Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest (86389 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Visits Ooni Ogunwusi (Photo) / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 02, 2013
Afoskalex:
Augment apart,the path you're talking will lead you to hell.One thing you have been saying was DL is a cult b/c of the leader.Pls, tell me was the early church a cult B/c the apostles were the one coordinating the church.Time will fail me in naming some pple that were one time or the other leaders of an assembly (ignatius,Polycarp.wesley,finney,moody etc).Frosbel you are lost but the door of grace is still widely open for you or do you want to end up like those pple in JUDE 4-8,10-13,15-16.there is a fountain filled with BLOOD,allow the BLOOD to wash you clean.Shalom

You sit in the judgement seat of Christ and proclaim me as lost , another person like you said he had withdrawn the grace of God from me on behalf of Christ. All I can say to you guys is God knows those who are his , I am his sheep even if that sheep is the lost sheep , I am not a follower of men and their agendas , I love and enjoy the simplicity that is in Christ Jesus.

Take your bondage and hypocrisy elsewhere.

wink
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by biolabee(m): 7:43am On Jul 02, 2013
They committed no sin and should not have apologised

It seems Kumuyi has been held hostage by the hierachy or the 'monster' he helped create

Tragic... they still insist on THE STANDARD!

Myne White: Personally, I am of the opinion that Love Odih was very modestly dressed for a wedding occasion, and wish her and her husband only the very best of married life. I wrote the series of posts I did to help the conversation along online, hoping it would spark a similar conversation within the Deeper Life church about their heavily patriarchal stand on women's dressing, and how it could be affecting the morale of women and relationships in the church. When I listened to Pastor Kumuyi's video here on what is essential Christian principles and how traditions of men can be changed, I was heartened. But it seems even him can do nothing at this stage. The so-called church leaders have just made it clear by this 'apology' that they won't entertain any conversation.

http://www.romancemeetslife.com/2013/07/video-of-john-and-love-kumuyis-letter.html

Read the full text of the apology below -

June 22nd, 2013,
The Church Secretary,
Deeper Christain Life Ministry

LETTER OF APOLOGY

John and Love Kumuyi, write to express our deepest and most sincere apology for the turn of events, that have resulted on our traditional and wedding ceremonies, that took place in Jamaica on 13th June and 15th June, 2013 respectively.

We unreservedly and wholeheartedly state, that we did not intend that our acts or omissions will in any way undermine the great works that God has done through the Deeper Christian Life Ministry Worldwide and more specifically , through our Father in the Lord, the General Superintendent (GS).

We also use this medium to profusely and sincerely apologies to the general superintendent for the embarrassment and heartaches our actions have caused him, more so that he had earlier declined to be at the events.

We acknowledge that we may have been distracted by cultural differences, as both of us have been outside the country for the past two decades. This notwithstanding, we fully accept that having being nurtured, taught and brought up with the sound teaching of the word of God, we should have been able to draw the line, which we failed to do.

We have now realized the effects of our actions and omission and do plead with the church for forgiveness and also appealing that any action that should be taken be directed at John and Love, as we take this time to prayerfully reflect on our actions.

We take full responsibility for what happened, and this action should in no way be blamed on the GS, or the leaders of the church in Nigeria, United States, Jamaica or United Kingdom and beyond.

Yours Sincerely,

John and Love Kumuyi
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by rezzy: 8:13am On Jul 02, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

I just watched this video and all I can say is WOW !!

This is further proof that deeperlife is not a church but a CULT.

Their priority is tradition and not the gospel of grace , they have brought two young couples under condemnation, sent them into discipline and made them apologize , not to restore the reputation of Christ , but that of MAN and his ministry.

This is the most disgusting thing I have watched this year, quite plainly wicked and evil for turning a joyous occasion into a time of lament.

I repeat deeperlife is a CULT.

smiley

Are u now a judge?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by rezzy: 8:18am On Jul 02, 2013
biolabee: I have watched the video....

Scripture quoted: Titus 2: 11 - 15

Ameeting was convened by the national overseers of the church after the wedding
Some of them were also at the wedding and gave a report

The pastor announced that JOHN and LOVE KUMUYI DEVIATED FROM THE STANDARD

The issue is what is the standard and what did they deviate from

That dress is so modest

Then the letter of apology was read to the congragation

i will like more people to listen to it

i cant watch it on my system. What do i need to downlaod for me to watch it?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by hestillguides: 9:31am On Jul 02, 2013
For me this is not a right or wrong issue. Its about having a deep thought about the implications of your action. Obviously, John has a disagreement with the tradition set up by his father. And because he is an adult he is free to have his opinion. But you see you dont enforce your own rule in a house that you rented. The owner of the house makes the rule. If you dont agree with the owner the most dignified thing to do is leave. For me that is the point. Every church has a tradition and all of them are traditions of men. So I am also surprised that people are pointing fingers at Deeper life. Every church has a tradition. Even in the bible, the new testament, there were traditions, not necessarily Holy ghost inspired. The boy did wrong against the church. And why will the church not punish him. He should have left for another place if he thinks he is not okay with the church tradition. It is really not about whether it is right or wrong to wear anything.

On the other hand whether people agree or not wearing of make up, jewelries etc may in another context be a sin. This is because what I saw in the bible is this :-

In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array 1Timo 2:9
and
1 Peter3: 3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

So if a woman uses all the make up and gold but does not adorn herself with what this two authors recommended, she is not doing fine. Many have all the year fought for the gold, pearls and make up and never fought for the real thing that the Apostle were concerned about. So you see if Deeper life says their members shouldnt put on these things but also refuses to emphasis the real thing they are also not doing fine. But you know its God that will judge everyone weearing or not wearing make up ... but I think they will only be judge if they are doing whatever they are doing but not following what God recommnded through the two Apostle.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Afoskalex(m): 9:46am On Jul 02, 2013
biolabee: so DLBC has vehement defenders of tradition and men's doctrine like this

Deeper life brethren used to pride themselves as the modern day men of Isaachar who searched the scriptures themselves

Now they lie that the wedding was photoshopped

Now the 'sinners' have confessed// why the initial lie about photoshop?

The fire has really waxed cold leaving a dark residue of ash and legalism

it seems frosbel has indoctrinated you.So, that bible verse is applicable to DL that 'you shall be hated by men for my name sake...'.REPENT before the chance will be over.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Afoskalex(m): 9:54am On Jul 02, 2013
frosbel:

You sit in the judgement seat of Christ and proclaim me as lost , another person like you said he had withdrawn the grace of God from me on behalf of Christ. All I can say to you guys is God knows those who are his , I am his sheep even if that sheep is the lost sheep , I am not a follower of men and their agendas , I love and enjoy the simplicity that is in Christ Jesus.

Take your bondage and hypocrisy elsewhere.

wink
Thank God you know you're a lost sheep,Jesus will be glad if you can retrace your way back to calvary.I am not judging neither am I condemning you but what is coming out of your mouth shows hatred,envy,deception and lies, and you know who the father of liars and deception is.Pls, I am pleading with you remember where thou has fallen and rise again in the saving and restoring grace of Christ.A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by busolayemi: 9:57am On Jul 02, 2013
U guys shd jst drop dis arguement nd let tins be....if John and Love feel they have offended the church and apologised, I don't see y it's anybody's business....they reason they probably apologised is because they stil want to continue with the church...so yes, d apology is very necesary...and if u must kno, its more like a son that has offended his father...nothin wrong in apologising...or dint he cause his father some embarasment Abi wasn't it u people dat embarased his father because of his actions Dis young man isn't apologisin to God but his biological and spiritual father....its all good...pls free them abeg....and u mr Frosbel, I tink u need a well paying job. The one dat will take so much of ur time and won't give u the time to cum on nairaland and stir up unnecesary argument...for the record I aint a deeperlifer...so wen u want to reply me, kno wat u'll typ...cheers

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 02, 2013
busolayemi: U guys shd jst drop dis arguement nd let tins be....if John and Love feel they have offended the church and apologised, I don't see y it's anybody's business....they reason they probably apologised is because they stil want to continue with the church...so yes, d apology is very necesary...and if u must kno, its more like a son that has offended his father...nothin wrong in apologising...or dint he cause his father some embarasment Abi wasn't it u people dat embarased his father because of his actions Dis young man isn't apologisin to God but his biological and spiritual father....its all good...pls free them abeg....and u mr Frosbel, I tink u need a well paying job. The one dat will take so much of ur time and won't give u the time to cum on nairaland and stir up unnecesary argument...for the record I aint a deeperlifer...so wen u want to reply me, kno wat u'll typ...cheers

They only apologised because of the pressure from the outdated leadership, they of course should apologise only in the sense that they went against what their father preached , however we are called to please GOD and not MEN.

As a Christian, many times I have gone against my own fathers wishes because they do not align with the word of GOD.

As for employment, not only am I employed , I will also employ you if you need a JOB .

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 02, 2013
Afoskalex:
Thank God you know you're a lost sheep,Jesus will be glad if you can retrace your way back to calvary.I am not judging neither am I condemning you but what is coming out of your mouth shows hatred,envy,deception and lies, and you know who the father of liars and deception is.Pls, I am pleading with you remember where thou has fallen and rise again in the saving and restoring grace of Christ.A word is enough for the wise.

I never said I was a lost sheep my friend, I said 'even if I was one.'

Besides I am not hating on you as a person but exposing your system of control and obsession with the lives of your members . This controlling system is described in the bible as Lording it over the sheep and is contrary to Christ. Repent !!

"And don't let anyone call you 'Teacher,' for you have only one teacher, the Messiah" - Matthew 23;10

"But Jesus called them to him, and said, You know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority on them. 26But it shall not be so among you: but whoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; 27And whoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: " - Matthew 20:25-26

smiley

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by biolabee(m): 10:18am On Jul 02, 2013
Frankly I am insulted that you classify me as a person who has no mind of his own

We were here when someone released a bulletin claimed the pics were photoshopped

Now john and love has confessed

So who lied on behalf on deeper life

What is this standard that john and love kumuyi deviated from

Afoskalex:
it seems frosbel has indoctrinated you.So, that bible verse is applicable to DL that 'you shall be hated by men for my name sake...'.REPENT before the chance will be over.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 02, 2013
End of the matter is that the couple dressed modestly and had a wonderful marriage celebration.

Unfortunately , there are those among us who prefer misery to joy , and will not let this young couple enjoy their joyful day , instead they focus on their dressing and comportment .

This is what hypocrites and Pharisees are good at doing, straining at gnats ( trivial things ) and swallowing camels ( major issues ).

These religious people focus on the mundane and ignore the weightier matters of mercy , truth and judgement.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by busolayemi: 11:27am On Jul 02, 2013
At least now dat frosbel has decided its time d matter cum to a close...can we? Its srzly becomin annoyin abeg

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by biolabee(m): 12:25pm On Jul 02, 2013
So Deeper Lifers have perfected the act of covering up... where is the hope for the flock
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 02, 2013
^^^
They are lording it over God's flock contrary to scripture .

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by biolabee(m): 12:46pm On Jul 02, 2013
Please can a Deeper Life memberexpatiate further on this standard

I have gone through the doctrine and no mention is made of te standard

Excerpts Quoted below again....

http://www.deeperlife.ca/bibledoctrines/

From the parables and actual marriages in the Scripture, weddings were moments of rejoicing and feastings (Jeremiah 33:11; John 2:1-11; 3:29; Isaiah 62:5) and special garments were provided for the bridegroom, bride, and guests at the wedding (Matthew 22:12; Revelation 19:7,8 ).

Yet, Christian practice must be guided by the uniform teaching of Christian living in the New Testament (I Corinthians 7:29- 31; 6:12; 8:9,13; Romans 14:15; I John 2:6; 3:2-4). The believers therefore must shun every form of worldliness and worldly imitations in dressing and in the manner of entertaining guests. Simplicity and modesty must characterise the wedding in order that God’s name may be glorified.

is it the limo that is the issue

is it the veil that is the issue

Was alcohol or champagne served

is it the sunshades that John wore

is the wedding gown than Love wore

What is the issue exactly
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 02, 2013
So what should we say about the wedding of ISAAC and Rebekah.

This is the moment the servant of Abraham found the wife for ISAAC , let's see what happened next.

22 When the camels had finished drinking, the man took out a gold nose ring weighing a beka[c] and two gold bracelets weighing ten shekels.[d] 23 Then he asked, “Whose daughter are you? Please tell me, is there room in your father’s house for us to spend the night?”

24 She answered him, “I am the daughter of Bethuel, the son that Milkah bore to Nahor.” 25 And she added, “We have plenty of straw and fodder, as well as room for you to spend the night.”

26 Then the man bowed down and worshiped the Lord, 27 saying, “Praise be to the Lord, the God of my master Abraham, who has not abandoned his kindness and faithfulness to my master. As for me, the Lord has led me on the journey to the house of my master’s relatives.”

28 The young woman ran and told her mother’s household about these things. 29 Now Rebekah had a brother named Laban, and he hurried out to the man at the spring. 30 As soon as he had seen the nose ring, and the bracelets on his sister’s arms, and had heard Rebekah tell what the man said to her, he went out to the man and found him standing by the camels near the spring. 31 “Come, you who are blessed by the Lord,” he said. “Why are you standing out here? I have prepared the house and a place for the camels.”

52 When Abraham’s servant heard what they said, he bowed down to the ground before the Lord. 53 Then the servant brought out gold and silver jewelry and articles of clothing and gave them to Rebekah; he also gave costly gifts to her brother and to her mother. 54 Then he and the men who were with him ate and drank and spent the night there.

62 Now Isaac had come from Beer Lahai Roi, for he was living in the Negev. 63 He went out to the field one evening to meditate,[f] and as he looked up, he saw camels approaching. 64 Rebekah also looked up and saw Isaac. She got down from her camel 65 and asked the servant, “Who is that man in the field coming to meet us?”

“He is my master,” the servant answered. So she took her veil and covered herself.

66 Then the servant told Isaac all he had done. 67 Isaac brought her into the tent of his mother Sarah, and he married Rebekah. So she became his wife, and he loved her; and Isaac was comforted after his mother’s death - Genesis 24

Your wedding day is supposed to be a thing of joy not a time of misery and sadness.

Should deeper life not condemn Rebecca for wearing a nose ring, bracelets and jewellery undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by solar007: 4:57pm On Jul 02, 2013
frosbel:

They only apologised because of the pressure from the outdated leadership, they of course should apologise only in the sense that they went against what their father preached , however we are called to please GOD and not MEN.

As a Christian, many times I have gone against my own fathers wishes because they do not align with the word of GOD.

As for employment, not only am I employed , I will also employ you if you need a JOB .

smiley
Pls leave this people alone, let them say whatever they like to say. most of them knew nothing about religion or church denomination.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by seunlayi(m): 6:17pm On Jul 02, 2013
no matter what, the Church is marching on and the gate of hell shall not prevail

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by PastorKun(m): 6:34pm On Jul 02, 2013
seunlayi: no matter what, the Church is marching on and the gate of hell shall not prevail

Which church are you referring to here? Jesus christ's church or Kumuyi's church?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 02, 2013
seunlayi: no matter what, the Church is marching on and the gate of hell shall not prevail

You better start following Jesus bro.

smiley
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by seunlayi(m): 9:41pm On Jul 02, 2013
frosbel:

You better start following Jesus bro.

smiley
I do follow man before I met christ but now, I have decided to follow Jesus, dlcm is my church and I don t see anything that will make me turn back.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by DeeperdanNY: 9:44pm On Jul 02, 2013
[quote author=biolabee]quote]

But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 02, 2013
seunlayi: I do follow man before I met christ but now, I have decided to follow Jesus, dlcm is my church and I don t see anything that will make me turn back.

Are you a member of the universal church of Christ ?

Is everyone in deeperlife saved ? Do you realise that if some deeperlife members are not saved , the believers who are members are actually fellow-shipping with unbelievers, something which the bible discourages.

So which church do you belong to brother, church of GOD led by Christ or church of MEN led by MEN ?

Brotherly LOVE,

Frosbel.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Image123(m): 10:09pm On Jul 02, 2013
frosbel:

Is everyone in deeperlife saved ? Do you realise that if some deeperlife members are not saved , the believers who are members are actually fellow-shipping with unbelievers, something which the bible discourages.

So which church do you belong to brother, church of GOD led by Christ or church of MEN led by MEN ?

Brotherly LOVE,

Frosbel.
so where you fellowship, there are no sinners there? i guess you have no idea what fellowship means. Someone who doesn't know if he has eternal life is talking of brotherly love. Indeed,
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 02, 2013
Image123:
so where you fellowship, there are no sinners there? i guess you have no idea what fellowship means. Someone who doesn't know if he has eternal life is talking of brotherly love. Indeed,

what is eternal life ?

In fact , what is eternal , let's start with that one first !

smiley
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 02, 2013
Image123:

"But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people." - 1 Corinthians 5:11

"and have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather even reprove them;" - Ephesians 5:11
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Image123(m): 10:24pm On Jul 02, 2013
frosbel:

Brotherly LOVE,

Frosbel.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by flourishG(m): 12:26am On Jul 03, 2013
Image123:
I thought u re doing da book Romans.who is a sinner?a christian?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by seunlayi(m): 6:06am On Jul 03, 2013
frosbel:

Brotherly LOVE,

Frosbel.
if I may ask you bro, can u tell me about a place of worship where everybody is saved? How do you personally fish out somebody that is not saved when the bible ask us not to judge........? We just have to stand firm on you personal faith with God - MYOB. Do you every realised that the bible has never ruled out hypocritical tendencies among the so called believers? Jesus himself personally experienced this too (Judas Iscariot)

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by shdemidemi(m): 6:35am On Jul 03, 2013
flourishG: I thought u re doing da book Romans.who is a sinner?a christian?

Image123 surprises me with some religious statements. You would naturally expect him to see things in the light of th gospel considering the fact that he is doing a summary of the book of romans.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by seunlayi(m): 2:35pm On Jul 03, 2013
if I may ask you bro, can u tell me about a place of worship where everybody is saved? How do you personally fish out somebody that is not saved when the bible ask us not to judge........? We just have to stand firm on you personal faith with God - MYOB. Do you every realised that the bible has never ruled out hypocritical tendencies among the so called believers? Jesus himself personally experienced this too (Judas Iscariot)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Dwarf RCCG Pastor & Barrister Weds In Abuja Today (Photos) / Dead Body Of Eunice Mojisola Olawale Killed In Abuja While Preaching. / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.