Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? (14276 Views)

It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick / Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. / Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by chiwuike20: 7:53am On Jun 24, 2013
D originator of d thread merits 60 strokes of mlitary koboko lying flat on d ground wit his hands tied tighty to his back. We've had series of white coaches hu made millions without achieving anything. Nw we have an indigenous coach hu is successful and full of promise we talk of sack because he lost to d european and world champion. I must say dat besides paraguay in d 2010 world cup and argentina in a friendly, there's no country in d world dat has ever put spain under pressure since their prime like nigeria. Keshi, within 2yrs of acceptin dat job has become a legend, sackin him will only push him to a greater position and achievement (if u doubt me, take a review of his career as a coach and give me ur findings). My personal observation is dat if we had moses and emenike in dis tournament, we wud either topped d group or take 2nd position by goal agg. Long live super eagles! Long live keshi

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by hafsatbaby: 7:53am On Jun 24, 2013
Ideye is a catastrophe
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by yomiousyolola: 7:59am On Jun 24, 2013
Mr man?which kain foreign coach?can't u c dis is a team?go sleep jor!
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Nomski0(f): 8:00am On Jun 24, 2013
smoothcrim2014: Yes, it is time to hire a Ghanaian coach.
Abeg....who allowed this mumu here?
Dont you have an azonto competition or something?. Just kindly tell me what your coach did for you in the last Afcon.....he couldnt even defeat teams without penalties involved.....and your big head is swelling. go hug transformer jor. You are a certified learner.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by bakynes(m): 8:05am On Jun 24, 2013
You guys have analyzed it all,Keshi is the best SE coach have seen in years now i love the style he brought to the team all he needs now is to amend the loop holes starting by finding another replacement for Enyeama, the guys reflexes is bad. The defence lacks concentration sometimes he needs to look into that,Onazi and Mikel wonderful players just need to call back Kalu Uche as a sub for them. For the World cup, i think we need Emenike,Martins,Moses,IK Uche,Osaze and Oduamadi for that attack Ideye and Musa can come from the bench.With such players under Keshi Nigeria is a team to watch out for in the Upcoming World cup
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by camelus: 8:08am On Jun 24, 2013
Ok,U want to use SE that are still being groomed which is barely a year plus to beat Spain national team that have been together for close to a decade...I hear u what's an ingratitude .
Listen up Guy this SE squad is a winning team playing with discipline,hunger for success,determination etc infact i am proud of them.
We have just identified their problem at international level,which include;

.We need two more young prolific stand by Strikers with shooting accuracy that will be substituting Emenike and another one that can replace him should in case he got injured.
So our job ur job is to help look @ League across the Globe lets get names and suggest to Keshi while he do his own search too cos we should help provide solution to our problems.
.Tho i will blame Ideye for missing open chances and not scoring numerous goals in this Confed tourney but he is still far moree better than Akpala,Babtunde,Ujah who could not even score and could not provide assist too. If Ideye is played behind a good Striker he does well he Provided Emenike with good assist in the AFCON do not forget so soon,Ideye has strength and can hold ball very well watch him again.
.Ahmed Musa too greatly improved as the game progresses we need him while Muhamed Gambo need more playing time too. I will blame Keshi for not bringing in Gambo against Tahiti when Ideye and Musa were busy squandering our chances.
.Methink say calling Osaze back will disorganise that team lets do search for young Players who will lead attacking line for our dear SE and get blended before the World Cup.
Up Eagles !

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by honguqia: 8:10am On Jun 24, 2013
I can't decide which is worse...

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by honguqia: 8:11am On Jun 24, 2013
I can't decide which is worse...

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Josh121(m): 8:11am On Jun 24, 2013
[quote author=chidindufrank]What's your take on the performance of Stephen Keshi? Isn't it time to show him the back door?[/quote
What is wrong with we Nigerian . Let me tell u something you can never be great if you don't fail
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Skywalker5(m): 8:12am On Jun 24, 2013
foreign coach ko, foreign coach ni.

when keshi won the african cup, nobody complained. Now hypocrites are coming out asking questions if Nigeria needs a foreign coach.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by successking: 8:13am On Jun 24, 2013
Ghanaian coaches have won the most African titles apart from Egypt

4 titles for Ghanaian coaches and 5 titles for Egyptian coaches.

In fact the most succesful Black African Coaches have been Ghanaian.

Shut up if you have nothing to say. What have they done for Ghanaian teams?
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by abhosts(m): 8:14am On Jun 24, 2013
No Manager in the World can achieve any better than Keshi has with the crop of players he had available at his disposal.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by ikeyman00(m): 8:17am On Jun 24, 2013
@@@@
camelus
Ok,U want to use SE that are still being groomed which is barely a year plus to beat Spain national team that have been together for close to a decade...I hear u what's an ingratitude .
Listen up Guy this SE squad is a winning team playing with discipline,hunger for success,determination etc infact i am proud of them.
We have just identified their problem at international level,which include;

.We need two more young prolific stand by Strikers with shooting accuracy that will be substituting Emenike and another one that can replace him should in case he got injured.
So our job ur job is to help look @ League across the Globe lets get names and suggest to Keshi while he do his own search too cos we should help provide solution to our problems.
.Tho i will blame Ideye for missing open chances and not scoring numerous goals in this Confed tourney but he is still far moree better than Akpala,Babtunde,Ujah who could not even score and could not provide assist too. If Ideye is played behind a good Striker he does well he Provided Emenike with good assist in the AFCON do not forget so soon,Ideye has strength and can hold ball very well watch him again.
.Ahmed Musa too greatly improved as the game progresses we need him while Muhamed Gambo need more playing time too. I will blame Keshi for not bringing in Gambo against Tahiti when Ideye and Musa were busy squandering our chances.
.Methink say calling Osaze back will disorganise that team lets do search for young Players who will lead attacking line for our dear SE and get blended before the World Cup.
Up Eagles !

nonesense

u see people like u is the reason nigeria is in a mess; big big big mess; wat u got up there is rubbish!

wat would have been ur opinion had super took their chances only god knows that

by the way how come the same people that were murdering Obi in past are the ones singing praises now
shocked shocked shocked shocked

something to think about lipsrsealed ride on BOSS
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by successking: 8:22am On Jun 24, 2013
Keshi should be given one last chance to retrace his proud attitude which made him not to invite some notable players as a result of what they said on social networks.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Flygerian1(m): 8:23am On Jun 24, 2013
Yes o! SP needs a foreign coach for realer.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:24am On Jun 24, 2013
I only clicked this to tell the op to go off himself.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by BigBenoski(m): 8:31am On Jun 24, 2013
Foreign coach? Unless his name is Jose mourinho!
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by ikeyman00(m): 8:31am On Jun 24, 2013
@@@@
sucess
keshi should be given one last chance to retrace his proud attitude which made him not to invite some notable players as a result of what they said on social networks.

to be honest

u should quit watching football for good
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by trendyguy: 8:32am On Jun 24, 2013
blasterman: NOpe wat we need is foreign players. Seriously ideye, gambo no make set at all

ideye na foreign base player but not good enough to be in the first eleven, gambo not suppose to be in the team, keshi is a good coach all he need to do is to bring in like 5 quality players into the team before world cup.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by hassymo5(m): 8:32am On Jun 24, 2013
IDEYE don suffer for this country!!!!!!!
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 24, 2013
Keshi should bring back osaze , martins and with moses and emenike in that team,the result wwould have been different..proud of Mikel obi, that boy can play
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Policewoman(f): 8:38am On Jun 24, 2013
chidindufrank: What's your take on the performance of Stephen Keshi? Isn't it time to show him the back door?
No need for that. His only mistake was taking mostly inexperienced boys to play against established senior teams of Spain and Uruguay. He has to invite experienced Nigerian players who are doing well in their clubs like Odemwinge, Kalu Uche, Obafemi Martins, Victor Moses e.t.c., when going for the world cup.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by beto2gbaski: 8:41am On Jun 24, 2013
It's quite unfortunate how some Nigerians fail to see the positives from this confed cup. It is a general consensus dat we missed our main frontmen and the available ones weren't good enuf.
So how does showing Keshi the back door solve the problem? A man who wiped away our tears and is building a team we can be proud of. @ OP If u hav personal issues with the man pls say so but never open ur mouth again to talk abt sacking the man. SMH at ur bad belle!
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by emmayoc: 8:43am On Jun 24, 2013
Pls somebody shld tell Keshi dat if he dosnt sack Ideye from SE, Ideye will definitely lead to his sack
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by clintino700(m): 8:47am On Jun 24, 2013
Pls we don't need any new coach cos #keshi has done more than any coach I have seen coaching Nigeria. We just need more experience player in our team not musa, ideye n co. We need to call back some of our europe base players back like odewinge n martins co, cos we lost to spain and uruguay due to inexperience. KESHI is d MAN 4 SUPER EAGLES.........
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by 2goodbobo(m): 8:48am On Jun 24, 2013
Showing Keshi the back door is not the answer. The previous foreign coaches we have hired, what have they done for us? I think where Keshi got it all wrong was having too much home base players+unknown foreign names in the team. Right from the onset I knew our attack was weak and when you go into such tournament with a weak attack, then you are surely going to pay hugely for it.

Imagine the number of chances we got against Spain but could not be converted because of inexperience in front of Goal. If Martins or Osaze were to be in that position, it would have been a different story.

Finally, I think Keshi should look for another way of punishing erring players instead of not inviting them @all. For example, he should have invited Osaze and allow him to play the matches but then find another way of punishing him(like not giving him his allowance or give him half of it as a way of admonition) that way, it will serve as a deterrent to others. That's where tact comes in because keshi can not because of personal ego and pride take decision that is detrimental to the entire nation.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by camelus: 8:50am On Jun 24, 2013
ikeyman00: @@@@
camelus

nonesense

u see people like u is the reason nigeria is in a mess; big big big mess; wat u got up there is rubbish!

wat would have been ur opinion had super took their chances only god knows that

by the way how come the same people that were murdering Obi in past are the ones singing praises now
shocked shocked shocked shocked

something to think about lipsrsealed ride on BOSS

Ops may be u have comprehension probs !
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by ikeyman00(m): 8:54am On Jun 24, 2013
@@@

i smell some bad bad belle and enemy of progress in here

forget the arguments and that

they know wat they want lipsrsealed

una go wound ooo

hm
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by obayaya(m): 9:38am On Jun 24, 2013
I think Nigerias performance can be summed up in ESPN's Bennet words.
m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=relegationzone&id=1059&wjb

I'll give keshi a pass mark for trying to build a team with ambition from our own leagues.. it's evident that our problem up front are all these overrated foreign based striker.. akpala, Musa, ideye.

the midfield combination is good.. Mikel bringing his unheralded Chelsea experience to give vision to a midfield comprising of home based players..

our defence is something that surprised Me. omeruo is gradually becoming an important part of this team, the boy reads the game perfectly. our problem in defense is still the foreign based full backs that sometimes lost concentration and fail to return from their overlaps leaving the center back exposed.

I think keshi did a very good job and should be left to continue
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Gayigaskia(m): 9:39am On Jun 24, 2013
Truth be told Nigeria still need goal scorer like Martins or Osaze. The absence of Emenike and Moses is also a great hole for this team. I don t blame Gambo for missing that goal ,after all the guy is discovering a new kind of stage against the world number one team. It is more hurtful when you see a guy like Akpala and Ideye who have spend a decade in Europe miss goals like they did. On this topic i said Keshi all the way for SE.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 24, 2013
Keshi to me is a gud coach bt my prblm, i mean wat i hate abt him is dat he equate personal interest to public interest. I know Osaze is havin a beef wt Keshi and not wt NFA. Oseze wld av fitted wel in ystday's game wt spain. No Moses! No Emenike!! No Osaze!!! Only Mikel in d field and u expect us to win. Expecting us to win or draw spain is as good as expecting a player to win 11 players.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 24, 2013
lucenzo: We don't need a foreign coach

we want Ideye akpala, Gambo and musa to trek their way back home. cheesy

Gambo was like " Kai, pernando torres pernando torres, ran ka dede" grin

I heard that the jersey Ideye gave to Torres was found on the floor and returned back to Ideye. grin

grin grin

All in all, our boys put in a nice show if not for some unfortunate goals and wastefulness on the part of our strikers.

But wait ooo, what were we expecting; Nigeria to win the confed cup grin grin grin Make una no use laugh kill me abeg ooo

Commentator; ... and Nigeria wins the the trophy grin grin grin

LWKMD!!!

Guy your talent dey waste o!

Comedy could fetch you millions you know!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dalung Set To Handover National Stadium Surulere To Lagos State Govt. / Brighton Sack Manager Chris Hughton / Nigeria Vs Ghana (3 - 1) On Saturday 25th June @ 4pm (All Africa Games 2011 Qualifier)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.