Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

What Lurks In The Dark - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Lurks In The Dark (32893 Views)

Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) / The Dark Tommorow / The Dark Side Of “christ Embassy” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 2:51pm On Oct 24, 2013
EPISODE 44

I stood up in disbelieve, was it just me that killed these two powerful men?
Both of them were swimming in their own blood.
I did not know what to do, where to go, so I spoke to the voices-

‘What should I do next?’

However, I heard no reply. My voice became normal, I was no longer whispering. In fact, it was as if I had just woken up from a deep slumber.
I rubbed eyes- everything was looking strange. My heartbeat was still a little faster because of the little exercise I did.

I turned around as if searching for the spirits-

‘I have done what you want me to do, what is next?’ I questioned the empty room.
I still did not get a reply. After turning around many times searching for answers, I stood still.

I went to Amanda’s casket; already her body had a funny position because I had lied on her. As I starred at her, my eyes became cloudy.

‘Can you see, I just did this for you and Sandra, if God helps, I would bring down this empire, I have made my promise and I cannot turn back.
Adieu my love, we would see again, when I cone back in victory.
I touched her cheeks-
Adieu!’

I closed the casket slowly, and when it finally closed I said ‘Adieu’ for the last time.

I stooped down to search capon’s body; I did not know what I was looking for I just searched it as a criminal would.
I did not find any reasonable thing apart from money. I was not interested in his money.
I checked his other pocket and found a small card wrapped inside some papers.

I opened them-
The first was a prove of ownership-
The other was a car receipt, then the car license. The card was also part the license documents.
I looked critically at the license, the picture there was his- he wore a black suit, white shirt and deep blue tie.
I checked his name-
Fredrick Ogunshebi-

I searched his breast pocket beneath his overalls (he wore a shirt underneath).
In it I saw another wallet, I hastily opened it, and to my surprise I saw another license- his picture was on it but this time his name was no longer Fredrick Ogunshebi
It was Peter Ogidan-

I smiled a smile of decryption. These men played big games on the road-
Somehow, I felt happy that I had brought a criminal to justice-
Without anyone telling me I knew that those license were fake-
Now I could understand what happened the previous night when I was abducted-

……………………………………………

Back To the Bus-

The announcement from the driver did not just crumble my mind it sent waves of confusion inside me and inside everybody.

Already the driver had pulled to a halt-

I looked into Sandra eyes- I could not hide my fears-
She looked into my eyes, her eyes were red with fear, mouths pouted in anxiety.

She spoke
‘I am scared, I have heard lot of stories before, night journeys are always-
You know it was just a risk, as in it is always a risk. I just felt I should risk it, although momma never wanted, I felt it would be fun. Here I am-‘ she sobbed lightly

‘Sweetheart, do not panic, we will be fine’ I said with courage, although it was only in my mouth.

‘Yes you will be fine after the evil has happened to you’ grasshopper interjected

I never knew that he had been listening, or probably our voices were so loud.

Ever before what he was saying could make sense inside my head, his voice sounded obnoxious, from the first letter. I hated him.

I looked at him- trying to control my irate-
‘You do not understand, any evil that happens to me, happens to us all’

‘Not really but yes’ he replied.

Every body in the bus started praying, the guardians also panicked but I could read it in their eyes it was not real
The Igbo woman in my front would not just keep quiet, she started singing terrible igbo sons, some did not even exist, she just juxtaposed Igbo phrases together to suit her need.
At a point she was singing Frank Edwards ogene do, before I knew it she went to Mama Ngozi, next to some I never even knew.
Her hands demonstrated and went to the roof-
Before I knew it, she started loud declarations-
She read all the psalms she knew, mixing it with Igbo.

A question came to my mind, why is it that Christians sometimes panic most in terrible situations, I thought there was a place after death that is so exiting, where God would wipe away their tears.
Truly every body wants to go to heaven but no one want to die.
The world is so evil, yet, people want to live long-

Grasshopper, was the most calm, he just stretched his leg beneath the chair.

I looked into Sandra’s fearful eyes,
‘Look the robbers are ahead, if we stay here for some time, we would be saved. After all they would not rob till dawn, and even if they do, by dawn they will be gone. Be calm dear, we would be fine-‘

‘You do not understand, I have a special ability- when I see evil coming I perceive it. I am not the fearful type, I am courageous, but I know when evil is near.
Look there is this thing they call Déjà vu, it is like you have seen this thing in your dreams before or like it had happened to you. But- the images’ she tried to demonstrate with her hand carving in the air-

‘The images do not come clearly most times. However, the good thing is that you would have an inkling- I know what is coming ahead, and it is evil!’

‘Do not be a pessimist, I also had déjà vu before, but what I saw was a shadow of evil, like we are in now. However, at the end I saw that nothing happened to us. You see you cannot remember yours clearly, it is kind of vague and uncertain, but I have a special ability of remembering my déjà vu when I need it. I can remember, I see it clearly, there is no mist of fog shielding my reminiscence- I see the shades produced by the light of our hope. Cassandra, nothing will happen to us- I have seen it before’ I lied- I saw nothing.

She gave a beautiful smile.
I was happy that I had soaked her fears away-
She looked directly into my eyes, and the next thing we both were smiling.
I held her hand, and we both tapped strength from each other.

Suddenly we heard a gun shot about hundred meters ahead of us.
Before we could exclaim in fear, we heard another gunshot behind-

‘Everybody get down and run for your life, Run into the bush, this way!’ the driver blared as he also jumped out from the cockpit.

The two doors by the side of the bus flung open and we all flew out like a colony of bees in panic for survival

………………………………………..

Suddenly, door opened and closed, and my thoughts ended abruptly.
I looked, but I did not perceive anyone.
Before I confirmed the absence of anyone at the door, I returned the gun into Capons pocket, but I kept his two ID cards in my pocket.
I guessed I would need it in future, if there happen to be one.

I scurried to the door, and peeped through the door hole to see if any one stood outside, but I saw no one.

Then I realized that it was the restless spirits again.
‘Why cant you spirits speak to me, like speak to me, as-in say something!’ I bit all my words with frustration. I spoke with frustration.

There was no reply.

‘Are you now dumb that you can not talk or deaf that you cannot hear- see I have killed this two threat to life, I had done what you want me to do, tell me what I am to do next I am in big trouble now-or cant you see it, cant you se what you have gotten me into?’

However, the voice did not answer.

I rubbed my head in slight frustration.
I rushed to grasshopper’s dead body, and quickly I searched his pocket.
His pockets were empty the only thing I saw was a condom_
I smilled-
‘What for?’

I stood up and faced the door.
Minutes ago I wanted to turn back from the door but I was unable- what’s the proof that these spirits would not deal with me again just like they did.

As I said that in my mind, the door opened and closed again, all by its self.
Then I became sure that I was meant to go through the door.

I walked, not believing I would be able to get out, but I just wanted to try it.
I walked gently, and immediately I got out of the door the door closed.

I turned back and faced the door again.
I held the knob but as I held it, it shocked me.
I turned back. Just ahead of me was the door Solomon had pointed at-

I studied the door, and approached it, fearing that it would be another mortuary room; I knocked.
After knocking for about three times distinctly and I did not get a response, I opened the door-
As I opened the door, the first thing I saw was a ghost standing beside a bed- it was AMANDA’s ghost-

I wanted to scream Jesus!

But suddenly I heard footsteps behind me-
I turned in fear- my mouth opened

It was the priest and SOLOMON-

“David!”
Both of them called together-

No this is a dream! I fell down and fainted-
Half body in the room, half body in the passage.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 24, 2013
Me sef, i have fainted o- come and wake me wid another update o, jay
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by sconp: 6:16pm On Oct 24, 2013
Its getting hotter. Abeg the suspense too much oh.

1 Like

Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Daniel2802(m): 8:06pm On Oct 24, 2013
I thought he killed solomon.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 10:15pm On Oct 24, 2013
Damex333: Me sef, i have fainted o- come and wake me wid another update o, jay

ah- this kind FAINT o gidi gon o-
no worry i go baptise you tomorrow, but waith, that Is if i dont feel Lazy---
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 10:18pm On Oct 24, 2013
scon-p:
Its getting hotter. Abeg the suspense too much oh.

ah you never see- wait there is more ;-))
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 10:20pm On Oct 24, 2013
open question-

DO YOU BELIEVE IN GHOST?

If you do, just hit the like button-
if you dont-
hmm- voc populi voc dei

1 Like

Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 10:25pm On Oct 24, 2013
Daniel2802: I thought he killed solomon.

i also thought he killed Solomon- (winks)
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Daniel2802(m): 1:08pm On Oct 25, 2013
Voice of the people,voice of God.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 6:55am On Oct 26, 2013
EPISODE 45

Suddenly I opened my eyes and found nobody.

Just then, I heard a voice behind me, “David, David”
I turned back and saw Sandra and Amanda holding hands.
They wore white flowing garment and they had the aura of light.
I took two steps back ward immediately.
‘Please you are dead I do not believe ghosts have bodies, (sure I believe they have voices- I said in my mind) please live me alone-‘
My legs –shook as I spoke

However, they did not listen to me; they just grinned and walked towards me, hand in hand. As they drew close my heart began to pound with fear- however, as they smiled I felt my fears disappearing I was glad for one thing, and that is that I could see these two important people in my life again. Truly, I did not know whom I really felt something for, I just knew that I liked them both; both had died because of me.

They came closer, about ten inches from me. I wanted to hug them in excitement, but I did not know whom to hug first-

Suddenly the thought of Solomon and the Priest came to my mind again-
I looked around searching for them-
‘Where is he? I mean the other ghost, Solomon. He was here, as in I saw him here-’
I turned around searching in a perplexed manner.

‘Hey dude’ Amanda called out to me inclining my checks to her front with her hand-
‘Do not panic you will see them soon’

‘See them soon?’

‘Yeah’ they said in unison.

‘Then that is the main reason why I should be scared’

‘I thought you said you are a man, and by your strength, prowess and intelligence you will wrath vengeance on this empire- or were those Braggs empty bragging? Well maybe you are not even strong enough- your strength is like a flower; strong and enduring fire like vegetables’

‘My lovers please do not insult me, I know that I may seem feeble, but in my mind is strength, and with God on my side I will bring down this empire- I swear.
But you must understand that Solomon’s spirit is haunting me’

‘Why should his spirit hunt you?’

‘I killed him and Capon, oh I brutally killed them. Did you not see me then, I was fighting for you’

‘Who were you fighting for?’ Both of them asked in unison.

I became confused. If I say I was fighting for one the other will get jealous, yet deep down I was fighting for Amanda, after all Sandra was gone, her body divided, some part already eaten.

‘Who were you fighting for?’ Both asked again. Their eyes became red. My legs began to shake.
Telling lies to spirits could be very dangerous; before you speak, they already know what is in your mind. Whether they know or they did not know, I had already decided what I was going to say-

‘I was fighting for you both, my plan is to bring down this empire in revenge for your blood- in fact the war had begun, I had killed Capon and Solomon, but their spirits are hunting me’

Suddenly, Sandra’s body began to dissolve. I tried to catch her but all I caught was the air, she vanished in the twinkling of an eye.
‘What happened where has she gone to?’ I asked very worried, looking at Amanda, a million question written all over my face.

‘That was not Sandra that was a reflection of me?’

‘A reflection of you, how?’ I asked looking confused.

‘Don’t worry you will get to know very soon’

‘No I do not believe you, that is no reflection of you. A reflection of you should look like you, that was my love Sandra, she is jealous and angry that I had forgotten about her because she Is dead’

‘If you say that that is Sandra, and she is jealous, why then did we appear to you holding hands?’

‘I do not know and I do not believe you, look Amanda I met Sandra first, and if at all I will marry, Sandra will be my first wife and you will be my second.’

‘I saw the sudden sadness in Amanda’s face. Go ahead and have your Sandra, go ahead and have her-‘

‘Where is she?’

‘Go and look for her’, she said folding her hands in defiance

I scratched my head-
‘But you have taken her away-‘

‘No David I swear that was a reflection of me that was not your Sandra’

She continued
‘I promise you I will show you where Sandra is, just trust me- you said I should help you, now I want to help you- David just believe me’

I went blank of words- I looked at her.
She came forward and held my hands. They were cold and foamy- I almost shivered.

‘Come with me, I want to show you something that you will never forget’

‘What is it?’

‘Just follow me’

‘Where?’

‘There’ she said pointing to the mortuary door.

‘No there is no way I am going to enter there, I am scared’

‘Shhhh- ‘she shut me up immediately
‘Remember you are a man’

‘I am a man, say it after me’ she ordered

I looked into her blue eyes-

I said say it after me-
‘I am a man’

‘I am a man’ I chorused after her.

Hands in hand, we walked towards the door, we did not have to knock, we just walked through the door.
Probably I was already dead, maybe the priest had already killed me, and now I am spirit-
There was no time to mourn I just followed-

As we got into the mortuary again, indeed I saw what I would never forget, my heart immediately jumped into my throat-
But Amanda squeezed my hand telling me not to fear.

The room had suddenly changed. The fridge-casket that were arranged roll by roll were no longer so-
All the casket were shifted to the wall- and a big dinning table was set- but on the dinning table there was no food at all it was just empty plates with cutlery-
However I later on discovered that a big cooler was placed at the centre of the table.

The table was very long. It accompanied fifteen people (or should I call them monsters?) on each roll with two empty gigantic seats at the end. That totals about thirty-two seats.

It was as if a feast was about to begin when I entered.

Now to the people present at the feast, I had not seen any thing like that before.
They all wore white flowing garments, but the white garments were revealing, you could see through.

As I got in every body stood up- I did not immediately understood why they did, but it was obvious at the end.
These people are so wonderfully created- some people did not even have head at all- just a dangling neck- Nevertheless everybody was happy.

Here is the description of some of the faces I can remember-

The first person I took notice of was a young man without a head. His groin had disappeared, it was just empty and it formed a very big hole- I guessed that that owed to the fact that his manhood has been used for rituals. He stood on one leg but he did not fall and he did not use a walking stick.
He had his other parts complete-
His hands demonstrated and his neck just dangled like a beheaded chicken. I think that was his own way of saying hi-

I turned my face and looked at another person this one was a female.
One of her breast was out and the other stood out, sharply pointed. Her two hands were gone, and her buttocks had been chopped up, so it looked like a valley, or a plate, the hollow part and how it curved out. Her eyes were plucked out all I saw was an empty hole. She had mouth and lips; but one of her ears was gone. She had no hair, she was bald, her skull shined like galaxies. She smiled broadly. I could see the words forming in her mouth ‘welcome’ she did not stop smiling until I took my gaze away.

There was a young boy among them, his head was cut off from his eyes upwards, making him have a half head. He did not have legs; his legs had been amputated. He did not even have a groin. Nevertheless, there was something amazing about him, he stood as if he had legs, he suspended in the air, as if his legs were invisible. His lips were neatly shaved, and his teeth just shone like the fluorescence- his nose was off- now you can imagine what I saw, a half head grinning to me.
He had hands but his hands stopped at his elbows-
He moved them vigorously, he seemed so happy.

I saw a man of about thirty years old.
He had complete legs, but his trunk was not there. However, a head stood where the head should be starring me in the face. He had no hands, that was all he had. So what I saw greeting me was just two legs, no trunk or hands, a head where it should be nodding with a chopped neck. I turned away immediately in horror.

I saw a young woman of about twenty-two years old.
Her body was complete, but she was divided from head to toe, so all she had was one eyes, half nose, half mouth, one ear, one hand, one breast, half trunk, one leg- she looked so pretty but when she smiled it was just half set of teeth that smiled, that was all she had.

I saw a girl of about fifteen years- her breast were chopped off and all I saw were two big holes. Her brain had been removed, the part there was just a big hole. She had legs and hands she was not so bad.

There was a man, all he had was just trunk and one hand , and in his trunk his heart had been chopped off however he communicated with his one hand- and moved his trunk in a dance.

I saw a waist and two legs jumping up, very excited. Funny enough, the person had big buttocks, that was all she had with legs so she flaunted it, she was so good at dancing- I wished she had other parts- what she used to communicate was her legs and plump buttocks.

Next, I saw another person-
He had two complete hands two complete legs, a complete head- all the rest parts were absent. (That is he had no trunk-) The absent parts was filled in with air-

All there people wore clothes no mater how bad they were but with the clothes you could still see the missing parts.
It did not matter the parts they had or did not have they all wore white flowing garments, even the lady with buttocks waist and legs, still wore a long gown. The gown was as if she had the other body parts it stood erect and when she bent, the garment bent, but there was nothing there.

These were the people I saw, some people were similar-
About three people had only heads-

I looked at Amanda- what is all this?

Before she could answer, a DJ at one corner of the room put on a very loud instrumentals-
I did not notice him initially. All he had was just two hands and one big head. Like others, the head and hand stood in place as if the other parts were there.

Everybody started dancing- Before I knew it I started hearing loud chants-

“David is our King, Amanda is our Queen, David is our King Amanda is our queen—‘

They were dancing but the most impressive was the buttocks waist and leg, I guessed she was an awesome dancer when she was alive-
She was just awesome-

I could not control it-
Before I knew it I saw my self seating on the giant seat at the end of the table with Amanda on my left-
I did not know how I got there-
However as soon as I found my self sitting, the music stopped and everybody sat, even those without buttocks-

Everybody took their seats-
I looked at all of them-
Well in a world where nobody has a complete part, the person with the complete part becomes the King-

So I am actually dead.

1 Like

Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Daniel2802(m): 8:17am On Oct 26, 2013
U don see Zombies.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Daniel2802(m): 12:06pm On Oct 27, 2013
Come update.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 2:49pm On Oct 27, 2013
Daniel2802: Come update.

i am wating for plenty comments before i continue-
once the comments wake me up+ ill update grin
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by SPLENDIDFLOZZY: 7:18pm On Oct 27, 2013
jayloyexten:

i am wating for plenty comments before i continue-
once the comments wake me up+ ill update grin
Lemme cum out of my hidin 4 dis comment snc it's nao no comment no update, i dnt knw wen u bcum govment... Nic story though, i bliv we cn get an update nao undecided

1 Like

Re: What Lurks In The Dark by ERF: 9:59pm On Oct 28, 2013
Hey, my boss come and update oo.

But Amanda has a complete body too nau?

I wonder if Amanda is Sandra's reincarnate, they must have something in common- okay 'a reflection of David's heart/love' okay!

People that reads and run away, God's watching you all oo!

Nice Job My Boss..
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 11:24pm On Oct 28, 2013
SPLENDIDFLOZZY: .
Lemme cum out of my hidin 4 dis comment snc it's nao no comment no update, i dnt knw wen u bcum govment... Nic story though, i bliv we cn get an update nao undecided

i think its fine to be called government-

like government of the commenters, by the commenters and for the commenters-
cheesy
anyway thanks_ update can now come-
;-)
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 11:48pm On Oct 28, 2013
E<R>F:
Hey, my boss come and update oo.

But Amanda has a complete body too nau?

I wonder if Amanda is Sandra's reincarnate, they must have something in common- okay 'a reflection of David's heart/love' okay!

People that reads and run away, God's watching you all oo!

Nice Job My Boss..

you always have an inkling to what is about to happen- well just an inklin (bad grin)
yeah - to your first question- yeah Amanda does

thanks man-
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 11:50pm On Oct 28, 2013
EPISODE 46

I soon discovered that my fears shifted from the fact that I was dead, to the reality of the seat I now sat on as the administrator of the dead.

I looked at their eager faces with deep concern. They were nothing but victims of cannibalism. People whose parts had been eaten by fellow humans.

They wanted me to say something, but I did not know what to say, or how to start. In fact, I did not even know what they wanted me to say in the first place.
Nevertheless, I just looked into their pitiable condition with pity.
I allowed my heart feel their pains and tried to position my self in their predicament
As I did that, the words came.

‘I appreciate your warm welcome into your midst- although it is so unfortunate that I have also left the land of the living to meet you all-‘

At once, I saw a strange reaction in their faces-
I did not know what I had said wrong I tried to avoid describing them as dead, what then was the problem?

Suddenly something took the whole scene from my face- two men walked in through the door, they had guns in their hands- it was Solomon and Capon- my heart skipped a beat. I rubbed my buttocks on my kingly chair in panic.
What the hell?

Both of them lifted their guns and pointed it at me- my heartbeat thumped as it increased in pace. All my new citizens just watched my killers threaten me without saying a word.
Were they so impotent?

Suddenly my eyes were opened to their reactions’. Those that had eyes were moving their eyes rapidly from left to right, those that did not have a head or a pair of eyes, shifted their buttocks from left to right, while those that did not have either moved any movable part of their body.

It was then it occurred to me that I was the king, and the chief commander. They would take no action without my command. Their hesitation was not about impotence, it was loyalty and respect.

‘Murderer!’ I shouted. Pointing at the two killers

Amanda was the next person to shout, and before I knew it everybody was shouting ‘Murderer!’, those that could not shout did something to show rage.

In a split second they all rose up, (probably fed up by my sluggishness to issue out a reasonable command) and ran to the intruder- before I knew it I found their bodies lying in pieces, leg, head, hands, every part apart.

‘Thank you, and may God bless you all’ was all I could say.
Those with heads nodded, those without head bowed, nevertheless, those that could not bow did something to show submissiveness and loyalty.

I grinned and felt grateful.

Just then, I found a complete human (woman) coming towards me bringing the victims guns to me.

No, I was not seeing properly. I rubbed my eyes, and opened them wider. These cannot be a complete human-
Their bodies seem to part, or- No! It was not a complete human; it was something else.
As the creature came closer, I could not take my eyes of it-

Finally, she dropped the gun on the table just in front of me. A wide smile crossed her face. However, there was something weird about the smile. The smile on the left cheek or should I say face was different from the smile on the right-

I did not know when I saw myself pointing at her face-
‘Look, that smile is funny’ I turned to Amanda.
She just smiled and said nothing
Then everybody started laughing, or doing something to show excitement.

Suddenly it became obvious. The girl divided into two equal part. It was like a vertical line cut her from head to toe- one side went to the left, and the other side went to the right. Two creatures- or probably two zombies

They silted their heads in a funny way. They could only afford a half smile.
The woman on the left slanted to the left while the other on the right slanted to the right- they began to look fearful-

‘We are friends; we have similar blessings, so we just come together sometimes, like now-’

‘Yeah that is fine’ I said signaling them to go back to their positions before I cough out my intestine. More so, the word ‘blessing’ was the last description I expected them to use to paint their predicament.

In no time, everybody was seated waiting for me to continue my crappy speech.

I did not know what to say, in my hesitation I decided to do any thing.
I looked at the gun in front of me. I raised the two guns in the air like a sign of victory-
‘He is a murderer and he deserves to die!!!’ I raised my voice

‘No they are…’ a voice corrected me immediately.

I felt nervous, but did not show it.

‘Yes ‘they’, they are murderers and they deserve to die!’ I shouted like a war cry

‘Yes, they deserve more than death!’ they all chorused like vexed warriors.

The tenor of their voices only confused me the more.
I began to consider my fears, maybe I am not as srong and courageous as I thought. I only act on anger; that is my strength.
I nodded at my self discovery-.
‘Yes!’ they all replied again reacting to my unconscious nod.

Then it came to me that everybody was focused on me and even watching how my lungs raised my shoulder up and down.

I could not say anything, not under this pressure, under this confusion, no.
I must divert their attention from me.
I held Amanda’s hand from beneath the table. She squeezed mine too.
‘You are doing great, I love you’

Oh that was all the catalyst I needed for the moment.
I did not know if she was mocking my nervousness because I knew it was obvious that I was nervous. Somehow, maybe I should attribute it to her voice or palm; I felt a new strength.

‘We all have been grieved by this Volturis Empire…’ I began-
‘They have sucked our blood with their insatiable proboscis, and probed further to eat our flesh. They have sinned against us, against our loved ones, against our families and against the future we had on earth…’

‘Hmm’ they all gave a deep hum of support.

I continued.
‘We all felt the pain and the pain lives with us till eternity, the best thing I feel we must be doing here and right now in this emergency meeting is finding out the next step to take…
Against this backdrop, I would throw it open to everybody- what do you think we should do to this empire, what is your say? Remember voc populi, voc dei,- the voice of the people is the voice of God!’

Suddenly they all stood up, and looked at me, then it was as if a powerful wind came from nowhere and sandwiched them together. In a split second, they formed a one creature fat with many heads, hands, he was just a monster, in the best form of description.
Then the body melted together and formed a very fat creature.
It was so big and hudge. His eyes were made of fire, his hands were soaked in blood, and the blood was drooping from its long claws- the creature was panting, its heavy chest pumping in intimidation. It was terribly wounded, in fact I began to feel his pains.

I was expecting to hear the voice of a baritone giant, sending threats on me, but what I heard was quite different- I heard Amanda’s voice come out from him
It did not even occur to me that Amanda had disappeared from my side, not until I hear the voice.

The voice said-
‘This meeting is over, what we want you to do is save us and fulfill your word. You have seen our anguish, pain and sorrow- you know everything already- save those coming to join us-
The greatest tool you have here is your faith- your belief, and your fears-‘

As the voice ended, everywhere became gloomy, like I was Peter James and John on the mount of transfiguration.

Suddenly, I began to see a blurred image, and gradually it became clearer-

“Solomon?’ I called out at recognition.

‘He is awake, he reported to someone.’

‘That’s great, after a short sleep- I t0ld you that the boy was alive, some people faint, and wake up in the dream world-‘
I could recognize the voice; it was the priest.

‘No Solomon you are dead!’ I yelled in panic

I dragged my self backwards, flinching for fear.
I was placed on a carpet in a small room that had just light and nothing more.
The priest’s voice called out from outside the door.

‘You are a murderer, and you will pay for it’ Solomon shot at me, drawing close.

‘Oh, when am I going to wake up from this sleep?’

‘Too bad you just woke up!’

‘No I am still sleeping, please splash some water on my face’

‘No what you need is acid, concentrated acid!’

‘I wish you can roast in hell; right now’ I muttered to my self.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by ERF: 12:09am On Oct 29, 2013
Wait a sec!

There is something I don't understand- is this update short or I just find myself wanting more?

Choi... This story is very very very sweet oooo..

Let's see what's up for David..
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by sconp: 8:41am On Oct 29, 2013
David the saviour
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 29, 2013
Wait, i dont understand something, actually i dont understand anything.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Daniel2802(m): 4:20pm On Oct 29, 2013
When is the next update coming up?
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 6:50am On Oct 30, 2013
E<R>F:
Wait a sec!

There is something I don't understand- is this update short or I just find myself wanting more?

Choi... This story is very very very sweet oooo..

Let's see what's up for David..

;-)
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 6:55am On Oct 30, 2013
Damex333: Wait, i dont understand something, actually i dont understand anything.

enyah- may God help u to understand cheesy

Dont worry the next update should unveil some secrets- watch out
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 6:58am On Oct 30, 2013
Daniel2802: When is the next update coming up?

hmmm- very soon ;/
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 7:01am On Oct 30, 2013
scon-p:
David the saviour

YEAH- saviour of the dead -

lets see howfar his luck can take him-
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by SPLENDIDFLOZZY: 8:36am On Oct 30, 2013
Cnt bliv av bin holdin my breath while readin dis update... More pls wink
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 9:05am On Oct 30, 2013
SPLENDIDFLOZZY: Cnt bliv av bin holdin my breath while readin dis update... More pls wink

ahhh! no hold your breath go gombe like Amanda o-
lollz- thanks man

now officially, next update comes before noon!

i wanna try more constant update- grin thats the power of comment, althouhgh theres anothr thing greater a bit- well dont let me say dat for now-----hohoho
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 11:06am On Oct 30, 2013
EPISODE 47

Suddenly the priest came inside the small room where I was staying-

‘David’ he called shooting me a suspicious look.

‘Yes priest’ I replied looking into his eyeballs.

‘You were not smart enough’. He narrowed his eyes.

‘How do you mean?’ I started pulsating.

‘You killed Solomon and Capon; do you know what that means?’

Finally, he struck the nail on the head; there was a sudden earthquake in my heart.

‘The only thing I know is how difficult it is for a small boy like me to take down two mighty and muscular men at the same time, it is close to impossible- more so, the men in the context are diabolical…it would take a Jackie Chan to do that’ I tried to make my voice stable.

‘Yeah I know you know what it takes to take down two men at a time, and that is why I am asking you a direct question, why did you kill Solomon and Capon?’

I looked at Solomon then turned to face the priest again. What is this man talking of. He is using my words against me; I must prove to him that I am smart and foxy when it comes to words.

‘Sir it is impossible for a boy of my age to kill two men at a time- how would it happen?’ I tried to tighten my face to look serious.

‘So you are saying you did not kill the two men?’

‘Exactly, that is what I have been trying to tell you all this while’

‘Are you sure, can you prove it?’

I scoffed, here is prove lying before my face.

‘Of course you are accusing me of killing Solomon, this is Solomon standing in front of me’

They both grinned. I wish I understood why they grinned immediately, I would have thought of saving my ass.

‘But you are surprised to see him. I heard you yelling at him, calling him a ghost and trying to push him away from you. Bedsides, it was when you saw Solomon that you fainted-‘

‘Yes I saw Solomon standing beside you, I concur, but that was not the reason why I fainted’

‘So can you tell me why?’
‘I thought you already know. I do not believe in ghosts!’

As I said that, I was scared that those noisy spirits would start screaming into my ears again- those shrill annoying voice. However, nothing happened.

‘What do you mean by Ghost?’

‘Are you a priest and you do not know what ghosts are?’

‘Well one is standing before you’ he pointed at Solomon ‘I just showed you a ghost, I hope that answers your question.’

Solomon grinned.
No this is unimaginable. I rubbed my face very hard with my hand, as if there was a veil attached to my face that I must remove.

‘You are awake’ Solomon said mocking me.
His smiles choked my lungs like thorns.

‘I said it, Solomon is dead, he is a ghost!’ I yelled after the drama was fast taking off in threatening silence.

‘So we can conclude that you saw his ghost, and that was why you fainted. In fact you are about to faint right now, because of his sight- its simple you killed him, or how did you know he is dead in the first place?’

‘No you do not understand’ I panicked.

‘Then make me understand before I give you the dividend you deserve’

‘Dividend, what dividend?’

‘Life for life’ he threatened, pushing his face at me.

‘Hmmm’ I gave a deep breath. However, I did not let that weigh me down so long, I knew that I had an army of zombies in my dream- (hohohoho)
I rushed to what I wanted to say.

‘No you are getting me all wrong’ I spluttered raising my voice

‘Then let me get you!’ he snapped.
I spluttered.
‘The reason why I fainted was not because I saw Solomon, it was because I saw Amanda, the girl in the room Solomon pointed at-‘

‘So what is scary in seeing her?’

‘But she is dead and I am scared of ghosts!’

‘Huh, how did you know that she was dead, it means you were present at her death meaning you killed her! You are guilty of killing three people, two men and one girl, you are a murderer and you will die a painful death, how dare you kill two volturis?’

‘Oh no do not do this to me, I am just a boy I cannot kill, I am just a boy –please someone else did it!’ I spoke with frustration tears almost welling down my eyes.

It was then I found the uncountable lacunas in my speech. If I had not gone into the mortuary then there was no way I would have known that Amanda is dead. Since I knew that Amanda was dead it then means that I was in the mortuary. If I was in the mortuary that means I am a prime suspect of the brutal murder of the two men. oh I had just fixed my self into the cage. I should have said I do not know that they are dead. I should have pretended when I saw them.

At once I forgot that I was a Christian, I thought of a terrible lie. I remembered what my high school friend told me about lying; ‘in lying you must keep very close to the truth. The farther you are from the truth the deeper the grave you dig for yourself’
I knew that if I must ever get out of this circle I must acknowledge been inside the mortuary, I must accept that I saw the bodies, nevertheless I must push the blame on somebody, anybody.

‘Alright this is what happened and this is how it happened.’ I began
‘When you told Solomon to take me to the room he did not take me there, he just dropped me by the passage and pointed at a door. There were two doors so I was not sure of which he pointed at, so I decided to go to the one at the end of the door. When I got in there I saw the scariest thing of my life- I saw Capon and Solomon lying in their own blood…’
I tried to make the shock obvious on my face.

Then I swapped to a pitiable voice-

‘When I saw them dead, the first person I rushed to was Solomon, because he laid on the ground not too far from the door…’
Somehow, I began to feel that there is something wrong with what I was saying, however I just continued, keeping the two starring pair of eyes from sensing any of my lies.

I continued.
‘When I got close to Solomon, I discovered that it was a gun wound, with numerous punctures with a stabbing knife all over his body, his blood flowed from his chest like a tap. I felt pity for him. My blood became cold immediately; I had never come so close to the dead before. I touched his body,, and felt it warm. In fact, it was so dramatic for me. I jumped at once on my feet for the fear that the monster that had killed him would soon come for me.’

‘As I turned three-sixty degrees to be sure of my environment, I saw that one of the freezers was left open. In my curiosity, I scurried to the freezer. Beside the freezer was another dead body, the death of this person was more brutal. He was stabbed in so many places; I sensed anger and revenged in all od his wounds. His blood was still fresh; I knew that he had just died. That person was Capon that was how I found him’

I started demonstrating with my hands to make it look real,
‘In my fear then, I drew my self gently to my full height, I could not bare it so I began to take fearful steps backward totally harrowed by the unimaginable sight. As I took my backward steps, my eyes suddenly fell on what was inside the freezer. I could not help the sight, so I pushed forward with shock and landed with my hand on the freezer. I saw the lifeless body of Amanda. She was nude and preserved inside the freezer. I could not bear the horrifying sight. I had earlier seen Amanda in the passage when in was permitted to use the convenience, seeing her lifeless in the fridge was painful and mysterious to me’

‘I stayed in the room for some minutes and wept in deep agony. When I came out, if you had noticed I was moving like a dead man. I then decided to try the other room. My mind uttered one prayer as I held the knob of the room;
Oh, God do not make this sight more horrifying.
Suddenly as I opened the door I saw the ghost of Amanda lurking me, I turned behind and saw the ghost of Solomon, then you were walking with him, I knew by seeing me at that time you would accuse me of murdering the two people in the mortuary. I could not stand the pressure, the horror, the surrealism; it was too big for my mind. I did not even know when I crashed to the ground and fainted- sir this is the truth, the whole truth’

‘Hmm you are not so good at lying, but I give you an 80 percent’

‘Sir how do you mean, I am not lying? That is the whole truth. I cannot take down two men at a time; I am just a boy. In fact coupled with seeing the ghosts what I dreaded the most at that point in time was an allegation like this coming from you. I knew it was coming, I knew it, oh poor me’ I started some artificial sobs, digging my head into my palms passionately.

‘Puh-lease I did not kill them,, it is not me, Solomon you can tell, who killed you, it is not me,, please leave me alone! Puh-lease!’
I was only lucky that Solomon did not say a word.

‘Even a foolish man would know that you were lying from your first paragraph’

‘No sir, that is how the truth looks like sometimes’

‘Would you shut up and let me talk?’

‘I am sorry sir’ I apologized immediately.

‘Can you explain this scene? You said that Solomon dropped you at the door and turned back. Next, you got inside the room and found him dead- is that not contradictory? And when did normal humans start to disappear?’

I wanted to say ‘but he is not a normal human’ However, I suppressed it.
He continued
‘You have to know who you are dealing with, I am a graduate from India!’ he said proudly

My heart skipped a beat. Not because he said that he is a graduate, that was obvious from the first instance I set my eyes on him. However, I could not imagine how I was so foolish as to give a faulty lie. All my descriptions and constructions were just a piece of dung crashing before my face.

I starred at him in disbelief; something in my mind was probing
‘Are you going to watch your self accused for murder without doing anything, c’mon you are smarter than this’
I decided to frame something up.

‘No sir you got me wrong….really wrong-I- em- what I wanted to say, as-in what I said, I mean what I was saying before I said what- sorry- em-em- I’m just under pressure sir you have to understand me’ I felt foolish to my self.

‘If I have to understand you, then you have to make me understand you’

Bingo! Something came into my mind at last.

‘Now here is what I left out you only did not get it right, I thought I had already said it.’
I cleared my throat.
‘Before I went into the mortuary, I went into the room before the mortuary. But then I did not see anybody. The room was neatly arranged. I stayed there for a while looking at the pictures on the wall (deep down I was seriously praying that there were pictures on the wall because I never entered the room) after a sometime I walked out of the room. The reason was that I did not see Amanda, Solomon was to take me to Amanda’s room, so the thought I had was that I had entered the wrong room. I walked out and it was then I tried the next room. I mean the mortuary’

‘To be sincere the time I stayed in the room admiring the pictures were time enough for what happened to happen. It may sound weird that I stood for so long watching pictures, the truth is that I am art inclined and I love art a lot, I draw very well, in fact I can draw you if I have a paper and pen’

‘Hmm’ he gave a deep breath. ‘But at first you said that was the whole truth’

‘Actually- em’ I tried to say

‘Don’t bother’ he held out his hand signaling me to keep shut. ‘I believe you’ he finally said. Nevertheless, there was something about his tune that did not sound real. I knew I had made a big mess, and I was ready to dance to the music.

‘He is so good at lying, he is smart but not very smart’ Solomon said.
I still did not understand why Solomon was still alive.

‘Sir Can you explain why Solomon’s ghost is here?’

‘You will understand very soon. Get up’ he offered stretching his hand.

‘No don’t worry’ I said refusing his offer, I did not trust him; he could have something diabolical on his hand. I never wanted such risk. I stood up in the usual taekwando style. I folded my legs, and with my hands stretched before me, I lifted my self to full height.

‘That is impressive, are you in any club? I mean like man o war, Taekwando, Boys scout Judo or-‘

‘No I am not’ I said before he continued his endless list
‘Any body can stand up like that’ I concluded knowing why he asked.

‘It is not what anybody can do really’ He shot me a suspicious look, I read the look, it said, ‘another reason why you should be able to kill two men, you belong to a club’

‘Sir that look is inconveniencing me, shall we proceed?’

‘Sure’

Solomon opened the door; I walked right behind him, while the priest walked behind me.
I was riveted by what I saw as I stepped out of the small room. The small room was a part of a very big ICT room- I saw big plasmas and terrible gadgets.

Then I heard the priests’ voice behind me-

‘You have convinced me that you did not kill the two men and Amanda, now let the computer tell, maybe you did not notice that Capon was wearing a ring that had a camera and audio interceptor on it’

I almost fainted- I knew that this was another dimension of doom.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 11:14am On Oct 30, 2013
viewing this topic JITESHELL- Oya ayaf cash u, drop ur comment grin
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Jiteshell(f): 3:00pm On Oct 30, 2013
jayloyexten: viewing this topic JITESHELL- Oya ayaf cash u, drop ur comment grin
I have been reading this story for days now and I must say, I am impressed.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by SPLENDIDFLOZZY: 3:19pm On Oct 30, 2013
Delivered as promised...... Though too short, so expectin anoda tomorow. Tnx 4 d update

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

New Story : Afraid To Love / Grace Ifeoma Adichie's Burial: Chimamanda's Mum Buried (Photos, Video) / Ibale{virginity}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.