Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,396 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest (86405 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Visits Ooni Ogunwusi (Photo) / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 01, 2013
Deeper_danNY:

OK, great and best of luck. I belong to Deeper Christian Life ministry what about you?
Deeper_danNY:

OK, great and best of luck. I belong to Deeper Christian Life ministry what about you?

I belong to the ONE Church that Jesus is building and fellowship with other believers , however I owe no allegiance to any man or his ministry , our allegiance must always be to Jesus ,he is the one we must follow because he sacrificed his life for us.

No man or church can be 100% infallible and that also applies to deeper life.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Lydiaonyi15: 7:29pm On Jul 01, 2013
juman: Funny. grin

The pastor that preaches what he does not believe in.
. Shut ur mouth. No wonder d pastor said gate of hell like u would not prevail against d church.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 01, 2013
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 01, 2013
^^^

I just watched this video and all I can say is WOW !!

This is further proof that deeperlife is not a church but a CULT.

Their priority is tradition and not the gospel of grace , they have brought two young couples under condemnation, sent them into discipline and made them apologize , not to restore the reputation of Christ , but that of MAN and his ministry.

This is the most disgusting thing I have watched this year, quite plainly wicked and evil for turning a joyous occasion into a time of lament.

I repeat deeperlife is a CULT.

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Pygru: 7:58pm On Jul 01, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

I just watched this video and all I can say is WOW !!

This is further proof that deeperlife is not a church but a CULT.

Their priority is tradition and not the gospel of grace , they have brought two young couples under condemnation, sent them into discipline and made them apologize , not to restore the reputation of Christ , but that of MAN and his ministry.

This is the most disgusting thing I have watched this year, quite plainly wicked and evil for turning a joyous occasion into a time of lament.

I repeat deeperlife is a CULT.

smiley

[size=38pt]Mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww[/size]undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 01, 2013
Pygru:
[size=38pt]Mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww[/size]undecided

Have you now added DUNCE to your other trait ( NUISANCE ) that made the political section boot you out ?

If you have nothing intelligent to contribute , just watch from the side lines.

smiley smiley
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Pygru: 8:06pm On Jul 01, 2013
Mee234:
Bros I give up. Now I understand why others don't take u seriously anymore. This is the same thing u did in ur own thread. Answer questions with scriptures, rara oooo. Na to dey call ppl names and forming one dirty knowledge. U bi confirm olodo banta banta as far as spiritual things are concern. Continue ur waywardness.
grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Pygru: 8:10pm On Jul 01, 2013
frosbel:

Have you now added DUNCE to your other trait ( NUISANCE ) that made the political section boot you out ?

If you have nothing intelligent to contribute , just watch from the side lines.
smiley smiley
@ bolded, is that possible

Oya tell me ya church.
I want to come out of [size=38pt]'[/size]darkness[size=38pt]'[/size]
grin grin grin tongue
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by jlounge: 8:52pm On Jul 01, 2013
Word!

kefmawin: It appears Naira Land has a lot of jobless and ignorant people who comment on things they no nothing about. I am not a "denominationalist" but it is obvious to me that a lot of people do not know the Deeper Life Church. Perhaps many commentators of Nairaland are children born in the 90s who no nothing about The Revivals of the 70s and 80s or even the Scripture Union (SU).
It is understandable that their understanding of the christian church has been clouded by the advent of the Pseudo churches, modern day permissive groups and deviating organizations struggling to catch up with the so called worldly trends and fashion which will fade away(1John 2:15).

I will not encourage people to pride themselves with any denomination as it is only JESUS that saves.
But the truth must be told. From honest and unbiased assessment, you will realize that the Deeper Life church is one of the few places where they stand for the truth and follow the scriptures to the later without fear or favour.

Your money or any talent you have mean nothing to the church as long as your lifestyle or conduct does not conform to God's word.
Even though a lot of people would disagree with them on certain areas, it is worthy of note that every view and position the church takes is solely based on their sincere understanding of Scriptures as this is read and studied from cover to cover.

Many comments depict gross Ignorance and exaggeration of what they stand for. I have known the Church for over two decades and heard hundreds of pastor Kumuyi's messages,I have seen His simplicity, integrity and willingness to objectively correct any practice of the church which is not in line with Scriptures.

Over time the church has preached against the tradition of men and legalism and have made remarkable moves in pointing people to know the bible and know God for themselves.

While acknowledging some infiltrators (as with every other place)I have also found among them some of the finest Christians and men and women of integrity and righteousness and faith, serving God in spirit and truth.

I think we must be more thoughtful in our assessment and comment as we will answer for everything we say or do.
People who love God to the extent of not compromising with the dying and falling world standard and standing out to be different as indicated in Romans 12:1,2 should be encouraged.

To the best of my knowledge,countless lives who attend their programs have been transformed positively. Armed robbers, humanizers, Chain smokers, prostitutes, drunkards, the down trodden, the rich, the poor and so on have been transformed by Christ and turned a new live noticeable to their previous acquaintance. Or do we talk about the countless Lives God has graciously healed from ailments such as: HIV, Cancer, Barrenness, Blindness, Lameness, deafness,cripple etc.

If we take time to understand the Fad and Jagons that have entered many churches and assemblies today you'll almost weep. Churches no longer stand for anything but rather falls for everything the world presents.

The Church is the Bride of Christ and must be different from the fallen world systems and standard.
If you are sure that as a christian you can defend your present actions before God when you meet Him at the end of life fine. Otherwise you can run to Christ by accepting Him as your personal Lord and Saviour and receive the grace to live for Him Ephesians 2:8 ).
The true mark of being a Christian is that your life is transformed by the grace of God which brings a clear difference between your conduct and the world. If this is not the case with you, it is not late to make amends by coming to the throne of Grace to obtain mercy(Hebrew 4:12) before it becomes late.

Love you all...
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 01, 2013
^^^

And after this word, you go ahead to condemn a young couple who just got married , because they departed from the tradition of your church.

SMH.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Pygru: 9:05pm On Jul 01, 2013

And after this word, you go ahead to condemn a young couple who just got married , because they departed from the tradition of your church.

SMH.

what is your problem old man angry
[size=38pt]smh[/size]
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 01, 2013
Pygru:
what is your problem old man angry
[size=38pt]smh[/size]

I am a young MAN.

smiley
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by biolabee(m): 9:15pm On Jul 01, 2013
I have watched the video....

Scripture quoted: Titus 2: 11 - 15

Ameeting was convened by the national overseers of the church after the wedding
Some of them were also at the wedding and gave a report

The pastor announced that JOHN and LOVE KUMUYI DEVIATED FROM THE STANDARD

The issue is what is the standard and what did they deviate from

That dress is so modest

Then the letter of apology was read to the congragation

i will like more people to listen to it

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by SOLARPOWER1(f): 9:41pm On Jul 01, 2013
ebamma 3: And yet garri is still expensive

Young man how is this matter related to the price of garri.Were u "sleep-chating" or what?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by DeeperdanNY: 9:43pm On Jul 01, 2013
frosbel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTx9u0ygm1M

John and Love you are the best. The case is closed! Gbam, Gbam!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by jlounge: 9:54pm On Jul 01, 2013
There's a place where weary souls can find REAL rest. Its a place where prodigals on the trip to apostasy can find mercy, deliverance and redemption. Its in a truly loving Savior called Jesus. There all the years of bottled frustration, collosal confusion and intimacy with demons can be dealt with by the working whereby He is able to subdue all things unto Himself. Don't resist Him. Slide back to Him. Surrender completely to Him. Shut the world out for a moment. Turn your table or bedside to an altar. Cry out to Him for mercy. Pour out your heart to Him. Hold no reserves. Let go and let God have His way. He can turn your life around for His glory. A new name can be written in glory tonight. It can be shouting time in Heaven tonight. The choice is yours. Make the right one now while there is time...

And after this word, you go ahead to condemn a
young couple who just got married , because they departed from the tradition of your church.

SMH.

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 01, 2013
jlounge: There's a place where weary souls can find REAL rest. Its a place where prodigals on the trip to apostasy can find mercy, deliverance and redemption. Its in a truly loving Savior called Jesus. There all the years of bottled frustration, collosal confusion and intimacy with demons can be dealt with by the working whereby He is able to subdue all things unto Himself. Don't resist Him. Slide back to Him. Surrender completely to Him. Shut the world out for a moment. Turn your table or bedside to an altar. Cry out to Him for mercy. Pour out your heart to Him. Hold no reserves. Let go and let God have His way. He can turn your life around for His glory. A new name can be written in glory tonight. It can be shouting time in Heaven tonight. The choice is yours. Make the right one now while there is time...

I suggest you preach to yourself Sir , I am a believer whose faith is not dependent on membership of an organisation but on the citizenship of Heaven.

I left Deeperlife after over 10 years of bondage and have since grown in knowledge to remarkable degrees, I also enjoy my freedom in Christ no longer pandering to the traditions and wishes of MEN.

Jesus = Freedom.

Tradition = Bondage

"So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don't get tied up again in slavery to the law" - Galatians 5:1

See ya.

smiley
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by MyneWhite1(f): 11:26pm On Jul 01, 2013
Personally, I am of the opinion that Love Odih was very modestly dressed for a wedding occasion, and wish her and her husband only the very best of married life. I wrote the series of posts I did to help the conversation along online, hoping it would spark a similar conversation within the Deeper Life church about their heavily patriarchal stand on women's dressing, and how it could be affecting the morale of women and relationships in the church. When I listened to Pastor Kumuyi's video here on what is essential Christian principles and how traditions of men can be changed, I was heartened. But it seems even him can do nothing at this stage. The so-called church leaders have just made it clear by this 'apology' that they won't entertain any conversation.

http://www.romancemeetslife.com/2013/07/video-of-john-and-love-kumuyis-letter.html

Read the full text of the apology below -

June 22nd, 2013,
The Church Secretary,
Deeper Christain Life Ministry

LETTER OF APOLOGY

John and Love Kumuyi, write to express our deepest and most sincere apology for the turn of events, that have resulted on our traditional and wedding ceremonies, that took place in Jamaica on 13th June and 15th June, 2013 respectively.

We unreservedly and wholeheartedly state, that we did not intend that our acts or omissions will in any way undermine the great works that God has done through the Deeper Christian Life Ministry Worldwide and more specifically , through our Father in the Lord, the General Superintendent (GS).

We also use this medium to profusely and sincerely apologies to the general superintendent for the embarrassment and heartaches our actions have caused him, more so that he had earlier declined to be at the events.

We acknowledge that we may have been distracted by cultural differences, as both of us have been outside the country for the past two decades. This notwithstanding, we fully accept that having being nurtured, taught and brought up with the sound teaching of the word of God, we should have been able to draw the line, which we failed to do.

We have now realized the effects of our actions and omission and do plead with the church for forgiveness and also appealing that any action that should be taken be directed at John and Love, as we take this time to prayerfully reflect on our actions.

We take full responsibility for what happened, and this action should in no way be blamed on the GS, or the leaders of the church in Nigeria, United States, Jamaica or United Kingdom and beyond.

Yours Sincerely,

John and Love Kumuyi
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 01, 2013
^^^^

No letter of apology needed , they did not break the commandments of GOD.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Afoskalex(m): 11:31pm On Jul 01, 2013
frosbel:

I suggest you preach to yourself Sir , I am a believer whose faith is not dependent on membership of an organisation but on the citizenship of Heaven.

I left Deeperlife after over 10 years of bondage and have since grown in knowledge to remarkable degrees, I also enjoy my freedom in Christ no longer pandering to the traditions and wishes of MEN.

Jesus = Freedom.

Tradition = Bondage

"So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don't get tied up again in slavery to the law" - Galatians 5:1

See ya.

smiley
what suits you is 2 John 7.You have been deceived and you are looking for undiscerning youngmen to deceive.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 01, 2013
Afoskalex:
what suits you is 2 John 7.You have been deceived and you are looking for undiscerning youngmen to deceive.

Rather, it is deceivers like you who are trying to bring the children of GOD under bondage.

smiley
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Afoskalex(m): 12:12am On Jul 02, 2013
frosbel:

threats , fearmongering , insults, what is new Pal ?

Lol, grin.

Korah rebelled against Moses who is a sort of Christ, he wanted to have pre-eminence above the rest, and in the process spoke evil against Moses causing a rebellion.

In this case, I am not attacking a Person but a cultic system that entraps, ensnares and brings under bondage the chidlren of GOD.

Please bin your threats , they do not scare me on iota.

smiley
Augment apart,the path you're talking will lead you to hell.One thing you have been saying was DL is a cult b/c of the leader.Pls, tell me was the early church a cult B/c the apostles were the one coordinating the church.Time will fail me in naming some pple that were one time or the other leaders of an assembly (ignatius,Polycarp.wesley,finney,moody etc).Frosbel you are lost but the door of grace is still widely open for you or do you want to end up like those pple in JUDE 4-8,10-13,15-16.there is a fountain filled with BLOOD,allow the BLOOD to wash you clean.Shalom
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Image123(m): 12:30am On Jul 02, 2013
frosbel: ^^^^

No letter of apology needed , they did not break the commandments of GOD.

smiley
shut up already, frosb. Get a real job or something. What is your obsession with this issue. You talk like a foolish woman
Pro 9:13 A foolish woman is clamorous: she is simple, and knoweth nothing.

You said the wedding was allowed and it is hypocrisy. Now, they are punished, you say its cultism. They obviously are not living to please you. And one does not need to offend God or break His commandments before he or she apologises, hypocrite. If one offends another, the right thing is to apologise. They have done no sin.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by kefmawin: 1:04am On Jul 02, 2013
Pls who is frosbel
From my objective analysis of his comments, It is obvious that he has personal bitterness which is not physically or spiritually healthy for his well being. I sense the spirit of bitterness and pomposity.

I suggest we end the argument and take time to digest all the useful contributions objectively to avert more blasphemies that could send one to hell prematurely.

Christians who are bold to courageously stand out from compromise due to their love for Christ should be encouraged.

I truly sympathize with the level of ignorance, blasphemy and "antinomianism" that has been displayed by some commentators.

Let us speak with love in our heart for knowledge puffs up while charity edifies. When in doubt you can seek God for answers.

Remember you will answer for everything you say or do.

When it is obvious that a person is just interested in raining insults and condemnation on the church of the living God and true servants of God and giving deaf ears to the various explanations, true christians should ignore such people and only pray for them.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by nkrumahephraim: 4:39am On Jul 02, 2013
The Alleged letter written by "John and Love Kumuyi" lacks credibility and genuineness as to whether is indeed a remorseful, defensive and apologetic. Furthermore the presentation of the letter undermines our integrity and Justification of our believe in the bible.
(1). the letter has no signature proof showing who was the recipient and the speaker.
(2). the letter has no directory.
(3). the letter clearly depicts a controversial theme and imagery as to how it is communicated.
(4). There is no single rights in the church that guarantees/support the Couples to defend Pastor Kumuyi and the National oversea of Jamaica. Other youths had the same choices but their parents were disciplined. If we have to accept this letter after a sensible facts then Simply, the GS and Pastor Odih must also subject himself to discipline and scrutiny if indeed they believes in what they say. (what is good for the goose is always good for the gander) Isaiah 1:17. .."Learn to do good, seek justice, correct oppression and bring Justice to the fatherless..."
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 5:21am On Jul 02, 2013
2 Timothy 2:19

But God's firm foundation stands, bearing this seal: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from iniquity.”

May the Lord help us and forgive all our comments here.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by seunlayi(m): 5:39am On Jul 02, 2013
Bidam:
2 Timothy 2:19

But God's firm foundation stands, bearing this seal: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from iniquity.”

May the Lord help us and forgive all our comments here.
amen

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Pygru: 5:51am On Jul 02, 2013
This post has been hidden

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 02, 2013
kefmawin: Pls who is frosbel
From my objective analysis of his comments, It is obvious that he has personal bitterness which is not physically or spiritually healthy for his well being. I sense the spirit of bitterness and pomposity.

I suggest we end the argument and take time to digest all the useful contributions objectively to avert more blasphemies that could send one to hell prematurely.

Christians who are bold to courageously stand out from compromise due to their love for Christ should be encouraged.

I truly sympathize with the level of ignorance, blasphemy and "antinomianism" that has been displayed by some commentators.

Let us speak with love in our heart for knowledge puffs up while charity edifies. When in doubt you can seek God for answers.

When it is obvious that a person is just interested in raining insults and condemnation on the church of the living God and true servants of God and giving deaf ears to the various explanations, true christians should ignore such people and only pray for them.

I ain't bitter one zilch , I am only pointing out the hypocrisy of religion and why it is always important to follow Christ and not men.

The bible has warned the leaders of the church not to Lord it over the brethren , yet this is what we see prevalent in deeper life , telling believers what to wear , what to drink , who to associate with etc etc .

Regarding insults ,I am sure you do realise that most of the insults being thrown around have come from your 'holy' deeper life brethren.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 02, 2013
kefmawin: Pls who is frosbel

I ain't bitter one zilch , I am only pointing out the hypocrisy of religion and why it is always important to follow Christ and not men.

The bible has warned the leaders of the church not to Lord it over the brethren , yet this is what we see prevalent in deeper life , telling believers what to wear , what to drink , who to associate with etc etc .

Regarding insults ,I am sure you do realise that most of the insults being thrown around have come from your 'holy' deeper life brethren.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 02, 2013
Image123:
shut up already, frosb. Get a real job or something. What is your obsession with this issue. You talk like a foolish woman
Pro 9:13 A foolish woman is clamorous: she is simple, and knoweth nothing.

You said the wedding was allowed and it is hypocrisy. Now, they are punished, you say its cultism. They obviously are not living to please you. And one does not need to offend God or break His commandments before he or she apologises, hypocrite. If one offends another, the right thing is to apologise. They have done no sin.

When you stop preaching and practising the fraudulent system of tithe abuse , I will hear you .

wink
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by biolabee(m): 7:41am On Jul 02, 2013
so DLBC has vehement defenders of tradition and men's doctrine like this

Deeper life brethren used to pride themselves as the modern day men of Isaachar who searched the scriptures themselves

Now they lie that the wedding was photoshopped

Now the 'sinners' have confessed// why the initial lie about photoshop?

The fire has really waxed cold leaving a dark residue of ash and legalism

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (24) (Reply)

Dwarf RCCG Pastor & Barrister Weds In Abuja Today (Photos) / Dead Body Of Eunice Mojisola Olawale Killed In Abuja While Preaching. / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.