Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,247 members, 7,818,840 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

What Lurks In The Dark - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Lurks In The Dark (32887 Views)

Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) / The Dark Tommorow / The Dark Side Of “christ Embassy” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 6:07pm On Oct 04, 2013
E<R>F:
Wow. . .wow. . .wow! Intriguing!!

This is really nice. You write just the way i'd like to write. The message being passed, the teaches, adventure and the rest of it; that's how i would wanto write.

I'm now your number one fan ow. . . .

Lemme read the earlier updates
Please update soonessst. . . smiley

THANKS BRO-
-i'm glad you noticed the silent but salient messages whispering in an undertone like a background music callin to the natives of this world in simple words-

thats that- kip followin- i app.

to DAMMEY
you still my fan bro, he would have to earn your place
llollz
;-)
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 6:12pm On Oct 04, 2013
Daniel2802: Boy u dy try.

thanks my man
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by ERF: 7:04pm On Oct 04, 2013
Okay. Lemme talk:

There is an aberrant posibility that Pastor Salame might be your father OR he've got a tie with you NOT probably because he's gay and wants you.

Anyhow im end sha..

I couldn't read the back, i'd like to flow along with you!
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 5:50am On Oct 05, 2013
E<R>F:
Okay. Lemme talk:

There is an aberrant posibility that Pastor Salame might be your father OR he've got a tie with you NOT probably because he's gay and wants you.

Anyhow im end sha..

I couldn't read the back, i'd like to flow along with you!

nice presumption
theres the likelyhood++but how good can u guess
we'll get to know soon-
_
thanks bro
concernin readin d previous i didnt rilly get wat u min
buh if u cant get bk- its no p, we'll just continue
the story explains it self from all angles even the centre-ull flow
:-)
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Daniel2802(m): 7:03am On Oct 05, 2013
I got ur back. wink
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by ERF: 9:22am On Oct 05, 2013
jayloyexten:

nice presumption
theres the likelyhood++but how good can u guess
we'll get to know soon-
_
thanks bro
concernin readin d previous i didnt rilly get wat u min
buh if u cant get bk- its no p, we'll just continue
the story explains it self from all angles even the centre-ull flow smiley

Yap. I meant that your story is almost impeccable, that with were i began reading it, i had understood almost everything; you even flash back to some events, and i grabbed them. I'ave read the first page but if the story would not end soon, i shouldn't rush it. . . Shey?
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 9:48pm On Oct 05, 2013
Daniel2802: I got ur back. wink

tnx man
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 9:56pm On Oct 05, 2013
E<R>F:

Yap. I meant that your story is almost impeccable, that with were i began reading it, i had understood almost everything; you even flash back to some events, and i grabbed them. I'ave read the first page but if the story would not end soon, i shouldn't rush it. . . Shey?

thats great!
well, about the story ending very soon, i cant assure you-
i can only say that the story has gone a long way

a story is just like you and me
it has a life of its own.

thankz bro

1 Like

Re: What Lurks In The Dark by ERF: 11:28pm On Oct 05, 2013
jayloyexten:

thats great!
well, about the story ending very soon, i cant assure you-
i can only say that the story has gone a long way

a story is just like you and me
it has a life of its own.

thankz bro

Yur welcome Sire.

Please we are waiting ow...
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 1:12pm On Oct 06, 2013
as u wait for the next episode why not have a stroll to my blog
new post Poetry- I WANT TO GROW!( Nigeria)

jayloyexten.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 07, 2013
JAYLOY! JAYLOY!! JAYLOY!!!

congrats on makin frontpage man...am so happy for U...

mehn am really proud of you and your writings . ur really doing a good
job and like papilo ah know say one day U go make us proud.......#gifted
fella....#sfg tinz
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 12:36pm On Oct 07, 2013
fr3edoh: JAYLOY! JAYLOY!! JAYLOY!!!

mehn am really proud of you and your writings . ur really doing a good job and like papilo ah know say one day U go make us proud.......#gifted fella....#sfg tinz

Fran6 yo!

sfg# for life!
thanks mahn- never knew u were on Naira-
toh lets solifluct- ;-)

lets roll-
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 2:28pm On Oct 07, 2013
next episode

85 percent...
loading-

oooops! battery low-

expect it in some hours
;-)
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 3:52pm On Oct 08, 2013
EPISODE 37

As I took it step by step towards the door that led out of the living room but into the mysterious passage, all my heart whispered was ‘Amanda’, she was indeed a gift sent from God. Probably God had seen the injustice that stole my lover away ‘Sandra’; he had decided to comfort me.

However, something bothered my mind as pertaining Amanda; I could not still really get myself to trust her, although the event in the passage should make me do so. Hours ago when I met her in this mysterious passage, the first thing that came to my mind was evil. She had tried to prove it to me that she was not evil I believed. In fact, we both are victimized of the same evil, but, there was still a but…

I could read lies in her face. I did not know what she did not say right or what she said right, all I knew was that she was keeping something back from me, I saw it in her eyes but I could not figure it out. Is she true? I asked my self again, as if I had never tried to sort things out before.

However, I still found it beautiful to meet her again. At least I have a person that would make me feel strong all through the night. Although the time had been far spent, the time I walked out of the living room was 4:20 am; already there was no night to spend, but a fearful wait for day-break; the break of new troubles.

My eyes were no longer heavy, I had dozed before, but with about three soul quaking slaps that came from that night, sleep and her angels were sent to abyss of Hades.

I wondered what Amanda was doing now; probably she was asleep. But would she have the courage to close her eyes in this Empire of evil?

Pastor Salami had walked ahead of me before he changed his mind on me going first. As I walked past him, I did not know if I was meant to say good night, or I was just to walk away.
I looked at him, our eyes met, he shook his head, I shook my head to and passed.
As I passed him, he spoke from behind me.

‘Few people see the good part of me in this Empire, count your self lucky. Nevertheless, tomorrow, you would see the deep zeal I have for cannibalism, spiritism and worthy sacrifice.’

Then I turned to him and spoke. My right hand man also turned.
I said
‘You can declare that God has ordered you to sacrifice me. That is fine!
But maybe you can’t see what I am seeing, history is about to repeat her self. Just like God told Abraham to sacrifice Isaac, a young lad of about my age. Abraham was righteous, although not in the fashion of your righteousness. He tried to obey God, the knife was in his hand and as he was about to sink the knife into his heart, God called him from Heaven, and told him to refrain from killing the child.
Not too far from there was a ram caught by its horn in the woods.’
I did not know how or where the inspiration came, but somehow I had made a prophesy into my future.

‘That is just a segment of history. The history that would be fulfilled is like that of the beheading of John the Baptist; there was no savior to rescue him, his head was given to the little girl who requested it.’

His tone changed to ridicule

‘Go to bed, you said you were not scared of death, or are you now guilty of what you accused me of, inconsistence of philosophies?’

I looked at him, I did not utter a word, rather I turned my back to him, as my right hand man perceived that the conversation was over between us, he went ahead.

The pastor spoke behind me-
‘If only you had kissed me, I would have considered saving you from death, but you spat on my face. I swear you will pay for the evil you did.
I turned my head slightly to the back and gave him a shut-up-look.
Then he burst into wild laughter,
‘Look at him, he does not know how miserable he is, he still has a mouth to speak nonsense.’

My right hand man opened the door that led into the crescent passage. As I saw the passage, I began to remember all that happened within that short time in this small place.

I closed the door behind me. However, as I closed the door I wished it were not just the door I closed, but also the door of pastor Salami in my life.

Or could it be that I just did that?

The passage is painted white with glossy paint mixed with tiny but fine stones.
Its width is about six meters (quite large.)
On my right hand were no rooms at all. I mean there was no door that led to any room; it was just a plain wall.

The first room we approached on our left was a lavatory, the room where I had had my convenience.
Next to the door was another door, I thought we were going to enter there, but eventually we did not. Then I remembered that when Amanda followed the legless shoe, she vanished into the curve of the crescent.

The ceiling was made of Plaster Of Paris (POP).
On it were tiny round bulbs fixed inside the ceiling, but of equal level to the ceiling. The bulbs doubled on each line and ran through the whole passage into the curve.
The room reeked of coffee. Before the door that led to the lavatory was a small device on the wall. The best way I could describe it was ‘perfume dispenser.’ It dispensed something that smelled like coffee every thirty seconds.

The place was cold, but I did not observe any air conditioner around. The ground was made of tiles. With my snickers on, I could still imagine how cold the tiles were.

Opposite the next door to the lavatory was a picture of Mona Lisa, a replica of Da Vinci’s famous painting. I had heard of so many myths related to the drawing, myths of her been hermaphrodite, it concealing some deep meaning and many more stories related to the opposition of Christianity. Well those were just perspectives, what I saw in the picture was nothing but an ordinary woman whose eyes called for sheer pity.

Ahead of us was where the passage curved.

My impression as we approached the curve was the sight of a normal passage which runs on leveled ground. But what I saw was quite unexpected. The architectural design of the passage was just so wonderful.
As we turned into the curve, we took about five steps and then we descended down a stair case. The steps were not so long, there were just about seven steps descending down. At the end of the steps was a short plain ground; ahead was a door. On the door was a small diagram of a human skull. The skull served as the door ringer.

As my right hand held the knob, I waited with impatience to see what lurked for me in the room, but then he suddenly freezed. My curiosity hightened.
It was like he was thinking of something, what is important than opening the door.
He stood backing me, he did not turn; he did not budge.
Ten seconds passed and his hands were still on the knob.

My heart beat increased
‘What is happening.’ I asked my self
The memories of the horror films I had watched before came rushing into my head like the tsunami.
Usually in such scene, a man after standing without moving for a while could just turn back and to the victims’ surprise, such a person had soon transformed into a vampire, a familiar or something evil.

Well since what was happening was beginning to have the semblance of such films; I had to do what the victims of such films usually do.
But I can not run? I must be sure that what I am scared of is really happening, what is he changing into, if he must change into anything it must be a volturis, that is to say vulture.

I wanted to call his name and ask him what was wrong, probably my voice could stop his transition. But I did not even know his name, so I decided to ask him.

‘Sorry what is your name’ I asked as I drew closer; wanting my voice to bring him back to earth.

He did not still seem to be back into this world, so I tapped him.
As I touched, him he reacted immediately and turned.
He was taller than me, so I was looking at him like I was gazing at the stars.

I asked again.
‘Please sir what is your name?’

He still did not say anything; he just stared.
But this time he didn’t look at me with that hatred look as before, I saw a bit of emotion in his eyes but I could not discern what emotion was in his eyes.

At last after taking some time more he finally answered.
‘Solomon’ his voice was deep and coarse.
But he did not still take his gaze from me.
What is he looking at? Did I look familiar, what is he up to?

He dipped his right hand into his overall.
My heart started panting. The last time he dipped his hands into that overall there was just one thing that came out, and that was a gun.

Why would he want to kill me? Does he hates me that much? All the sins I committed were only directional to pastor Salami, or were they not?
I was searching for one reason why he must kill me, why he must pull the trigger, but I found none.
Then suddenly a thought flashed my mind, and I grinned.

Does he want to kill me because of his lover Pastor Salami? Was it because he fell into an irritating love with me? so he is still upset. When did he become like the lovers of the Shakespearean age who would not mind daring a goliath to a duel, so long such a one whispered a love song to their lovers, or picked her for a waltz dance in a large ballet. Has he become a Romeo? Or what kind of passionate gay love could this be?

He kept his eyes on mine, but my eyes were transfixed on was his hand, that in slow motion brought out the armor of death.
As I saw that the gun was almost revealed, I negotiated for my life.
Was this the plan, have I been fooled that the sacrifice is for Friday?
After all I did not hear all what the pastor had whispered to him in their passionate embrace.

My heart felt sore, I was because I feared that I would never see Amanda again, probably she is already dead.

Suddenly, I felt I had inkling to what was happening.
When he said that the priest said I should be kept in the same room with Amanda; he wasn’t talking about me as a living soul, but as a dead body. Amanda is dead, certain, and I was going to sleep with her as a dead man. Then probably one Yoruba priest whose face has been covered with tattoo and ash would carry out the rituals. I remembered what grasshopper said when he came in into the living room before he died.
He said
‘Pastor, everything is set’
I nodded my head in disbelief.

My eyes became cloudy; I thought I had longer years on the face of the earth.
Really, the pastor was right when he said
‘You do not know how miserable you are’

Taekwando in full stormed my mind all of a sudden. Why would I let a one man, with one gun, kill me in a tight corner, am I a chicken? I prepared my self. However, something struck my mind almost immediately
I remembered what our taekwando teacher usually say back then in high school.

‘Your ability to fight is and should always be your last resort. Do not forget that the greatest weapon of war, the most ballistic missile and the deadliest atomic bomb is your mouth, the way you use words…’

Bending on that backdrop, I made the wise choice of negotiation.

‘Why do you want kill me, am I not kept for sacrifice, this is not the right time, I still have more time to spend on earth. Or do you want to disobey what the priest said, what pastor Salami said, what your lover said. I am not to die now, I saw the way you have been thinking about it; that good voice that spake at first is right, listen to it, its called your conscience’

His facial expression changed. I felt I had bought the trouble that was not mine.

‘Who wants to kill you, what shall it profit me to kill you? After all you are a dead man in the habiliment of the living!’

I did not know what to say at first
‘but-but- you know I know what you are bringing out of that overall the last time you brought it out Grasshopper died’

‘Oh you mean the gun, this?’

Before I could say any thing he brought out the gun and pointed it at me, the next thing I heard was
GBbOoArRgGhH!

My self-defense tactics had just failed me. The only defense I had just put forth was similar to the ostrich. I had shut my eyes; so foolish of me.

Suddenly I did not hear anything.
Of course, I knew that when an individual dies he would hear nothing at first but after a while, he would begin to hear crying from hell if doomed, or celebrations from heaven if saved, but I heard nothing.

For the first time I considered the idea of purgatory, a place somewhere in the clouds where some souls hang when dead, effective supplications could throw them to hell and vice versa. That was where I had reached.

Suddenly, I heard my heart panting vehemently again, I began to feel the veins in my eyes, I was alive, I had another chance.
But who did he shoot? I heard a gun shot or didn’t I?

As I opened my eyes gradually, I saw something funny; impatiently, I flung my eyes opened.
This is unbelievable! The weapon that was pointing at me was nothing but my phone.

It was then I understood what happened.
He had brought out my phone gently, he was to evil for me to trust him, and so I assumed that he was bringing out a gun. The fear had eaten me like the locust. As suddenly he brought it out, my fears manifested, I saw what I wanted to see.
The gun shot was no gunshot in reality but a fearful sound he made by using his voice.

I opened my eyes in bewilderment; this is unbelievable; my courage had failed me, ‘am I this fearful?’
Indeed the heart is deceptive we do not known what we want, what we believe, what we are until there is a manifestation.

I faced reality.
I shrugged my shoulders to feign that I was not scared, but it was too obvious. The smile that spread on his face said it all. Now he would know how scared I could be sometimes, he has known my weak point and I felt unsecured.

‘Take your phone’ he said
His smile suddenly disappeared.
I looked at him surprised; this man hates me so much, what has gotten into his head? Why would he return my phone to me, does he not know that with that phone I could call the world on them and they will be all be dead?

‘I thought I heard the pastor order you to give it to the priest so that he could check it for bug. You know he does not trust my dad. Or what is all this saccharine niceness for, it’s absurd!’ I declared

‘That is what the pastor said, accepted, but this is what I want to do. Would you be so foolish to see a golden opportunity and walk away from it?’

‘Why should I trust you, when you hate me so much? You even reported me to the pastor, why this sudden change. Please you can have the phone, after all what do I need the phone for? The dead do not use phones it is for the living! Please have the phone to yourself. Take me to my room, my eyes are heavy, I beg you’

‘I mean it have the phone’ he insisted
He made his voice softer, I just could not understand what was happening and why it was happening, it did not sound real, not a bit
I tried to imagine what he was up to, but I found no clue

‘Have the phone I mean it’ he offered again.
I looked at him, our eyes met. In his eyes was a strong face of sincerity, he looked real.

‘All right’ I finally concurred.

I reached for my phone that was hanging in front of my face. I held the phone in order to collect it, but he did not release it. I applied a little pressure, but he hardened his grip. I got fed up and quit.

‘What is all this?’ I asked exasperated.

He gave me a funny look.

‘Why then did tell me to have it when you were not going to give me in the long run’ I spluttered

‘Of course I do want to give you’

‘Then give me’

‘In this world nothing goes for nothing’

‘But you did not say that at first’

‘And I am saying that now. Nothing goes for nothing’

I looked at him. What is this man talking about? I wondered

‘Okay what is the something you want?’ I questioned

He grinned.
I had never seen him grinned, and he looked ugly when he did. He had open teeth that looked like the combination of stalagmite and stalactite forming a pillar as common in caves or limestone regions.

‘What I want is simple, sleep with me, I would satisfy you. I know you are a virgin. I saw how unprofessional you tried in vain to woo a girl in the bus’

‘Please don’t mention her name’ I pretended not to hear his first offer.

He shoved me with his hands.
‘Didn’t you hear me, I said if you sleep with me tonight you would enjoy me, in fact it would be the best day of your life’

‘I thought you said you are a Yoruba man, and cherish respect a lot, does this not sound so downgrading to you? I also know that the Yorubas are decent people with a beautiful culture, I am sure you do not want to be the opposite. Well, I am just reminding you’

He did not say anything, I saw how his muscles stretched. He struggled to neutralize the big stroke of insult that had just landed on his face; although I had not insulted him.

‘Do not try to be rude, it’s just a deal’

‘You mean I should become gay because I want my phone back? God forbid!’

‘No! Not just for your phone, but because you want your life back’

I did not know what to say.
He continued.

‘Look I can get you out of this place if you pass the night with me. I have the power to do so, I know the secret place out of this empire, I want to help you, but you must help me first’

‘but-‘ I tried to say.

‘Don’t but anything, do it for your life, no price is to big to pay for life. Well, except if you want to die. But if I were you I wouldn’t think twice when such a golden opportunity crosses my way. Be quick, don’t be foolish!’

I stared.

‘Just a night with him and I would get out of here. Just a night with him and my sorrows would be ended, just a night and my life would be preserved…’
I considered his words in my mind.

In his eyes, I saw impatience; he could not wait for me to say YES.

I'M SORRY FOR THE LATE UPLOAD I HAD SOME UGLY IMPEDIMENTS.
thanks.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 08, 2013
mehn your sense of description is just out of this world...ah could imagin d teeth hangin out like stalacmite and stalatite lols...

1 Like

Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 08, 2013
sometimes ah just imagine d huge sigh of relief ah would let out when you finally tell us U woke up from dis long, nasty, scary, breathtaking dream of yours.....or am I goin to b dissappointed...
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by sconp: 9:45pm On Oct 08, 2013
Ghen ghen. . Did he agree?
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 10:54am On Oct 09, 2013
fr3edoh: sometimes ah just imagine d huge sigh of relief ah would let out when you finally tell us U woke up from dis long, nasty, scary, breathtaking dream of yours.....or am I goin to b dissappointed...

dream ke-
well u ma be disappointed
;-)

thanks man
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 10:58am On Oct 09, 2013
scon-p:
Ghen ghen. . Did he agree?

maybe
;-)
lollz
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 12:03pm On Oct 10, 2013
update loading...50 percnt-

hint- -im cryin for DAVID RYT NAW!!!
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by ERF: 1:27pm On Oct 10, 2013
Ride on Sire.
Crying for who?
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by purpinkx(m): 11:26pm On Oct 10, 2013
Please update
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 10:19am On Oct 11, 2013
EPISODE 38

In his eyes, I saw impatience; he could not wait for me to say YES.

Then I did not know what came over me. I began to think of the reality that lurked me in the future. The truth became glaring that if I do not concur with his demands there was no possible way of my exit out of this prison.

Previously I had banked all my hopes on the pastor as my savior, things went on quite fine, he had a soft spot for me, I had rescued his life, he had opposed Solomon when he assaulted me, among others. Things had evolved with hope, but I ruined everything by my defiance and sharp tongue, although I do not feel sorry for all I did.

But the truth remained that I had lost my chance of rescue, well that’s if I ever had one in the first place. Now the pastor had just threatened me with the sight of his ugliest part by Friday. I could not undermine his bragging this time; I could not undermine the possibility and capacity of his evil. No one really can give an extent to the depravity of man.

Would it not be foolishness for me to have this opportunity and forgo it like a fool?
After all, what was the big deal in me having a nice time with a gay man? I am not a girl who would come out with a world of misery trotting all over her face, a towel around her bosoms and dripping blood trailing her exit. I am just a boy, there is no virginity to loose, just some sucking of lips and whatever nature permits possible between us. Or wasn’t it? Man must survive!

I looked at his eyes again.
Could I trust him? Can I be hundred percent assured that I would get out alive from here?
I did not want to die, who wants to after all.
It was uncertain that I he would keep to his words, but I knew that anything or any price is never too much an offer for life, for as long as life sustains, hope sustains as well.

As I weighed my options, ready to give in to his demands, the thought of Amanda came to me.

‘Would I get out of here without her?’ I was perplexed as I asked my self the question.

Our unknown savior had said that we would get out together, or was it a dream? Was that savior Solomon? I could suddenly remember how it happened in the passage; not too long after I left for the lavatory Solomon banged in on me, so fast like he was lying in wait, I was in doubts, no the savior must be Solomon- I concluded.

Without spending more time for rationality, I voiced my thoughts.

‘I have a friend here that is also victimized, her name is Amanda. You people said that we both were to be offered to your god, for the appeasement of your sins. If I do it with you, can you assure me that you would get us both out of this place? I promise I will give you all you want’ I bit my lip in anticipation.

He chewed his mouth, he looked perplexed by my question.
After some seconds of silence, he cleared his throat and then spoke.

‘Sincerely, I wouldn’t lie to you, I cannot bring you both out of here I can only bring you out, that’s my church mind’ he pledged with his hands afterwards.

I felt I snap in my heart.

I wanted to say,
‘But you were our legless-shoe; you were that spirit that promised us hope and a future beyond this empire, you were the man that met us in the passage, man wake up! How come you suddenly have become so incapacitated that you can not save us?

However, I became sure of two things.

First; he is not the legless shoe, or he is and he is just pretending and creating some suspense. Although the possibility of this is slim due to second proposition.

Second, he is been sincere; I could read it in his eyes when he said that he could not save Amanda but just me. He could just lie and without smeolling a rat I would fall for it in a snap. Yet, among this possibilities he said his mind, he called it ‘church mind’

I began to weigh another possibility. Probably he was that “S” word Grasshopper tried to pronounce before his death. Then I didn’t know he was Solomon, but now I think I find it plausible.

At once I could picture the scene of Grasshopper’s death, it was so touching; so painful. But concurrently, his death brought out an unbelievable truth, the truth that he was on my side. I could not doubt it.
I remembered how he tried to form the words with his last strength-
‘Find Amanda…and s…s…s…’

Oh he must be referring to Solomon, but does he really know who Solomon is? Or is Solomon now drawn to personal intrest in his duty to save me? why is he requesting this from me? do I look gay?

I settled my doubt at the arrival of a thought,
‘can the devil or his agents give a free gift?’
It pained me that I had to do this, I wished things were better than it was, but since it were no better, I had to succumb to the offer.

The words came to me again; it kept on coming.
‘No price is too much to pay for life.’

It was certain that if I desire to live and have a hope to hope for again, I must let go of Amanda.
Solomon had stated it clearly that he can not get us both out of here. I would not want to be a Romeo who died for his lover, why should I? She wasn’t my lover after all, and I never prayed to fall in such kind of love.

Dying for Amanda was not necessary, I could not see a reason why I should die for her, or why we both must die together, if it was Sandra then that is fine, but Sandra is dead. What had she done for me, what did she add to my life? I did not even know her, I did not know if she was a witch, I could not discern if she lied to me her eyes were not clare the hided secrets. She definitely not worth the sacrifice I want to pay, the sacrifice of my life. I must let her go, sometimes life would open just one door, and why should mere mortals protest for a second door, such is fate!

As I made my heart stronger, something in me judged my proposed action as negative. I tried strongly to resist it. Never, I cant make my heart soft like akamu, I hardened it and made it stronger than stone! I must be a man; it lies in the mind.

I looked at Solomon; I had decided in my mind already, I would do it. I did not have to say ‘yes’, I just let a broad smile cover my face, he got the signal. A broader smile also covered his face, but as I saw his stalactite and stalagmite open teeth I felt deeply irritated, but I soon helped my mind, it was the price I needed to pay for life, and I was ready to pay in full!

At last, Solomon held the knob he did not have to think again; we had come into full agreement. He opened the door.

I was shocked by what I saw, I saw a big hall, it was a living room, at the end of the hall was a dinning. The place was beautiful. There were sofas as we had it in the former room.

A veil separated the living room from the dinning room, it was golden, and hardly translucent.

The living room was tiled with brown fanciful tiles. The tiles were such that four tiles formed an image, I thought it was a vulture at first but upon close examination I discovered that it was an eagle, a gentle eagle standing in a beach, her feathers covering her sides, she was beautiful. I knew it had deep meaning, a vulture in a beach was un common, but there were more things to awe for than that, so I didn’t press it.

A small red hairy carpet spanned the centre of the room.

I raised my head from the tiles and looked at the ceiling, it was made of POP as well, but its fashion was very exotic. It was beautified with the principle of high and low relief, on it was a continuous motif of sunflower. The centre was depressed, and so were some other parts.
Tiny bulbs leveled against the POP. A gigantic light bigger than the one in the other living room hung at the centre; three handles six bulbs each, 666, hung at the centre. The bulbs were in some ceramic materials that looked like cups. The handle that hung the big light was made of steel plated with gold, the place was really beautiful.

A line of POP ran through the room, dividing the wall and paint as well. Above the line of POP was a glossy milk paint, beneath was a milky lilac.
The color from afar was a milky sky, a white horizon and a ground painted lilac, which could be taken for a world of purple flowers.

The place reeked of strawberry, in so much that I was almost licking my lips.

There was just one window in the living room and it was on the left hand side. The windows were shut. A huge flowing lilac and golden curtain spanned through the length of the window, it was elegant.

I almost did not observe it, as I entered the room, on my left was a short passage that led to a door that led to another room.
On the walls were different pictures.
The first on my right was a landscape, next was a picture of Capon, then a plasma with home theatre, DVD and what have you, around.

Solomon was walking so fast so I could not observe the other pictures on my right.
As he pulled the veil and we got to the dinning, we met an old man about 50 years, before I could say anything, Solomon said-

‘Ah priest you are here?’

He bowed.

‘Priest?’ I echoed in my mind, somehow I began to fear again

SOWEE NEPA COULD BE...EM...
THANKS ALL
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 10:40am On Oct 11, 2013
E<R>F:
Ride on Sire.
Crying for who?

oh maybe u dont knw
the name of the boy with the story is David-
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 10:15pm On Oct 11, 2013
toh naw ive updated and everybody carries his plate of food to his chambers widout sayin a word-
hmmm-
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by ERF: 5:22am On Oct 12, 2013
Hey Man, so sorry.

Yesterday was a very hectic day, was just so happy and I had a slight headahe due to excess happinex..

Couldn't type or look at my screen, my eyes were red with water pouring down..i even thought i was crying.

B2b

Thanks for the update...

So you wanna trust the devil?

And you know what?

I guess David know the priest..

Even Amanda isn't dead, I even guess sandra might be alive.

Lol, don't mind 'followers' at a time they feel like 'reading alone without commenting' little do they know that it frustrates the writer partially. Until they write..lol

Believe me, you've got a masterpiece here . . . Please carry on sir
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 5:44pm On Oct 14, 2013
E<R>F:
Hey Man, so sorry.

Yesterday was a very hectic day, was just so happy and I had a slight headahe due to excess happinex..

Couldn't type or look at my screen, my eyes were red with water pouring down..i even thought i was crying.

B2b

Thanks for the update...

So you wanna trust the devil?

And you know what?

I guess David know the priest..

Even Amanda isn't dead, I even guess sandra might be alive.

Lol, don't mind 'followers' at a time they feel like 'reading alone without commenting' little do they know that it frustrates the writer partially. Until they write..lol

Believe me, you've got a masterpiece here . . . Please carry on sir

lollz i would really love to know more bout such kind of joy,laughter n ecstacy-

nice predictions- lets see hw gu u r

yeah readers may nat understand, but glad u do-
thanks man-
hd some hitchs
updates comes today or 2mao
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by ERF: 7:48am On Oct 15, 2013
jayloyexten:

lollz i would really love to know more bout such kind of joy,laughter n ecstacy-

nice predictions- lets see hw gu u r

yeah readers may nat understand, but glad u do-
thanks man-
hd some hitchs
updates comes today or 2mao

Yesterday was the today, today is the tomorrow...

No excuses now!

Come and update...
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 15, 2013
Who s d priest? Wow, they have pastor, capon and now priest, am waiting 4 bishop too o.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 1:16pm On Oct 15, 2013
EPISODE 39

He was not as old as I thought upon close examination. The thought I had that the priest would look like some ancient African herbalist full of age and deceit was not so.

I saw in him calmness. However, the most striking aspect of my realization was the fact that he was educated. I could tell it from the first sight of him. It was strange how a priest, as in a ritualist, could be educated. Another thing that seemed so funny to me was his strong hold to sacrifice and traditional beliefs despite his education. Don’t they seem irrational to him? Well deep down I knew that religion is not about rationality but belief.

I almost thought that Solomon was up to something evil when I saw a man sitting in the dinning; the first thought that came to my mind was…in fact I am too shy to say it.
Okay I will say it any way- I thought Solomon wanted to make it two men who would sleep with me on the bed, I began to imagine how terrible the scene would look like, what I would feel, I had never dared it before. It was not that I was interested in concurring with Solomon’s demand but the truth remains that man must struggle to survive, and that was exactly what I was doing.

As I saw Solomon bow and say ‘oh priest you are there?’ I knew that it was no plan, and if at all it was, I did not see it.
Nevertheless, the presence of this man called priest at this time of the day was totally off beat. Is this truly the man that would kill me? I looked at him with mixed feelings.

Something inside of me was saying thank God Solomon is ready to help me. But a tiny suppressed voice kept on seeking for attention, do you really think that you can trust this man, or any man in this place?

The dining room was not so big, there was a dinning table, but the table was made of glass. Four chairs inserted under the table aside the one the priest was sitting on. He was sitting on the father-of-the house position, such that as we entered the dinning we found the priest on our left towards the wall.

The first thing I noticed was the food he was eating. Before I could examine what he was eating, I hastily concluded that he was eating some well-garnished human parts. I was not wrong. On his table were a small bottle of Mc Dowels alcoholic drink, and a plate of human parts pepper soup. The aroma of the food was kind of strange, the human parts smelt like goat and cow meat combined. As I set my eyes on him, a heavy spoon of scooped meat swimming in a spoon of pepper soup was at the door of his mouth. Without asking a single question I could conclude the depravity of this man. All the other people I had met in this empire, none ate the human parts before mine eye, it was all in my imagination. Seeing this man doing this, I could rate his depravity the highest.

Since the scene looked so unplanned I could imagine what he felt when he saw me. as a die hard cannibal, and a ritualist, what else would bother his mind when he sees a body for sacrifice. More so he should be imagining how delicious I might taste if I were to be served as the meat in his pepper soup.

As I watched Solomon bow I intentionally did not bow, I just stood like a tree in defiance.

‘Ah priest you are here?’

But he didn’t seem to hear that or rather that was not what was on his mind.
The first thing he asked was-
‘Where are you taking the boy?’

As he said that, my ears tingled.
Solomon rubbed his head, but he didn’t make the shock so obvious
‘Pastor Salami, em-h-h said that I should take him too one of the rooms inside’

‘What room? Did you tell Salami that I said you should take him to the girl? Or are you saying Salami is acting against my orders?’

‘No sir’

‘So where are you taking him’ he asked firm, dropping his spoon and starring at Solomon

‘Of course why should I disobey your orders, or why should Salami do so? I am taking him to the girl, the night is already far spent’

‘So why the stammer and confusion when I asked’

‘No I wasn’t stammering the suddenness of your presence was a little distracting’

He did not say anything.

I didn’t greet the priest, I just watched him, so this was the man that was going to kill me. I didn’t hate him at first sight I just studied him.

There was something strange about his face, it was like I had seen him before, but I could not pin point the location. Church…school….home…. where?
I could not really get, or was it in the bus?

After all he wore over alls like Solomon and others did. His face was strong like theirs but with a touch of tenderness which I could tell stopped on his face. He had a tiny nose and tiny mouth. He was well built, but I was about half head taller than he was. Where did I know this man?

But suddenly he seemed to get pissed off by the way I was starring at him.
‘Why are you starring at me like that, are you so uncultured as not to greet your elders?’

I just looked at him without saying a word- I was still studying him.

‘Are you deaf?’

I did not say anything I just looked at him.

Then after some few seconds, I voiced my mind.

‘You look familiar’

He gave a wicked grin.
‘Are you so close to death that death looks so familiar?’

‘Huh?’

‘I am death, and if I look familiar to you then I am afraid, you must be living your second life’

‘So you are the priest?’ I shot at him.

He just starred back at me in surprise maybe because of the way I talked to him with little or no regards.
I continued.

‘So you are the one that is going to kill me?’

I feared that an angry slap may come from Solomon, but I discarded the thought, things were different now. He would not dare, he is on my side.

‘And you are not scared of challenging me?’

‘Why should I? Who challenges death and prevail?’

‘Hmmm David’

I froze he just called my name. what does he know about me, well he was the priest and Salami could have filled him with lots of facts.

‘What do you know about me?’

‘I know that you are going to die, and don’t be stupid’
He sounded like Salami, but he was a bit more serious than Salami.

‘Please take this boy out of here, take him to the room, he provokes me!’
He shot in anger.

‘Are you a priest of God or a priest of the Devil?’

He pushed his chair back ward and stretched himself to his full height. I knew I had struck the wrong chord.

‘Why are you so bold?’

‘Sir don’t mind the boy, he has a problem with his tongue and addressing elders, you know children of now and days’ Solomon spoke in my defense.

‘Thank you Solomon, but I was asking him a direct question and not you’

Ooops! That was a bit to harsh on Solomon it seemed he was hated around here, or he was lightly esteemed.

‘Why are you so bold, I have never seen any one like you, so courageous’

‘Well that is because you do not go out of this prison to see what the outside world is all about’

‘Really?’ he grinned.

‘outside this place is a world of possibility, hope, freedom, joy, a place we all should live, living in truth and righteousness, not entangled in the prison of our unscrutinised philosophies’

Already I had combined so much in one sentence.
Of course my heart shook while I spoke, but I had made the decision that until my blood is drained in this empire, I would not be careful with my words.

‘Do you know who you are talking to and do you know that I determine whether you live or not?’

‘I don’t think you determine that’ I paused ‘I think you have already determined that’

‘I see’ then suddenly he gave a loud cry of realization ‘I see!’

‘I know why you are acting this way, it is because you feel that you are going to die after all so why the pedanticness with words, caution and respect- I see’

He was the most logical man I met in the Volturis Empire. He had just uncovered my unclothedness, I felt like a chicken whose feathers had been plucked off, her anus opened to the prying flies and insects. This man had just made me nude.
I felt powerless, I felt disarmed.

I could not say a word.
I saw Solomon nodding his head from the corner of my eyes.
He had also discovered my little secret

The priest continued
‘But the truth remains that nothing would change it, you can not evade death, it is your destiny. But I love the way you accept fate with open hands, I swear you would die a hero!’

‘Whether I die a hero or die a zero, I would die after all, death is death, and all adjectives are unnecessary’ I shot, stoic.
He must not feel proud for knowing my secret, I must prove to him that I cannot be easily intimidated or defeated.

There was a reverberating silence as I finished speaking.
The priest looked at me, I could not tell what was in the look.

‘I don’t need to taunt you with your upcoming fate, it would be childish and unnecessary, please go to bed’
He paused
‘Solomon take him along’

‘Yes sir’ he answered in a dull manner.

That was what Salami did not know. Taunting me with my death and fate was not just childish but unnecessary. Somehow, I loved the aura of maturity that emanated from him.
My rude words did not break him nor make him act foolishly, he was matured. But I still wondered what kind of priest he was.

Solomon looked at me, his look spoke emphatically,
‘let’s go!’

I turned and followed him, but suddenl1y before we left the dinning I turned back,
‘Good morning priest’

Strangely, he smiled and nodded. I was a bit puzzled but I just turned away.

I followed Solomon.
But where are we going? I asked myself, Amanda or another?
Would I really miss my only chance of survival?

Somehow the joy that I would see Amanda was there, but how am I expected to feel when I had just lost my chance of hope.

We walked out of the dinning. Before us was a very long passage. About ten rooms spanned the passage on each side, making a bout twenty doors leading to rooms.
All the doors were numbered like hotel wards. The place was cold. The ground was still tiled and the ceiling was still POP.

This house is indeed enormous- I said within me.

Solomon walked ahead and I followed. I was waiting for him to stop by one of the rooms, we had passed about five rooms on both sides and we were still moving.
Somehow I felt I was getting lost, so I looked back to keep track of the place. I was shocked by what I saw behind me, the priest was at the end of the passage starring what was he looking at?

I turned back and followed. Then I walked up to Solomon, and whispered as he walked hastily.

‘Where are we going to? Em- see the priest is behind us, he is watching us I think our plan is screwed’

But he didn’t answer, he just shoved me. he seemed angry, I did not know why he was.

Then we got to the end of the passage, and we met about seven steps again descending down-
Then I remembered what the pastor Salami said, he called this place hades, he said he would never go deeper into the earth as much as he goes in this place I began to wonder where on the globe this secret empire was located. we met two passage, one went left and the other went right.

As we descended the staircase, Solomon paused all of a sudden. Then he looked at me. I l.ooked back at him, he turned and pointed to my right. The right passage was not so long. At the end of the passage was a door. Then before the door on the left was another door. The right passage was the same fashion with the left.

He pointed to the door on the left in the right passage-

‘That room, go in there’

I looked at him. He avoided my eyes.
I wanted to say something, anything, but before I could open my mouth, all I saw was his back, walking down the hall.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by ERF: 1:38pm On Oct 15, 2013
If you stop here, I'll

Spank You!
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 4:21pm On Oct 15, 2013
Damex333: Who s d priest? Wow, they have pastor, capon and now priest, am waiting 4 bishop too o.

abi-
but Dammey where u run go na-
no p, welcome from sabatical ;-)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

New Story : Afraid To Love / Grace Ifeoma Adichie's Burial: Chimamanda's Mum Buried (Photos, Video) / Ibale{virginity}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.