Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? (59605 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? / What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? / What The Bible Say About Sports! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by stuhporh: 11:26am On Jun 18, 2013
frosbel:

Brother, as I have often said, I forgive your Apostolic faith church for almost killing me by suggesting that the taking of medicine is a sin. I can tell you how many people have died because of this sort of fanaticism being propagated by your church.

- When your church was preaching this lie, were they led by the Holy Spirit ?

- Is it the Holy Spirit that has led your pastors to be called reverend ?

- Is it the Holy Spirit that has led your leadership top insist that members only marry within the church ?

Let me tell you something you do not know, Jesus Christ did not come down to set rules and regulations, he came to show us the father and set us free from the bondage of Pharisees like you and the likes.

Again,frosbell, you probably would do well as a teacher.
In mathew 5:17 Jesus said "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them"
So what are you talking about. Jesus Christ simply came to show us how to stay by the rules and regulations using the grace of GOD by the death of Jesus Christ on the cross.
The pastors have been wrong to tell you not to go to hospitals. but that is his belief based on the relationship he ha with GOD. why did you follow him to believe that when you know you faith in GOD o r your belief is shallow. Next time go to the hospital and pray to GOD for healing. GOD is not a magician, and try to stop all these misleading statement bro

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Isiboy(m): 11:27am On Jun 18, 2013
frosbel:

illiteracy at it's peak .

Do you know that there are female trousers and male trousers ?

SMH.

i knew u were going 2 counter dats y i quoted titus 3:9.

@ slendyMEE
be wise. Is it d attachment dat makes ur hair humble?

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by MostHigh: 11:27am On Jun 18, 2013
Bidam: grin are you subscribing to your wife dressing in provocative outfits? the likes of okeyzz will look at her twice if he knows she is your wife.

LWTMB grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by alexleo(m): 11:29am On Jun 18, 2013
stuhporh:

You like to write i guess

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." - [b]Galatians 5:1

"You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of human beings." - 1 Corinthians 7:23[/b]
Sir, you know not the meanings of the bible. you read the bible as the regular man. what you quoted above as a deeper meaning. "Slavery" in the verse means sin. In other words. do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of sin. You are not ripe enough. go back to your bible and read with holy spirit inspiration.

You ve told him the truth. The guy interprets the bible with his brain without consulting the Holy Spirit. His pride cannot allow him to consult the Holy Spirit because he feels he knows it all. Quite a pity.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by MostHigh: 11:30am On Jun 18, 2013
frosbel: [size=14pt]For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery - Galatians 5:1[/size]

Its always about Paul for you never about yashau.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by stuhporh: 11:31am On Jun 18, 2013
frosbel:

I don't care what was regarded as SIN in the 70s and 80s, what I care about is what the word of GOD says is SIN.

Indeed, I have met many so called Holy people who dress like angels but they have the temper of a volcano, they cheat, commit fraud, steal, gossip etc and cover all their wretchedness with good dress as dictated to them by their cult.

This is the word of GOD to such people :

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean." - Matthew 23:27

Did you see that ? Jesus said outside they look all nice and beautiful with their priestly garments covering from head to toe, but yet they were the most wicked and vile of all men.

Let me repeat, work on your heart, if your heart is with GOD it will show in your outward conduct.

I give you an example nearer to home. There is a guy here who belongs to a so called Holy Holy church where outward dress has to be almost angelic, yet he has heaped abuse on a lot of people on this forum including me , using expletives that Jesus will never condone.

Go figure.

smiley

Frosbel, you make absolute sense in this one!!!!!!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by emorse(m): 11:32am On Jun 18, 2013
trolling: lol grin i just didnt wanna respond to that fool,,and yes i said fool, love your response cool
#lol#
I was actually enjoying your arguements before this. You just went and spoilt everything like a helpless small child. Know this. You have no right to condemn any man. You won't be standing at the gate screening people on that day. Sorry bro, I never intended for this arguement to expose your sheer ignorance. It was supposed to help us learn from eachother. I understand though. My kid bro used to be like you. But guess what- he grew up!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by alexleo(m): 11:34am On Jun 18, 2013
Isiboy:

@ slendyMEE

He is talking about female trouser. Was it not the lust for men's trouser by ladies that gave birth to female trouser initially. Then they attached all sorts of reasons to defend their lustful desires.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Chiilove: 11:39am On Jun 18, 2013
Dikwons: Wearing trousers is not a sin. The bible really did say women should not wear what partains to a man and vice-versa, so do not put on a man's clothing e.g Mary should not wear James cloth.

As for make-up, it all depends on ur intent. Make up is supposed to be worn to look good just as you use body cream for supple skin, hair cream for radiant hair etc.

since putin on trousers by ladies is not a sin: men should also wear skirts n blouses, tie two wrappers on their waist too! Madness! There is notin like ladies' or men's trousers, trousers na trousers! No little or big sin, Sin is sin no matter who commits it. Rom 2:1 says "thou art inexcusable...". Do or say wat ever u like now, on dat day, God 'll hav no time for ur excuses.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 18, 2013
I know that the Bible admmonishes the christian to avoid doing ANYTHING that might cause anyone to sin: no matter how ok the thing is to the christian. This should not be because someone says so, or because there's a law against it, but simply to pass a message- the gospel message.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by MostHigh: 11:43am On Jun 18, 2013
Chiilove:

since putin on trousers by ladies is not a sin: men should also wear skirts n blouses, tie two wrappers on their waist too! Madness! There is notin like ladies' or men's trousers, trousers na trousers! No little or big sin, Sin is sin no matter who commits it. Rom 2:1 says "thou art inexcusable...". Do or say wat ever u like now, on dat day, God 'll hav no time for ur excuses.

Dont mind frosbel.

He is just trying to tell us he condones cross dressing.

Frosbel how many skirts and blouses you get for house?

Remember the door you speak about so confidently swings both ways.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by kchaste(m): 11:48am On Jun 18, 2013
frosbel: ^^

Trouser is not a MAN's dress, do you know that MEN wore dresses in the old days called garments, gowns etc, even the Scottish today wear skirts.

As far as the trouse is not tight to be too revealing, that's fine, but this is my opinion.

if u really want to please God and not man then you wouldn't be thanking or appreciating that comment. as a child of God your standard of living is and should be Christ. would Jesus wear makeup, trousers or whatever nonsense people wear today all in the name of fashion? if someone lust by the way u dress it means u have indirectly made him sin and I tell u. u have a share of that sin. don't dress Co's u want to be beautiful, dress to please God. u are beautiful just the way he made u. wish I have time to write more on this.
shalom
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by SpicyMimi(f): 11:58am On Jun 18, 2013
Have been going tru all the comments, and I fnd each nd every comment here interesting and useful.

I didn't create this thread to cause any fuss amng Christians! I just wanted to know the Truth. I wudnt want anyone to insult another based on his or her own beliefs, and I hope the arguments here won't cause one person to dislike another based on his or her own opinion.

This is my take on this...I will go with this quote-
' It is better to live a life like there is God, and die to find out there isn't, than live a life like there is No God and die to find out that there is One'

But then again I ve so many questions I really want answers to:
1. Talking abt Chemicals....are they not frm plants?
Am nt a science student so I ve no idea where chemicals come from, bt one thing am sure of is that...everythn we use here comes frm the Ground! so y is it bad for us to use creams, perfumes( I don't tink usn perfume is a sin anyway), etc

2. I just realized that, some churches are against takn of drugs? Plz is this true? And why? What abt herbal drugs?
Because, Heaven helps those who help themselves.

3. What about watching T.V,movies, listening to Love songs? Even solomon composed love songs! So I really need ur opinions on these...

Thanks soooo mucchhh!!!
God bless you all!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by kchaste(m): 11:58am On Jun 18, 2013
SpicyMimi: Thanks a lot, i really do appreciate.

Concerning the issue of wearing Trousers, its written in the bible that a Male shall not wear a woman's cloak neither should a Female wear a Man's cloak.

Really i just want to please God, not Men....bt sometimes i feel guilty when i wear Make-ups, bt when its just little....i dont feel any guilt.

if u really want to please God and not man then you wouldn't be thanking or appreciating that comment. as a child of God your standard of living is and should beChrist. would Jesus wear makeup, trousers or whatever nonsense people wear today allin the name of fashion? if someone lust by the way u dress it means u have indirectly made him sin and I tell u. u have a share of that sin. don't dress Co's u want to be beautiful, dress to please God. u are beautiful just the way he made u. wish I have time to write more on this.shalom
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by gentlegg(m): 12:00pm On Jun 18, 2013
THE BIBLE IS A HOLY BOOK, WRITTEN BY HOLY MEN WHO WERE INSPIRED BY HOLY SPIRIT. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT WHO INSPIRED THE WRITINGS OF BIBLE YOU CAN NEVER UNDERSTAND, ASSIMILATE NOR COMPREHEND THE WRITINGS/TEACHINGS OF THE BIBLE.
1 COR 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

TO EVERYONE, MAKE SURE YOU ARE GENUINELY BORN AGAIN FIRST, HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT DWELLING INSIDE YOU, THEN THAT HOLY SPIRIT WILL GUIDE YOU TO THE TRUES TEACHINGS OF THE BIBLE CONCERNING WOMEN, TROUSERS AND MAKE UPS.

IN ESSENCE, IT'S INCONSEQUENTIAL DEBATING THESE THINGS HERE BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by ASALIOUS: 12:04pm On Jun 18, 2013
frosbel is a degenerate and is doing the work of a backslider at the peak. He had once laid his hands on the plough and had looked back. Jesus still loves you brother, more than I do. Forget about you almost died. Didn't people die even after being taken out of the country for better treatment. U called some churches cult abused their structures and pastors. I can't fight for God anyway. U had a test and u failed. No wonder u r now what u r. Haven't you heard that people got healed (and still get healed) after being prayed for. Please read James 5:14. We believe it and it is working for us. U didn't believe it and neither was ur uncle and it didn't work for you. Now u blame, accuse and abuse the church.

Do you remember what happened to Samson. He defiled God's instruction and he paid for it with his life. The instruction was and is still very explicit; Get ye away from among them, don't mix with them, don't give and don't be given in marriage. This same instruction Abraham followed. He told Eliaza: Go find a wife for my son from among my brethren.

I am sure you know the incidents. So why do you query the church's stand on marriage? Or is knowing much affecting you now?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 18, 2013
ASALIOUS: frosbel is a degenerate and is doing the work of a backslider at the peak. He had once laid his hands on the plough and had looked back. Jesus still loves you brother, more than I do. Forget about you almost died. Didn't people die even after being taken out of the country for better treatment. U called some churches cult abused their structures and pastors. I can't fight for God anyway. U had a test and u failed. No wonder u r now what u r. Haven't you heard that people got healed (and still get healed) after being prayed for. Please read James 5:14. We believe it and it is working for us. U didn't believe it and neither was ur uncle and it didn't work for you. Now u blame, accuse and abuse the church.

Do you remember what happened to Samson. He defiled God's instruction and he paid for it with his life. The instruction was and is still very explicit; Get ye away from among them, don't mix with them, don't give and don't be given in marriage. This same instruction Abraham followed. He told Eliaza: Go find a wife for my son from among my brethren.

I am sure you know the incidents. So why do you query the church's stand on marriage? Or is knowing much affecting you now?

I reject the teachings of Pharisees and cult leaders, take your threats elsewhere.

smiley
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by SpicyMimi(f): 12:19pm On Jun 18, 2013
Isiboy:

@ slendyMEE
Lool @SlendyMee...actually my name is Mimi as well. smiley
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 18, 2013
so let's put it this way, a woman can wear a skirt, even a mini skirt, but she cannot wear a trouser even one that does not reveal anything undecided

Do you know that even in countries where women cover up from head to toe , men still lust even more so ?

Surely if a brother cannot control his urges he should pray for deliverance .

Just like ISLAM the burden is always put on woman and not the man, the women always have to be 100% compliant while the sexist chauvinistic men can spray deodorants, use nice creams , wear expensive suits etc.

Brainwashed fanatics.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 18, 2013
Female dress :

OR

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 18, 2013
A balance for beauty

But while we must be careful of having any appearance of evil, and take precautions against it by modest dressing, the Bible is not against beauty and good appearance. Indeed, this is praised in Scripture. We know this because various women are complimented on their outward appearance, such as Rebekah, Rachel and Esther, who were described as very beautiful. The cultivation of good appearance is approved of, but this must be practised with maturity and modesty in the use of ­clothing.
Furthermore, the Bible is not against the human body. Nor is it against intimate affections, but these are only to be enjoyed within the marriage covenant. In Proverbs 5.19, the son is advised to be wholly satisfied with bodily intimacy with his own wife.

Unfortunately, much of the clothing marketed today is gravely inconsistent with the principles of modesty and bodily appreciation within marriage alone. Then should there not be rules and regulations provided by the church as to what Christians should wear? Unfortunately, this would not be easy to implement, for it could lead to legalism. Besides, in this New Testament age, believers have liberty to be responsive to their own conscience. Nevertheless, Christians can abuse that liberty, leading themselves into licentious (morally unrestrained) living.

http://www.metropolitantabernacle.org/Sword-And-Trowel/Evangelical-Magazine-Sword-and-Trowel-Articles/Principles-in-Christian-Dressing
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Dasee14: 12:46pm On Jun 18, 2013
In my opinion, the wearing of makeup is not a sin. The apostle Paul did mention about the over indulgence or too much focus on the external things eg braiding of the hair or perhaps even makeup or type of jewellery worn. The point he was making is that our focus should be on developing our relationship with GOD Almighty. And not focusing exclusively on just our physical appearance alone. Jesus did say Man ( or woman) can not live on bread alone (or material or physical things) and the rest we all know. Moderation is the key. Women need to look good. It's a personal decision. We must not be dogmativ or fanatical about it. May we all see the need to love and encourage each other instead of rivalry and hatred. Have a wonderful day!

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:58pm On Jun 18, 2013
SpicyMimi:

Have been going tru all the comments, and I fnd each nd every comment here interesting and useful.

I will rather advice you to spend more time studying the Bible especially the gospel of John to know more about our Lord and Saviour. Spend time with Him in prayers. Prayerfully join a bible believing church where you will learn the principles of growth in this your new found Christian faith; and then begin to share your faith with your loved ones.

SpicyMimi:

I didn't create this thread to cause any fuss amng Christians! I just wanted to know the Truth. I wudnt want anyone to insult another based on his or her own beliefs, and I hope the arguments here won't cause one person to dislike another based on his or her own opinion.

The earlier you know that some folks are here to contaminate your faith the better.

SpicyMimi:

' It is better to live a life like there is God, and die to find out there isn't, than live a life like there is No God and die to find out that there is One'

That means that it is better to do without things that you are not sure will hinder your making heaven than to keeping them only to find out that they do matter in the end.

SpicyMimi:

Am nt a science student so I ve no idea where chemicals come from, bt one thing am sure of is that...everythn we use here comes frm the Ground! so y is it bad for us to use creams, perfumes( I don't tink usn perfume is a sin anyway), etc

"What? Do you know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, which you have of God, and you are not your own? For you are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's"
(1 Cor. 6:19-20).

Coming under the loving Lordship of our Lord Jesus Christ means that we have come to the end of our "rights" as well as our "wrongs". As Larry Tomczak puts it, "it means the end of life on our own terms".

If you where to be a landlady who put her mansion out to let, would you be happy if your tenants painted your house the way they liked?

SpicyMimi:

2. I just realized that, some churches are against takn of drugs? Plz is this true? And why? What abt herbal drugs?

3. What about watching T.V,movies, listening to Love songs? Even solomon composed love songs! So I really need ur opinions on these...

Thanks soooo mucchhh!!!
God bless you all!

Who said heaven helps those who helps themselves? You can now see that the seed frosbel sowed into your heart is now beginning germinate and if care is not taken you will begin to talk about non essentials that divides the church. No one except frosbel and his cohorts have been poisoning your mind about "churches" this they do to discourage you from joining any bible believing church and thereby dying off spiritually.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 18, 2013
[quote author=OLAADEGBU]

I will rather advice you to spend more time studying the Bible especially the gospel of John to know more about our Lord and Saviour. Spend time with Him in prayers. Prayerfully join a bible believing church where you will learn the principles of growth in this your new found Christian faith; and then begin to share your faith with your loved ones.

She should not join a church , she is part of the church.

She can fellowship with other believers wherever she chooses and the truth is practised.

She should avoid all churches where they teach the commandments of MEN.

More importantly, the principles of growth are not in the denominational churches but in the Bible.

All she needs to do is :
- Pray to God for unlimited wisdom
- Study the word of GOD day and Night
- Ask for grace to apply the principles to her life
- Fellowship with other TRUE believers.

Teachers are good, but every thing they say or teach MUST be measured with the word of GOD, the Bereans did it to Paul and we should also follow suit.

The earlier you know that some folks are here to contaminate your faith the better.

Rather we are fighting people like you are trying to bring God's children under bondage.

That means that it is better to do without things that you are not sure will hinder your making heaven than to keeping them only to find out that they do matter in the end.

Not your decision, her decision as she is led by the Spirit of GOD. She is not your sheep, she is Christ's sheep.

(1 Cor. 6:19-20).

Coming under the loving Lordship of our Lord Jesus Christ means that we have come to the end of our "rights" as well as our "wrongs". As Larry Tomczak puts it, "it means the end of life on our own terms".

Who is Larry Tomczak , is he Christ ?

Denying ourselves means dying to selfishness, anger, greed, reputation , personal ambition and plans etc, what does it have to do with modest dress ?

smh.

If you where to be a landlady who put her mansion out to let, would you be happy if your tenants painted your house the way they liked?

Gibberish.

Who said heaven helps those who helps themselves? You can now see that the seed frosbel sowed into your heart is now beginning germinate and if care is not taken you will begin to talk about non essentials that divides the church. No one except frosbel and his cohorts have been poisoning your mind about "churches" this they do to discourage you from joining any bible believing church and thereby dying off spiritually.

There are good places to fellowship with other believers , believers should and must be encouraged to attend such meetings , but to ensure that they test all teachings and doctrine with the word of GOD.

I am not against churches, I am against cults.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by alexleo(m): 1:19pm On Jun 18, 2013
SpicyMimi: Have been going tru all the comments, and I fnd each nd every comment here interesting and useful.

Thanks soooo mucchhh!!!
God bless you all!

Frosbel is a fraud and now that his fraud has been exposed, he is grabbing anything to save himself the shame. The issue he mentioned about being sick and not allowed to take medication, I ask, those who take medication dont they die? Churches who are not against taking medication are people not dying there? The church he is accusing of, records low death rate than the ones that dont bother. Both he that takes medication and he that does not are all healed by God. What the church preaches is that you trust God for your healing and people are being healed. They dont condemn hospital now. Even before it was overzealous members that took things too far but frosbel in his dubious nature is making people to believe that its the entire church.

My dear just pray and yield yourself to the Holy Spirit to guide you properly. Frosbel cannot save you on the judgment day if at the end of the day you fall for his deceits. Heaven is much more important than anything you can think of in this life.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by gentlegg(m): 1:24pm On Jun 18, 2013
SpicyMimi: Have been going tru all the comments, and I fnd each nd every comment here interesting and useful.

Definitely using cream and perfume is not a sine but Bible teaches moderation in everything we do, if you now use cream that will change your natural black skin to white skin over night, even medical science will tell you is not good, or you now empty a can/bottle of perfume on your cloth that anywhere you walk in, people must turn around in dismay or admiration to notice who is coming with such heavy scent in the air, is not good then.

2. I just realized that, some churches are against takn of drugs? Plz is this true? And why? What abt herbal drugs? Because, Heaven helps those who help themselves.
Taking drugs is not sin, neither not-taking drugs a sin. If a church decides they will not be taking drugs, it's not a sin to them

Watching good programs on T.V is not bad. Just don't watch something that will have negative effect on your behaviour or inspire negative thoughts in you. Listening to real love songs is not bad but unfortunately most of them are lust songs, so don't listen to them

Thanks soooo mucchhh!!!
God bless you all!

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 18, 2013
alexleo:

Frosbel is a fraud and now that his fraud has been exposed, he is grabbing anything to save himself the shame. The issue he mentioned about being sick and not allowed to take medication, I ask, those who take medication dont they die? Churches who are not against taking medication are people not dying there? The church he is accusing of, records low death rate than the ones that dont bother. Both he that takes medication and he that does not are all healed by God. What the church preaches is that you trust God for your healing and people are being healed. They dont condemn hospital now. Even before it was overzealous members that took things too far but frosbel in his dubious nature is making people to believe that its the entire church.

My dear just pray and yield yourself to the Holy Spirit to guide you properly. Frosbel cannot save you on the judgment day if at the end of the day you fall for his deceits. Heaven is much more important than anything you can think of in this life.

I don't think you have the moral authority sir to comment.

If your church has been wrong on so many other issues, why can't they be wrong on other matters.

What about the use of titles such as reverend, what about marrying only within the church, how about forcing workers to have a clean shave, etc

Let others talk please.

smiley
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by alexleo(m): 1:42pm On Jun 18, 2013
frosbel:

I don't think you have the moral authority sir to comment.

If your church has been wrong on so many other issues, why can't they be wrong on other matters.

What about the use of titles such as reverend, what about marrying only within the church, how about forcing workers to have a clean shave, etc

Let others talk please.

smiley

And what moral authority do you have to speak being a dubious man who is here deceiving people? Keep dealing with the shame of being a loser. See how everybody is warning you to desist from your false teachings and deceits and you talk about authority. Carry your pride and get out of my way. You want us to bow to your false teachings and condemn whatever you condemn in our church because in your pride you feel you are perfect and you know it all. Get out with your pride. We don't care about it.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 18, 2013
alexleo:

And what moral authority do you have to speak being a dubious man who is here deceiving people? Keep dealing with the shame of being a loser. See how everybody is warning you to desist from your false teachings and deceits and you talk about authority. Carry your pride and get out of my way. You want us to bow to your false teachings and condemn whatever you condemn in our church because in your pride you feel you are perfect and you know it all. Get out with your pride. We don't care about it.

How can someone listen to you bro, when all you exhibit are the fruits of the flesh , anger and slander ?

Is your anger a lesser sin than this issue of dress ?

"Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools." - Ecclesiastes 7:9
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by realistically: 1:48pm On Jun 18, 2013
echivee: Good job! You have given clear Biblical insights that are sufficient to address the concerns of many on this topic. I have now understood better. Thanks!
My pleasure,will do all of us a lot of good to study,think,be logical and pray so as to make wise decisions.......not what one man has decided for us.God bless us all.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 18, 2013
[b]The bible say men should not wear females cloth and vice versa. In the days of old when this statement was made by Paul, everyone was putting on gown, garments and cloack (I'm sure Paul was putting on a garment when he was making this statement).
There are male gowns and that for females, they are different in shapes and cuttings. So also this day, there are male trousers as well as females trousers-they are different! What Apostle Paul was simply saying is that a male should not put on females trousers and male should not put on females' either. If you take a look at females trousers you will see that their shapes and cuttings are different, which always comes in a curvy shape.
If I see a male putting on a female trouser I will know, same applies for a female putting on a male trouser.

On the issue of attachment, the issue here is what kind of attachment? Some people go against it because of their believe in demonic possession of such attachment. For anything can be possessed by the devil- the food you eat, the water you drink, the cream, the cloths, name it. On the issue of attachment, there is nothing wrong in putting it on but I usually advice females should go for artificial ones rather that the HUMAN HAIR because you don't know what spirit the person that had the hair was possessed of. Artificial is made in the factory just like your cream you use. I will say always pray on whatever you buy before you use them.
May God help us[/b]
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 18, 2013
Chiilove: My sister don't be decieved by any one. If u read ur bible well, u wil get to discover that the first and only woman that applied make up in the bible was Jezeebel, in 2Kings 9:30b "...she painted her eyelid and fixed her hair...". Jezeebel was alwas opposin the prophets, go and read her account. The bible says "anyone who is not for me is against me". Make-up is originated from the pit of hell to destroy souls to hell. My dear, Jesus himself told me to stop plaitin wool, attachment. It has hindered many ladies heaven. God told me this mornin while i was readin my bible, that, he is tired of people troopin to hell. He opend my eyes and i saw ladies, in trousers, weave-on, make-ups in hell. Oh! It's terrible. My dear, as far as heaven is concernd, MINORITY carries the vote! If u are for Christ, be for Christ! No property of the devil shud be found in u. 1Cor10:21. "u can not drink from the Lord's table and the devil's at same time..". Read ur bible and obey God's commands. No pastor can save u but Christ. As for the guy askin where God spoke against trousers in the bible: Deut. 5:22 says "don't wear that which patterneth to a man". Culture can't save us but obeydience to God's commands can.. Heave is more serious than we think. If God can sacrifice and forsake Jesus on the cross wen he was filled wit our sins('cos God's eyes are too holy to behold sin)to forgive us, u can imagine how difficult it is 2 make heaven. But, wit the holy spirit, it's simple. SISTER, IF YOU HEAR FROM GOD, ENQUIRE FR0M HIM DIRECT. Don't ask human beins 'cos they are not the one to judge u on that white thrown judgement day. Men wil mislead u if u keep askn them. Make Jesus ur perfect example. Matt 5:48. God bles u.
What a pity.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Why Men Are Having Sex With Their Maids Nowadays-Bishop Charles & Caro Ighile / Nigerian Lady Who Sees And Communicates With Ghosts Often / Amorc Is Not A Cult

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.