Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,034 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" - Properties (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (263927 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 12:38am On Nov 22, 2013
Blue Mountain1: Learning - Put - In - Action:

Discharging Second Batch load of 25 tonnes.
Actually, after this second truck has been fully loaded and reweighed, it returned 19.77 Tonnes.
So here, for an uninformed client, he will feel that a 'FULL' load was supplied to him after having paid for 25 tonnes, while in actual fact, these trucks do not contain the 25 tonnes they often claim to carry.

So for the second truck load that just equals 19.77 tonne, you will one charged for the 25 tonne plus the 19.77 tonne, and get cash or credit refund for the balance since you paid for 50 tonnes? This is a very good way to make sure you get what you paid for. Thanks for the lesson.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by BlueMountain1(m): 6:17am On Nov 22, 2013
azora: Thanks Blue Mountain for educating us in this thread. One thing I personally observed was the price of size 4 granite which is N4,515:00 per tons, I want to believe the price is just too expensive. At my end over hear, as at yesterday I bought. That perticular size for N2,600 per ton. Please where is the quarry in your picture located.

This practical took place at the Conrock Granite Crushing Industry, Amasiri, Ebonyi State, South East Nigeria.
(Between Okigwe and Afikpo, though very close to Afikpo.)
Well the other quarry is a Julius Bedger quarry. They do not sell to end users but solely for their constructions. So the element of monopoly might be another privellge they are enjoying fully. What can one do when you do not have alternatives?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by lujioke: 12:37pm On Nov 22, 2013

Actually, after this second truck has been fully loaded and reweighed, it returned 19.77 Tonnes.
So here, for an uninformed client, he will feel that a 'FULL' load was supplied to him after having paid for 25 tonnes, while in actual fact, these trucks do not contain the 25 tonnes they often claim to carry.

So, will the entire class join me in saying thank you to Oga Spyder for helping us know the difference in the sizes of these trucks and the capacity of what they can truly carry.

Summary:

1. Intention to use the granite.
2. Approach a granite crushing company.
3. Make sure you are not stopped at the gate. Claim you have an appointment with the Site manager.
4. This will give you the advantage of seeing first hand the price list of the various product sizes.
5. Get their bank account details and make your payment in accord with the desired quantity.
6. Not to worry. These companies do have dedicated individual accounts for clients, such that if you are not able to carry all your products at once, you can always come for it at any other time. You can even use the balance (cash value) to buy any other size in the future.
7. You can see that i did pay for 50 tonnes of number 4 @ N 4515:00 but was only able to carry a sum total of 43.63 tonnes.
8. The cash value balance will be used to purchase Number 5 size @ N 4,300:00 per tonne in the future.
9. Negotiate / make arraignment for a truck that will carry your product.
10. At the gate , register and collect the truck's gate pass.
11. Approach the weighing bridge to ascertain the weight of your truck without the loaded products. Not the format of the weighing scale.
12. It is calibrated in Kg;
13. 1,000 kg = 1 Metric tonne.
14. Proceed to have your truck loaded and pay N 200:00 to the pay loader guy and hand in to him the gate pass as his record of what he loaded for the day.
15. The loaded truck goes back to be reweighed.
16. If you are satisfied, then the leveler will go up for a fee of N 200:00 to tidy the load so that it does not fall off the truck. the will also put a tarpaulin over it.
17. Next is to settle Local Government, Union, and other statutory fee of N 5,100:00. All are receipted.
18. If your face is the approachable type, there are other 'settlings' that may come your way.
19. Happy buying.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by lujioke: 12:44pm On Nov 22, 2013
Wow, what a useful information. Thank you blue mountain for sharing this. May God bless you.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by gabbytabby: 2:40pm On Nov 22, 2013
spyder880:

Its recent, I actually stopped working there since early August. Was very painful leaving childhood friends and colleagues after 21 years of continuous service. My boss refused to accept my earlier resignation letter, he said I can have another leave for a month and if I still want to work in the company, I can continue. He tore the first resignation letter. I wrote and submitted another letter on the 5th of September and it was finally accepted with an official company letter dated the 25th of September 2013.

We have to take our destinies in our hands at some point in our lives. The Lord is good.

While it can be scary to take your destiny in your hands great men are made from those who dared to do this. May the lord continue to bless the work of your hands. You shall never regret it. IJN.

I have been toying with a similar situation for the last 2 years and know its not easy.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 7:09pm On Nov 22, 2013
gabbytabby:

While it can be scary to take your destiny in your hands great men are made from those who dared to do this. May the lord continue to bless the work of your hands. You shall never regret it. IJN.

I have been toying with a similar situation for the last 2 years and know its not easy.

You are so right, it is one of the toughest decision for a man to make, leaving the known and certain for the not to sure and uncertain, but like you said, you cant be a great man by not pursuing your destiny, however, not for everyone.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 9:26pm On Nov 22, 2013
Fhemmmy:

You are so right, it is one of the toughest decision for a man to make, leaving the known and certain for the not to sure and uncertain, but like you said, you cant be a great man by not pursuing your destiny, however, not for everyone.

I think when I am 39 years old, I will do the same and take the risk. Inspired by Oga Spyder.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by gtrust: 9:39pm On Nov 22, 2013
spyder880:

Its recent, I actually stopped working there since early August. Was very painful leaving childhood friends and colleagues after 21 years of continuous service. My boss refused to accept my earlier resignation letter, he said I can have another leave for a month and if I still want to work in the company, I can continue. He tore the first resignation letter. I wrote and submitted another letter on the 5th of September and it was finally accepted with an official company letter dated the 25th of September 2013.

We have to take our destinies in our hands at some point in our lives. The Lord is good.

Correct man Spyder!
Salary is like 'half-bread...'
Now that you can bake the bread yourself and so far so good.
You have been 'baking' some good houses and you have also showed maturity and honesty.

Yes! You can!
All the best.

Anyway: introduce me to some coca-cola business I beg.
Show me the 'wetin dey' and money is not a problem.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Numerouuuno: 10:46pm On Nov 22, 2013
Spyder880,well done sir....we just dey observe since.
Who says money isn't good?
Keep up the good job sir?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 1:42am On Nov 23, 2013
mufutau55:

I think when I am 39 years old, I will do the same and take the risk. Inspired by Oga Spyder.

Hajji Mufutau

Ha ha ha . . . You are just too much oh, i have been struggling with same decision now for almost 10 years cry
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by NL1960: 1:19pm On Nov 23, 2013
NL1960:

@spyder880. I want to assume here that the fence this mansion is getting will be on all the four sides of the plot. I want to fence only two sides of my project (just lenght and width) and not all four sides. Just a few questions:

(1) What is the size of this plot (apologies if you have already mentioned this).

(2) What is the total estimated cost for the fencing. I want to use the figure to extrapolate the two sides i want to fence

(3) was it 6 inches or 9 inches hollow block that you are using

(4) I intend to mould the blocks. What is the idea number of blocks that should come out of a bag of cement for fence.

@Spyder, please, this my question is still awaiting your response.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 2:28pm On Nov 23, 2013
NL1960:

@Spyder, please, this my question is still awaiting your response.

Plot is 30m sq on all sides (100x100)
Block type is 6" hollow
Budget is not specified, we are still calculating costs.
Target 40 blocks from 1 bag for 6" hollow for fence.

Happy weekend.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by NL1960: 8:36pm On Nov 23, 2013
spyder880:

Plot is 30m sq on all sides (100x100)
Block type is 6" hollow
Budget is not specified, we are still calculating costs.
Target 40 blocks from 1 bag for 6" hollow for fence.

Happy weekend.

Thanks
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by VIPICO(m): 5:38pm On Nov 24, 2013
Sorry guys, I have been away from class for way too long. I had a tough time trying to play catch-up. Like Fhemmy said, our good teacher should please try and find time to do us financial update on this mansion.
That cool temper of yours, Spyder, please how can I get a chunk of it? You are indeed a great person.
I will call you soon.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 6:01am On Nov 30, 2013
VIPICO: Sorry guys, I have been away from class for way too long. I had a tough time trying to play catch-up. Like Fhemmy said, our good teacher should please try and find time to do us financial update on this mansion.
That cool temper of yours, Spyder, please how can I get a chunk of it? You are indeed a great person.
I will call you soon.

Still working at the sums, meanwhile, a recent picture of the works in this house.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 9:19pm On Dec 01, 2013
Looking so nice
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by kostadinis: 10:24pm On Dec 01, 2013
Beautiful... Looks Victorian
Just imagining the new look after a very good painting
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 02, 2013
for enquiries about current price of stone coated roofing sheets and other kinds of roofing sheets, roof tips and tricks as well as roof matters.
Visit the link below
https://www.nairaland.com/1507095/how-much-roofing-sheets-nigeria

OR CALL TUNDE 07035657723 for further enquiries

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by ITbomb(m): 2:18pm On Dec 02, 2013
But Nigerians could be so sentimental, just because you believe in someone's ability and another person without proper information raises questions, instead of to address it objectively, we are abusing the questioner while shoving the integrity of ur object of worship in the questioner face.
Thank God spyder is not like the nigerian politician to be carried away by loyalists singing ur praise and fighting all opposition as he maturely addressed the issues and won himself yet another loyalist.
Good work here.

BTW, those stand-out (dunno the names) from the window, can they not pose a security risk?

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by MaxNdu: 4:21pm On Dec 02, 2013

So, will the entire class join me in saying thank you to Oga Spyder for helping us know the difference in the sizes of these trucks and the capacity of what they can truly carry.

Summary:

1. Intention to use the granite.
2. Approach a granite crushing company.
3. Make sure you are not stopped at the gate. Claim you have an appointment with the Site manager.
4. This will give you the advantage of seeing first hand the price list of the various product sizes.
5. Get their bank account details and make your payment in accord with the desired quantity.
6. Not to worry. These companies do have dedicated individual accounts for clients, such that if you are not able to carry all your products at once, you can always come for it at any other time. You can even use the balance (cash value) to buy any other size in the future.
7. You can see that i did pay for 50 tonnes of number 4 @ N 4515:00 but was only able to carry a sum total of 43.63 tonnes.
8. The cash value balance will be used to purchase Number 5 size @ N 4,300:00 per tonne in the future.
9. Negotiate / make arraignment for a truck that will carry your product.
10. At the gate , register and collect the truck's gate pass.
11. Approach the weighing bridge to ascertain the weight of your truck without the loaded products. Not the format of the weighing scale.
12. It is calibrated in Kg;
13. 1,000 kg = 1 Metric tonne.
14. Proceed to have your truck loaded and pay N 200:00 to the pay loader guy and hand in to him the gate pass as his record of what he loaded for the day.
15. The loaded truck goes back to be reweighed.
16. If you are satisfied, then the leveler will go up for a fee of N 200:00 to tidy the load so that it does not fall off the truck. the will also put a tarpaulin over it.
17. Next is to settle Local Government, Union, and other statutory fee of N 5,100:00. All are receipted.
18. If your face is the approachable type, there are other 'settlings' that may come your way.
19. Happy buying.

My brother,
Thanks very much for sharing this your first-hand experience at the quarry. Pls can you explain more about how you negotiated with the delivery truck owners as regards cost of transportation from quarry to your site. This will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by tlops(m): 7:52pm On Dec 02, 2013
The vision is clearer now, thumbs up!

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by segcymoor(m): 11:52am On Dec 04, 2013
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
We are using this medium to inform you regarding our mode of operation. Having signed and sealed contract agreement which entails scope of work to be done, mode of payment and program of work. For the benefit of our client we mobilize to site with 0 % and final payment shall be pay having completed the stage in question (note :payment shall be made stage by stage has the project progresses)

Sincerely,
Segun Tony Omotayo (principal partners/project director)
MOORE -DESIGNBUILD LTD
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by MrEverest(m): 9:47pm On Dec 04, 2013
spyder880:

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin lolllll

Calm down bro cheesy

I think I know where you got confused. Just this week, I lifted a recent picture of this mansion and placed on my old thread about the business and profitability of rental business. I did it because this mansion describes the post I was making about duplexes on that particular thread. So I added this new picture to the old post by using the modify button on this forum.

The first thread you referred to was created by me in 2011, this house was started sometimes in July this year and now completed, no confusion there. I dont do shady things, never ever!

But it would have been better if you had asked me how come the picture is there before you start talking fraud?

ITS NOT ALL NIGERIANS THAT ENGAGE IN FRAUD. LET US CHANGE THE COUNTRY BY DOING GOOD, AND WORKING HARD.

PROUDLY NIGERIAN

Thank you.

I respect your maturity Mr Spyder, aside your high competence in your career, you also have a humane character and these are very rare traits in Nigeria today.
Just imagine how this dude jumped in and attacked you aggressively over something he was not even sure of and started calling you names, many people would have lashed back at him with equal venom but you kept your cool and admonished him the way a father would admonish a juvenile. Kudos!!

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by achi4u(m): 3:02am On Dec 06, 2013
Oga spyder still praying for you and ur team workers.
Lifting those blocks and iron plus other materials is not a small work.

still learning seriously.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by jaydacorsair: 2:23pm On Dec 06, 2013
spyder880: Sure Qc_1, Brabus understands the Lagos area more and can handle the job very well. Please call him.
#

Really?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by daroseconcepts: 5:49pm On Dec 07, 2013
^^^^^ with the drama on the chataeu thread, i can understand. From your past experience with him, i can also understand.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by VIPICO(m): 9:03am On Dec 13, 2013
Last post December 7. I hope this thread stays alive to a logical conclusion. I'm still waiting for the numbers though.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 12:56pm On Dec 13, 2013
VIPICO: Last post December 7. I hope this thread stays alive to a logical conclusion. I'm still waiting for the numbers though.

The thread and the project are very much alive, we are rounding up. I am also gradually pulling out from the project as the only remaining works are the finer finishings which should be left for the sole choices of the owner. This man has taste! All camera activities are banned now. I am in this building as I type this, and..............its looking soooooooo lovely inside. I wish I live here cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by VIPICO(m): 8:00pm On Dec 13, 2013
Ok. It's the man's dough. He has the right to ban and unban (Lol). But I hope he has not also banned the numbers that we have been waiting anxiously for.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 5:29am On Dec 15, 2013
VIPICO: Ok. It's the man's dough. He has the right to ban and unban (Lol). But I hope he has not also banned the numbers that we have been waiting anxiously for.

We'll round up on expenses later.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:43pm On Dec 15, 2013
When the owner of this house first invited me to come and join in the building of this mansion, I had a fairly good idea of how the final product will look like. But I never thought it will be as beautiful as it turned out to be. It was challenging from the first day till even yesterday, but we all fought the war till the end. All glory be to God for giving us the power, we thank the landlord for giving us the opportunity to serve, and for being very supportive through the ups and downs of this project. As this project is coming to an end, we want to thank everybody.

We thank all the members of my team both the inner and fringe members who worked tirelessly to make this possible, we thank the community of people we met here, we thank the suppliers and contractors who helped us arrange everything. And finally I thank you all of you for being here for us. I will mention names later but una sabi unaselves sha grin May God bless all of you. We will continue to post here but this is to officially bring all updates on this thread to an end. I am bringing the costs together and will reveal a rough final figure for everything.

Lets do this again in another site, we are always ready to serve. cheesy cool

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by achi4u(m): 10:52pm On Dec 15, 2013
To God Be The Glory.

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (87) (Reply)

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.