Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? (14277 Views)

It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick / Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. / Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 24, 2013
smoothcrim2014: I will be honest with you. Just keep Keshi. I heard you have not paid him for 6 months. Show some respect and pay him. He has done a fine job.

whats this guys challenge sef angry, You are just a typical antagonist WTF?
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Ola007(m): 2:31pm On Jun 24, 2013
No.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Freiburger(m): 2:33pm On Jun 24, 2013
This foreign coach fever should stop. i've never seen an African coach handling even a regional league club in Europe .

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by babzynkyahoocom(m): 3:16pm On Jun 24, 2013
Not only foreign coach, na foreign president we need. what even prompted your reasoning?
What did Betti Vogt left us with.
We just need improvement in our goal coversion rate. Only spain can prove of better possesion than NIGERIA. Even at that, they had their lowest ball possesion rate of 53% in the first half against us, as against their usual trademark.
Our goal creation chances is impressive, just conversion is the problem. Above all, we play beautiful football. Even at other levels too.
We need to stop penchant for foreign goods, 'support local content'

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by iriowuro: 3:18pm On Jun 24, 2013
smoothcrim2014:

They won 4 African cup of nation cups!!!

Our coach Sellas Tetteh also won the Under 20 world cup. The only African coach to do it....

Enemalo is not a technical director in the traditional sense. He is simply a closely trusted associate but, would not be trusted to coach a dog how to eat a bone grin grin grin

u most b an idiot. I dnt av prob wit ghana or ghanians bt i av issues wit u as a person, u r not talkin lik a true AFRICAN, u talk lik a racist. bsid dnt compare ghana along side NIGERIA, dnt ever, in all facet of life dnt u ever, I respect ur country & ur ppl bt u annoy me d way u talk.
d first ever under 16/17 fifa/kodak world cup was won by Nigeria in d year 1985 - coach => Tunde Disu "MON".
1993 Nigeria won another under 16/17 world cup through another indigeneous coach.
d most recent is 2007 another under 16/17 world trophy by late, coach Yemi Tela another indigen/citizen. This is not includin the under 19, 20s, 21, trophies by indigeneous coaches. So shut up & shut up for good.

to d question - NO! NO!! NO!!! It beta we enrich our indigeneous coaches by given job witout result dan enrich d foreign folks dat wont give result.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 24, 2013
u Forgot Real Madrid
Maxymilliano: And why should Keshi be shown the back door? For record purpose, Super eagles really tried in the match against Spain.

They played against two team, spain and barca, were you expecting any miracle
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Soso990240(m): 3:35pm On Jun 24, 2013
PDPwayoo: We might not need foreign coach. The truth is that a foreign coach will never rely on player like IDEYE.
This is not our best, Keshi should swallow pride and invite our best players.

What happened to Anichebe, Shola Ameobi,Osaze? These trio is far better than any of keshi's attackers
u ar behind.shola Ameobi coach said he wount allow him play for nigeria.anichebe said he wount play for nigeria,for now..osaze is havin problem wit Nff,keshi,and wesbrom coach.we only hope he changes his atitude,so dat he will be recalled.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Rossikk(m): 4:39pm On Jun 24, 2013
pazienza:

"Their dynamism dimmed when they could not score the intensity went out of them"- vicente del bosque.

I noticed this too. The rest of the SE players stopped playing hard when they saw the strikers were fumbling away all the chances. It's like they thought ''why bother? the fools in front won't score!''
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by stint(m): 5:16pm On Jun 24, 2013
Zona.com:
Foreign wetin No talk am again o. Keshi is trying. He needs more time. The important thing now is that we need quality substitutes to each position. Our striking force is real weak, injuries making matter worst
and whose fault is that. who took the wrong players to confederations cup. is it not Keshi?
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by dehcko: 5:43pm On Jun 24, 2013
guass: Nigeria urgently needs a new coach.
Go coach them na....dem dey wait u for airport..
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Rossikk(m): 5:44pm On Jun 24, 2013
stint:
and whose fault is that. who took the wrong players to confederations cup. is it not Keshi?

How will he know who the wrong or right players are if he doesn't give all a chance?
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by ijeezlux(m): 6:19pm On Jun 24, 2013
The super eagles are really improving, their sytle of play has changed immensely but we still need to work on some of our news players cos they lack focus and inexperience. When you look at the second goal that torres scored, it was the inexperience of obabono that lead to that goal, becos he was suppose to be at the front of torres even before the ball was crossed but instead he was looking at the ball forgetting that torres was very close to him. As a defender ur eyes are suppose to be on both the ball and the nearest opponent close to u, But no doubt the guy is a good and feature player. Musa should also learn how to control his pace and how to giv pin point pass.
God bless super eagles
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by AjanleKoko: 6:23pm On Jun 24, 2013
Some of you think the job of a national team coach is to teach players how to play football.
All these guys are supposed to be playing in professional football teams, The national coach just gathers players from everywhere and tells them how he wants to use them.
Keshi can't teach Ideye how to score goals ke angry
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Darius2000: 7:04pm On Jun 24, 2013
I am not in support of a foreign coach. Those clamouring for that a foreign coach should as well do so for a foreign president, or foreign lawmakers. On a serious note, why should anybody think the nigerian football should be anything different from its government?
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Arnoldo(m): 7:32pm On Jun 24, 2013
omar22:

What you dont know dont talk about it, Mike was Roman's eyes and ears (Gbeborun, Amebo, Mole or spy) in the camp thats why Roman moved him into the camp as an assistant when Ray was fired they moved up Steve Holland was asked to support Carlo to the end of the season. And he was also asked to support Benithez despite Benithez asked Zenden to be his assistance.
what is the difference was emenalo never an assistant how can u say i dnt knw what i am saying when we are saying the same thing..was he nt an assistant to emenalo
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by mwaza02: 8:59pm On Jun 24, 2013
no use for these thread, must be crazy for nyone to still ask for a foreign coach, soon we would ban professional players and invest in our premiership, oyibo my yansh. make keshi better get osaze and victor to pair...word
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Kgdavid(m): 12:33am On Jun 25, 2013
chidindufrank: What's your take on the performance of Stephen Keshi? Isn't it time to show him the back door?

shame on you bro. shame on you
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by sambos994(m): 12:41am On Jun 25, 2013
Chei! Keshi has been coach for what? A year? And we're already talking for a foreign coach? Will Nigerians ever be grateful? Even Torres admitted Nigeria played a very good game. This is the same Spain that killed Italy 4-0 in the EURO FINAL. Now that's embarrassment.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by SuyaEater(m): 6:46am On Jun 25, 2013
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Arnoldo(m): 7:06am On Jun 25, 2013
To the ghanians making noise here go read dis http://www.naijado.com/forum/showtopic.php?id=48
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Fidelcruiz(m): 10:11am On Jun 25, 2013
chidindufrank: What's your take on the performance of Stephen Keshi? Isn't it time to show him the back door?
We don't need a foreign coach at all Coach Keshi is doing great job in the team. What he need is to nurture the boys very well on how to take their chances and defend very well
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Arnoldo(m): 10:53am On Jun 25, 2013
Rossikk:

I noticed this too. The rest of the SE players stopped playing hard when they saw the strikers were fumbling away all the chances. It's like they thought ''why bother? the fools in front won't score!''
u ar just too good at reading ppl thought tru t.v lwkmd
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 25, 2013
Super Eagles lacked the competence, experience and ability to deliver even when face to face with the opponent's goalkeeper as we saw in the three matches they played. Spain's chief coach said after the match with Nigeria that all the players he fielded were attackers. Can't Nigeria have a team like that and if it is a foreign coach that can take us there, why not? I was so disappointed in Nigeria. One proof that the super eagles are bad is the scoreline against Tahiti. While Nigeria scored 6 goals to defeat Tahiti, Uruguay and Spain scored 8 and 10 to whitewash the same team. Isn't this proof that the Nigerian team is least professional? As in the match with Spain, they also lost several face to face scoring chances when they played Tahiti. Any team without the ability to score is no team, no matter how much fine football it plays, period!
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 25, 2013
sack keshi..hire lagerback. Shebi we like backwardness?

instead of leaving keshi to finalise his selection on the team and prepare us for the WC2014, everyone's shouting "SACK SACK SACK!"

such illiteracy. lipsrsealed undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dalung Set To Handover National Stadium Surulere To Lagos State Govt. / Brighton Sack Manager Chris Hughton / Nigeria Vs Ghana (3 - 1) On Saturday 25th June @ 4pm (All Africa Games 2011 Qualifier)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.