:34am On Jun 12, 2013
There is always two side or more to every stories, the Senator has spoken his side of the story. I will like to hear any objection to this story if there is any, and most preferably I will like to hear the truth from the horse mouth - IBB. Mr Past President, can please to tell us the reasons for ur action on June 12 1993? As a fellow businessman, I will advise to write a book, am sure you will not have problem selling at least 100 million copies.

In addition, Am glad the electoral college Agenda was not successful. If not the system will only favors the north as they claim to be more populated than other part of the country. And most we copy everything they do in America?
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Lifebender(m): 11:35am On Jun 12, 2013
Maradona IBB d baddest player....hehehehehe.y did MA play d game of football wit maragoalnacheesycheesycheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by jpphilips(m): 11:35am On Jun 12, 2013
Afam4eva: Whether it was a payment of his evil deeds does not distort the fact that he won the election and ought to be crowned. If the Nigerian populace decide to vote in satan as their president, who are we argue otherwise. We're in a democracy.

That is not the point, the point is that the Nigerian people were bereft of credible options due to MKO's corrupt alliance. omehia schemed out Amechi and won, he was crowned in the end, but does it justify the unlevel playground that produced him? focus on the playground not the players

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by global07(m): 11:36am On Jun 12, 2013
Infoman51: Senator mumu
Abi na you be the big mumu.
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by 2innocent(m): 11:37am On Jun 12, 2013
Afam4eva: Whether it was a payment of his evil deeds does not distort the fact that he won the election and ought to be crowned. If the Nigerian populace decide to vote in satan as their president, who are we argue otherwise. We're in a democracy.
u are right both he got d pay for his evil deeds, he was instrumental to d disqualification of others, n he got d fruit of what he sowed. ITS NO BODY'S FAULT U KNW,ITS ALL ABOUT REAPING WHAT U SOR
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by druid06(m): 11:38am On Jun 12, 2013
Idi Amin: bros, u hav a point but pls check ur grammar next time undecided

Is your English grammar better than the man who you quoted? So far the average nairlander understands what his points are, it's okay for me.
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by otokx(m): 11:38am On Jun 12, 2013
Fela Anikulapo Kuti - sang of Abiola, Yar Adua and Obasanjo, said they did lots of evil.
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by DeepSight(m): 11:39am On Jun 12, 2013
tabontabon: If the june 12 annulment & death of abiola are payment for his political sins.Then,obasanjo's rise to democratic power and pillaging of our collective resources since then by his cronies is a reward for his GOOD DEEDS.While,d death of Shehu musa yaradua in Abacha's gulag is also a reward for his SINS.
All over the world,politics is a game of dirth and deaths.
If people and countries should be punished for their political sins,the USA,UK,FRANCE cum their past presidents and security chiefs should be in ruin by now for their deadly(assasination,coup sponsoring) interference in world politics.There are allegations that d CIA & sister agencies once aided drug smuggling to support their foreign operations. Meaning there is no SAINTHOOD in politics.

SENSIBLE.
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by newtoneni(m): 11:40am On Jun 12, 2013
Pls we should know that the annulment of june 12 was divine how could mko Abiola use baba gana k. as his running mate? muslem/ moslem and u don't expect divine obstruction to take place? lagos state has declared today a public holiday good... but when the President GEJ changed UNILAG to MULAG fashola (Gov) sponsored students to vehemently kick against what a paradox? so i strongly believe today is not to be celebrated as democracy day.... BUT i am celebrating today because the greatest Prophet of our Time is Born... is Name is Prophet T.B. JOSHUA may JESUS CHRIST continue to increase YOU:

4 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by druid06(m): 11:41am On Jun 12, 2013
Idi Amin: bros, u hav a point but pls check ur grammar next time undecided

Is your English grammar better than the man who you quoted? Do they write the English Language in shorthard as you've written yours? Do you know how many errors you've commited just from the simple sentence above. Nigerians with our inferiority complex, thinking we're better than others sometimes. So far the average Joe understands what his points are, I'm okay with it.
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by francis4real(m): 11:41am On Jun 12, 2013
The wages of sin is dead I hope Yoruba's will learn from their past mistakes & stop them selfs being enslaves to the northerners. Abiola was killed by their mentors, yet Tiefnubu & co still agitating to énslave their pple to the Aboki's again . A WORLD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE

2 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Balkan(m): 11:46am On Jun 12, 2013
234GT: Well said senator. MKO never got his wealth through legitimate means. He was a thief and everyone knew that. His reign could even have been worse than Abacha`s rule.
You never know the true character of a man until you entrust him with power.
And probably, God was trying to protect Nigerians from the kleptomanic tendencies of MKO.
Name one Yoruba rich man today that did not still from the government before being rich. They all end up shamefully. I cant even remember any of his investments that is still alive today.

Thanks my senetor, though this came quite a bit too late.
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by jpphilips(m): 11:47am On Jun 12, 2013
aremed: Everybody has history,mko might av done somtin bad,but he was generous to nigerians...wat has dis useless man done....stupid talk....bastard

he was luring Nigerians to the booth not generosity of any form, the English man calls it "bribe"
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by luvinhubby(m): 11:52am On Jun 12, 2013
misterh: Abeg shey na true say MKO sank a shipload of bibles?
Go & ask Gideons International, they will confirm it to you.
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by emmasege: 11:53am On Jun 12, 2013
I cannot agree with u less Baba that MKO was not God-ordained for Nigeria. This was what OBJ said some years ago, and some unreasonable folks asked for his head. They (ruling class)know themselves more than we do, including their dirty deals. Why should i worry for a man who reportedly sank a ship load of the Holy Bible and whose bigotry was obvious for everyone who had eyes to see. Take it or leave it, MKO did not die in jail because he so much loved our dear country, rather his selfish ambition propelled him to an untimely grave.

2 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 12, 2013
What is this nonsense about sinking a ship filled with bibles?

LOL...

And we have adults who believe this "dem-say" story?

Na wa.
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by redsun(m): 11:54am On Jun 12, 2013
What about ITT magomago that he mastermind?A system that could have digitally connected africa to the world in the 80s.He and his cohorts like obj ground it all because the money they can steal,while the people remain blind and informed.

His evil seems to be the reason why his businesses crumbled and withered away like grass when he passed on.No evil person escapes the inevitable hand of justice unscathed.
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by akinnux(m): 11:54am On Jun 12, 2013
The Senator is an educated illiterate, mixing up the issue of Abiola personality and past deeds with an event that was credible and flawless. The fact is June 12 election is more than Abiola personality. It is even beyond politicians and the military juntas involved. It is about our sacred mandate as Nigerian which was willfully destroyed. The annulment of the election was tantamount to killing a newborn baby because the parents have committed murder in the past which can never be justified.

2 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by fabregas04(m): 11:55am On Jun 12, 2013
yhemster: There is always two side or more to every stories, the Senator has spoken his side of the story. I will like to hear any objection to this story if there is any, and most preferably I will like to hear the truth from the horse mouth - IBB. Mr Past President, can please to tell us the reasons for ur action on June 12 1993?
fellow, u don't need any objection to dis open-secret, we were told by our parents of various atrocities committed by MKO. D annulment was divine regardless of wether he won d election or not. God served him right. Thnk God he never got to dat seat, he was a calamity in waiting. "Man proposes, God disposes"
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by misterh(m): 11:55am On Jun 12, 2013
newton eni: Pls we should know that the annulment of june 12 was divine how could mko Abiola use baba gana k. as his running mate? muslem/ moslem and u don't expect divine obstruction to take place? lagos state has declared today a public holiday good... but when the President GEJ changed UNILAG to MULAG fashola (Gov) sponsored students to vehemently kick against what a paradox? so i strongly believe today is not to be celebrated as democracy day.... BUT i am celebrating today because the greatest Prophet of our Time is Born... is Name is Prophet T.B. JOSHUA may JESUS CHRIST continue to increase YOU:
Pls get your facts right. The gov did not sponsor the students. The protest was spontenous. The students did not want the name of their school changed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rahama Indimi Babangida Looks Lovely In New Photos / NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Walter Onnoghen Compulsorily Over $1.7m Cash / "How We Removed Jonathan" - Tinubu Writing A Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.