Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest - Religion (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest (86391 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Visits Ooni Ogunwusi (Photo) / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by tpia5: 3:07pm On Jul 03, 2013
Una still dey kumuyi matter?

Anyway, @ topic

Its good he apologised to his father, shows he (and the bride) are well raised.

Sometimes its not about being right or being wrong, you just have to do what is necessary.

Hope the detractors can go and find another topic to detract now?

Make una nor break their marriage o, or else all the gods you say you're running from while pretending to be christian, will deal with you.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Image123(m): 3:52pm On Jul 03, 2013
frosbel:

"But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people." - 1 Corinthians 5:11

"and have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather even reprove them;" - Ephesians 5:11
frosb, forget all the scripture quoting jingoism for now, even devils can quote seemingly appropriate verses. Let's be practical, do you have eternal life? yes or no or you don't know.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Image123(m): 3:55pm On Jul 03, 2013
flourishG: I thought u re doing da book Romans.who is a sinner?a christian?
Sorry i do not understand your post, kindly rephrase.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Image123(m): 4:05pm On Jul 03, 2013
shdemidemi:

Image123 surprises me with some religious statements. You would naturally expect him to see things in the light of th gospel considering the fact that he is doing a summary of the book of romans.
Image123 is not a natural man, don't naturally expect him lol.
Any statement of mine that confuses or surprises you, call my attention to it and to what you think is supposed to be. Asking frosb if he has eternal life is pertinent as he is talking of brotherly love and people leaving what they have. We need to know what he has and to where we should go.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by seunlayi(m): 5:08pm On Jul 03, 2013
kefmawin: It appears Naira Land has a lot of jobless and ignorant people who comment on things they no nothing about. I am not a "denominationalist" but it is obvious to me that a lot of people do not know the Deeper Life Church. Perhaps many commentators of Nairaland are children born in the 90s who no nothing about The Revivals of the 70s and 80s or even the Scripture Union (SU).
It is understandable that their understanding of the christian church has been clouded by the advent of the Pseudo churches, modern day permissive groups and deviating organizations struggling to catch up with the so called worldly trends and fashion which will fade away(1John 2:15).

I will not encourage people to pride themselves with any denomination as it is only JESUS that saves.
But the truth must be told. From honest and unbiased assessment, you will realize that the Deeper Life church is one of the few places where they stand for the truth and follow the scriptures to the later without fear or favour.

Your money or any talent you have mean nothing to the church as long as your lifestyle or conduct does not conform to God's word.
Even though a lot of people would disagree with them on certain areas, it is worthy of note that every view and position the church takes is solely based on their sincere understanding of Scriptures as this is read and studied from cover to cover.

Many comments depict gross Ignorance and exaggeration of what they stand for. I have known the Church for over two decades and heard hundreds of pastor Kumuyi's messages,I have seen His simplicity, integrity and willingness to objectively correct any practice of the church which is not in line with Scriptures.

Over time the church has preached against the tradition of men and legalism and have made remarkable moves in pointing people to know the bible and know God for themselves.

While acknowledging some infiltrators (as with every other place)I have also found among them some of the finest Christians and men and women of integrity and righteousness and faith, serving God in spirit and truth.

I think we must be more thoughtful in our assessment and comment as we will answer for everything we say or do.
People who love God to the extent of not compromising with the dying and falling world standard and standing out to be different as indicated in Romans 12:1,2 should be encouraged.

To the best of my knowledge,countless lives who attend their programs have been transformed positively. Armed robbers, humanizers, Chain smokers, prostitutes, drunkards, the down trodden, the rich, the poor and so on have been transformed by Christ and turned a new live noticeable to their previous acquaintance. Or do we talk about the countless Lives God has graciously healed from ailments such as: HIV, Cancer, Barrenness, Blindness, Lameness, deafness,cripple etc.

If we take time to understand the Fad and Jagons that have entered many churches and assemblies today you'll almost weep. Churches no longer stand for anything but rather falls for everything the world presents.

The Church is the Bride of Christ and must be different from the fallen world systems and standard.
If you are sure that as a christian you can defend your present actions before God when you meet Him at the end of life fine. Otherwise you can run to Christ by accepting Him as your personal Lord and Saviour and receive the grace to live for Him Ephesians 2:8 ).
The true mark of being a Christian is that your life is transformed by the grace of God which brings a clear difference between your conduct and the world. If this is not the case with you, it is not late to make amends by coming to the throne of Grace to obtain mercy(Hebrew 4:12) before it becomes late.

Love you all...

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by solar007: 5:24pm On Jul 03, 2013
[size=18pt]why are people opening different threads that is less concern to them, is this due to idleness?
[/size]
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Image123(m): 6:30pm On Jul 03, 2013
nice one seunly
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 03, 2013
Image123:
frosb, forget all the scripture quoting jingoism for now, even devils can quote seemingly appropriate verses. Let's be practical, do you have eternal life? yes or no or you don't know.

Until you repent of your tithe FRAUD, I will not answer you.

smiley
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Image123(m): 6:48pm On Jul 03, 2013
frosbel:

smiley
pathetically funny. I hope others can read this.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 03, 2013
Image123:
pathetically funny. I hope others can read this.

Read what ? About your position on the TITHE FRAUD ?

smiley

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by seunlayi(m): 7:41pm On Jul 03, 2013
frosbel and Image123: e don do

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by seunlayi(m): 10:37pm On Jul 03, 2013
tpia@:
Una still dey kumuyi matter?

Anyway, @ topic

Its good he apologised to his father, shows he (and the bride) are well raised.

Sometimes its not about being right or being wrong, you just have to do what is necessary.

Hope the detractors can go and find another topic to detract now?

Make una nor break their marriage o, or else all the gods you say you're running from while pretending to be christian, will deal with you.
abi now

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by solar007: 2:27pm On Jul 04, 2013
i never knew that the wedding was actually conducted outside a deeplife church which means that the church leadership may not be able to control whatever wrong they noticed on that day.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by PastorKun(m): 4:16pm On Jul 04, 2013
solar007: i never knew that the wedding was actually conducted outside a deeplife church which means that the church leadership may not be able to control whatever wrong they noticed on that day.

There was nothing wrong for them to notice.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by solar007: 4:42pm On Jul 04, 2013
Pastor Kun:

There was nothing wrong for them to notice.
solar007: i never knew that the wedding was actually conducted outside a deeplife church which means that the church leadership may not be able to control whatever wrong they noticed on that day.

I mean if there is one.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by DeeperdanNY: 4:42pm On Jul 04, 2013
frosbel:

"But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people." - 1 Corinthians 5:11"and have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather even reprove them;" - Ephesians 5:11

Frosbel is a member of jesus of Oyinbo Obalende Branch. he recently moved from the Jehovah witness sect.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by DeeperdanNY: 4:45pm On Jul 04, 2013
frosbel:
I belong to the ONE Church that Jesus is building and fellowship with other believers , however I owe no allegiance to any man or his ministry , our allegiance must always be to Jesus ,he is the one we must follow because he sacrificed his life for us.
No man or church can be 100% infallible and that also applies to deeper life.

My people say na only thief go say him witness dey for the sky yonder. The next time you go for an interview and they ask a simple question what is your last/surname, tell them I owe no allegiance to any man/woman my parents/ father lives in heaven and you'll just get the job/contract. And if you have no honor for the man that you see how can you ever honor the Lord who you never met and you don't know how he looks like

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by seunlayi(m): 5:10pm On Jul 04, 2013
Deeper_danNY:

My people say na only thief go say him witness dey for the sky yonder. The next time you go for an interview and they ask a simple question what is your last/surname, tell them I owe no allegiance to any man/woman my parents/ father lives in heaven and you'll just get the job/contract. And if you have no honor for the man that you see how can you ever honor the Lord who you never met and you don't know how he looks like
wetin this guy do you?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Boomark(m): 9:00pm On Jul 04, 2013
biolabee: Frankly I am insulted that you classify me as a person who has no mind of his own

We were here when someone released a bulletin claimed the pics were photoshopped

Now john and love has confessed

So who lied on behalf on deeper life

What is this standard that john and love kumuyi deviated from and why the pastors are angry?

He will not answer this question but will come back and tell you to repent.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Boomark(m): 9:01pm On Jul 04, 2013
biolabee: Frankly I am insulted that you classify me as a person who has no mind of his own

We were here when someone released a bulletin claimed the pics were photoshopped

Now john and love has confessed

So who lied on behalf on deeper life

What is this standard that john and love kumuyi deviated from that made the pastors angry?

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by biolabee(m): 9:22pm On Jul 04, 2013
Boomark:

na today? grin
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by holypower(m): 9:34pm On Jul 04, 2013
Sophiegurl: Wetin den do now?

they broke and disobeyed the law of GOD

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by PastorKun(m): 9:40pm On Jul 04, 2013
holypower:

You must be a notorious pharisaic hypocrite as well, kindly show us the law of God they broke from scriptures.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by flourishG(m): 10:08pm On Jul 04, 2013
holypower:

i assume u joking by da statement else,you should hv received the greatest insult ever but something in me tells me u just joking so i let u be.but yr statement is weird!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by seunlayi(m): 2:01am On Jul 05, 2013
holypower:

How?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by solar007: 9:45am On Jul 05, 2013
kefmawin: It appears Naira Land has a lot of jobless and ignorant people who comment on things they no nothing about. I am not a "denominationalist" but it is obvious to me that a lot of people do not know the Deeper Life Church. Perhaps many commentators of Nairaland are children born in the 90s who no nothing about The Revivals of the 70s and 80s or even the Scripture Union (SU).
It is understandable that their understanding of the christian church has been clouded by the advent of the Pseudo churches, modern day permissive groups and deviating organizations struggling to catch up with the so called worldly trends and fashion which will fade away(1John 2:15).

I will not encourage people to pride themselves with any denomination as it is only JESUS that saves.
But the truth must be told. From honest and unbiased assessment, you will realize that the Deeper Life church is one of the few places where they stand for the truth and follow the scriptures to the later without fear or favour.

Your money or any talent you have mean nothing to the church as long as your lifestyle or conduct does not conform to God's word.
Even though a lot of people would disagree with them on certain areas, it is worthy of note that every view and position the church takes is solely based on their sincere understanding of Scriptures as this is read and studied from cover to cover.

Many comments depict gross Ignorance and exaggeration of what they stand for. I have known the Church for over two decades and heard hundreds of pastor Kumuyi's messages,I have seen His simplicity, integrity and willingness to objectively correct any practice of the church which is not in line with Scriptures.

Over time the church has preached against the tradition of men and legalism and have made remarkable moves in pointing people to know the bible and know God for themselves.

While acknowledging some infiltrators (as with every other place)I have also found among them some of the finest Christians and men and women of integrity and righteousness and faith, serving God in spirit and truth.

I think we must be more thoughtful in our assessment and comment as we will answer for everything we say or do.
People who love God to the extent of not compromising with the dying and falling world standard and standing out to be different as indicated in Romans 12:1,2 should be encouraged.

To the best of my knowledge,countless lives who attend their programs have been transformed positively. Armed robbers, humanizers, Chain smokers, prostitutes, drunkards, the down trodden, the rich, the poor and so on have been transformed by Christ and turned a new live noticeable to their previous acquaintance. Or do we talk about the countless Lives God has graciously healed from ailments such as: HIV, Cancer, Barrenness, Blindness, Lameness, deafness,cripple etc.

If we take time to understand the Fad and Jagons that have entered many churches and assemblies today you'll almost weep. Churches no longer stand for anything but rather falls for everything the world presents.

The Church is the Bride of Christ and must be different from the fallen world systems and standard.
If you are sure that as a christian you can defend your present actions before God when you meet Him at the end of life fine. Otherwise you can run to Christ by accepting Him as your personal Lord and Saviour and receive the grace to live for Him Ephesians 2:8 ).
The true mark of being a Christian is that your life is transformed by the grace of God which brings a clear difference between your conduct and the world. If this is not the case with you, it is not late to make amends by coming to the throne of Grace to obtain mercy(Hebrew 4:12) before it becomes late.

Love you all...
Thank you
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by seunlayi(m): 6:23pm On Jul 05, 2013
frosbel:

smiley
Frosbel, which side you dey sef? are you in support of the suspension?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by DrummaBoy(m): 8:26pm On Jul 05, 2013
@Kefmawin

Your contribution is appreciated but U must accept some realities. The internet is re defining how things are done in today world. It has caused revolutions, it is bringing revolution to the church: it is called FREEDOM OF SPEECH. The constitution not only guarantees this, The bible also does. So DLBC must be prepared for what they will hear based on what they do.

Next, when U reel out the performances of the deeper life and its ministers you forget that it is God that does this things not men. When works becomes the central issue for a church, the result is glorying in men.

DLBC, no doubt, over the years has done well for the body of Christ but one weakness for them is this legalist tendency which is now challenged by no other person than the GS child. What other confirmation do we need to the utter hopelessness in those practises.

God is calling the church to perfection and that includes DLBC. they will do well to listen to God voice in the cry of the dissenting multitude.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 05, 2013
DrummaBoy: @Kefmawin

Your contribution is appreciated but U must accept some realities. The internet is re defining how things are done in today world. It has caused revolutions, it is bringing revolution to the church: it is called FREEDOM OF SPEECH. The constitution not only guarantees this, The bible also does. So DLBC must be prepared for what they will hear based on what they do.

Next, when U reel out the performances of the deeper life and its ministers you forget that it is God that does this things not men. When works becomes the central issue for a church, the result is glorying in men.

DLBC, no doubt, over the years has done well for the body of Christ but one weakness for them is this legalist tendency which is now challenged by no other person than the GS child. What other confirmation do we need to the utter hopelessness in those practises.

God is calling the church to perfection and that includes DLBC. they will do well to listen to God voice in the cry of the dissenting multitude.

Amen brother , unfortunately some people will rather boast in their accomplishments rather than boast in the Lord, this is my experience with deeperlife, endless boasting about how wonderful and holy they are , forgetting that this leads to pride.

Let us emulate Paul who admonished us to boast only in the LORD and nothing else , whatever changes that have occurred in the lives of people , it is by the Spirit of GOD.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 05, 2013
holypower:

On the contrary, they broke and disobeyed the laws of MEN.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Image123(m): 11:02pm On Jul 05, 2013
Fortunate for bible students, the cry of dissenting multitude is known as murmuring, a grievous sin. It is not God's voice but the likes of frosb's frustrated rantings.
Philippians 2:14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

edit
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 05, 2013
"And the people murmured against Moses, saying, What shall we drink?" - Exodus 15:24

You keep exposing your shallowness in the understanding of scripture.

They murmured for water.

Besides, exposing the unfruitful deeds of darkness is not murmuring , it is fighting the good fight of faith.

smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Dwarf RCCG Pastor & Barrister Weds In Abuja Today (Photos) / Dead Body Of Eunice Mojisola Olawale Killed In Abuja While Preaching. / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.