Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,114 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) (128860 Views)

Stepmum Ties 2-Year-Old Girl For Soiling Herself (Photo) / A Hilarious Question To A Man Or Woman That Has 10minutes Left To Tie The Knot. / Did You Seek Spiritual Guidance From A Prophet Or A Whali Before Tying The Knot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by teetee123: 7:47pm On Jun 24, 2013
yellowpawpaw: I asked my friend,a dl member how she did her wedding.she said she wore wedding gown,flowers, veil but no make up.did it in jos and all d wedding she has bn attending were like her own.was suprised when I said skirt and blouse,china white etc.she saw d pictures and laughed. That had it bn there was phone during her own time,she will snap and post for her friends and whatever.
She said maybe the skirt and blouse thing or no flower was lagos style bc for almost her 40 yrs in deeper life in d north(jos precisely),she has not seen such.even said d bride looks very beautiful!

I think people are just commenting ignorantly and with negative intent. It is well established that the dressing mode differs according to locality.
Wetin concern them. No matter wetin you do them go talk about you. Pastor K no get you people time. He is busy preparing for the next assignment.
Justices at the Gate of Righteousness. The church is already at the permanent site
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Image123(m): 8:41pm On Jun 24, 2013
bukatyne:

Deep lifers did that and not us. Don't you notice that OlowoTee seems to suggest that the bride dresses that way because Mummy Kumuyi is dead? That the standards have fallen? Did you not see the poster that was the 'friend' of the bride and tried to debunk the pictures?

That's the problem, you're seeing deeper lifers and Olowotee but not yourself. You brought up 'holiness'. Why ask if holiness differs because dressing differs? Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks na.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Image123(m): 8:50pm On Jun 24, 2013
yellowpawpaw: I asked my friend,a dl member how she did her wedding.she said she wore wedding gown,flowers, veil but no make up.did it in jos and all d wedding she has bn attending were like her own.was suprised when I said skirt and blouse,china white etc.she saw d pictures and laughed. That had it bn there was phone during her own time,she will snap and post for her friends and whatever.
She said maybe the skirt and blouse thing or no flower was lagos style bc for almost her 40 yrs in deeper life in d north(jos precisely),she has not seen such.even said d bride looks very beautiful!
another witness, i know osisi and co are still reading.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Ivynwa(f): 9:32pm On Jun 24, 2013
We can argue all we want about this DL (no make up and Mgbeke kinda wedding dress) and (whether Kumuyi's daughter in law should not look as beautiful as she wants on her wedding in order to impress others that have no mind of their own and prefer to be shackled by their fellow man/woman's whims) yet nothing changes the fact that we are not only free to put on make-up but also free to worship and wed in whatever types of clothes we like as long as we look modest in them. People overdo these things in some of our churches.

How can they make such man-made fr*aking law that has women looking ugly and fat in that mgbeke dress grin on their wedding day? They should let women be free to look sweet and feminine. We were made beautiful, soft and lovely for good purposes. Do you think that God does not know what he is doing when he created women and gave them all those beautiful curves and bootlicious booties? He was only trying to make us look attractive to men, not that we should dress n-aked to show the curves. A woman can still dress modestly and still look curvy and feminine, a woman hiding all those beautiful curves God gave her in that Mgbeke dress is not fair to the one who spent time making her. Please these churches should back off and let girls/women be feminine.

Kumuyi's DIL is free to wear make-up and any beautiful wedding dress she likes. Nobody should shackle others with those ridiculous rules please. If the sisters in the DL church vex too much they should develop minds of their own, unshackle themselves and begin to be their real selves. Why are people complaining and sulking like "He made us wear all those archaic/mgbeke dresses and now see what his DIL is wearing", it shows that they were not keeping those rules out of their own volition but were merely shackled by the rules. We don't have to look ugly and mournful in churches to show that we are so into God, we can look modest and beautiful in the presence of God and still connect to God. Modesty isn't looking shabby and unkempt. Thank you.

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Ivynwa(f): 9:55pm On Jun 24, 2013
jidegirl12: ^^ go to bed and keep that woman Tpia on top of your prayer points, she needs a man, ( to fk her head off cheesy) , children , job and a LIFE. Or she no go gree leave other happily married/ engaged Women alone.

Jide Babes, didn't I tell you that Tpia Sweetie is my friend? wink
You mustn't talk to Tpianwam/Tpiababy me like that for me abeg abeg however much she offends you biko.
If she offends you again you can tell me and I will talk to her, okay Baby? grin

tpia@:

shut up, you lying pig.

madam, you need a stronger dose of your psychiatric medication.

please log off nairaland and get help before you land in your gutter.

were, from idile were grin

Jeez! Tiibaby/Tiinwa sweet sweet.
Ple-a-a-a-as-e don't say these things. I beg you sweetheart. kiss grin
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jun 24, 2013
Ivynwa:

Jide Babes, didn't I tell you that Tpia Sweetie is my friend? wink
You mustn't talk to Tpianwam/Tpiababy me like that for me abeg abeg however much she offends you biko.
If she offends you again you can tell me and I will talk to her, okay Baby? grin

You're too nice... the situation of the situation on ground needs a serious situation cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Ivynwa(f): 2:56am On Jun 25, 2013
The sweet freedom to worship as you like is why I can't stop liking Pastor Adefarasin's "House on the rock church". One look forward to going to church there, if you wake up and decides to throw on your jeans to church----you can. You can dress as sweetly and gorgeously as you like and still get out plenty experience from the church. Get to enjoy and communicate with God with sweet and heartful praise and worship, enjoy hearing the word of God being preached to you from great points/angles that drive home the message to you. Have the choir serenade your spirit amazingly. Go home feeling like you just went to the greatest praise jam on earth like you gave your spirit a nice time and took it clubbing in a spirit filled manner. grin grin

There's this other spirit filled Pastor I like very much in Lagos Pastor Lazarus Muoka. I like the anointing of God in him and sometimes worship there, the only problem I have with fellowshipping there is that the man made laws are too many. The last time I was there they were looking at my ear rings like I came from the moon and I was chilling ignoring whoever decides to follow rules like a mindless person.
I even pity the Kumuyi's daughter in law and what stress and tension she must have been put through trying hard to dress and please the church people. The wedding dress looks like a very stylish wedding dress that had to be sewn again to cover the top part of her body well. Her face shows that this is a lady that enjoys doing her make up but had to make do with just powder and a nicely arched brow so as to be as minimal as possible. Do they want her to look like Ada mmanwu (masquarade) in order to please people? Children of God deserves beautiful wedding dresses that reflects the glory of God too not ones that makes one want to mourn with the bride while her husband is still alive. grin grin

jidegirl12:

You're too nice... the situation of the situation on ground needs a serious situation cheesy cheesy cheesy

Abeg leave Tpianwa m for me Ojare. grin grin
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by jlounge: 5:31am On Jun 25, 2013
In all Christians are to remain Christ-like and so live as those that must give account. Some may understand that you wed on a day to spend a lifetime together, 'happily' concretizing dreams. The pockets of bachelors going into weddings aren't the same. That you spend less doesn't mean your home will be better than the one who spends more. Spending within your means is the real deal. If one can afford to feed a whole city, its his choice. When the pomp and pageantry is over however and the crowd goes home, how is it thereafter? Does the home stand to glorify God or does the union all but 'un-unite'? Eyewitnesses to this wedding will know more facts than the media or anyone else conjures. There's no assembly, sect or persuasion flawless that doesn't attract one form of criticism or the other. By the way Church buildings have doors and options abound. The people who remain there do so by choice. Wishing John and Love Kumuyi the best of married life

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 25, 2013
smiley
Thank you all for your commendations, admonitions. We never knew we had so many terrific friends online who care so much about us. Remember, God had a plan when he formed us. He wants us to live a righteous life that pleases Him at all time. And, if you are in a bible believing church, I congratulate YOU! Pls, hold on to the doctrine of Christ.

Yes, we may belong to different part of Christ's body, however, we are ONE body in Christ 

Importantly, may, I use this medium to invite everyone of you to a forth coming event, it's our mid-year celebration. A monthly program that you could watch online and if possible...attend!

It's been an awesome monthly programme and God has been faithful to His WORD.

Pls, join us this weekend on June 29th and 30th at the DL Conference Centre, Ibadan-Express way. 

God Bless you reaaal good. Loads of love to every one. #Una thank you oo cheesy

PS: Find attached for further information. #Blessings!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by DeeperdanNY: 8:18pm On Jun 25, 2013
http://209.147.125.140/dclmMediaFiles/video/2008Europe/BLP28080802.wmv

Little foxes little folly and little fire.
There's only one standard in Deeper Life. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. We are not divided against our leader and our LORD. L post the link (GS Video)above for members of [size=8pt]Deeper Life.It is one message for all, same standard for all from the pulpit to the pew. Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas. East, West, South, North.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by ihesiuloa(m): 8:35am On Jun 26, 2013
i'm glad to know that deeper lifer's is begining to realize that they are part of this earthly world till we go and meet the Lord in heaven! i was groomed in deeper life even till my early adult hood! we can no longer pretend that we are in fast and moden times and being ignorant of this puts us in padition, i believe that its not any church doctrine that would determine ones transition to heaven or hell, rather its our salvation! thats why the Bible tells us to work out our salvation with fear and trembling.. come to think of it.. before deeper life souls has been going to heaven and even after the exit of deeper life soul's will still be going to heaven! not doctrine.
we must move with less we could choose to live in the stone age the choice is ours.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by biolabee(m): 10:24am On Jun 26, 2013
bukatyne: I don't understand why some deeper lifers are trying so hard to explain away these pictures. I have read funny points like:

The groom might not be born again
The father might nt have approved
There are different standards of dressing etc.

We all know that other members will never be allowed to wear this. For those saying that they have different standard of dressing across board, does it mean some parishes are holier than others or is there classic and modern parishes? Most dl members have painted the picture that people dressed apart from their way is a sinner. So where is the talk of different standards coming from?

There is no need to explain anything. The couple have wedded the way they like. We pray these privileges is extended to all members so we stop seeing weddings like funeral ceremonies and couples looking like chief mourners.

nice one... Why the DL members are justifying the wedding and then saying Kumuyi is a holy man beats me
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by bukatyne(f): 10:47am On Jun 26, 2013
Double Post
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by bukatyne(f): 10:47am On Jun 26, 2013
Image123:
That's the problem, you're seeing deeper lifers and Olowotee but not yourself. You brought up 'holiness'. Why ask if holiness differs because dressing differs? Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks na.

You are not getting the point or closing your eyes to it. Some Deeper lifers said dressing outside the usual mode of DL dressing is wrong and sinful. Someone even tried to analyse the bride's dressing 'no mascara, no powder, no lipstick' etc. meaning the poster feels those things are wrong. You and co are saying that these things are allowed per location hence the talk of holiness. This means that if a DLer like 'the friend of the bride' relocates to a branch where Love's dressing is deemed modest, she will believe the members have 'backslidden' or 'not born again'.

There are generally two issues on this thread:

1. Non DLers: Is this not hypocritical, would any random member be allowed to dress like this? FYI, we do not see her dressing as wrong. e.g. bukatyne;

2. DLers: There are two schools of thought.

i. Different dressing are allowed in various parishes or areas e.g. image123 etc.;

ii. All DLers dress alike and Love must have backslidden/ not born again/ not married in DL etc. e.g. Olowotee etc. An extreme view is the pictures were photoshopped to cause controversy e.g. friend of the bride

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by biolabee(m): 1:09pm On Jun 26, 2013
Youve killed it

should we start on the other things banned by the DL

Use of no drugs, no TV,

Do you know how many people have died because using of drugs is frowned upon

bukatyne:

You are not getting the point or closing your eyes to it. Some Deeper lifers said dressing outside the usual mode of DL dressing is wrong and sinful. Someone even tried to analyse the bride's dressing 'no mascara, no powder, no lipstick' etc. meaning the poster feels those things are wrong. You and co are saying that these things are allowed per location hence the talk of holiness. This means that if a DLer like 'the friend of the bride' relocates to a branch where Love's dressing is deemed modest, she will believe the members have 'backslidden' or 'not born again'.

There are generally two issues on this thread:

1. Non DLers: Is this not hypocritical, would any random member be allowed to dress like this? FYI, we do not see her dressing as wrong. e.g. bukatyne;

2. DLers: There are two schools of thought.

i. Different dressing are allowed in various parishes or areas e.g. image123 etc.;

ii. All DLers dress alike and Love must have backslidden/ not born again/ not married in DL etc. e.g. Olowotee etc. An extreme view is the pictures were photoshopped to cause controversy e.g. friend of the bride
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 26, 2013
Bukatyne
Let it go..
Let this slip..off.

It's no point going forth and back on this issue. Atleast, for the sake of the father of John. I beg,cheesy drop off those analysis. What matters most is getting to heaven on the last day. Every church got their principles which are set up to guard their members towards getting it right with God. Respect DL view, which might be so different from others. However, it does not mean that those outside DL cannot still worship God in truth and in spirit. Every church got her governing body and constitutions, but that of Christ is foundational.

For the love of Christ, there are more important things to think about and to do. Such as reaching out to others, burning out for God. People need the LORD...Let us not allow the enemy to fill out heart with bitterness, sprewing things that are not upright. Let this argument go..oti sun mi. LOL.

God bless you. Shalom
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by biolabee(m): 1:42pm On Jun 26, 2013
if there are more important matters than these.. what of the thousands of people excommunicated for not following church doctrines, not using drugs and have died off from no medication,

OlowoTee: Bukatyne
Let it go..
Let this slip..off.

It's no point going forth and back on this issue. Atleast, for the sake of the father of John. I beg,cheesy drop off those analysis. What matters most is getting to heaven on the last day. Every church got their principles which are set up to guard their members towards getting it right with God. Respect DL view, which might be so different from others. However, it does not mean that those outside DL cannot still worship God in truth and in spirit. Every church got her governing body and constitutions, but that of Christ is foundational.

For the love of Christ, there are more important things to think about and to do. Such as reaching out to others, burning out for God. People need the LORD...Let us not allow the enemy to fill out heart with bitterness, sprewing things that are not upright. Let this argument go..oti sun mi. LOL.

God bless you. Shalom
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by bukatyne(f): 1:46pm On Jun 26, 2013
OlowoTee: Bukatyne
Let it go..
Let this slip..off.

God bless you. Shalom

OlowoTee, you should follow Image123 and I's conversation. I am not 'holding' anything.

Shalom
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 26, 2013
biolabee: if there are more important matters than these.. what of the thousands of people excommunicated for not following church doctrines, not using drugs and have died off from no medication,

Biolaaaaa!
Who told you we don't use drugs? Wrong information ni yen o. Like I said, all churches have their principles. Jehovah Witness don't accept blood donations, Faith Apostolic don't use drugs, etc

No thousands of people have been excommunicated. I have been in that church for more than thirty years and really I cannot remember anyone who was excommunicated! I am not disputing the fact that some might have been, however, this is to tell you that they must be SO few! And they must have been excommunicated for some reaaally grievous sins.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by biolabee(m): 2:04pm On Jun 26, 2013
Madam are u saying that DLBC never at any point in time frowned against use of western medicine...

OlowoTee:

Biolaaaaa!
Who told you we don't use drugs? Wrong information ni yen o. Like I said, all churches have their principles. Jehovah Witness don't accept blood donations, Faith Apostolic don't use drugs, etc

No thousands of people have been excommunicated. I have been in that church for more than thirty years and really I cannot remember anyone who was excommunicated! I am not disputing the fact that some were, however, this is to tell you that they must be SO few! And they must have been excommunicated for some reaaally grievous sins.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 26, 2013
Your faith in God is highly emphasised when faced with any unpleasant and pleasant situations #difficulties, #sickness etc. So people who chose not to take drugs, do so based on their believe in God for healing. It wasn't enforced that members should not take western medicine etc. Maybe, If you meant traditional medicine, I would have said a resounding YES! I don't know how "agbo" tastes till today cheesy I remember my pappa never used drugs until some 2years ago!!!! And he never forced that on anyone...smiley
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Wahala90: 2:54pm On Jun 26, 2013
funnyx: He promote gulder with the keys in his pocket? The keys not even bought with his own money? Abeg park well jor!

The keys are permanently in his pockets? So how come it was seen. Must you buy a promo item before using it to promote a product? Na wa sef ooooo!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by bukatyne(f): 3:41pm On Jun 26, 2013
OlowoTee: Your faith in God is highly emphasised when faced with any unpleasant and pleasant situations #difficulties, #sickness etc. So people who chose not to take drugs, do so based on their believe in God for healing. It wasn't enforced that members should not take western medicine etc. Maybe, If you meant traditional medicine, I would have said a resounding YES! I don't know how "agbo" tastes till today cheesy I remember my pappa never used drugs until some 2years ago!!!! And he never forced that on anyone...smiley

And what is wrong with normal agbo?

What were the Christians before western medicine came using?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by biolabee(m): 3:47pm On Jun 26, 2013
OlowoTee: Your faith in God is highly emphasised when faced with any unpleasant and pleasant situations #difficulties, #sickness etc. So people who chose not to take drugs, do so based on their believe in God for healing. It wasn't enforced that members should not take western medicine etc. Maybe, If you meant traditional medicine, I would have said a resounding YES! I don't know how "agbo" tastes till today cheesy I remember my pappa never used drugs until some 2years ago!!!! And he never forced that on anyone...smiley

i thought you were going to lie ...

i never said agbo... i said western medicine

if i may ask, why will deeper life advocate non usage of medicine
do you know how many people have died or whose ailments became worse because of some doctrine

Now that his own son wants to do marriage.. it is cool to look ok and trendy
what of countless people who had to wear satin...

what do you think
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 26, 2013
biolabee:

i thought you were going to lie ...

i never said agbo... i said western medicine

if i may ask, why will deeper life advocate non usage of medicine
do you know how many people have died or whose ailments became worse because of some doctrine

Now that his own son wants to do marriage.. it is cool to look ok and trendy
what of countless people who had to wear satin...

what do you think

No, the church never advocated non-usage of western medicine. We visit hospital when necessary and take drugs. Have you ever visited the church, pls? Or you are saying all of these based on what you've heard? #justCurious smiley
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by biolabee(m): 4:41pm On Jun 26, 2013
OlowoTee:

No, the church never advocated non-usage of western medicine. We visit hospital when necessary and take drugs. Have you ever visited the church, pls? Or you are saying all of these based on what you've heard? #justCurious smiley

i was a member for years,,, from childhood.. up til Uni

Im surprised you are coming out here to say DL members were encouraged to use drugs...

I wonder why your family member does not use drugs
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 26, 2013

I have answered your question, here. smiley
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by biolabee(m): 4:51pm On Jun 26, 2013
interesting...... the doctrines that defined DLBC are now stylishly being acst aside as what they are

Someone i know back then who nearly died because his folks believed in no usage of drugs

Do you know how many marriages have been destroyed because of these same doctrines....

So DL people now also do MOG - worship unabashedly

when will the PJ be gotten for the man of God
OlowoTee:

I have answered your question, here. smiley
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 26, 2013
biolabee:

i was a member for years,,, from childhood.. up til Uni

Im surprised you are coming out here to say DL members were encouraged to use drugs...

I wonder why your family member does not use drugs

From Childhood to University?!! Wow! You should know better.

Biola this is plain falsehood, really. At no point in time was it said that DL member should [b]NOT[/b]use western medicine. Fortunately, I came visiting my parents now and they also objected to your point.

The only church they do know so well that do not promote use of western medicine, then...was Christ Apostolic Church(our formal church). She confirmed it that sadly people truly died because of this...however, this wasn't in DL.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 26, 2013
The mere fact that a family member does not use it does not in any way suggest that the it was a contrabond. cheesy Popsy never used it, because he trusted God enough for healing, and this works for him.. He was forced to change his opinion only recently by medical personnels. smiley
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by baby124: 5:35pm On Jun 26, 2013
wow *phew*. This thread is still ongoing. shocked
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by biolabee(m): 6:41pm On Jun 26, 2013
Ok then .. Since I don't know better

I am telling you what I know and saw family members who didn't belivee in drugs or even surgical operation and you are saying I don't know what I'm saying

I just say may God grant succour to those misled by legalistic doctrines

Ish

OlowoTee:

From Childhood to University?!! Wow! You should know better.

Biola this is plain falsehood, really. At no point in time was it said that DL member should [b]NOT[/b]use western medicine. Fortunately, I came visiting my parents now and they also objected to your point.

The only church they do know so well that do not promote use of western medicine, then...was Christ Apostolic Church(our formal church). She confirmed it that sadly people truly died because of this...however, this wasn't in DL.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.