Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,838 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? (59604 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? / What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? / What The Bible Say About Sports! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 18, 2013
faithinnaija: from what i can see here is human philosophy and wisdom which is against Gods word.u will certainly be deceive if u are not grounded in the word of God. Trousers and make up what does the bible says concern them don't forget in the 70s and 80s these things were regarded as sins but in our days it is no longer sin, has God standard change? What i can deduce from here is signs of the end time take it or leave it, every body wants something that will suit him or her. Everyone should be careful.

I don't care what was regarded as SIN in the 70s and 80s, what I care about is what the word of GOD says is SIN.

Indeed, I have met many so called Holy people who dress like angels but they have the temper of a volcano, they cheat, commit fraud, steal, gossip etc and cover all their wretchedness with good dress as dictated to them by their cult.

This is the word of GOD to such people :

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean." - Matthew 23:27

Did you see that ? Jesus said outside they look all nice and beautiful with their priestly garments covering from head to toe, but yet they were the most wicked and vile of all men.

Let me repeat, work on your heart, if your heart is with GOD it will show in your outward conduct.

I give you an example nearer to home. There is a guy here who belongs to a so called Holy Holy church where outward dress has to be almost angelic, yet he has heaped abuse on a lot of people on this forum including me , using expletives that Jesus will never condone.

Go figure.

smiley
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by SpicyMimi(f): 9:16am On Jun 18, 2013
I got PMs, and I can't find any in my inbox neither can I find d msgs in my Junks!!! *confused*
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 18, 2013
SpicyMimi: I got PMs, and I can't find any in my inbox neither can I find d msgs in my Junks!!! *confused*

as you are getting PMs, do not let cult members force you, scare you or threaten you.

Peace.

smiley
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by GoodBoi1(m): 9:33am On Jun 18, 2013
babawarunn: Nigerians read the bible without putting the events in the proper context. The bible is better understood when read with a good background contextual knowledge, and not when just read literaly. I think this link explains this your question very well: http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=11&article=1210

Exactly, some nigerians need to fine-tune their literacy, such ignorance is appalling. I wish I could do something about it sad "My people perish because of lack of knowledge.
[size=28pt]Romans 14:22-23 22 The faith that you have, keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who has no reason to pass judgment on himself for what he approves. 23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if he eats, because the eating is not from faith. For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin.[d][/size]
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 18, 2013
^^^^

1000 likes plus link.

Sound advice.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:02am On Jun 18, 2013
SpicyMimi:

I got PMs, and I can't find any in my inbox neither can I find d msgs in my Junks!!! *confused*

My advise is that you contact the author of the testimony that led to your conversion for some godly counsel. The likes of frosbel didn't lead you to Christ so don't let him steal your crown. You can contact the author of the book when you click on the link:

author@divinerevelationonholiness.org

http://divinerevelationonholiness.org/book/introduction.php
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by obi4eze(m): 10:10am On Jun 18, 2013
Glad to know that there are still people who preach the undiluted truth and want to make heaven. Anyone who wants to get to heaven should avoid the teachings of frosbel and his friends. Like he said earlier, he's a freelance teacher who subverts the truth.

Spicy, you got PMs and that's going to be confusing because your flesh is telling you one thing while the Spirit of God is surely telling you another. We may be able to tell you but we cannot convince you. Only the Holy Spirit can so the best thing is for you to follow His leading and not that of the flesh.

How do you do this? Shut out what we all are saying, don't take our word for it. Spend some time to pray concerning this issue. You're not convinced yet and that's why you're having an inner battle. The flesh and the human spirit are battling for the control of your mind. So put everything we all have said out of your mind.
Let your mind and flesh be quiet before the Lord and consecrate all. Tell Him that you're having an issue about dressing and make-up. Tell Him everything about it. Don't hide anything from Him. He knows but He wants you to speak to Him.

If you're truly His child, He will surely speak to you. He may chose whatever way to speak to your spirit man (inward witness, audible voice, dreams and visions, etc) but just be quiet before Him and shut out all the noise. Come back after some time tell us what He said to you.

'The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly' Pr 20:27 (KJV)
'The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God' Ro 8:16 (KJV)

PS: God can never speak against His Holy Word.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 18, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

My advise is that you contact the author of the testimony that led to your conversion for some godly counsel. The likes of frosbel didn't lead you to Christ so don't let him steal your crown. You can contact the author of the book when you click on the link:

author@divinerevelationonholiness.org

http://divinerevelationonholiness.org/book/introduction.php

Wrong.

She does not need to contact anybody, she follows Christ and not MEN, you are a false teacher.

The Bible is the inerrant word of GOD , that's what we need, all that pertains to life and godliness is carefully documented in scripture.

To use demonic false visions to bring people in line with the teachings of cults is 100% satanic.

@SpicyMimi:

if you want to be free in Christ, reject all these false visions with their tall tales , lies and outright deception.

This is word of GOD about such visions and dreams :

"And the LORD said to me: β€œThe prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I did not send them, nor did I command them or speak to them. They are prophesying to you a lying vision, worthless divination, and the deceit of their own minds." - Jeremiah 14:14
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 18, 2013
obi4eze: Glad to know that there are still people who preach the undiluted truth and want to make heaven. Anyone who wants to get to heaven should avoid the teachings of frosbel and his friends. Like he said earlier, he's a freelance teacher who subverts the truth.
Spicy, you got PMs and that's going to be confusing because your flesh is telling you one thing while the Spirit of God is surely telling you another. We may be able to tell you but we cannot convince you. Only the Holy Spirit can so the best thing is for you to follow His leading and not that of the flesh. How do you do this? Shut out what we all are saying, don't take our word for it. Spend some time to pray concerning this issue. You're not convinced yet and that's why you're having an inner battle. The flesh and the human spirit are battling for the control of your mind. So put everything we all have said out. Let your mind and flesh be quiet before the Lord and consecrate all. Tell Him that you're having an issue about dressing and make-up. Tell Him everything about it. Don't hide anything from Him. He knows but He wants you to speak to Him. If you're truly His child, He will surely speak to you. He may chose whatever way to speak to your spirit man (inward witness, audible voice, dreams and visions, etc) but just be quiet before Him. Come back after some time tell us what He said to you.
'The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly' Pr 20:27 (KJV)

'And they revere me in vain while they teach the doctrines of the commandments of man.' β€œ - Matthew 15:9

You are laying a heavy burden on this sister when there are more important things to worry about. The bible warns us of SIN , not dress. Only cults try to control their members through dress and other peripheral issues.

"They crush people with unbearable religious demands and never lift a finger to ease the burden." - Matthew 23:4

I advice you to read Romans 1:24-30 and stop this silly nonsense about dress.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by alexleo(m): 10:17am On Jun 18, 2013
SpicyMimi: I got PMs, and I can't find any in my inbox neither can I find d msgs in my Junks!!! *confused*

Frosbel is a fraud, be careful. He talks about Holy Spirit but his selfish brain leads him in interpreting the bible. He doesn't consult the holy spirit sincerely. As you can see, people here are aware of his deceits and he is crying all over the place seeking for sympathy. Be careful with him. God already shamed him by ministering to you through a message he(frosbel) has been condemning. You need to be careful again concerning his advice because God may also shame you if you go wth his false teaching. May God guide you aright. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 18, 2013
frosbel:

'And they revere me in vain while they teach the doctrines of the commandments of man.' β€œ - Matthew 15:9

grin are you subscribing to your wife dressing in provocative outfits? the likes of okeyzz will look at her twice if he knows she is your wife.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by alexleo(m): 10:20am On Jun 18, 2013
obi4eze: Glad to know that there are still people who preach the undiluted truth and want to make heaven. Anyone who wants to get to heaven should avoid the teachings of frosbel and his friends. Like he said earlier, he's a freelance teacher who subverts the truth.

Spicy, you got PMs and that's going to be confusing because your flesh is telling you one thing while the Spirit of God is surely telling you another. We may be able to tell you but we cannot convince you. Only the Holy Spirit can so the best thing is for you to follow His leading and not that of the flesh.

How do you do this? Shut out what we all are saying, don't take our word for it. Spend some time to pray concerning this issue. You're not convinced yet and that's why you're having an inner battle. The flesh and the human spirit are battling for the control of your mind. So put everything we all have said out of your mind.
Let your mind and flesh be quiet before the Lord and consecrate all. Tell Him that you're having an issue about dressing and make-up. Tell Him everything about it. Don't hide anything from Him. He knows but He wants you to speak to Him.

If you're truly His child, He will surely speak to you. He may chose whatever way to speak to your spirit man (inward witness, audible voice, dreams and visions, etc) but just be quiet before Him and shut out all the noise. Come back after some time tell us what He said to you.

'The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God' Ro 8:16 (KJV)

God bless you for this truth you have spoken. Thanks dear.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by sammoe(m): 10:21am On Jun 18, 2013
A lot of people are unsure about the God's stand on this.
An acknowledgement of one's sinful nature/state, believing that Jesus Christ died for one's sins and confessing such are what takes one to heaven. Acts of service earn you a crown(i.e rewards).
As per the post, see Deut. 22:5. It doesn't mention trousers. In certain cultures, what we call trousers is women clothing. The questions are : Are u wearing tight fitting/body revealing clothing; Is wt u r putting on likely to make u/odas sin?; does it portray u in a gud light?
Wt d u define as makeup/cosmetics? IMO powders,creams/pomade, soaps are all makeup items. What do u wit d make up? Is it modestly done? ... m tired mehn.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 18, 2013
alexleo:

Frosbel is a fraud, be careful. He talks about Holy Spirit but his selfish brain leads him in interpreting the bible. He doesn't consult the holy spirit sincerely. As you can see, people here are aware of his deceits and he is crying all over the place seeking for sympathy. Be careful with him. God already shamed him by ministering to you through a message he(frosbel) has been condemning. You need to be careful again concerning his advice because God may also shame you if you go wth his false teaching. May God guide you aright. Amen.

Brother, as I have often said, I forgive your Apostolic faith church for almost killing me by suggesting that the taking of medicine is a sin. I can tell you how many people have died because of this sort of fanaticism being propagated by your church.

- When your church was preaching this lie, were they led by the Holy Spirit ?

- Is it the Holy Spirit that has led your pastors to be called reverend ?

- Is it the Holy Spirit that has led your leadership top insist that members only marry within the church ?

Let me tell you something you do not know, Jesus Christ did not come down to set rules and regulations, he came to show us the father and set us free from the bondage of Pharisees like you and the likes.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 18, 2013
Bidam: grin are you subscribing to your wife dressing in provocative outfits? the likes of okeyzz will look at her twice if he knows she is your wife.

Don't mind that heathen grin

My wife dresses very modestly and never ever revealing, she is a decent , beautiful woman. smiley
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 18, 2013
[size=14pt]For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery - Galatians 5:1[/size]
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Isiboy(m): 10:29am On Jun 18, 2013
*@ OP romans 8:14 says as many as are led by d Spirit of God, they are d sons of God . If u feel guilty wen u make up, don't u tink it's the Spirit of God dat is trying to lead u into wat is right. (THINK ABOUT IT)

*D last time i checked, afta creation God looked at everything He created and behold "it was very good". God is no fool wen He created u witout holes In d ear, neither was He one wen He gave u ur hair 4 a covering.

*Most of u are talkin about Americans. Y not talk about urself as Africans. Didn't nature tell u as Africans dat trousers is meant 4 men? D bible warns against effeminacy(a man looking like a woman)1 Cor 6:9. dis can also be applied d other way round 4 women.

No body should argue. Titus 3:9

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 18, 2013
Isiboy:

*Most of u are talkin about Americans. Y not talk about urself as Africans. Didn't nature tell u as Africans dat trousers is meant 4 men? D bible warns against effeminacy(a man looking like a woman)1 Cor 6:9. dis can also be applied d other way round 4 women.

No body should argue. Titus 3:9

illiteracy at it's peak .

Do you know that there are female trousers and male trousers ?

SMH.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by SlendyMEE(f): 10:31am On Jun 18, 2013
Been following the discussion here and find it interesting. Som1 said we should go back to our culture and dress as our forefathers did. With leaves or sackcloth? Or using wrappers? Anoda said makeup isn't african. Pls those leaves som use to color their nails, was it the westerners that discovered them for us? Everthing should be in moderation. Live by ur conscience and God's grace for salvation. Pls let's stop comparing ourselves with anybody. Ps Adeboye's wife is a human being not God. Those who brought the gospel to us didn't go unornamented. Just trying to make my response short.
@op, salvation is personal. If you're no longer comfortable using makeup and wearing trousers, pls stop.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:32am On Jun 18, 2013
obi4eze:

Glad to know that there are still people who preach the undiluted truth and want to make heaven. Anyone who wants to get to heaven should avoid the teachings of frosbel and his friends. Like he said earlier, he's a freelance teacher who subverts the truth.

Good advice. Prayer is the master key. Jesus started with prayer and ended with prayer. Prayer is the master key.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by zeongeon: 10:34am On Jun 18, 2013
I see people talk about esthers time and the make up required of the women before they met with the king please have in mind that during esthers time the persians ruled and it was the in thing then for kings to force there pagan religion and practices on conquered cities and states eg book of macabees where they slaughtered 7 male children of a jewish woman becos they where forced to eat meat sacrificed to idol and they refused...the persians where shrouded in idolatry and they worshipped dagon...people talked about pharoah giving joseph jewelries remember also that egypt too had so many mystery religions, so jewelries and make up wasn't strange to pharoah who supposedly maked up to look like amon-ra the sun god..and it was common to use make up when worshipping there gods..what is the message behind makeup,cosmetics and all if not lust, seduction, sex and covetousness..the sex cult of venus or aphrodiati had there women wear make up to promote seduction and lust..is there any where in the bible where the jewish pple or children off israel worshipped God with makeup the children of israel I bet must have picked up makeup when they embraced strange religions, where conquered by pagan nations or sent into capitivity to strange land.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by pawn89(m): 10:34am On Jun 18, 2013
frosbel: [size=14pt]For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery - Galatians 5:1[/size]

you have said well ! how i wish there are more people like you who are capable of logical reasoning inspired by the Word of God and influenced by Holy Spirit.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by SlendyMEE(f): 10:35am On Jun 18, 2013
[quote author=Isiboy]

*D last time i checked, afta creation God looked at everything He created and behold "it was very good". God is no fool wen He created u witout holes In d ear, neither was He one wen He gave u ur hair 4 a covering.
Guy, so if ur natural hair is so stubborn it breaks combs, you should leave it unkempt?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by ASALIOUS: 10:37am On Jun 18, 2013
@ SpicyMimi: I pray that the Holy Ghost lead you. I trust God. That truth you desire will make you free. If u r asked this question; "Why do u eat?" I am sure you'll probably say for strength, growth and development. Or "Why do you bathe?" Then you say for refreshment, cleanup and the like. So let me ask you, "Why do you paint your lips, fix nails, paint nails, fix eye lashes, paint eye brow, .....?" You should know that Christians are wonderfully and fearfully made. Why seek "more?". Read Isaiah 3:16 down, also I Peter 3:3-4. I commend you for this post and your stand on "Men's vs women's dresses". God bless you.

@ frosbel: I pray that God corner you up and forgive your slanderous remarks on those two churches of God. U r on the lost side, may that Amazing Grace of our loving Lord find and save you.

Others, pray along with me.

Thank you all.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 18, 2013
^^^^^

There is only ONE Church of GOD with Jesus Christ as it's head.

smiley

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by ASALIOUS: 10:57am On Jun 18, 2013
@ SpicyMimi: You will also find this link edifying: http://apostolicfaithweca.org/content/dress-question-and-wearing-jewelry
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by alexleo(m): 10:57am On Jun 18, 2013
frosbel:

Brother, as I have often said, I forgive your Apostolic faith church for almost killing me by suggesting that the taking of medicine is a sin. I can tell you how many people have died because of this sort of fanaticism being propagated by your church.

-

You are just weeping and wailing because you ve been shamed by God.
You ve been crying over Apostolic Faith and your sickness. Don't people die in the hospital? You are just lying here because people are not dying in my church more than they die in churches that is not against hospital. You are flogging a dead issue but you are just a fraud and of course fraudsters grab anything to defend themselves when they are caught just like you are doing. God will still shame you more. The salvation of this girl which God used a message you ve been condemning to minister to her to pray for is the begining of many shames that God will put you to in this forum. Except you change from your dubious teaching. Am very happy that people are aware of your deceits here. Keep weeping and wailing, it is your right as a huge loser.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 18, 2013
@ Spiceymimi.
Drwing from experience, I only have one thing to tell you and i hope it will solve your problem:
Just devote to spending quality time with the Holy Spirit as you Worship Jesus all by yourself (you should still go to Church though. And let me stress, this is one of the best experiences in life. You will enjoy it i promise you. You will cry, rejoice and be at total peace beyound anything and also, you will learn to hear the voice of Jesus and the constancy of 'I love you' that he says . This is the only way to be free and to really know Him. After having this experience, sister, you will never listen to any rubbish any man says because you have a man in your life and you know His voice. One of the outputs of this experience is liberty from sin and bondages and legalism placed on our necks by religion and religious men. Also the scriptures will become alive and it will be like your eyes are popped open to bible verses.

I can perceive you are a young girl that wants to please God. You are on the righ path and He will honour you for it.
Finally, always remember that He loves you beyound trousers and make up. If He were to appear to you physically right now, Jesus will not talk about make-up or trousers with you (i dont even think He ever wore trousers anyway!).

God bless you and see you in heaven one day!

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by stuhporh: 11:10am On Jun 18, 2013
frosbel:

Sister, I have to warn you , I suspect you are a young lady , be careful and wary of cults.

They are tools of control in the hands of satan, once they control your life, you end up like one of them.

Jesus came to give us freedom not bondage, sin is not in dress or makeup but in the heart.

In Apostolic faith I nearly lost my life because of the doctrine of not taking medicine, if it was not for the quick thinking of my uncle I should have been 6 feet under , waiting for the resurrection , because of the poison this cult fed me, also , they look down on all other churches as if they only possessed the truth , they only marry within themselves ( trait of cult ) , but most worrying is , they will turn you into one of them, hypocritical, judgemental, critical and harsh Pharisees.

In Deeperlife, Legalism was the order of the day, the emphasis is not on love and the heart but on dos and donts.

Do not be trapped by these cults, the misery and pain that comes with their baggage will come to haunt you a few years down the line. Read your bible and ask the Spirit for wisdom and guidance, do not rely on MEN.

"As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him." - 1 John 2:27

Again, dress and make-up in moderation will send no one to hell and hell is a place for the destruction of sinners at the end of time not before. Its called the second death in the lake of fire.

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." - Galatians 5:1

"You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of human beings." - 1 Corinthians 7:23

You like to write i guess

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." - [b]Galatians 5:1

"You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of human beings." - 1 Corinthians 7:23[/quote][/b]
Sir, you know not the meanings of the bible. you read the bible as the regular man. what you quoted above as a deeper meaning. "Slavery" in the verse means sin. In other words. do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of sin. You are not ripe enough. go back to your bible and read with holy spirit inspiration.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by obi4eze(m): 11:10am On Jun 18, 2013
frosbel:

You are laying a heavy burden on this sister when there are more important things to worry about. The bible warns us of SIN , not dress. Only cults try to control their members through dress and other peripheral issues.

"They crush people with unbearable religious demands and never lift a finger to ease the burden." - Matthew 23:4

May God have mercy on you. Please come back to the fold and stop peddling your false doctrine. It's so irritating and can make one to want to throw up. Ahhhh! I just pray you don't become an apostate. If God arrested Paul, he can still touch you. Just wondering how many people have been following your false doctrine. God have mercy!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by emorse(m): 11:12am On Jun 18, 2013
alexleo:

Then go and drink fuel or acid or rub them on your body if you are sincere with your reply. How desperate human beings can be to defend their selfish desires.
#smiles#
What you're saying in essence is that even soaps and creams, as long as they are not organic, are unbiblical? Do you know acids can be diluted as required? Do you eat wood? (as organic as it is). My point is this. God made everything for our use. He hasn't given us specific rules on what to use each item for. If you find a beneficial use for any of God's creations, why worry? You cannot drink petrol. Just as u can't run your car on rice. Each has its use.
On a broader sense, does your "personal" hatred for make ups include those made from organic materials? Look before you leap bro.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by MostHigh: 11:25am On Jun 18, 2013
frosbel: ^^^^

1000 likes plus link.

Sound advice.

Frosbel will not quote the words of christ lest he keels over.

But the words of paul are ever upon your lips.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Why Men Are Having Sex With Their Maids Nowadays-Bishop Charles & Caro Ighile / Nigerian Lady Who Sees And Communicates With Ghosts Often / Amorc Is Not A Cult

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.