Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,068 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah (6606 Views)

Baba God Says There Is Somebody That Will Be Overtaken - Pastor Adeboye / Pope Francis Stepping Down, Says ‘there Is No God’ / Only A Fool Says There Is No God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

Can you not see the made up story in making Jews children of Hagar(bond woman) and believers children of Sarah(free woman). What the irk!!!
THATS NOT A MADE UP STORY. THATS WHAT HAPPENING TODAY. JUST IN CASE YOU DONT KNOW, THE JEWS IN ISRAEL ARE NOT THE BIBLICAL JEWS. THE BIBLICAL JEWS ARE IN BONDAGE UNDER THE LAWS WHEREAS THEY WERE BORN WITHOUT LAWS ( WITHOUT THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL ). I SUGGEST YOU READ THAT VERSE WELL AND PONDER ON IT.

1 Like

Re: The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jun 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

That is a shallow and misleading definition, when allegory can also be -1 a representation of an abstract or spiritual meaning through concrete or material forms; figurative treatment of one subject under the guise of another.

Nonsense.
BRAH ? THERE IS NO MAN CALLED ABRAHAM OR A WOMAN CALLED SARAH OR HAGAR. YOU WILL HAVE TO COME TO THAT REALIZATION EITHER NOW OR LATER. THE BIBLE IS NOT THE FAMILY TREE OF A PARTICULAR FAMILY. SOONER OR LATER YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO STOP SCOFFING AND START PEELING BACK THE LAYERS OF THE BIBLE. I AM HERE TO GUIDE YOU. BUT SOONER OR LATER IF THE LORD PUTS THAT SPIRIT IN YOU, YOU WILL TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL wink wink

2 Likes

Re: The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah by shdemidemi(m): 12:59pm On Jun 26, 2013
obadiah777: THATS NOT A MADE UP STORY. THATS WHAT HAPPENING TODAY. JUST IN CASE YOU DONT KNOW, THE JEWS IN ISRAEL ARE NOT THE BIBLICAL JEWS. THE BIBLICAL JEWS ARE IN BONDAGE UNDER THE LAWS WHEREAS THEY WERE BORN WITHOUT LAWS ( WITHOUT THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL ). I SUGGEST YOU READ THAT VERSE WELL AND PONDER ON IT.

What you are saying is not the issue here.... The apostle was sent to the Gentiles by Christ (a gentile is anyone that isn't Jew) , he was preaching the gospel of grace to the believers. A gospel that made Gentiles aware that THE JEWISH ORDER WAS GONE.
Re: The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah by shdemidemi(m): 1:01pm On Jun 26, 2013
There is no point telling you these things since you are completely hell bent on thinking everything is simply a mystery that can be decoded by you.
Re: The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

What you are saying is not the issue here.... The apostle was sent to the Gentiles by Christ (a gentile is anyone that isn't Jew) , he was preaching the gospel of grace to the believers. A gospel that made Gentiles aware that THE JEWISH ORDER WAS GONE.
FIRST OF ALL THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS THE GOSPEL OF GRACE. I SUGGEST YOU GO INTO THE DICTIONARY AND CHECK THE MEANING OF THAT WORD GRACE. GRACE MEANS TO DO SOMEONE A FAVOR. GRACE IS A ONE TIME THING AND NOT A CONTINUOUS THING. GRACE IS A ONE TIME FORGIVENESS OF SIN FOR THE ELECT SO THAT THEY CAN BE SEALED. YOU CANT GET SEALED IF YOU STILL HAVE SINS YOU NEED TO PAY FOR. SO THE ELECT HAD THEIR SINS FORGIVEN ( GRACE ) SO THAT THEY CAN BE SEALED. GRACE IS A ONE TIME DEAL AND IT WAS FOR THE ELECT. NO SUCH THING AS THE GOSPEL OF GRACE. WHERE DID YOU GET THAT FROM ? tongue

1 Like

Re: The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah by shdemidemi(m): 1:40pm On Jun 26, 2013
7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Do you agree Christ died for my sins too from the above verses?
Re: The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 26, 2013
shdemidemi: There is no point telling you these things since you are completely hell bent on thinking everything is simply a mystery that can be decoded by you.
THIS IS A MYSTERY TO BE DECODED BY WHOM THE LORD WANTS. THIS AINT GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH ME. I AM SIMPLY HERE TO TELL YOU THAT THE SEAL ON THE BIBLE HAS BEEN BROKEN. THERE WAS A SEAL ON IT BEFORE. IT IS BROKEN NOW. SEE WHEN IT SAYS IN THE LAST DAYS KNOWLEDGE WILL BE INCREASED ? DANIEL 12 VS 4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. <<<< SEE THAT VERSE ? INITIALLY I THOUGHT THE KNOWLEDGE INCREASE WAS WHAT WE ARE SEEING TODAY. PEOPLE HAVE IPODS IPHONES LAPTOPS IPADS THE-INTERNET ETC ETC. THIS IS WHAT I THOUGHT THAT VERSE WAS REFERING TO UNTIL I READ THIS VERSE >>>> 1 CORINTHIANS 3 VS 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. <<< SEE THE WISDOM OF THIS WORLD IS FOOLISHNESS TO THE LORD SO IN THAT DANIEL 12 VS 4 VERSE THE KNOWLEDGE THAT WOULD INCREASE WOULD BE THE KNOWLEDGE OF UNDERSTANDING OF SCRIPTURES. THE SEAL IS BROKEN. THATS WHAT I AM HERE TO TELL YA. THE QUESTION IS ARE YOU RECEPTIVE TO THE KNOWLEDGE THAT HAS BEEN UNSEALED ? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 26, 2013
shdemidemi: 7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Do you agree Christ died for my sins too from the above verses?
WE ARE BACK TO SQUARE ONE. BROS ? THE BIBLE IS THE OLD TESTAMENT. THE NEW TESTAMENT IS NOT THE BIBLE. THE NEW TESTAMENT IS AN ACCOUNT OF WHAT THE ELECT HAD TO DO ( GET GRACE-GET SEALED-TAUGHT HOW TO ACT WITH THEIR NEW FOUND FREEDOM-RALLIED TO GO ALL OVER THE WORLD TO BRING THE UNITE THE GENTILES WITH JEWS UNDER THE LAW-AND AN ACCOUNT OF THEIR JOURNEYS )TO UNITE THE GENTILES BACK TO GOD UNDER THE LAW. I REPEAT, THE NEW TESTAMENT IS NOT THE BIBLE. THE BIBLE IS THE OLD TESTAMENT. THE NEW TESTAMENT IS A TALE OF HOW THE GENTILES GOT PUT INTO THE OLD TESTAMENT.
Re: The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah by shdemidemi(m): 1:45pm On Jun 26, 2013
Save the sermon, I asked a question that I need you to address. Thanks
Re: The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah by shdemidemi(m): 1:46pm On Jun 26, 2013
obadiah777: WE ARE BACK TO SQUARE ONE. BROS ? [b]THE BIBLE IS THE OLD TESTAMENT. THE NEW TESTAMENT IS NOT THE BIBLE. T[[color=#990000][/color]/b]HE NEW TESTAMENT IS AN ACCOUNT OF WHAT THE ELECT HAD TO DO ( GET GRACE-GET SEALED-TAUGHT HOW TO ACT WITH THEIR NEW FOUND FREEDOM-RALLIED TO GO ALL OVER THE WORLD TO BRING THE UNITE THE GENTILES WITH JEWS UNDER THE LAW-AND AN ACCOUNT OF THEIR JOURNEYS )TO UNITE THE GENTILES BACK TO GOD UNDER THE LAW. I REPEAT, THE NEW TESTAMENT IS NOT THE BIBLE. THE BIBLE IS THE OLD TESTAMENT. THE NEW TESTAMENT IS A TALE OF HOW THE GENTILES GOT PUT INTO THE OLD TESTAMENT.

You are a joke, I am out of here.
Re: The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 26, 2013
shdemidemi: Save the sermon, I asked a question that I need you to address. Thanks
WHAT WAS THE QUESTION AGAIN ? LOL
Re: The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

YEAH AND DONT COME BACK AGAIN NEITHER angry grin

1 Like

Re: The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 26, 2013
Obadiah!!! You again!
Re: The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 26, 2013
Reyginus: Obadiah!!! You again!
YEZUR, FIELD MARSHALL REYGIE grin grin
Re: The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah by FortresOfChrist(f): 6:36pm On Jun 26, 2013
You still haven't got a strong reason to say Abraham did not exist. It's like saying you yourself don't exist but it's recorded you have two wives. Each wife representing a kind of covenant. Will that also mean the children you have by these two women don't also exist?

Matthew 1:1-3

1 Like

Re: The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 26, 2013
FortresOfChrist: You still haven't got a strong reason to say Abraham did not exist. It's like saying you yourself don't exist but it's recorded you have two wives. Each wife representing a kind of covenant. Will that also mean the children you have by these two women don't also exist?

MY STRONG REASON IS THE BIBLE TELLING YOU IT IS AN ALLEGORY. WHAT ELSE YOU NEED ? CHRIST TO COME DOWN AND TELL YOU HISSELF ? SMDH YOU STIFF NECKED AND REBELLIOUS SCOFFER grin
SO WOULD YOU ALSO SAY THAT CANAAN IS THE SON OF HAM AND WHY WAS CANAAN CURSED WHEN HAM WAS THE ONE WHO SUPPOSEDLY SAW NOAHS N-AKEDNESS ? CAN YOU ANSWER THAT ? CAN YOU ALSO ANSWER WHY ISRAEL NEVER HAD A KING NAMED JOB BUT YET JOB SAID HE HAS LOST HIS CROWN ? JOB 19 VS 9 He hath stripped me of my glory, and taken the crown from my head

THE MORE YOU SEE, THE LESS YOU KNOW TILL YOU SUCCUMB TO SOUND DOCTRINE

1 Like

Re: The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah by FortresOfChrist(f): 11:09pm On Jun 26, 2013
obadiah777: MY STRONG REASON IS THE BIBLE TELLING YOU IT IS AN ALLEGORY. WHAT ELSE YOU NEED ? CHRIST TO COME DOWN AND TELL YOU HISSELF ? SMDH YOU STIFF NECKED AND REBELLIOUS SCOFFER grin
SO WOULD YOU ALSO SAY THAT CANAAN IS THE SON OF HAM AND WHY WAS CANAAN CURSED WHEN HAM WAS THE ONE WHO SUPPOSEDLY SAW NOAHS N-AKEDNESS ? CAN YOU ANSWER THAT ? CAN YOU ALSO ANSWER WHY ISRAEL NEVER HAD A KING NAMED JOB BUT YET JOB SAID HE HAS LOST HIS CROWN ? JOB 19 VS 9 He hath stripped me of my glory, and taken the crown from my head

THE MORE YOU SEE, THE LESS YOU KNOW TILL YOU SUCCUMB TO SOUND DOCTRINE

It is you that is scoffing the word of the LORD our Fortress. First, your title is misleading and unbiblical and yet you claim the bible says there's no such person named Abraham, Sarah and Hagar. I don't think you understand English language to handle the word of the LORD fortress. Look at it this way, you read but you don't understand and claims the bible says so, no you are the one saying what you don't understand.

Amplified Bible (AMP)

1 The book of the ancestry (genealogy) of Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed), the son (descendant) of David, the son (descendant) of Abraham.

2 Abraham was the father of Isaac, Isaac the father of Jacob, Jacob the father of Judah and his brothers,

You read above the the LORD our fortress descended from Abraham (the one you just said did not exist). Also, Abraham was the father of Isaac. Can someone who doesn't exist have a descendant and be a father to another, Isaac?

What you read but don't understand is this, is it the persons or people that are allegoric or the explanation that was drawn from the people? Which one? When I'm teaching my children mathematics and I want to teach then addition. I first need something to represent 1 and another thing to represent another one then I can show them visibly that this 1 plus this one is equal 2. It must therefore mean my representation must visibly be seen for my kids to understand. The same is the APostle doing: He was using the things related to the Jews to explain the truth to them. Abraham is the father of the Jews by nationals and father of them that of faith by the seed of LORD our fortress.

Apostle uses the existing Abraham and his two wives just like I would use an existing object to teach my kids addition to explain the truth of the new covenant. It is the explanation that is 'being taken as' an allegory not the existing people for there must be an an existing person in order to draw a figurative representation. You are taking the people as allegory but it is the explanation from the existing people (Abraham, Sarah and Hagar) that is being taking as an allegory. Many other translations explains it better:

Galatians 4:24
Amplified Bible (AMP)

24 Now all this is an allegory; these [two women] represent two covenants. One covenant originated from Mount Sinai [where the Law was given] and bears [children destined] for slavery; this is Hagar.

New International Version (©2011)
These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar.

New Living Translation (©2007)
These two women serve as an illustration of God's two covenants. The first woman, Hagar, represents Mount Sinai where people received the law that enslaved them.

English Standard Version (©2001)
Now this may be interpreted allegorically: these women are two covenants. One is from Mount Sinai, bearing children for slavery; she is Hagar.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
This is allegorically speaking, for these women are two covenants: one proceeding from Mount Sinai bearing children who are to be slaves; she is Hagar.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
These things are illustrations, for the women represent the two covenants. One is from Mount Sinai and bears children into slavery--this is Hagar.

International Standard Version (©2012)
This is being said as an allegory, for these women represent two covenants. The one woman, Hagar, is from Mount Sinai, and her children are born into slavery.

NET Bible (©2006)
These things may be treated as an allegory, for these women represent two covenants. One is from Mount Sinai bearing children for slavery; this is Hagar.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
But these are illustrations of the two Covenants, the one that is from Mount Sinai begets to bondage, which is Hagar.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
I'm going to use these historical events as an illustration. The women illustrate two arrangements. The one woman, Hagar, is the arrangement made on Mount Sinai. Her children are born into slavery.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from mount Sinai, which brings forth to bondage, which is Hagar.

American King James Version
Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which engenders to bondage, which is Agar.

American Standard Version
Which things contain an allegory: for these women are two covenants; one from mount Sinai, bearing children unto bondage, which is Hagar.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Which things are said by an allegory. For these are the two testaments. The one from mount Sina, engendering unto bondage; which is Agar:

Darby Bible Translation
Which things have an allegorical sense; for these are two covenants: one from mount Sinai, gendering to bondage, which is Hagar.

English Revised Version
Which things contain an allegory: for these women are two covenants; one from mount Sinai, bearing children unto bondage, which is Hagar.

Webster's Bible Translation
Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

Weymouth New Testament
All this is allegorical; for the women represent two Covenants. One has its origin on Mount Sinai, and bears children destined for slavery.

World English Bible
These things contain an allegory, for these are two covenants. One is from Mount Sinai, bearing children to bondage, which is Hagar.

Young's Literal Translation
which things are allegorized, for these are the two covenants: one, indeed, from mount Sinai, to servitude bringing forth, which is Hagar;

That's the truth for you!

2 Likes

Re: The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah by Nobody: 1:14am On Jun 27, 2013
FortresOfChrist:

It is you that is scoffing the word of the LORD our Fortress. First, your title is misleading and unbiblical and yet you claim the bible says there's no such person named Abraham, Sarah and Hagar. I don't think you understand English language to handle the word of the LORD fortress. Look at it this way, you read but you don't understand and claims the bible says so, no you are the one saying what you don't understand.

Amplified Bible (AMP)

1 The book of the ancestry (genealogy) of Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed), the son (descendant) of David, the son (descendant) of Abraham.

2 Abraham was the father of Isaac, Isaac the father of Jacob, Jacob the father of Judah and his brothers,

You read above the the LORD our fortress descended from Abraham (the one you just said did not exist). Also, Abraham was the father of Isaac. Can someone who doesn't exist have a descendant and be a father to another, Isaac?

What you read but don't understand is this, is it the persons or people that are allegoric or the explanation that was drawn from the people? Which one? When I'm teaching my children mathematics and I want to teach then addition. I first need something to represent 1 and another thing to represent another one then I can show them visibly that this 1 plus this one is equal 2. It must therefore mean my representation must visibly be seen for my kids to understand. The same is the APostle doing: He was using the things related to the Jews to explain the truth to them. Abraham is the father of the Jews by nationals and father of them that of faith by the seed of LORD our fortress.

Apostle uses the existing Abraham and his two wives just like I would use an existing object to teach my kids addition to explain the truth of the new covenant. It is the explanation that is 'being taken as' an allegory not the existing people for there must be an an existing person in order to draw a figurative representation. You are taking the people as allegory but it is the explanation from the existing people (Abraham, Sarah and Hagar) that is being taking as an allegory. Many other translations explains it better:

Galatians 4:24
Amplified Bible (AMP)

24 Now all this is an allegory; these [two women] represent two covenants. One covenant originated from Mount Sinai [where the Law was given] and bears [children destined] for slavery; this is Hagar.

New International Version (©2011)
These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar.

New Living Translation (©2007)
These two women serve as an illustration of God's two covenants. The first woman, Hagar, represents Mount Sinai where people received the law that enslaved them.

English Standard Version (©2001)
Now this may be interpreted allegorically: these women are two covenants. One is from Mount Sinai, bearing children for slavery; she is Hagar.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
This is allegorically speaking, for these women are two covenants: one proceeding from Mount Sinai bearing children who are to be slaves; she is Hagar.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
These things are illustrations, for the women represent the two covenants. One is from Mount Sinai and bears children into slavery--this is Hagar.

International Standard Version (©2012)
This is being said as an allegory, for these women represent two covenants. The one woman, Hagar, is from Mount Sinai, and her children are born into slavery.

NET Bible (©2006)
These things may be treated as an allegory, for these women represent two covenants. One is from Mount Sinai bearing children for slavery; this is Hagar.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
But these are illustrations of the two Covenants, the one that is from Mount Sinai begets to bondage, which is Hagar.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
I'm going to use these historical events as an illustration. The women illustrate two arrangements. The one woman, Hagar, is the arrangement made on Mount Sinai. Her children are born into slavery.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from mount Sinai, which brings forth to bondage, which is Hagar.

American King James Version
Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which engenders to bondage, which is Agar.

American Standard Version

Douay-Rheims Bible
Which things are said by an allegory. For these are the two testaments. The one from mount Sina, engendering unto bondage; which is Agar:

Darby Bible Translation
Which things have an allegorical sense; for these are two covenants: one from mount Sinai, gendering to bondage, which is Hagar.

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation

Weymouth New Testament
All this is allegorical; for the women represent two Covenants. One has its origin on Mount Sinai, and bears children destined for slavery.

World English Bible
These things contain an allegory, for these are two covenants. One is from Mount Sinai, bearing children to bondage, which is Hagar.

Young's Literal Translation
which things are allegorized, for these are the two covenants: one, indeed, from mount Sinai, to servitude bringing forth, which is Hagar;

That's the truth for you!
I MADE THIS THREAD JUST FOR YOU. I SUGGEST YOU STUDY IT https://www.nairaland.com/1338544/not-here-drive-mad
Re: The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah by Image123(m): 3:52am On Jun 27, 2013
shdemidemi:

This gave me a long and hard laugh, hoping not to wake anyone. cheesy The new testament is not the Bible, but the Bible says there is no person named Abraham! As in, folks don't read/try that at home stuff.
Re: The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah by busoye19: 9:07am On Jun 30, 2013
obadiah777: BRAH ? THERE IS NO MAN CALLED ABRAHAM OR A WOMAN CALLED SARAH OR HAGAR. YOU WILL HAVE TO COME TO THAT REALIZATION EITHER NOW OR LATER. THE BIBLE IS NOT THE FAMILY TREE OF A PARTICULAR FAMILY. SOONER OR LATER YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO STOP SCOFFING AND START PEELING BACK THE LAYERS OF THE BIBLE. I AM HERE TO GUIDE YOU. BUT SOONER OR LATER IF THE LORD PUTS THAT SPIRIT IN YOU, YOU WILL TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL wink wink

I don't understand you Bro. You said the man Abraham does not exist
What about those things recorded about Abraham in the scripture. Are they all allegory??
-The rescue of LOT. Gen 13-14
-The meeting Melchizedek - Priest of God Most High
- Abraham's intercession for Sodom. Gen 18
I need answer.

2 Likes

Re: The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 30, 2013
busoye19:

I don't understand you Bro. You said the man Abraham does not exist
What about those things recorded about Abraham in the scripture. Are they all allegory??
-The rescue of LOT. Gen 13-14
-The meeting Melchizedek - Priest of God Most High
- Abraham's intercession for Sodom. Gen 18
I need answer.
ALL ALLEGORIES SIRE wink
Re: The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah by flourishG(m): 12:46pm On Jun 30, 2013
obadiah777: ALL ALLEGORIES SIRE wink
nonsense angry
Re: The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah by busoye19: 1:11pm On Jun 30, 2013
obadiah777: ALL ALLEGORIES SIRE wink

Explanation sir?? What's ur interpretation of Sodom and Gomorrah.
The Rescue of lot.
Who's Melchizedek

Also Mathew 1:1-2

The book of the ancestry (genealogy) of Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed), the son (descendant) of David, the son (descendant) of Abraham.

Re: The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 30, 2013
flourishG: nonsense angry
INDEED SIRE grin YOU ARE NONSENSICAL SIRE grin grin
Re: The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 30, 2013
busoye19:

Explanation sir?? What's ur interpretation of Sodom and Gomorrah.
The Rescue of lot.
Who's Melchizedek

Also Mathew 1:1-2

The book of the ancestry (genealogy) of Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed), the son (descendant) of David, the son (descendant) of Abraham.

NOT READ THOSE STORIES IN A WHILE. WHEN I DO I WILL ANSWER, HOWEVER KEEP IN MIND HAM IS THE FATHER OF CANAAN PHUT CUSH AND MIZRAIM BUT HAM IS A LANDMASS HENCE ITS ANOTHER WAY OF SAYING OUT OF THE LAND MASS CALLED HAM CAME SO SO SO AND SO. ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF SUCH WORD USAGE >>>> GALATIANS 4 VS 26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all <<< JERUSALEM THE MOTHER ? . THE POINT IS DONT GET CAUGHT UP WHEN IT SAYS SOMEONE IS THE FATHER OR MOTHER. FATHER OR MOTHER IS NOT NECESSARILY HUMAN BEINGS AS USED IN THE BIBLE.

LET ME SAY THAT AS ONE WHO IS INTO PROPHESIES THERE ARE CERTAIN BOOKS IN THE BIBLE OF LITTLE RELEVANCE TO ME. BOOKS LIKE EXODUS, NUMBERS, SAMUEL, CHRONICLES, KINGS. I READ GENESIS CHAPTER 1-11, THEN I JUMP TO DEUTERONOMY CHAPTER 28 AND THEN I JUMP TO JOB AND THEN I READ JOB ALL THE WAY DOWN TO REVELATION. AS SUCH ALL THOSE STORIES I HAVE NOT READ IN A WHILE wink
Re: The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah by dougivilla(m): 10:05pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi: There is no point telling you these things since you are completely hell bent on thinking everything is simply a mystery that can be decoded by you.
Except heaven-on-earth that is as it is literarilly explained, Everything else is symbolic for the dude and his disciple!
Re: The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah by dougivilla(m): 10:34pm On Jun 30, 2013
FortresOfChrist:

That Abraham had two sons. How can someone, Abraham who didn't exist had two sons? Can two women (Sarah & Hagar) who did not exist have two children also?
Abraham was a nation, his two sons nations and all their sons' sons nations!

Maybe Sarah, Hagar, Rebecca, eve, leah, Rachael, esther, Ruth, Naomi and all other females were states or local governments within obadiah777 created nations! Or how else did did nation Abraham beget Isacc with Sarah as wife?

3 Likes

Re: The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah by shdemidemi(m): 10:55pm On Jun 30, 2013
dougivilla: Abraham was a nation, his two sons nations and all their sons' sons nations!

Maybe Sarah, Hagar, Rebecca, eve, leah, Rachael, esther, Ruth, Naomi and all other females were states or local governments within obadiah777 created nations! Or how else did did nation Abraham beget Isacc with Sarah as wife?

this cracked me up real bad...haven't laughed this hard in a while.

you have killed me here grin
Re: The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah by flourishG(m): 10:59pm On Jun 30, 2013
This obadiah dude must b deluded!
Re: The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah by rezzy: 11:45pm On Jun 30, 2013
Even this earth does not exist, all is fiction and allegory. God is still experimenting.

This Obadiah of a guy wont kill me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Describe Tunde Bakare In Two Words / Sister Linder's Confession About Heaven And Fake Pastors True Or False? / Falling Under The Anointing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.