Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Polytheists Vs Trinity - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Polytheists Vs Trinity (10295 Views)

More Trouble For Polytheists Trinitarians!!! / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 9:45am On Jun 28, 2013
benalvino:

Why will I call the angels God? Are you saying if I see wood person cave I will call it god?

My point is clear bible teach that GOD is a nature... Jesus is in that same nature stated by the bible and that is not the case for other gods... Theirs is title which means they are not really God and you know why? Cause men makes them god. Give me one verse that says anything apart from Jesus is God by nature just one...

You always deny that Jesus was worshipped now you are accepting it just so you can't accept that David was worshipped just so you can try to say it is okay for other people to receive worship... Is that what the bible teach?

The other time you try to say worship means something else then you said there R exclusive worship to Jehovah only. Thing is worship is worship and Jehovah says worship no one else.

What if I tell you that your religion disagree with you that David was worshipped as you claim?

I agree Jesus was worshipped just as david was.....the sense of worship is what is in question here......

Do the persons who worshipped david and Jesus see david and Jesus as there GOD??.......

Didn't the elders know that the one sitted on the throne(GOD) is different from the Lamb??.........

Isn't it clear that the elders know Jesus is not there GOD??........

And I have told you a million times that the angels are refered to as God(s) by virtue of there nature and not because poeple are worshipping them as there GOD??......
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by truthislight: 9:45am On Jun 28, 2013
benalvino:

Know when the bible is being figurative... Satan is not the god of this world and here is why

Deuteronomy 4:35-39
Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him. (v.35)
The LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else. (v.39)

The God of earth is jahovah that's why we worship him...

If Satan is the god of earth then it should be ok to worship him... But the bible teaches that there is only one God of this world who is Jehovah... Satan is no different from the woods that people call gods but they are not gods.

The thing is God said he will destroy any socalled gods that didn't create the heaven and earth.

Jeremiah 10:11
The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens.

Question is will all of us as gods as you say perish?

Any of the other Gods/gods that is demanding the worship that belongs to Yahweh like Demons and satan will be destroyed.

Meanwhile, you have not answered this question:

WHO IS YOUR GOD??
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 9:46am On Jun 28, 2013
ijawkid: Benalvino....
bestowed on him the name that is above every
name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus every
knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and
under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess
that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God
the Father

Are you seeing the above scripture??...

Only trinitarians would read revelation 5:12 and try so hard to prove Jesus is being worshipped as GOD....

The elders and angels know who there God is....and that is the Father....

Please do you see again that the Father remains the one GOD who recieves all the glory??.......

You should have started from chapter 5... 6 says who being in the very nature of GOD

The above scriptures says he took human form... If he is a god why does it say he is taking human form instead to just leave it the way it is... He is god humans are god so no form or nature is being changed...
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 9:48am On Jun 28, 2013
truthislight:

Any of the other Gods/gods that is demanding the worship that belongs to Yahweh like Demons and satan will be destroyed.

Lol... You funny o... How did you come about that? Bible says God will destroy any God that did not form the earth...

Anything you worship that is not God is an idol... Abeg has any wood or snake that is being worshipped in India ever asked people to worship them?
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 9:50am On Jun 28, 2013
benalvino:

You should have started from chapter 5... 6 says who being in the very nature of GOD

The above scriptures says he took human form... If he is a god why does it say he is taking human form instead to just leave it the way it is... He is god humans are god so no form or nature is being changed...

Jesus was a spirit person in heaven.....he needed to be flesh and blood....and so had to not be a spirit on earth.......

And now this person who took up human form has now been exalted,was given a name,and all persons are subject to him,all to the glory of the one GOD the Father whom you have been shamefully running away from....

You should be ashamed of yourself to not recognize the one GOD as the Father alone....

You are the polytheist here.......
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 9:52am On Jun 28, 2013
benalvino:

Lol... You funny o... How did you come about that? Bible says God will destroy any God that did not form the earth...

Anything you worship that is not God is an idol... Abeg has any wood or snake that is being worshipped in India ever asked people to worship them?

And we have asked do we worship Jesus as our GOD??....

Is Jesus my GOD??...

Oboy e be like to argue dey hungry you well well......
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 9:59am On Jun 28, 2013
ijawkid:

Jesus was a spirit person in heaven.....he needed to be flesh and blood....and so had to not be a spirit on earth.......

And now this person who took up human form has now been exalted,was given a name,and all persons are subject to him,all to the glory of the one GOD the Father whom you have been shamefully running away from....

You should be ashamed of yourself to not recognize the one GOD as the Father alone....

You are the polytheist here.......

There is one God which is the father son and holyspirit...

Jesus became man so he can suffer and feel what men feel even death.

that is the mystery of Godliness the bible talks about.

Thomas calling Jesus his God makes him have 2 gods Abi? Thomas is polytheist cheesy

1 timothy 3:16...
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 10:03am On Jun 28, 2013
benalvino:

Thomas calling Jesus his God makes him have 2 gods Abi? Thomas is polytheist cheesy

Please if there is just on scripture to support the bolded I would appreciate it......

No where in the bible,I repeat no where in the bible says the above...

Now you would know why I call you guys polytheists and herectic fellows.....

Please can we see a scripture where it is said there is but one GOD,the Father ,son and holy spirit...

Please.......if you show me a verse like that I go give u my money....
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 10:03am On Jun 28, 2013
ijawkid:

And we have asked do we worship Jesus as our GOD??....

Is Jesus my GOD??...

Oboy e be like to argue dey hungry you well well......

Do you believe in Jesus or not? Believing in another god aside the One God makes you polytheists... We are not even talking about worship. But when we go to worship then idolatry will start.

I believe in one God... The one who manifest in the flesh and preach to the gentiles.

Thesame God that the 24 elders worshipped... Thesame one that the bible calls the God of the whole earth
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by truthislight: 10:04am On Jun 28, 2013
deSika:

I guess Peter must also be a trinitarian in acts 5:3,4. He called the holyspirit God. He said when we lie to the Holyspirit we are lieing to God. Could Peter be talking about us lieing to "a non one God"

No peter is not.

The activity of the Holy spirit is a reference to Yahweh in action.

The holy spirit operational in the disciples was from God and as such, their lying/going against the leading of the holy spirit in them is lying against Yahweh, the one whose power was leading them.

deSika:

one thing is for sure, the bible don try for people like u. E b like say the bible know say people like u go say Jesus na God just like me and u na God, him con quick quick add 'mighty' to Jesus own God so u no go say him na the same level of god him be with satan and angels.

same way that the bible calls the father almighty God and Jesus mighty God:

"And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them." (Exodus 6:3).

And Jesus :

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6).

deSika:

By the way u have some yet to be attended issues on my thread

Your thread has been properly dealt with, Jesus had blood in him as such was not a spirit person. Chikena
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by truthislight: 10:05am On Jun 28, 2013
deSika:

I guess Peter must also be a trinitarian in acts 5:3,4. He called the holyspirit God. He said when we lie to the Holyspirit we are lieing to God. Could Peter be talking about us lieing to "a non one God"

No peter is not.

The activity of the Holy spirit is a reference to Yahweh in action.

The holy spirit operational in the disciples was from God and as such, their lying/going against the leading of the holy spirit in them is lying against Yahweh, the one whose power was leading them.

deSika:

one thing is for sure, the bible don try for people like u. E b like say the bible know say people like u go say Jesus na God just like me and u na God, him con quick quick add 'mighty' to Jesus own God so u no go say him na the same level of god him be with satan and angels.

same way that the bible calls the father almighty God and Jesus mighty God:

"And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them." (Exodus 6:3).

And Jesus :

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6).

deSika:

By the way u have some yet to be attended issues on my thread

Your thread has been properly dealt with, Jesus had blood in him as such was not a spirit person. Chiken
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 10:06am On Jun 28, 2013
ijawkid:

Please if there is just on scripture to support the bolded I would appreciate it......

No where in the bible,I repeat no where in the bible says the above...

Now you would know why I call you guys polytheists and herectic fellows.....

Please can we see a scripture where it is said there is but one GOD,the Father ,son and holy spirit...

Please.......if you show me a verse like that I go give u my money....

Evasive question... The one looking at you is... Does Thomas have 2 gods?
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 10:09am On Jun 28, 2013
benalvino:

It is seen that thomas was awe struck and exclaimed my GOD and my LORD...........

It just like when you go toilet or when woman dey born or when something extra ordinary haPpens ,people shout my GOD and my LORd in amazement...

E no mean say your shit for toilet,the doctors in the hospital or who ever is around has now become the God of those individuals....

Thomas still could here Jesus unequivocally say at john 20:17....

New Living Translation (©2007)
"Don't cling to me," Jesus said,
"for I haven't yet ascended to the
Father. But go find my brothers
and tell them, 'I am ascending to
my Father and your Father, to my
God and your God.
'"

I hope you can now understand who our GOD should be??....

1 Like

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 10:11am On Jun 28, 2013
benalvino:

Evasive question... The one looking at you is... Does Thomas have 2 gods?

I can't believe the definition of your one God can't be shown from any scripture...

You are the evasive bobo here....

Kindly show nairalanders from the scriptures that the one GOD is the Father,son and holy spirit mixed together...

If you can't you should leave this thread in shame.......

I opened a verse showing the one God is the Father alone...

Please open your own.....

I dey wait......
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by truthislight: 10:12am On Jun 28, 2013
benalvino: @ ijawkid
the verse clearly states is only one God of this earth N beneath

For argument sake U went as far as saying mountain snake rats are gods lmao...

the word God/god is a title just as Lord/lord is a title.

There was no capitalisation in Herews/greek writings.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 10:13am On Jun 28, 2013
benalvino:

Do you believe in Jesus or not? Believing in another god aside the One God makes you polytheists... We are not even talking about worship. But when we go to worship then idolatry will start.

I believe in one God... The one who manifest in the flesh and preach to the gentiles.

Thesame God that the 24 elders worshipped... Thesame one that the bible calls the God of the whole earth

I believe in Jesus as the messiah and appointed king of Gods kingdom and not as my GOD.....

And you believe in 3 Gods....

The Father,son and holy spirit.....

I believe in the Father alone as my God....you believe in 3 seperate individuals as your GOD....

Who is the polytheist here??....

cool

1 Like

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by truthislight: 10:16am On Jun 28, 2013
deSika:

my God is the one who says "let us make" yet says "i made". does that help you

Lol. ^

You are confused, you dont know your God.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by truthislight: 10:18am On Jun 28, 2013
ijawkid:

You are the dancer here.....

So satan now called God is a figurative statement,but when Jesus is called it is real....abi.........

So you even know what figurative means...uh??.......

1...You have denied completely that God never called and pronounced men God(s)....

2...You are also denying that or maybe accusing the scriptures for calling or refering to angels as "EL"......

You have a long way to go bro......

And please answer this my question so that at least I fit know if you and the babylonians no be cousins.....

WHO IS YOUR GOD??...

@benlvino
WHO IS YOUR GOD??
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 10:20am On Jun 28, 2013
ijawkid:

I can't believe the definition of your one God can't be shown from any scripture...

You are the evasive bobo here....

Kindly show nairalanders from the scriptures that the one GOD is the Father,son and holy spirit mixed together...

If you can't you should leave this thread in shame.......

I opened a verse showing the one God is the Father alone...

Please open your own.....

I dey wait......

I ask U a simple question... Does Thomas have 2 gods?

I ask you question you they ask me back.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by truthislight: 10:23am On Jun 28, 2013
benalvino:

good... Now you left the TRUE God FALSE God and in between god... You want to cling on figurative and also use same statement against Jesus... Do people worship Satan? Yes and the Satan they worship is the idols they make them selves...

Jesus being God was worshipped rev 5:12 24 elders in heaven worshipped Jesus and this can only happen if he is not idle... So the bottom line is... Is God allowing idolatry to happen in heaven?

The father says he will destroy those gods who didnt create the heaven and earth... Am still asking if he will destroy us all by your logic.

Bible made it clear that Jesus is God by nature... No where does it say we are God by nature except men making us gods which is bad.

Anything else are idols.

@benalvino

Is satan an Idol or a spirit person ? ( is satan an idol like stone wood mountain and iron ?)
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 10:26am On Jun 28, 2013
benalvino:

I ask U a simple question... Does Thomas have 2 gods?

I ask you question you they ask me back.

I just answered your question with john 20:17........

And I am asking you to provide just a clear verse to support your herectic stance......

The scriptures says to us there is but one GOD the Father......

You are saying to you there is but one God the Father,son and holy spirit.........

Please just a scripture would suffice for the rubbish you spewed....
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 10:28am On Jun 28, 2013
truthislight:

@benalvino

Is satan an Idol or a spirit person ? ( is satan an idol like stone wood mountain and iron ?)

What do you understand by the word idol? If you worship light it becomes and idol... You worship radio frequency it becomes an idol. If you call anything that is not God god that thing is idol.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by truthislight: 10:33am On Jun 28, 2013
benalvino:

answered this long ago... When I said

Their is one God that operate in 3 distinctive ways. Father son and holyspirit

that ^ is not an answer.

WHO IS YOUR GOD ? Who ?

Dont write a sentence and call it your God.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 10:34am On Jun 28, 2013
benalvino:

What do you understand by the word idol? If you worship light it becomes and idol... You worship radio frequency it becomes an idol. If you call anything that is not God god that thing is idol.

God called men God(s).....

Is God a polytheist or does God worship man since he pronounced them God(s)??...

You seem to be holding on to nothing at this point.......
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 10:36am On Jun 28, 2013
truthislight:

that ^ is not an answer.

WHO IS YOUR GOD ? Who ?

Dont write a sentence and call it your God.

He doesn't know who is God is...

He is so confused.......

He mentioned 3 seperate individuals as his God and struggling to merge them as one GOD...

Oya open a scripture to show what he expressed as his God,he is running around like lionel messi.......

Today we go find out who be polytheist.....
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by truthislight: 10:38am On Jun 28, 2013
benalvino:

Any entity that receives worshipful honor is a god.

God = title
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by deSika(m): 10:40am On Jun 28, 2013
ijawkid:

grin......

Oh your God is the one who said "let us make "........

Ok please who is he??.......

I just clearly said mine is the Father alone...

Please be specific as to who the speaker is......

Who is your God??.....
pls am waiting for your acts 5:3,4

my God is the father,the son and the holyghost. His name is Yahweh
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 10:42am On Jun 28, 2013
ijawkid:

I just answered your question with john 20:17........

And I am asking you to provide just a clear verse to support your herectic stance......

The scriptures says to us there is but one GOD the Father......

You are saying to you there is but one God the Father,son and holy spirit.........

Please just a scripture would suffice for the rubbish you spewed....

So that verse have to do with Thomas calling Jesus his God?
I ask you a question you are jumping to another place... Why didn't Jesus correct Thomas? Did Thomas have 2 gods?
What about Isaiah?
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 10:43am On Jun 28, 2013
deSika: pls am waiting for your acts 5:3,4

my God is the father,the son and the holyghost. His name is Yahweh

Chei.......grin.....

Your God is 3 persons and not one my brother......

Me or you??.....
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 10:45am On Jun 28, 2013
benalvino:

So that verse have to do with Thomas calling Jesus his God?
I ask you a question you are jumping to another place... Why didn't Jesus correct Thomas? Did Thomas have 2 gods?
What about Isaiah?

And Jesus corrected what ever thomas had in mind in john 20:17........

Jesus made it known to them who there God is......

Didn't he??......

Besides I said thomas was struck with awe and exclaimed aloud.......

The same exact thing we do today........

And please isaiah did not imagine 2 one God or 2 true God.....

You still have a problem with the title God.......

I might say again that paul identified another GOD in 2 corinthians 4:4 and then call Paul a polytheist....

Thank you!!!....
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 10:50am On Jun 28, 2013
ijawkid:

I believe in Jesus as the messiah and appointed king of Gods kingdom and not as my GOD.....

And you believe in 3 Gods....

The Father,son and holy spirit.....

I believe in the Father alone as my God....you believe in 3 seperate individuals as your GOD....

cool

Now Jesus is not a god again or an angel... He is just the Christ lol...

But you also believe Jesus is a god... In fact you believe he is not just God like the father but a mighty one not almighty.. That's my problem... Where your minds can be set. One moment he is FALSE another he is TRUE another he is neutral God... Another he is angel.

We should call spade a spade... The 24 elders should be held acountable for idolatry...

the father is the holy one of Israel yet Jesus is the only one of Israel... Didnt the bible teach that only God is holy? How come Jesus is holy?
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 10:55am On Jun 28, 2013
benalvino:

Now Jesus is not a god again or an angel... He is just the Christ lol...

But you also believe Jesus is a god... In fact you believe he is not just God like the father but a mighty one not almighty.. That's my problem... Where your minds can be set. One moment he is FALSE another he is TRUE another he is neutral God... Another he is angel.

We should call spade a spade... The 24 elders should be held acountable for idolatry...

the father is the holy one of Israel yet Jesus is the only one of Israel... Didnt the bible teach that only God is holy? How come Jesus is holy?

We are also holy my bro..stop saying things you have no full knowledge of.....didn't you hear we should be holy just as God is holy.....weren't the apostles refered to as saints or holy as the case may be??

My problem here is who the one GOD is...and I'm sticking to the scriptures......the one GOD to me is the Father alone.........

I can call Jesus a God,God,but not my God.....

Jesus is not my God oooo....

Oh dear nairalanders,Jesus CHrist is not my GOD.....my GOD is the Father alone.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Alfaseltzer- I Have Put On The Whole Weapon For War. Am Ready For War. / Is Jesus God? / Does Praying For The Dead Really Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.