Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem (8407 Views)

Osun State Allocation For February Is N6M / BREAKING!!! Buhari Down With Kidney, Liver Disease; Visits London Bridge Hospita / Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem by andyanders: 2:34pm On Jun 29, 2013
Thank God for him and also for God's protection for the governor and his family.
Re: Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem by Roserbert(m): 2:35pm On Jun 29, 2013
Glory be to God,
when I first heard of the boy's ailment, one of the places I posted the guy's case was here on Nairaland https://www.nairaland.com/1279421/please-support-let-tega-live , but as God would have it, the post didn't generate much response from fellow nairalanders probably because it didn't make the home page, but God has a planned way to work out His deeds in the boy's life. The facebook forum, Umeh Needs Road, is just one of the places I took his matter to, and to God be the glory, somebody heard the voice of the voiceless and they took it up. THIS IS NOT TO RECOUNT EFFORT MADE BY SOMEONE OR TO GIVE GLORY TO ANYBODY THAN GOD, BUT TO ENCOURAGE THOSE AT THE VERGE OF LOOSING HOPE NOT TO BUT TO HANG ON THERE, GOD HAS A PLAN FOR THEM. AND SOMETIME, HIS PLAN IS FAR FROM OURS. Just try one more time, try again and there you are.
Today, our song is that of joy because we are sure we are not going to loose Tega.
While thanking God, Governor Uduaghan and the UNRF, its my prayer that God will continue to make us His instruments of peace here on earth.
Re: Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem by henryvirus(m): 2:36pm On Jun 29, 2013
God bless this man. OJB has lots of influential friends that have the ability to save him. This is when he will know his true friends.This youngman has nobody,but God sent somebody Which is Mr Governor. this is commendable
Re: Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem by Symphony007: 2:46pm On Jun 29, 2013
Nigerians are very funny. That is why these politicians have kept you in a state of hoi pollio. Someone is giving you your right and you're worshiping him. Is'nt healthcare for all the basic thing a government can give to it's people in the 21st century?
Re: Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem by fullblast(m): 2:47pm On Jun 29, 2013
nelsonegware: Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta State has graciously donated the sum of N6million to Tega Omofurhieta a 19years old Deltan with a chronic Kidney disease.

The money is to enable the patient carry out Kidney Transplant at an Indian Hospital. The donation was facilitated by an online advocacy group Umeh Need Road Forum on Facebook headed by Barrister Duncan Afahokor.

Members commended the Governor for heeding to the clarion call of the people and prayed God to continue to strengthen him [/b]to render more quality services to Deltans.
Its high time we stopped fooling ourselves. What was gracious in the Gov's gesture? Will it also be termed compassionate if it were E.Uduaghan that was suffering from same ailment? Does it mean that the valuable life of a citizen should always depend on uncertain mercies of leaders. These ailments,i am sure, can be well taken care of in N igerian with ENABLING environ. [b]NIGERIANS ARE VERY GOOD AT SHOWING GRATITUDE EVEN WHEN OUR LEADERS DO THEIR WORK HAPHAZARDLY.
Re: Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 29, 2013
exxell: Pls somebody should not quote me wrong ooo... But is it not the same kidney transplant that IJB is demanding 16 million?? Nawa ooo!

OJB's kidney to be transplanted is made out of gold...
Re: Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem by sazycul: 3:11pm On Jun 29, 2013
When you wake up in the morning and see yourself healthy, just give praise to God. Even if you don't have million yet, he has delivered you from spending million

2 Likes

Re: Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem by tutu1: 3:16pm On Jun 29, 2013
Thank you Mr Governor, but the main issue is please put our hospitals in order, at least Naija Delta should get free health care if thats the only thing government can provide
Re: Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem by sazycul: 3:17pm On Jun 29, 2013
Symphony007: Nigerians are very funny. That is why these politicians have kept you in a state of hoi pollio. Someone is giving you your right and you're worshiping him. Is'nt healthcare for all the basic thing a government can give to it's people in the 21st century?
you do not understand the miracle of a politician involvement in this case, i pray you don't find yourself in this condition to find out if you have right or not.
Re: Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem by ifyalways(f): 3:22pm On Jun 29, 2013
lucky him.Many are not that lucky.
Re: Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem by fapcrook(m): 3:28pm On Jun 29, 2013
Honestly chronic renal failure is a serious and expensive illness and without dialysis or transplanting d patient can give up. So sad I lost a sibling who was a Pharmacy student in1993 to d illness. Gos Almighty, dont inflict us with any illness whether it has a cure or not, ameen

1 Like

Re: Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem by redcliff: 3:31pm On Jun 29, 2013
Mee234:
I dont know to say amen to the second part or just pretend i never saw it.

It was funny tho.
Re: Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem by antartica(m): 3:52pm On Jun 29, 2013
exxell: Pls somebody should not quote me wrong ooo... But is it not the same kidney transplant that IJB is demanding 16 million?? Nawa ooo!

Useless country. The animal himself that is donating 6million of unaccounted tax payers monies is suppose to be a medical doctor.

1 Like

Re: Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem by y2kplus: 5:01pm On Jun 29, 2013
If we had a very good and effective health service, would our dear governor have to 'donate' to send this ill young Nigerian to India?
The answers to our our problems stare us at the face. Whilst his generosity is appreciated, all our states should make state of the art health care system their priority.
I wish the young man the best of luck and quick recovery.
Re: Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem by SuyaEater(m): 5:23pm On Jun 29, 2013
well done sir
Re: Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem by naUgotire: 5:58pm On Jun 29, 2013
ighoosagie: some moderators here on NL re as*sss* hole,
Banning without reason, feeling like God,
Dis is a forum 4 crying out loud, just lik a Senate house, everyone can't agree 2 a thread, some re supportive, some opposive , others neutral . U guys u reevaluate ur self n b more professional.
I see no reason why I should get a ban always, being restricted n held against my will in dis new era, metcheew. If one can't get freedom of expression, then d purpose of it called a forum is defeated.
That moderator dat gave me a hr ban yesterday , without apology u re a big fool. Ban me forever if u lik, because little power seun gave u is already making ur head go big lik dat of banky W. Mumu.
God bless nairaland.
God bless Nigeria.

Don't feel so bad. These very unnecessary ban are ploys being used by Seun and his minions to increase the number of registered members on Nairaland, so that they can use that for advertisement purposes. They all know that once you are banned, you will attempt to re-register using a totally different identity than the one you used earlier. So far, they have been succeeding. Most registered members on this forum have like 2-5 different identities created when they were banned in the past. That's why you see the penchant for banning of members by the moderators. Truth be told, the actual membership number for Nairaland is somwhere in the neighborhood of 500,000.
Re: Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem by ochallo: 6:24pm On Jun 29, 2013
Damsman10:
'cos study shows india have the best doctors on earth
OMG! you have entered one chance.india has the largest number of doctors and highest number of quacks both in india, uk and usa.
Re: Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 29, 2013
Why our Govt. no fit sponsor like 50 of our Doctors go dat India make dem go sidan look, see how dem dey even do this transplant?...

Later when dem come back, import all the necessary equipments and deploy them amongst all the Teaching Hospitals...

1 Like

Re: Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem by Mustay(m): 6:47pm On Jun 29, 2013
Did the Governor donate his money or did he donate on BEHALF OF THE PEOPLE & GOVERNMENT of Delta State (via the budget)? Some reporters sha, they don't know when to draw the line.
Re: Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem by Bright2(m): 7:47pm On Jun 29, 2013
At least am getting one good news from Delta,God bless you sir!
Re: Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem by macjurek(m): 8:06pm On Jun 29, 2013
God Bless My Governor well well well....................

But more is expected from you in Jesus Name Amen

1 Like

Re: Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem by otokx(m): 9:28pm On Jun 29, 2013
why cant a teaching hospital in each zone be equipped to carry out kidney transplant, free dialysis and post treatment management.
Re: Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem by jimcaddy(m): 9:44pm On Jun 29, 2013
Well it is a nice gesture.. Let me digress a bit. Kidney transplant can be done in Nigeria instead of going to India or the UK. Like the OAU Teaching Hospital can do a kidney transplant.. But in Lagos there is a private hospital that has done, and is capable to do a kidney transplant successfully. Saint Nicholas Hospital in Lagos Island. I recommend that to any Nigerian who needs to undergo one. India and UK hospitals are very expensive.
Re: Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem by jimcaddy(m): 9:48pm On Jun 29, 2013
toluene12:
it's cheaper in india - around #4 million both for the transplant and immunosupppresive drugs. renal transplant is performed in some of our govt hospitals but i'm not sure of its success rate. st nicholas has a well established renal unit and has performed over 100 renal transplants, but their charge is expensive - #10 million or there about.
so, india still remains the prefered destination.

all this donations here and there is not the solution. let us have a universal healthcare coverage for every nigerian- either gainfully employed or not with well eqiuped health facilities.
as at 2008, Saint Nicholas was like around 4-6 million Naira.. I don't think it is up to 10 million as you put it. Saint Nicholas have world class facilities. Going to India is long journey..

1 Like

Re: Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem by iamdsam: 9:56pm On Jun 29, 2013
Na Uduaghan money or Delta State money Was Uduaghan a millionaire before he was a governor See the way ona dey praise am as if say na he own money he take help am. That yeye governor wah nor care about Deltans so *walks out of thread with annoyance*

1 Like

Re: Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem by CONSTAINE: 11:29pm On Jun 29, 2013
People will see this stupid governor as a very good man.my question is how many people will get 6million naira each for every kidney problem they have?why not create a standard kidney transplant facilities across Nigeria.and make health care free for the people.Lets how far he will keep donating 6million naira.Foolish government.Nigerian is stagnant with these politicians.
Re: Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem by Roserbert(m): 11:59pm On Jun 29, 2013
iamdsam: Na Uduaghan money or Delta State money Was Uduaghan a millionaire before he was a governor See the way ona dey praise am as if say na he own money he take help am. That yeye governor wah nor care about Deltans so *walks out of thread with annoyance*

What are U insinuating here? what's wrong in saying "thank you" to somebody that knows the right thing and actually does it, whether its his money or state money is not the issue here, its the heart that did that people are appreciating not the pocket where the money is coming from.

How many people have we lost to common diseases, do u av any idea how many children dies in Nigeria everyday due to lack of care? If he (Uduaghan) did not help, are we going to arrest him or ask him to leave office because of that?

We should appreciate him for this, then where he's not performing to expectation, let's call his attention to it.

If you must kno, this is not the first person Uduaghan is footing his bill, one of the popular beneficiaries is Okeghene that suffered Diabetes foot, U can google that.

Why must we always nail our leaders to the cross, does it mean there is nothing good they have ever done or still doing that we can point to?? Pls jor, make we hear word
Re: Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem by Roserbert(m): 12:07am On Jun 30, 2013
CONSTAINE: People will see this stupid governor as a very good man.my question is how many people will get 6million naira each for every kidney problem they have?why not create a standard kidney transplant facilities across Nigeria.and make health care free for the people.Lets how far he will keep donating 6million naira.Foolish government.Nigerian is stagnant with these politicians.

Probably this answers you question better https://www.nairaland.com/1109385/delta-partners-us-varsity-kidney let's give them time and see what come out of that. ok
Re: Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem by comrodioodio: 4:58am On Jun 30, 2013
Yes, this is first of its kind, a governor that has passionate for its citizenry. We don't know how to appreciate you sir. But we pray may the almighty God continue to bless you with all your needs. Kudos our people's Governor.

1 Like

Re: Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem by tonynonso53: 9:24am On Jun 30, 2013
may God give him speedy recovery.
Re: Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem by nelsonegware: 10:32am On Jun 30, 2013
Many thanks to His Excellency the Governor of Delta State for this wonderful show of love to the needy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

22 Parties Meet, Propose Policy Framework For Buhari / Witch Doctor Makes Shocking Revelation About Prophet TB Joshua,calls him This / Obama Wife Protesting For Biafrans Raw Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.