Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? (14279 Views)

It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick / Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. / Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by wandevincent(m): 9:55am On Jun 24, 2013
Fool
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by chiwuike20: 9:55am On Jun 24, 2013
Finally, I think Keshi should look for another way of punishing erring players instead of not inviting them @all. For example, he should have invited Osaze and allow him to play the matches but then find another way of punishing him(like not giving him his allowance or give him half of it as a way of admonition) that way, it will serve as a deterrent to others. That's where tact comes in because keshi can not because of personal ego and pride take decision that is detrimental to the entire nation.[/quote]
I must start by sayin dat keshi dropping proud european players like osaze in order to bring discipline and committedness to d team is what made us champions. Nw 4 keshi to go back to his vomit will only make things worse. Inasmuch as we need xperienced players to come back to d team, we must make sure diz values built up is maintained.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by yuzedo: 9:58am On Jun 24, 2013
ckkris: Nigeria needs a foreign Minister of Sports, and foreign striker to replace Ideye.
grin grin grin
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Eyomezee(m): 10:00am On Jun 24, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]D question is wah will a foreign coach do against spain? Will he come on as a sub n score 3 golas?? We played beta dan most european teams play against spain!! We only lack enough creativity and we had dead strikers!! D likes of lagerback, berti volt ve all brought disgrace to our country
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by omar22(m): 10:01am On Jun 24, 2013
I dont think Nigeria needs a foreign coach, but Keshi's stubborness is clouding his judgement. Just like Van Basten did at the 2006 World cup when he dropped all the senior players for kids and the inexperience at the 2nd round. Nigeria played well but an old head in attack would have done something different.

I Think Keshi should consider to more experience players and forgive some of those nut case because honestly, Nigeria took the game to Spain in a way NO EUROPEAN TEAM has done.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by caius(m): 10:02am On Jun 24, 2013
this is one of the best coach that Nigeria has leading the team.We must allow him to build up a team which can contest for major competitions. We must resist the temptation of just winning matches on individual talents and have a team . Kudos to the Big Boss.....the journey is still far and the team is yet on point.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by naturalwaves: 10:02am On Jun 24, 2013
We do not need a foreign coach just some lil additions to d squad and we are good to go. Musa was a lil bit impressive yesterday at least , he was sighting d position of d striker before releasing those crosses which often times were mostly intercepted by Spain's Centre backs. The few times his crosses went through, Ideye and Akpala made a mess of it.

As for Ideye, he still deserves a call up into the team. Anyone that has watched Ideye well will know that he plays 8 very well but very woeful at striking. Infact, he is our best 8 at d moment. He should never ever be used as a Striker. Let Ideye play 8 and U will respect him.

Overall, thumbs up to Keshi!

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by soderican(m): 10:02am On Jun 24, 2013
I respect wat u said but why d ban for ideye. Wat happens to improvising.
Red-Light:
foreign coach ko... another planet coach ni

what did lagerbeer win after earning 0ver 50million naira a month? he didn't even go pass first round in the world cup. amodu was even better than that goat.

with the foreign players, how many trophies did we win? the worst times in our football was when we rely on these silly foreign players that arrive a camp anytime they want and believed that their is automatic jersey for them simply because they are playing in one lame club in England. no patriotism, no discipline, nothing nothing.. mikel is our best player today, we forgot how Nigerians use to abuse him because he lacks discipline and patriotism, but keshi instigate all that into him, yet we are talking about foreign coach. what kinda stupid suggestion is that? angry

the home base players didnt win neither did they embarrass us.

the only advice for coach keshi is to mix foreign based players (disciplined ones) not the ones that will always cause problems in camp and feel they are bigger than the other players because they play in local league.

then he should work on our attack and defense and he must never call that ideye (idegoat) to super eagles again, that dude is a national disgrace.

overall... COACH KESHI ALL THE WAY
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by miccodb(m): 10:04am On Jun 24, 2013
na foreign coach go teach strikers how to shoot into an empty net?
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Jerryjat(m): 10:07am On Jun 24, 2013
yeah... i tink Sir Alex Ferguson would do...
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by ADIGUNadekunle: 10:14am On Jun 24, 2013
he need to setle with some players like osase.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by victorazy(m): 10:17am On Jun 24, 2013
I think Igbo are the real antidote this country really needs. Imagin our strikers cant score bcuz no Igbo guy was there. I pity this country that the way other common, filthy, fragile, incapable, feeble, inproficient, brainless tribes are managing d country "thank God Keshi's name is Okechukwu" no wonder he is doing excellent. See Musa, no brain like cow! See Ideye-nettrophobian "fear of net" Mikel score "Igbo", Echiejile "Igbo"
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by collynzo2(m): 10:21am On Jun 24, 2013
victorazy: I think Igbo are the real antidote this country really needs. Imagin our strikers cant score bcuz no Igbo guy was there. I pity this country that the way other common, filthy, fragile, incapable, feeble, inproficient, brainless tribes are managing d country "thank God Keshi's name is Okechukwu" no wonder he is doing excellent. See Musa, no brain like cow! See Ideye-nettrophobian "fear of net" Mikel score "Igbo", Echiejile "Igbo"
Na wa from you o guy, no bring tribalism here biko. Nwannem e knugo?

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by collynzo2(m): 10:22am On Jun 24, 2013
ADIGUN adekunle: he need to setle with some players like osase.
Osaze will not add anything to this team, rather he'll destroy it. Osaze is no Messi!
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by mekano1980: 10:29am On Jun 24, 2013
Nigeria doesn't need foreign coach,but we need foreign strikers and defenders[b][/b][i][/i]
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Nomski0(f): 10:50am On Jun 24, 2013
victorazy: I think Igbo are the real antidote this country really needs. Imagin our strikers cant score bcuz no Igbo guy was there. I pity this country that the way other common, filthy, fragile, incapable, feeble, inproficient, brainless tribes are managing d country "thank God Keshi's name is Okechukwu" no wonder he is doing excellent. See Musa, no brain like cow! See Ideye-nettrophobian "fear of net" Mikel score "Igbo", Echiejile "Igbo"
Your foolishness cannot just be over-emphasized.....i dont know who gave you access to the internet, because you are clearly not well. Its people like you that bring this country down with your never ending unnecessary tribalistic wars.
Grow up and act your age.....if your dream is to see Nigeria divided, tell them you miss road. Ewu#

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by omar22(m): 10:57am On Jun 24, 2013
collynzo2: Osaze will not add anything to this team, rather he'll destroy it. Osaze is no Messi!

We didnt need a Messi, just needed someone who would put the ball in the onion bag or shoot from 20yrds at goal
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Freiburger(m): 11:01am On Jun 24, 2013
ckkris: Nigeria needs a foreign Minister of Sports, and foreign striker to replace Ideye.
LMFAO cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 24, 2013
@OP I would have used condom on ya mama I don't know you will turn out to be such a poo...what a silly question.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by soderican(m): 11:16am On Jun 24, 2013
@op tnx a lot for stirring positivity outta these thinkers. So nigerians can think and remain positive for once. Who sed we r nt a great nation?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by larimo(m): 11:32am On Jun 24, 2013
[size=20pt]NO[/size]. Please close this thread. No offense grin grin
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 24, 2013
Senseless and a foolish question. Very premature and Unnecessary question... Mtcheeeeww!
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by oloriooko(m): 12:21pm On Jun 24, 2013
[size=28pt]NOPE[/size]
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Teefabs(m): 12:31pm On Jun 24, 2013
Foreign coach will be better for our senior team cos all our local coaches are failure

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 24, 2013
How many years did it take the most successful foreign coach to win the nation's cup? The problems of the team are: 1. The attack was zero. So, keshi should look for attackers. Idenye and akpala are supporting strikers. Even musa. 2. The mildfield needs creative mildfielders. 3. The defence should be look into. Including the keeper. And for foreign coach, fa fa fa foul.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Arnoldo(m): 1:19pm On Jun 24, 2013
smoothcrim2014:

He is not a coach but a scout and technical director.... I am talking about Head Coach.
cant you clearly see that you are a mumu..u have forgotten that emenalo was an assistant coach before he was promoted..go and google that if you hav internet services in your village

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by omar22(m): 1:28pm On Jun 24, 2013
Arnoldo: cant you clearly see that you are a mumu..u have forgotten that emenalo was an assistant coach before he was promoted..go and google that if you hav internet services in your village

Assistant coach to who?

He was the scout and was promoted Technical Director
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by pazienza(m): 1:32pm On Jun 24, 2013
supaeagles: who is this troll talking about g(ay)hana football team on all threads when the topic is about the current big boys of African football (super eagles) here?? angry

Anyways, despite not getting results, our super eagles got some praise for their positive play in this confed cup in this ESPN article I have linked (and quoted 1st paragraph)....

A courageous Nigeria team exited the Confederations Cup with their dignity very much intact despite being on the wrong end of a 3-0 scoreline against European and World Champions, Spain. At the final whistle, the Super Eagles left the field as the spectators' clear moral victors with the crowd chanting "Nigeria! Nigeria!" albeit in suspiciously Brazilian accents. .....read more here

"Their dynamism dimmed when they could not score the intensity went out of them"- vicente del bosque.

This was,and remains the problem of this our team,they have struggled to score goals,even in the world cup qualifiers,the same was the case, we only survived those matches because of the quality of the opposition.

A team that cannot finish off it's scoring chances is bound to fail.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Arnoldo(m): 1:43pm On Jun 24, 2013
omar22:

Assistant coach to who?

He was the scout and was promoted Technical Director
he was appointed Chief Scout under Avram Grant at Chelsea. When Ray Wilkins left the club, he was promoted to Assistant First Team coach in November 2010 working with Carlo Ancelotti. In July 2011, Emenalo was appointed Chelsea's Technical Director...i am a chelsea fan and i can remember vividly when he had a problem with acelotti and he wanted emenalo sacked but it seemed abrahamovich had personal interest in emenalo
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by pazienza(m): 1:44pm On Jun 24, 2013

Kedu ife bu nsogbu gi,iri go kwa nri? Ujah is igbo and he failed naija,likewise egwuekwe,they both failed.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by omar22(m): 1:52pm On Jun 24, 2013
Arnoldo: he was appointed Chief Scout under Avram Grant at Chelsea. When Ray Wilkins left the club, he was promoted to Assistant First Team coach in November 2010 working with Carlo Ancelotti. In July 2011, Emenalo was appointed Chelsea's Technical Director...i am a chelsea fan and i can remember vividly when he had a problem with acelotti and he wanted emenalo sacked but it seemed abrahamovich had personal interest in emenalo

What you dont know dont talk about it, Mike was Roman's eyes and ears (Gbeborun, Amebo, Mole or spy) in the camp thats why Roman moved him into the camp as an assistant when Ray was fired they moved up Steve Holland was asked to support Carlo to the end of the season. And he was also asked to support Benithez despite Benithez asked Zenden to be his assistance.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Kenny4lyfe(m): 2:11pm On Jun 24, 2013
Na just TWO matches the guy lose and ona don they SCHEME how to sack am! NA WAAAOOO! Me I want make KESHI STAY O. Not for the sake of giving him a second chance but because HE DESERVE IT! Those two teams wey knack us akpako no be small team. Plus say them get "WORLD CLASS STRICKERS", non of the dudes we fielded against them is a good finisher. Just a bunch of ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS and ASSISTANT STRIKERS! Now that we're out, all KESHI has gotta do is fish for GOOD STRIKERS to make up for these amendable lapses in our ATTACKS! SHIKENAN!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dalung Set To Handover National Stadium Surulere To Lagos State Govt. / Brighton Sack Manager Chris Hughton / Nigeria Vs Ghana (3 - 1) On Saturday 25th June @ 4pm (All Africa Games 2011 Qualifier)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.