Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? (14278 Views)

It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick / Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. / Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Forzap: 2:30am On Jun 24, 2013
Op, Wich door?abi u smoke weed dis early morning ni?
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by onitshaigbo(m): 2:31am On Jun 24, 2013
N-O NO! Does Spain have a French coach? Does Brazil have a British coach? Have some national pride, please!
Keshi didn't do so bad with the players he got. Give him another chance.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by blasterman(m): 2:42am On Jun 24, 2013
NOpe wat we need is one spanish strikers eg villa. Seriously ideye, gambo no make am at all
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by smoothcrim2014: 2:45am On Jun 24, 2013
I will be honest with you. Just keep Keshi. I heard you have not paid him for 6 months. Show some respect and pay him. He has done a fine job.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by akinladejo: 2:49am On Jun 24, 2013
[s][/s]
chidindufrank: What's your take on the performance of Stephen Keshi? Isn't it time to show him the back door?
. Hosanah today crusify tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Blackteeth(m): 2:55am On Jun 24, 2013
This is not a coach problem. Is it the coach that caused the missed goal opportunities? The Nigerian players are not very talented. Some footballers are better than other footballers. That's the difference between a team like Spain and a team like Nigeria. Imagine if Nigeria has a squad all with the talent of Jay-Jay Okocha. There has to be a serious hunt for talented players in Nigeria.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Pointnoire(m): 2:56am On Jun 24, 2013
Black man sha Chris Hughton is now Ghanian as per na EPL Coach if na Bomb e carry now e become British subject grin grin
smoothcrim2014:

Ghanaian coaches have won the most African titles apart from Egypt

4 titles for Ghanaian coaches and 5 titles for Egyptian coaches.

In fact the most succesful Black African Coaches have been Ghanaian.

The only Black Coach in the EPL is Ghanaian... The coach of Norwich that is!!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by adavetee(m): 3:07am On Jun 24, 2013
@OP, we don't need a foreign coach. Keshi has done well despite losing the match against spain. This will serve as exposure to him & his players. They can only get better as far as african football is concern.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by sultanemerald(m): 3:08am On Jun 24, 2013
what is the problem with these ghanians? why compare yourselves shamelessly with Nigeria at every instant? why feel so inadequate and inferior? its a "Nigerian"discuss on "nairaland". show yourselves some value and respect.

8 Likes

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by delors(m): 3:32am On Jun 24, 2013
Foreign coach ko, foreign minister ni. Becasue we lost to the best team in the world, keshi is no longer good abi? smh.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by delors(m): 3:48am On Jun 24, 2013
akinladejo: [s][/s]. Hosanah today crusify tomorrow.
Yeah...Timi Oshikoya said it...people are just so unbelievable!
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by delors(m): 3:51am On Jun 24, 2013
smoothcrim2014:

Charlay, this is a Nigerian forum! Kumasi touts are not welcome here...vamoose! Akwei!

3 Likes

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by dinggle: 3:54am On Jun 24, 2013
We will only need a foreign coach if the coach will play striking position, as long as the coach ain't playing #9 for Nigeria heck! we dont need him/her.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by supaeagles(m): 3:59am On Jun 24, 2013
who is this troll talking about g(ay)hana football team on all threads when the topic is about the current big boys of African football (super eagles) here?? angry

Anyways, despite not getting results, our super eagles got some praise for their positive play in this confed cup in this ESPN article I have linked (and quoted 1st paragraph)....

A courageous Nigeria team exited the Confederations Cup with their dignity very much intact despite being on the wrong end of a 3-0 scoreline against European and World Champions, Spain. At the final whistle, the Super Eagles left the field as the spectators' clear moral victors with the crowd chanting "Nigeria! Nigeria!" albeit in suspiciously Brazilian accents. .....read more here

3 Likes

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by delors(m): 4:11am On Jun 24, 2013
smoothcrim2014:

Black ko, purple ni...that guy na mixed colours - white and black, so he is some what 'greyish'...not black. But the only black manager in NBA is a Nigerian - Masai Ujiri, a typically black Nigerian, the manager of Toronto Raptors in the NBA. Now, that's what I call class. Are you a learner?
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Nobody: 4:16am On Jun 24, 2013
[size=20pt]Any team that will hold spain like we did must be very good.as a coach, if you have IDEYE, MUSA and GAMBO as your striker then you have lost the game before it starts. as for gaynanians on dis forum you people should be lucky im not the owner of Nairaland. your IPs will be blocked for life.continue to compare ghana that's as small as zafara state to the whole of Nigeria.in the next 7-8 years we shall see who will be chasing each other out of their country.ghana must die PART 2[/size]
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by UyiIredia(m): 4:19am On Jun 24, 2013
No. He has done quite well, though I hope he won't keep Ideye - I suspect he might.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Nobody: 4:45am On Jun 24, 2013
We might not need foreign coach. The truth is that a foreign coach will never rely on player like IDEYE.
This is not our best, Keshi should swallow pride and invite our best players.

What happened to Anichebe, Shola Ameobi,Osaze? These trio is far better than any of keshi's attackers

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Nobody: 4:46am On Jun 24, 2013
what about Kalu brothers? are they injured?
One legged Uche is far better than IDEYE.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by brixton: 5:01am On Jun 24, 2013
NOPE
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by francis4real(m): 5:02am On Jun 24, 2013
Did u just say foreign coach? Capital NOOOOOO believe me present SE are just perfect what we need know is competent strikers to round it up, I belt it with u if Stephen keshi is giving a chance for just 6 years I swear with my late Dad that his going to win 2 Nations cup mark my words. Pls don't take us to square 1 cos we don't need any foreign coach please.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by toykathy(f): 5:03am On Jun 24, 2013
foreign wat? Will he bring merlin and clark kent along? What we need are players with experience n skills.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by ritux: 5:25am On Jun 24, 2013
NO. WE DON'T NEED A FOREIGN GAFFER.

We need a top class striker. I am not saying Osaze is a top notch striker but he is certainly better than Akpala, Ideye and Musa. Keshi should forgive and bring him in.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Akiika: 5:31am On Jun 24, 2013
No, we need foreign players.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Btruth: 5:44am On Jun 24, 2013
No, we do not need a any foreign coach again. We will continue with Keshi & with time, we will get it right.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by adexway(m): 5:45am On Jun 24, 2013
Foreign coach kwa. Mba o. All we need is foreign crops of players. All those strikers are a waste of time and energy. Them no just good
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by SuyaEater(m): 5:49am On Jun 24, 2013
How come you didn't ask this after cup of nations?

Yeye ediot....inferiority complex is why we are so backward...waiting for the white man to fix our own sh^t ....Let keshi finish his 5 year contract just like westerhoff had 5 years to build that formidable eagles squad from 1989 to 1994....we have to have consistency...we are not chelsea....

3 Likes

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by ikeyman00(m): 5:58am On Jun 24, 2013
@@@

ha like some of us already know; there is seriously something wrong with some Nigerians; they talk like they know when they bloody dont known what they are talking about

else why would someone open up a silly thread like this

and these are the people running their mouth every now or then in politics section

now believe this or not;if u take spain away no team in this world is better than eagle

oyigbo wouldnt tell u that

i can only hope this thread is a result of badbelle lipsrsealed

as a matter of truth Keshi should stay there for life
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Mattin(m): 6:02am On Jun 24, 2013
Playing with the likes of Iniesta and Tores against a good percentage number of home-based player who have less experience of international football(though they tried) is no match for evaluating Keshi perfomance.
KESHI remains the coach! @OP, please stop thinking like the NFA and company
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Nobody: 6:02am On Jun 24, 2013
[size=100pt]NO[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Lachynos2k2(m): 6:21am On Jun 24, 2013
Qelvin:
and what have they won Ghana?...indomie sachet?dude siasia was named the best African coach...Keshi qualified a below average Togolese team to the world cup...no Ghanaian coach has come that close...a Nigerian Micheal Eneramo is the technical adviser of one of the best teams in Europe...no Ghanaian coach is even qualified to be a cleaner for Chelsea's reserve team...
its emenalo
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by calddon(m): 6:27am On Jun 24, 2013
keshi has just directed the super eagles for how long now, just imagine the new super eagles in 2 years time with keshi in charge.
i love keshi's pattern. those boys lacked finishing touches and the defense was xtremely leaking. just imagine what would have happened if the duo of emenike and Moses were fit, victor Valdez abi victor basket for hear am.
for all i care na barca and Nigeria play ball yesterday,

super eagle when next you play barca "if you miss the ball don't miss the leg"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dalung Set To Handover National Stadium Surulere To Lagos State Govt. / Brighton Sack Manager Chris Hughton / Nigeria Vs Ghana (3 - 1) On Saturday 25th June @ 4pm (All Africa Games 2011 Qualifier)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.