Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Polytheists Vs Trinity - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Polytheists Vs Trinity (10294 Views)

More Trouble For Polytheists Trinitarians!!! / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 4:14pm On Aug 09, 2013
Boomark:

elohim translates to great, mighty and god. Its better that way.
That one is called mighty/great does not mean that one is a judge. You have to first identify "who".

We now found out that these things were referring to judges/magistrates and they are also called gods. If they were called mighty, great etc no problem. Why then will have problems when God called them gods? Even when you say gods=judges, then there are people who are INDEED called gods, 1Cor 8:5, cos God also called them gods and Jesus confirmed it. Or don't you like the word he chosed?

God committed all judgement to Jesus and he is called a mighty God. I believe he is a mighty judge who will judge all nations.

If you are honest, show me the PERSON that is called THE ONLY TRUE GOD, we shall then know that all other gods are either judges or false gods. Simple. THE BOLDED ID VERY IMPORTANT.

hahaahaha some bible translate it as Judges... its the translation... elohim is said or pronounce as elohim, mighty is pronounce as elohim so its same thing... the translator can put anything that fits the context.

before we go further... the Baal god you and Jman talk about which the bible didnt address as idol is not a god according to the bible... see the verse below

Judges 6:31
But Joash said to all who stood against him, "Will you contend for Baal, or will you deliver him? Whoever will plead for him shall be put to death by morning. If he is a god, let him contend for himself, because someone has torn down his altar."

next i will show you verse elohim is translated as judge
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 4:18pm On Aug 09, 2013
"The first time the word "God" is mentioned in Scripture (Genesis 1:1), it is translated from the Hebrew ELOHIM. This word, which appears 2250 times in the Old Testament, is translated "God" when used in reference to the one true God[1], but it is also translated "god" when used in reference to a false god (Exodus 22:20; Deuteronomy 32:39) or "gods" when referring to a multiplicity of false deities[2], "god" or "gods" in reference to human beings (Exodus 7:1; Psalms 82:6), "angels," (Psalm 8:5) "judges," (Exodus 21:6; 22:8-9) "mighty," in reference to a human prince (Genesis 23:6) and to thunder (Exodus 9:28), and "great,": in reference to Rachel's competition with her sister [Genesis 30:8].

1. In the first five books of the Bible, ELOHIM is used 682 times. In hundreds of these references, it is to the one true God of Israel.

2. Genesis 31:30, 32; 35:2, 4; Exodus 12:12; 18:11; 20:3, 23; 22:28; 23:13, 24, 32-33; 32:1, 4, 8, 23, 31, 34:15-17; Leviticus 19:4; Numbers 25:2; 33:4; Deuteronomy 4:28; 5:7; 6:14; 7:4, 16, 25; 8:19; 10:17; 11:16, 28; 12:2-3, 30, 31; 13:2, 6-7, 13; 17:3; 18:20; 20:18; 28:14, 36, 64; 29:18, 26; 30:17; 31:16, 18, 20; 32:17, 37."
SOURCE: http://www.altupc.com/altupc/articles/elohimpl.htm

Even Trinitarians Believe!

"Elohim Is Used Of False Gods

Elohim is used not only for the true God but also for false gods.

Do not make any gods to be alongside me; do not make for yourselves gods of silver or gods of gold (Exodus 20:23).

The Term Is Also Used Of Angels

The term Elohim is also used of angels.

You made humanity little lower than the heavenly beings [Elohim] (Psalm 8:6)

There Are Instances Of Elohim Referring To Human Beings

On some occasions, Elohim refers to human beings.

I said, ‘You are "gods" [Elohim] you are all sons of the Most High' (Psalm 82:6)."
SOURCE: http://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/don_stewart/stewart.cfm?id=1303

1 Like

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 4:28pm On Aug 09, 2013
Exodus 22:8
King James Bible
If the thief be not found, then the master of the house shall be brought unto the judges, to see whether he have put his hand unto his neighbour's goods.

you can check the interlinear and see that it is translated judges...

you shouldn't be arguing... you people say YHWH doesn't mean other gods dont exist when he says there are no other God... instead you keep stating that he means the idols and not gods like Baal, zeus etc... now i have shown you are verse that says Baal is not even a god.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Boomark(m): 5:22pm On Aug 10, 2013
Good work Frank.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Itsfacts: 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2013
Boomark: Good work Frank.

^^ frank has debunked you and you are saying Good work? cheesy
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Boomark(m): 5:58pm On Aug 10, 2013
How? Show me from his post and tell me what you think i have been saying.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Itsfacts: 6:55pm On Aug 10, 2013
Boomark: How? Show me from his post and tell me what you think i have been saying.

Your friend jman acknowledge Exodus 7:1 as god or like god... man was not called god but was acting as god just like benalvino explained. man is adam and the bible use adam to translate humans, mankind, man etc. psalm 82:6 the gods are judges like you have been shown in another verse elohim is translated judges. now elohim is also used to translate supernatural beings like the angels or it is used to translate godlike too. in Psalm 8:5 it is translated gods, as you can see it can be used to translate many things even mighty etc. haven said this. the bible teaches in the sense of God like God there is no other, only one.

it went on saying men are not gods only in context you can understand what is going on. frank and benalvino have given you the gist that elohim can be magistrates, judges, and rulers.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Boomark(m): 8:58pm On Aug 10, 2013
Itsfacts:

Your friend jman acknowledge Exodus 7:1 as god or like god... man was not called god but was acting as god just like benalvino explained. man is adam and the bible use adam to translate humans, mankind, man etc. psalm 82:6 the gods are judges like you have been shown in another verse elohim is translated judges. now elohim is also used to translate supernatural beings like the angels or it is used to translate godlike too. in Psalm 8:5 it is translated gods, as you can see it can be used to translate many things even mighty etc. haven said this. the bible teaches in the sense of God like God there is no other, only one.

it went on saying men are not gods only in context you can understand what is going on. frank and benalvino have given you the gist that elohim can be magistrates, judges, and rulers.

I just wanted to see where frank debunked me but you didn't show me. See excerpt from his post. The fact still remains that the judges were called gods. Unless you want to delete the word "god"?

Elohim is used not only for the true
God but also for false gods.
Do not make any gods to be
alongside me; do not make for
yourselves gods of silver or gods of
gold (Exodus 20:23).

The term Elohim is also used of
angels.
You made humanity little lower
than the heavenly beings [Elohim]
(Psalm 8:6)

There Are Instances Of Elohim
Referring To Human Beings
On some occasions, Elohim refers to
human beings.

I said, ‘You are "gods" [Elohim] you
are all sons of the Most
High' (Psalm 82:6)."
SOURCE: http://
www.blueletterbible.org/faq/don_
stewart/stewart.cfm?id=1303

I remember i asked you to show me who the only true God is but you guys refused because once you reveal Him you will no longer have any say.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Itsfacts: 9:37pm On Aug 10, 2013
Boomark:

I just wanted to see where frank debunked me but you didn't show me. See excerpt from his post. The fact still remains that the judges were called gods. Unless you want to delete the word "god"?

Elohim is used not only for the true
God but also for false gods.
Do not make any gods to be
alongside me; do not make for
yourselves gods of silver or gods of
gold (Exodus 20:23).

The term Elohim is also used of
angels.
You made humanity little lower
than the heavenly beings [Elohim]
(Psalm 8:6)

There Are Instances Of Elohim
Referring To Human Beings
On some occasions, Elohim refers to
human beings.

I said, ‘You are "gods" [Elohim] you
are all sons of the Most
High' (Psalm 82:6)."
SOURCE: http://
www.blueletterbible.org/faq/don_
stewart/stewart.cfm?id=1303

I remember i asked you to show me who the only true God is but you guys refused because once you reveal Him you will no longer have any say.

so let me get it straight, you are saying we human beings are god? like benalvino asked what are we god over then?
you can build a boat and call it a car, despite using the word car to describe the boat the truth still stands that board is not a car.

going up there is a lot of questions you refuse to address or admit to for the betterment of this discussion. Jesus told a man, a ruler "you are not a elohim you are just adam" if elohim is used to describe words like great or mighty why should we take judges or magistrate to be God in real sense God?

can judges who are fraud be gods and people who are not fraud not be god? i mean peter, Paul, Thomas, Abraham?
when YAHWEH say there are no other God or gods he said there are no other elohim.

I see you are shocked to find out the bible teaches that Baal is not a god because from what is being posted by you people which states "We Yahweh says there are no other gods he means the idols" and then you still say the idols are God even when Yahweh says they are just wood.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Boomark(m): 7:57am On Aug 11, 2013
Itsfacts:

so let me get it straight, you are saying we human beings are god? like benalvino asked what are we god over then?
you can build a boat and call it a car, despite using the word car to describe the boat the truth still stands that board is not a car.

going up there is a lot of questions you refuse to address or admit to for the betterment of this discussion. Jesus told a man, a ruler "you are not a elohim you are just adam" if elohim is used to describe words like great or mighty why should we take judges or magistrate to be God in real sense God?

can judges who are fraud be gods and people who are not fraud not be god? i mean peter, Paul, Thomas, Abraham?
when YAHWEH say there are no other God or gods he said there are no other elohim.

I see you are shocked to find out the bible teaches that Baal is not a god because from what is being posted by you people which states "We Yahweh says there are no other gods he means the idols" and then you still say the idols are God even when Yahweh says they are just wood.

You asked, "can judges who are fraud be gods?" but you did not ask yourself, why would they(fraudsters) be called children of the Most High? Use a holistic approach. Baal is a false god, a so called god. But i did not accept the making of those who are indeed gods, "false."

They are not gods to be worshipped the way we worship the only true God. They are gods cos they are children of God and they received power and authority from God who is the source of Godhead, to execute judgement over others. That is how they are gods over the rest. I don't know much about those who are not children of God.

The children of God, ie those who are in Christ are gods. We are gods over demons cos we were give powers and authority over them by God through Christ. We have the fullness of Godhead(God's nature/qualities) in us through Christ, Col 2:9-10. We(gods) do not worship any other god apart from the only true God(He recognised non) and no one worship us.

I ask again "who is the person called the only True God"?
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 3:13pm On Aug 12, 2013
Well, it seems that you would know Who the only true Mighty One is by now, and you should know by now that we believe it is FATHER Yahweh and not His SON Yahshua. FATHER Yahweh is the only true Mighty One all other so-called "Gods" are false or no gods meaning that they have no power (authority), strength, might or receive their power from Yahweh Almighty. This is in agereement with what you said as follows:

"They are not gods to be worshipped the way we worship the only true God. They are gods cos they are children of God and they received power and authority from God who is the source of Godhead, to execute judgement over others."

This fits exactly with what I have been conveying concering FATHER Yahweh's SON Yahshua, since he is not "the only true Mighty One ['God']" and is not to be worshipped as such. Yahshua is a child (SON) of FATHER Yahweh who has received power (authority) from FATHER Yahweh.

ELOHIM: ONE, OR MORE THAN ONE?
Exodus 32

http://frank4yahweh.xanga.com/761316151/elohim-one-or-more-than-one
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 9:58pm On Aug 12, 2013
Frank4YAHWEH: Well, it seems that you would know Who the only true Mighty One is by now, and you should know by now that we believe it is FATHER Yahweh and not His SON Yahshua. FATHER Yahweh is the only true Mighty One all other so-called "Gods" are false or no gods meaning that they have no power (authority), strength, might or receive their power from Yahweh Almighty. This is in agereement with what you said as follows:

"They are not gods to be worshipped the way we worship the only true God. They are gods cos they are children of God and they received power and authority from God who is the source of Godhead, to execute judgement over others."

This fits exactly with what I have been conveying concering FATHER Yahweh's SON Yahshua, since he is not "the only true Mighty One ['God']" and is not to be worshipped as such. Yahshua is a child (SON) of FATHER Yahweh who has received power (authority) from FATHER Yahweh.

ELOHIM: ONE, OR MORE THAN ONE?
Exodus 32

http://frank4yahweh.xanga.com/761316151/elohim-one-or-more-than-one

Hebrews 1:3
3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 7:01am On Aug 14, 2013
benalvino:

Hebrews 1:3
3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

Yes, FATHER Yahweh GAVE His SON ALL power (authority) in heaven and in the earth and FATHER Yahweh's word that He communicated to His SON on earth sure is powerful! smiley This is just another single verse of Scripture that proves the "Jesus IS God!" doctrine to be false! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Alfaseltzer- I Have Put On The Whole Weapon For War. Am Ready For War. / Is Jesus God? / Does Praying For The Dead Really Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.