Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie (30241 Views)

Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie / 9ice Calls for Annulment of APC Rep Primaries In Ogbomosho North / June 12 Annulment: How Has Nigeria Fared? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by VoltaireQ: 4:44pm On Jun 12, 2013
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by hajieazi(m): 4:51pm On Jun 12, 2013
baba ireti: Even the international community recognised him as a GREAT MAN,while the Masses saw him as kindhearted,the sports lovers called him pillar,the Universities labeled him Benefactor,hence the Electorates believed he was the choice candidate,and then the best President Nigeria never had.RIP in peace Abiola,Good bye to a good MAN.
And to the envious old fool Senator,what have you done to improve the lives of those in your community let alone talking of your State and the entire Nation? nothing,nothing,absolutely nothing other than casting aspersion on the personality of others.

May God Bless you my brother>
Am fulfilled.
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by hajieazi(m): 4:59pm On Jun 12, 2013
Femsyn: I've said it without number, I even challenged Dele Momodu (his puppet) last year June 12 on twitter when d fool was comparing MKO with Martin Luther King Jr... What comparison!! What insult on d enigma called Martin Luther King Jr!! MKO was like any other rich man looking for power to consolidate his wealth... Dats all.. Selfish interest and unfortunately, just like any political quest, turned awry for him. Hence, he should be a hero??

What's d guarantee he'd be a great president, if he had been sworn in
Meanwhile, I'm nt in support of the annulment irrespective of who was cheated, but Karma is a bitch!!

am sure you're a minor when MKO died. I'll advise you to read various books about this great man. Nigerians are more obessed with foreign journals and books, instead of reading reach historical journals about great Nigerian men and women... Some would rather be relying on statements from the likes of Sen Rowland Owei, an Abacha apologist.
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by luvmijeje(f): 5:04pm On Jun 12, 2013
June 12 is not just about M.K.O, it's about some group of people who didn't respect our votes. Who didn't respect our right to choice.
June 12 would have been a begining of attaining nationhood for us if not for some stupid set of people.
If not for June 12, by extension thousand of people that died for it, there will be no democracy today.
June 12 is the real democracy day and it should be honour as such whether M.K.O is a devil or not.

1 Like

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by hajieazi(m): 5:15pm On Jun 12, 2013
lastpage:

Aaah! Why must you display IGNORANCE (and probably bigotry!) sooo OPENLY!
What if your children come to read this puerile nonsense you wrote here in the future?
What will be their opinion of you nitwit?

How can Abiola use FORCE to BUY a traditional title?
Who did he kill (using force!) or attack to get crowned as Aare Onakakanfo?

If you assert that his riches was "influential" to his selection to that title, ....fine, those who gave him also know that there are loads of benefit accruing to that office and people who supported it, from having an enigma like Abiola in that post!
They saw your Dad there ....but ignored him ... and chose Abiola! grin grin grin

Abiola may have been very rich (and that is not a crime) but he had a very large heart ...which people appreciate!
Imagine if all Nigerian "Rich men" (or even a quarter!) had the kind of heart Abiola has?
You think Poverty will be so pervasive in our environment, as it is today?

Hmmm, "Pretend to Die and see what people will say about you".

Lastpage!

Thank you. I pity the coming generations. A generation of people that don't read to pass exams,don't read papers except sports journals, a generation without a reading culture. What a pity!

1 Like

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by jimino(m): 5:51pm On Jun 12, 2013
Adekay2011: Yes. U are right. But that is not thethe main sin he sank a ship
loaded with bibles
my broda tank u. U ri8 on point. Dat was d worse tin abiola did and he paid dearly 4 it. Imagine if he had bcome d presidnt, xtian in nigeria would hv be forced out or killed. And his vice was a muslim as well, dey would hv turn nigeria 2 an islamic nation. I dnt feel any atom of pain or sympaty 2 all tin dat happen 2 him til 2mrw.
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Mylove55(f): 5:53pm On Jun 12, 2013
Even if he is satan,nigerian voted 4 him,please let people vote count,i never like mko because he play a big role to denial my mentor(awolowo) who was a president nigeria never had,but GOD knows how to pay anybody,but not by stealing people mandate,d same way jang steal amaechi mandate.if anyone wins election,give him,what is d gain of america to have kill him.
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by sunch(m): 6:03pm On Jun 12, 2013
teniyi: Please, who born this Senator?
my people no hide to say the truth. He represent edo south senatorial district
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by bootlegaz: 6:04pm On Jun 12, 2013
dridowu: its a free world, not evribody will like me,my parent,, Fela anikulapo Kuti, u , etc. But d late man still remain an icon in Nigeria
He can only be an icon to the docile not me. In the land of the blind, a one eye man is the king. Fela knew him more than you and I, Awo knew he was an opportunist. I use to reason like you at age 12 and this was before the advent of internet. Stop been lazy, do some research on your hero and then you will truly understand why his own son Kola never give a 2 fhuck about him. After all the june 12 bruhaha, Kola went ahead to date IBBs daughter. How embarrassing can that be?
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by bootlegaz: 6:08pm On Jun 12, 2013
Nigerians voted for him cause there were limited choices, he has the charisma, wealthy philanthropist, and the masses does not understand democracy back then,after military dictatorship.
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 12, 2013
clint77ng: It could have been 1979 if not for MKO.
1979 elections was not free and fair !!! Shagari was rigged in !!!

Nigerians were denied MKO Abiola on. The people chosen Leader !!!

Nigerians chose Abiola to preside on them but IBB denied their democratic elected President !!!
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Bomi(m): 6:50pm On Jun 12, 2013
Nigerians! Nairalander please let us learn, Nigeria can not grow when we refuse to reason beyond what we are told! Awolowo was lambasted and even in the mind of easterners He should have been tried in International Court for war crime. He is not an Army officer please take note. Senator Owie is economical with the true or he did not know what he is talking about! When he was a senator I was a PA to Fagbamigbe- House of Representative from Akure South before joining the Navy after escaping the mayhem that occur in 1983 in Akure. Reason these out by yourself and judge Abiola putting yourself in his position;
1. Military does not discuss issue of coup plotting with civilian no matter highly place he was because is a matter of life and death. Exception is the Orkar coup due to the fact that they were unable to use military armament without letting the cat out of the bag.
Abiola never partake or receive any appointment from any government, the company he work for has acontract from the government just like every other Nigeria living or dead.
Finally, no justifiable has been given for annulling June 12. It was highjack by opportunist calling themselves NADECO.
Please let us share information and not rumour or propaganda. Abiola cut across all part of this nation, cut across religion and tribe. No living Nigeria can beat Abiola in a free and fair election then.
It is sad when Nigerians poor one for that matter reason like this then no hope of redemption for the country

1 Like

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by coputa(m): 7:04pm On Jun 12, 2013
How can you separate the man from the events....they are inseparable,one maketh the other...
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by lockedOut: 7:13pm On Jun 12, 2013
Laughing at your points here, here is a man who is not here to defend himself and you said stories. I wonder where you got this your street story of you heard he masterminded the sinking of ship carrying bibles. The same person that quotes the bible? He was not a perfect man no doubt. Abiola may be dead but yet Nigeria has suffered more for that singular decision. If going by the same thoughts then Nigeria also will continue to suffer because our government annulled a free and fair election!

DailyNews: I learnt that he was a religious fanatic, and fought ruthlessly against Christianity in Nigeria!

Learnt he masterminded the sinking of a ship carrying Holy Bible!

And truly from stories I have read about him, he was a civilian military general working with the military guys to climb to power!

Now I see why he failed. But I liked him then based on my shrewd perception then.

Anyway, RIP MKO, at least, your name is in the history of Nigeria.
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 12, 2013
Karma has not stopped dealing with Abiola. This is why the same ppl celebrating him today, are the same ppl that opposed the renaming of Unilag after him.

1 Like

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by dridowu: 7:58pm On Jun 12, 2013
bootlegaz:
He can only be an icon to the docile not me. In the land of the blind, a one eye man is the king. Fela knew him more than you and I, Awo knew he was an opportunist. I use to reason like you at age 12 and this was before the advent of internet. Stop been lazy, do some research on your hero and then you will truly understand why his own son Kola never give a 2 fhuck about him. After all the june 12 bruhaha, Kola went ahead to date IBBs daughter. How embarrassing can that be?
hhhhmmmmm, ur icon cannot be my icon and also vice versa but in Nigeria as @ today the man is an icon. Peace
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by SailorXY: 7:59pm On Jun 12, 2013
Dead, dead, dead, buried & long gone to dust #dazall
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by SirVee(m): 8:15pm On Jun 12, 2013
teniyi: Please, who born this Senator?
This guy is talking crap. 'Let him who has no sin cast the first stone'.
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by feelxp(m): 8:38pm On Jun 12, 2013
Infoman51: Senator mumu
u dot av respect 4 ur fada dat is y u called man old enof 2 b ur father 'mumu'
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by bigtt76(f): 9:01pm On Jun 12, 2013
Old news ...abeg 2nd bass jaare. Looking for relevance.
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Sunshineville(m): 9:14pm On Jun 12, 2013
chidindufrank: An elder has spoken,who am I to question the words of wisdom? The truth keeps coming out because some major players of yesterday aren't dead yet. This Baba is and was not in support of the annulment but,from an elder's perspective,he insists the annulment was the reward sins paid.
I hear u oga more
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by LordStv: 9:26pm On Jun 12, 2013
Y d name mumu?their is an elemnt of truth in wat he's sayin.
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by pazienza(m): 9:40pm On Jun 12, 2013
osifred: By all means without intent of perjury Abiola should not be celebrated as a national icon or hero. Lets call a spade a spade abiola was a sponsor to coup plotters.

I wonder by what standard we declare or celebrate people as icon or hero in this country. Others that should not be celebrated as icon include but not limited to the following. Ojukwu, general murtala Mohammed etc

May thunder fire those fingers u used to type Ojukwu. Yeye ogba man.
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by pazienza(m): 9:54pm On Jun 12, 2013
Afam4eva: Whether it was a payment of his evil deeds does not distort the fact that he won the election and ought to be crowned. If the Nigerian populace decide to vote in satan as their president, who are we argue otherwise. We're in a democracy.

Thank you. This is the koko of the matter.

The man was politically savvy,was able to out smart all his political foes,politics is a dirty game,it's not like his vanquished foes were clean,they were all dirty and played dirty,so people should spare us the karma rubbish.

Abiola won an election,whether he was a rogue,an evil man or whatever is but this old man's personal opinion, he was not convicted by any court in the land of any crime,and the Nigerian people,who were the ultimate judges,found him worthy to be their president.
Everyother talk like the rubbish this man is spewing is but beer parlour talk.

There is simply no justification for the annulment of abiola's victory,all that was involved in that act of shame should not be moving freely amongst us,they should be behind bars, nonsense!

1 Like

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by ikennahill: 10:33pm On Jun 12, 2013
Afam4eva: Whether it was a payment of his evil deeds does not distort the fact that he won the election and ought to be crowned. If the Nigerian populace decide to vote in satan as their president, who are we argue otherwise. We're in a democracy.

yeah that is the truth but it is God that decides the affairs of men.The man changed a lot of legitimate governments in Africa and the world.He made money stained in some peoples blood.He was not the best candidate but at that time Nigerians want military to go.Officially too ,he did not win any election.The man was pushed out to die by some of his people and they left him,all he get is newspaper adverts on june 12 and unveiling of his statue.I believe what the senator said and it is the GOSPEL TRUTH,though I don't know if it was punishment or a reward from the Almighty.what goes round always come around.any lesson for our present leaders?
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by AMACRITY(f): 11:14pm On Jun 12, 2013
Tell them the truth my senator.
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by pcnwamadi(m): 11:17pm On Jun 12, 2013
Man is held accountable for his actions and inactions through the immutable laws of nature, whether he wills it or not..
At a time in history, the late M.K.O. Abiola ordered the sinking of three million copies of the Bible in the high sea. The container load of the holy book was bound for Nigeria when he used his influence to seize and destroy them.
And you tink God will compensate Him wit Presidency? He was definetly dreaming.. He faced the wrath of God 1st here on Earth, and am sure he is facing d remainin in d afta life.. Good radiance to bad rubish..
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Giddyprance(m): 12:56am On Jun 13, 2013
Afrocatalyst: The truth is a lot of us Nigerians were inexperienced in d workings of a democratic govt as at that time. We only wanted a ray of hope that we were starting somtin beta dan militarian style of govt. Abiola was nt a clean man,dat we know,even then bt we had a choice to make as a nation,which had nt happened prior to dat time. And we made it. That's d point here,WE MADE A CHOICE. Show me an innocent man and I'll show you Jesus. No man is innocent and as such,karma catches up wit us all depending on how long enuff we live to experience it. Pls senator,let the dead have peace. We mark dis day nt because of the man nor his character as a man which was highly questionable,bt we mark dis day becos it was d first time we,as a nation, made a choice that we could say was fair to our votes. It was d day our votes counted, it was d day WE MADE A CHOICE.
A choice is not a choice when it is indirectly imposed.Through his manipulative connival with the military to streamline the options we had,leaving him at the forefront,he left us no better choice.so, U CANT CATEGORICALLY SAY WE MADE A CHOICE
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by aligee9: 6:31am On Jun 13, 2013
all the facts are coming out now
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by WuzilistiQ(m): 6:52am On Jun 13, 2013
Nigeria paid for underground cables, we got overhead cables, tho' it is best for our kind of lazy engineering, cos I see the case of water works dying in our very eyes with no underground provisions, but they paid money for underground connections with a provision for the construction of good tunnels tht would have suited the type of electricity that was designed, but he gave us overhead cables, if the senator was lying then what did fela say about Abiola? The truth is always hard to digest, the only hero I know is JESUS to me; other religions should hold their prophets as their heroes.
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by clint77ng: 7:17am On Jun 13, 2013
You may say all sorts of things about June 12, the freest election, Nigerians voted enmass, the best candidate won, moslem-moslem ticket but one thing clear here is that June 12 election wasn't fair. Prior to this election many political parties and so many capable politicians were banned.
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Nobody: 7:42am On Jun 13, 2013
pazienza:

Thank you. This is the koko of the matter.

The man was politically savvy,was able to out smart all his political foes,politics is a dirty game,it's not like his vanquished foes were clean,they were all dirty and played dirty,so people should spare us the karma rubbish.

Abiola won an election,whether he was a rogue,an evil man or whatever is but this old man's personal opinion, he was not convicted by any court in the land of any crime,and the Nigerian people,who were the ultimate judges,found him worthy to be their president.
Everyother talk like the rubbish this man is spewing is but beer parlour talk.

There is simply no justification for the annulment of abiola's victory,all that was involved in that act of shame should not be moving freely amongst us,they should be behind bars, nonsense!

Is this Pazienza? grin

You're bang on the money sir. If we cheer the annulment of the June 12 election, why do we now vilify Babangida?

If we think the June 12 annulment was no injustice to the Nigerian state and was a missed chance for unity, I don't see much wrong Babangida did then. Yeah, he embezzled, destroyed the economy and all that. Our leaders still do all that in varying degrees till today.

So I ask what makes Babangida evil and different from our current leaders if june 12 annulment was a correct call??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory / Buhari: Why I Trekked 800 Meters In Daura - President Reveals / Why Wike Halted Impeachment Plot Against Governor Fubara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.