Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,583 members, 7,958,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:26 AM

Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) (130446 Views)

Stepmum Ties 2-Year-Old Girl For Soiling Herself (Photo) / A Hilarious Question To A Man Or Woman That Has 10minutes Left To Tie The Knot. / Did You Seek Spiritual Guidance From A Prophet Or A Whali Before Tying The Knot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 23, 2013
preshuzpearl: ^^^i seriously think u are lying. Why will someone take the pains to change all the details of the wedding including the engagement photos before giving it out! That's clearly overboard no matter what beef such person has against the church. This is just a move by some desperate person to bring things back to normal. you don't right a wrong with another wrong so Keep your lies to yourself cos what has happened has happened. There's nothing you can do about it

So, if you believe the poster altered the picture, what makes you believe the media (with a primary agenda of selling their product by generating controversy) could not have altered the picture?

*that being said, apart from the lack of earrings and the natural hair, I don't think this new unaltered picture makes a huge difference. It makes a difference, but definitely not enough to quell the critics*

*I really couldn't care any less about this topic, I only came to address this particular post by someone who appears quite naive to media antics. So there's no need for anyone to start inferring my opinions of the 'controversy'.*

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 23, 2013
SailorXY:
^^ if u can believe someone can never go through the pain to adjust pictures because the person got beef, why will you believe another person is going through same pain to correct the anomaly?? SMDcck

Like minds! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 23, 2013
preshuzpearl: ^^^i seriously think u are lying. Why will someone take the pains to change all the details of the wedding including the engagement photos before giving it out! That's clearly overboard no matter what beef such person has against the church. This is just a move by some desperate person to bring things back to normal. you don't right a wrong with another wrong so Keep your lies to yourself cos what has happened has happened. There's nothing you can do about it

Notice how the church wall also went from plastered to unplastered
Bwahahahahahaha
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 23, 2013
I honestly think the 'unaltered' shot looks more revealing ekwa grin her brows looked very defined and the foundation muah grin

Anyhoo ... The turban 'spin' is the most ridiculous propaganda in 2013 so far..... Wetin I no go hear from Nigerians cheesy cheesy
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Image123(m): 5:06pm On Jun 23, 2013
bukatyne: I don't understand why some deeper lifers are trying so hard to explain away these pictures. I have read funny points like:

The groom might not be born again
The father might nt have approved
There are different standards of dressing etc.

We all know that other members will never be allowed to wear this. For those saying that they have different standard of dressing across board, does it mean some parishes are holier than others or is there classic and modern parishes? Most dl members have painted the picture that people dressed apart from their way is a sinner. So where is the talk of different standards coming from?

There is no need to explain anything. The couple have wedded the way they like. We pray these privileges is extended to all members so we stop seeing weddings like funeral ceremonies and couples looking like chief mourners.
sorry to disappoint you, i am a living witness to another deeper life wedding where they also dressed this way, even more extravagant. Deal with facts, not. Why do you base the holiness of parishes on dressing but accuse deeper of doing same?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Image123(m): 5:13pm On Jun 23, 2013
which is the wrong they are trying to right? People sef.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Image123(m): 5:21pm On Jun 23, 2013
babyosisi:

Notice how the church wall also went from plastered to unplastered
Bwahahahahahaha
its a different picture of the same person in a different place, is thinking so difficult?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by honeychild(f): 6:23pm On Jun 23, 2013
Image123:
sorry to disappoint you, i am a living witness to another deeper life wedding where they also dressed this way, even more extravagant. Deal with facts, not. Why do you base the holiness of parishes on dressing but accuse deeper of doing same?

Pictures please? cheesy grin
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by bukatyne(f): 6:37pm On Jun 23, 2013
Image123:

Can you tell us where this wedding took place?

Please explain your last statement
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Image123(m): 7:47pm On Jun 23, 2013
honeychild:

seems you are just keen on mocking, its already funny to you. i won't post the picture(s) for privacy reasons, and secondly, because the picture does not prove to you that it was done in any particular church. If you need proof, find someone in north america who attends deeper life to confirm.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 23, 2013
honeychild:

Gbam
Cover the eyes or faces and post the pictures

All these theories suddenly surfacing grin
Some are saying deeper life is liberal in some areas
Others are saying John Kumuyi is not following his fathers footsteps and papa has no control
Olowotee says the standard may have fallen since the original wife died
The same standard others like image123 says is allowed in North America in a particular wedding he knows of
Yet we have other deeper lifers that testified here of the strict laws regarding weddings and a lady whose mom wanted to tear down her own cake because she married a non deeper
The poster of the picture above shows us open hair he claims was flat ironed and not permed
we see an open hair,veil,lace ,well arched brows with eye pencil and foundation, all against deeper life rulesin the same picture posted by the so called wedding attendee
[size=18pt]Make up your minds
[/size]
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Image123(m): 7:54pm On Jun 23, 2013
bukatyne:

Can you tell us where this wedding took place?

Please explain your last statement
North America. The last statement is based on this statement that you made "For those
saying that they have different standard of
dressing across board, does it mean some
parishes are holier than others or is there
classic and modern parishes?" Your statement equates and compares the dressing standard to holiness, by asking if some parishes are holier than others.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by shdemidemi(m): 7:57pm On Jun 23, 2013
Image123:
North America. The last statement is based on this statement that you made "For those
classic and modern parishes?" Your statement equates and compares the dressing standard to holiness, by asking if some parishes are holier than others.

Bro, you have abandoned the Romans thread o, Hope all is well.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Image123(m): 8:25pm On Jun 23, 2013
shdemidemi:

Bro, you have abandoned the Romans thread o, Hope all is well.
no bi abandon oh, my oga. Its time and some other issues. This one na mobile gadget things, that one is more serious. Its on my mind sha.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 23, 2013
Babyosisi, you sounded so much like Ifyalways. cheesy
Thank you for quoting me. wink Now, it depends on the standard you are talking about.
And I wouldn't want to bore you with details about this church that I cherish so much. You still wouldn't appreciate it.. smiley

Just know that the church's stance on Holiness, Christian dressing, Heaven, Salvation etc is unpertubed, regardless of this occurrence. Recently, I was told that a couple was allowed to dress in suit (yes, both husband and wife) and the wife was on hat. #so cute you would say. This happened in Lagos. Dressing modestly is it and well appreciated..howbeit, it largely depends on the Marriage Committee in your locality, just as Image123 rightly put it. #different administration. That is, while some dresses/clothing materials may be acceptable in Lagos, other states may disallow etc. #Moderate wedding gowns are accepted in some parts, maybe the only reason why this is on the frontline is because it got to do with the Pastor's son, yes? wink

Now, I truly don't see anything wrong in the bride's dressing, up there. I am only worried about the purported make-up, if it be true, then it is SO wrong and unacceptable in a DL's wedding.smiley
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Image123(m): 8:36pm On Jun 23, 2013
osisi
It seems you live in north america, what effort have you made in finding out or you are pleased/satisfied with gloatings, assumptions and rumors?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by seunlayi(m): 10:53pm On Jun 23, 2013
don't compare wedding in that part of the world to what we have here, many wedding have been done that are more lavish than this. leave this couple alone and mind your business. The GS knew that somethings were going on in the church about wedding that are not suppose to be so. Somebody has already posted the video on this tread or check the church website (HQSWS20121216Eng). [size=20pt]LONG LIVE MY PASTOR[/size]
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by seunlayi(m): 10:57pm On Jun 23, 2013
Image123:
Sorry about your mum. i'm not saying or particular about whether one style of dressing or wedding is right or wrong. But the fact and truth is that it is not a first time thing in deeper life. i am a witness to a deeper life wedding where they wore something more extravagant, drummed, danced etc. It depends on location i think. Each administration has some freedom to what it permits or not. Its everywhere, its called organization/administration. The only issue i have is if/when someone takes it overboard by keeping it as God's law or above. Some choir use uniform, i think deeper in Lagos is pleated skirt. Some use color. These are not major issues except you them as major. Its devil that makes one to major on minor. These are not things that make a church different from another. There are bigger and core issues like faith, love, doctrine.
[size=30pt]THANK YOU FOR THIS[/size] Now I realize how much people are dreaming for the downfall of DeeperLife, the church has come to stay Kumuyi or no Kumuyi, The Church is marching on and on.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by misto(m): 11:03pm On Jun 23, 2013
let me clear u guys doubt, ignorance and misleading press report av made most of u here to say wrong tinz nd incuring the wrath of God on urselves. Those who av made this thread ur job to accuse and criticize from a negative perspective because of ur hatred 4 deeper life. From authoritative source in newyork usa where john lives, d WEDDING did NOT take place in DEEPER LIFE CHURCH. The bride is not a member of the church. And moreso d dad past. Kumuyi cannot force his son of over 27yrs to marry in d church. Pls al of u speaking against the pastor should ask 4 forgiveness.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by busolayemi: 11:14pm On Jun 23, 2013
No one is trying to bring deeper life down, at least not me....dat I left d church does not mean I don't appreciate a lot of tins in deeper life...in fact, till now, I can say the new church I attend now has neva been able to give me wat deeper life gave me...buh u see, a lot of things is rong with deepr life and dats d fact dat they are forgetting that the youths are actually the leaders of tommorrow...if they are all sent out simply becos they want to look good and smart modestly...wat future does the church have. I respect the GS a lot and God bless him buh I think he still has a lot to do...if not, the 'fanatical deeper life pastors'under him with cause an irreparable damage
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by busolayemi: 11:17pm On Jun 23, 2013
This wil be a big relief....if truly it dint...I dnt want to doubt ur post cos I wasn't at the wedding....anyways, John and Love....welcum to the club of the married...God make ur marriage a heaven on earth
misto: let me clear u guys doubt, ignorance and misleading press report av made most of u here to say wrong tinz nd incuring the wrath of God on urselves. Those who av made this thread ur job to accuse and criticize from a negative perspective because of ur hatred 4 deeper life. From authoritative source in newyork usa where john lives, d WEDDING did NOT take place in DEEPER LIFE CHURCH. The bride is not a member of the church. And moreso d dad past. Kumuyi cannot force his son of over 27yrs to marry in d church. Pls al of u speaking against the pastor should ask 4 forgiveness.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by frmglorytoglory: 11:19pm On Jun 23, 2013
[img][/img]
this comment wasnt necessary. you dont need to try to prove anything. former miss love odih is entitled to her opinion as per what connotes decent dressing. i respect the fact that she took off so many items she would normally have worn out of respect for her fiance pastor kumuyi's son.
her professional photographs on linkedl show her stand on these issue of dressing. i give her kudos for respecting her inlaws enough to comply to some extent with their standards of dressing for her fiances sake.
thumbs up mrs love kumuyi. happy married life.

funkede1: As a friend of the couple, I can’t keep silent anymore. This is the actual picture of what the bride looked like. The rest have been lies to destroy the lives of the new couple and may you all be forgiven for the damage you caused the church of God and the new couple. As someone that attended the wedding, the pictures arousing such controversy looks nothing like the bride on her wedding day.

No white-looking makeup or blush
No earring
No lipstick
No fake eye lash
No mascara
No relaxed hair (blow drier & flat iron can do that! by the way, her hair is that long)
No colored eyebrow
No eye shadow
No ring on finger

You compare earlier pictures of a deeper life bride with a turban covered hair. In the Caribbean generally, the thick turban covering is associated with a satanic worship church. Can you imagine? No!! Ignorance is bliss. Is that what you want the new couple subjected to because of your lack of understanding? A joining that appears to be like under Satan because of hair covering as you understand it in your side of the world? God forbid!
If you want to accuse the bride of the gown, is it showing any body parts? I thought this was the idea of modesty. Let not thy unclothedness be discovered.. Love is also not John's lover/heartthrob/girlfriend or any other careless language, these two were brought together led of The Lord though from thousand of miles apart and I'm sure they went through the deeper life church marriage committee process from their countries.

I hope you feel guilty enough to stop all the lies and great damage you have caused a new couple trying to begin a life together hard school of marriage, and added to that has to live with scrutiny on a public scale, all influenced by lies and doctored images from the haters.. Let each man run their own Christian race, not with eye service or an envious mind.

Congrats to the new couple and may God soothe the irreparable damage caused by online social media
P.s there are so many other good things online about Love Odih, not just some fabricated and baseless scandal
[img]
this comment wasnt necessary. you dont need to try to prove anything. former miss love odih is entitled to her opinion as per what connotes decent dressing. i respect the fact that she took off so many items she would normally have worn out of respect for her fiance pastor kumuyi's son.
attached is her professional picture from her law chambers.

n/b i didnt intrude on her privacy ,the pictures are on the linkedl site where everyone can see it

funkede1: As a friend of the couple, I can’t keep silent anymore. This is the actual picture of what the bride looked like. The rest have been lies to destroy the lives of the new couple and may you all be forgiven for the damage you caused the church of God and the new couple. As someone that attended the wedding, the pictures arousing such controversy looks nothing like the bride on her wedding day.

No earring
No lipstick
No fake eye lash
No mascara
No relaxed hair (blow drier & flat iron can do that! by the way, her hair is that long)
No colored eyebrow
No eye shadow
No ring on finger

You compare earlier pictures of a deeper life bride with a turban covered hair. In the Caribbean generally, the thick turban covering is associated with a satanic worship church. Can you imagine? No!! Ignorance is bliss. Is that what you want the new couple subjected to because of your lack of understanding? A joining that appears to be like under Satan because of hair covering as you understand it in your side of the world? God forbid!
If you want to accuse the bride of the gown, is it showing any body parts? I thought this was the idea of modesty. Let not thy unclothedness be discovered.. Love is also not John's lover/heartthrob/girlfriend or any other careless language, these two were brought together led of The Lord though from thousand of miles apart and I'm sure they went through the deeper life church marriage committee process from their countries.

I hope you feel guilty enough to stop all the lies and great damage you have caused a new couple trying to begin a life together hard school of marriage, and added to that has to live with scrutiny on a public scale, all influenced by lies and doctored images from the haters.. Let each man run their own Christian race, not with eye service or an envious mind.

Congrats to the new couple and may God soothe the irreparable damage caused by online social media
P.s there are so many other good things online about Love Odih, not just some fabricated and baseless scandal
[/img]
attached is her professional picture from her law chambers.

n/b i didnt intrude on her privacy ,the pictures are on the linkedl site where everyone can see it

No earring
No lipstick
No fake eye lash
No mascara
No colored eyebrow
No eye shadow
No ring on finger

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 12:22am On Jun 24, 2013
jidegirl12:

Frustrated lonely old sadist, I don't have time for you, you're the one stalking everybody for attention , na today?

Iya e ni were.

How I wish I could get this vile filled syringe into your eyeballs and get it over with grin

waste
Haba of all places. grin grin grin Tis really funny. grin
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by tpia5: 12:57am On Jun 24, 2013
what's funny about it?

when she stabs an umbrella through your eye will it still be funny then?

you people just will not desist until you're six feet under.

well, good for you.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by gentlegg(m): 9:46am On Jun 24, 2013

No earring
No lipstick
No fake eye lash
No mascara
No colored eyebrow
No eye shadow
No ring on finger

Thanks for bringing up this issue of altered picture. Am a Deeperlifer too, since this thread I've been worried with the pictures, though i don't give a dime on how John and Love chose to do their wedding but my only worry is why it was conducted inside deeperlife church. I never thought of the pictures being altered before. As someone that attended the wedding, pls can you help us upload more full, clear pictures of Love Odih during the wedding because this pictures have stirred up a lot of talking even in my area here and maybe to calm the online criticism . Moreover even your own unaltered picture still have issues with it as far Deeperlife is concerned. What of the traditional marriage pictures? I even called my pastor to my office and showed him the pictures in my system, himself was surprised with the bride's attire and he gave his condemnation.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 24, 2013
misto: let me clear u guys doubt, ignorance and misleading press report av made most of u here to say wrong tinz nd incuring the wrath of God on urselves. Those who av made this thread ur job to accuse and criticize from a negative perspective because of ur hatred 4 deeper life. From authoritative source in newyork usa where john lives, d WEDDING did NOT take place in DEEPER LIFE CHURCH. The bride is not a member of the church. And moreso d dad past. Kumuyi cannot force his son of over 27yrs to marry in d church. Pls al of u speaking against the pastor should ask 4 forgiveness.

That's impossible. Because the both of them are well known choristers in the deeperlife church at new york. Except they decided to leave for the sake of the wedding
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 24, 2013
SailorXY:
^^ if u can believe someone can never go through the pain to adjust pictures because the person got beef, why will you believe another person is going through same pain to correct the anomaly?? SMDcck

Cos they hadn't expected that things would escalate this way? A smart move to repair the damaged reputation of the church
And by the way there's not even an obvious difference between the two pictures. Just the hair and probably the lipstick. Doesn't change anything
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by bukatyne(f): 12:04pm On Jun 24, 2013
Image123:

Deep lifers did that and not us. Don't you notice that OlowoTee seems to suggest that the bride dresses that way because Mummy Kumuyi is dead? That the standards have fallen? Did you not see the poster that was the 'friend' of the bride and tried to debunk the pictures?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Realtym(f): 2:11pm On Jun 24, 2013
tpia@:

wedding gown and veil are for women who are openly sexually active before marriage.

In other words this Kumuyi's new in-law has been sexually active before marraige ko?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 24, 2013
Realtym:
In other words this Kumuyi's new in-law has been sexually active before marraige ko?

Wi grin
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 24, 2013
I asked my friend,a dl member how she did her wedding.she said she wore wedding gown,flowers, veil but no make up.did it in jos and all d wedding she has bn attending were like her own.was suprised when I said skirt and blouse,china white etc.she saw d pictures and laughed. That had it bn there was phone during her own time,she will snap and post for her friends and whatever.
She said maybe the skirt and blouse thing or no flower was lagos style bc for almost her 40 yrs in deeper life in d north(jos precisely),she has not seen such.even said d bride looks very beautiful!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 24, 2013
It is well.... The Lord will judge everybody accordingly.

Ko gba Ariwo atall. ( no qualms)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / Mother Snatches Her Daughter's Husband, Then Gives Birth For Him In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.