Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,912 members, 7,835,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Woman Beater - How To Know Them - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Woman Beater - How To Know Them (18936 Views)

Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater / Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater / Should I Give This Woman Beater A Second Chance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by Dreloaded(f): 7:42pm On May 15, 2008
4 Play:

End of story!If Yoruba women can easily pack up and leave,the next time I hear a Yoruba woman rant about "society" again. grin Simply pack up and leave if you have such a husband.If you are staying,don't blame society ever again.

Im just speaking on behalf of the women of other tribes too. After all Nigeria doesnt just comprise of stubborn Yoruba women. The others need a voice for them as well.  tongue
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by sheniqua: 7:43pm On May 15, 2008
D-reloaded:

care to quote where I said they SHOULD stay? I was just giving reasons on why I believe they DO feel the need to stay. I wish most of them wouldnt but they do and i was luisting reasons why they might stick with such BS. Personally I wouldnt and hope no one else would. I already explained why she probably never called the cops but you chose to ignore it. Na your own

Neither do western women leave abusive husbands at the first physical abuse.
I'm sure we all have countless examples.
reloaded I've come to the conclusion that all men are innately prone to physical abuse
but there are many who can control themselves.
Speak with any man about abuse his first statement will be "who knows what the woman did" ?
And the responses on this thread butress my point.

On one hand they say abuse is wrong and on the other hand the woman is blamed for pushing his buttons and for not having the spine to leave while the underlying question should be why a man would hit and kick his own wife?
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by 4Him1(m): 7:44pm On May 15, 2008
D-reloaded:

I'm just speaking on behalf of the women of other tribes too. After all Nigeria doesnt just comprise of stubborn Yoruba women. The others need a voice for them as well.  tongue

Igbo women dont need a voice, i think to an extent they are even more independent than yoruba women.
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by 4Play(m): 7:47pm On May 15, 2008
D-reloaded:

I'm just speaking on behalf of the women of other tribes too. After all Nigeria doesnt just comprise of stubborn Yoruba women. The others need a voice for them as well. tongue

My "fellow" inmate of the island of denial,welcome. grin Atleast,I have gotten you to admit that in yorubaland,women don't face criticism for leaving their husband. Any abused Yoruba woman is only staying because she is spineless not because of societal pressures.Thank you for your honesty.

@Sheniqua,over to you.Are you going to admit that there are many no-nonsense divorced Igbo women living back home who won't tolerate abuse or are you going to continue insisting that most women have no choice?
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by Dreloaded(f): 7:48pm On May 15, 2008
4 Him:

Igbo women don't need a voice, i think to an extent they are even more independent than yoruba women.

get out of here and stop trying to defend your mother jare and Igbos arent the only tribe in Nigeria either

"Dalemosu" only exist in Yoruba land and such women arent looked down upon.

I got into a heated arguement with some other dude about this same crap and his response is that Yoruba women are crazy and stubborn and if someone hits them or cheats they are quick to leave the person and their parents will accept them back as opposed to other parts of the country

Since when is that a bad thing, abegi.  cool

Speak with any man about abuse his first statement will be "who knows what the woman did" ?

You are right. Guys that say such things seriously CREEP me out.  undecided
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by tboy1(m): 7:49pm On May 15, 2008
4 Play:

I can understand if we are talking of some illiterate women in a Fulani village but a Nigerian woman living in the West?
There are many no-nonsense Nigerian women living in villages whose husbands won't even dare touch them.Is their own societal climate different? These spineless women need to learn one or two things from these women.
Haven't you seen Nigerian women who beat up their husbands?

smiley
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by sheniqua: 7:50pm On May 15, 2008
I would hate to have this degenerate into tribal fights.
cases of Nigerian women that have been doused by acids or killed by husbands are not limited to any tribe.
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by Dreloaded(f): 7:52pm On May 15, 2008
4 Play:

My "fellow" inmate of the island of denial,welcome. grin Atleast,I have gotten you to admit that in yorubaland,women don't face criticism for leaving their husband. Any abused Yoruba woman is only staying because she is spineless not because of societal pressures.Thank you for your honesty.

Those ones are held by the shackles of Religion which is probably even worse.

*flies over the island* tongue
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by 4Him1(m): 7:52pm On May 15, 2008
tboy, who told you that its only lazy people that are spineless?  grin

D-reloaded:

I got into a heated arguement with some other dude about this same crap and his response is that Yoruba women are crazy and stubborn and if someone hits them or cheats they are quick to leave the person and their parents will accept them back as opposed to other parts of the country

Since when is that a bad thing, abegi.  cool

It is not a bad thing, the only problem is when the woman is too quick to take the easy way out especially if this was a one off incident.
Yoruba women have a lot of spunk, i credit them for that.
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by cuteNhot(f): 7:52pm On May 15, 2008
is there a way to look at a man and know
if he is a rapist?
is there a way to look at an individual and know his/her
temperament?
the answer to both question is "No"
and as such it is impossible to look at a man and knw if he beats women.
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by 4Play(m): 7:53pm On May 15, 2008
D-reloaded:

get out of here and stop trying to defend your mother jare and Igbos arent the only tribe in Nigeria either

"Dalemosu" only exist in Yoruba land and such women arent looked down upon.

Since when is that a bad thing, abegi. cool

You are right. Guys that say such things seriously CREEP me out. undecided

You are actually wrong.Word on the street,if you are looking for women to clobber into polygamous marriage or use as some form of quasi-footmat,Yoruba women are much easier than Igbo women .

I am taking their advice,not that I want polygamy for myself. grin
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by tboy1(m): 7:54pm On May 15, 2008
4 Him:

tboy, who told you that its only lazy people that are spineless? grin

whateva, u know what im talking about grin grin
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by sheniqua: 7:54pm On May 15, 2008
tboy1:

I-man grin grin

The main reason she wanted to stay with him was because of the kid, she was worried she wont get any one who will want to marry her because she already had a kid.

The question i have to the single ladies without any child involved is why do they stay in this type of relationship because i don't think it has anything to do with them being spineless, most of these ladies in abusive relationship are hardworking and you'll even be surprised that some of them are the ones supporting the family or supporting the punk ass dude.

You sound very intelligent.
just go to google and see cases of Nigerian women murdered by their husbands and ex husbands here in the USA.
and in most of them she was the main breadwinner and finally had the "spine" to leave and was then hacked to death.
some people shouting leave leave think it's the solution.
Some women have been killed while exiting the courthouse with restraning orders.
Oya spin that one @ 4play
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by Dreloaded(f): 7:57pm On May 15, 2008
The question i have to the single ladies without any child involved is why do they stay in this type of relationship because i don't think it has anything to do with them being spineless, most of these ladies in abusive relationship are hardworking and you'll even be surprised that some of them are the ones supporting the family or supporting the punk ass dude.

Who bloody knows. Blind Love, Parents, Desperation, Low Self Esteem

Really, the whole situation in general is quite depressing when you think about it fully.
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by 4Play(m): 7:57pm On May 15, 2008
@sheniqua

What about all the girls who slapped me?Make I confess,na wetin dey vex me grin grin I have had a mobile phone thrown at me and slapped before by 2 girls,one of them,from Abia state and nobody wants to speak up for men like us. grin

I'm only interested in my personal experience,when I have a daughter,I can worry about you people.
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by 4Him1(m): 7:58pm On May 15, 2008
sheniqua:

some people shouting leave leave think it's the solution.

to leave or not to leave depends on the situation. If the husband is not known to be violent or this is a one off then that can be easily worked out between the two or with counseling.
But 6 yrs of constant abuse? Go to the police.
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by StephenP(m): 7:58pm On May 15, 2008
cute_N_hot:

if he is a rapist?
temperament?

[size=13pt]You're right. It's impossible. That's why I think women and men should have a long courtship period at least like a year and a half so that they can get to know everything about their to be spouses. If he is a beater, within that length of time, he would have shown some traits of a wife beater.[/size]
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 15, 2008
tboy1:

I-man grin grin

The main reason she wanted to stay with him was because of the kid, she was worried she wont get any one who will want to marry her because she already had a kid.

Maybe the beatings and bashings are massages to their bodies, you never can tell undecided
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by Busta(f): 8:02pm On May 15, 2008
4 Play:

@sheniqua

What about all the girls who slapped me?Make I confess,na wetin dey vex me grin grin I have had a mobile phone thrown at me and slapped before by 2 girls,one of them,from Abia state and nobody wants to speak up for men like us. grin

I'm only interested in my personal experience,when I have a daughter,I can worry about you people.

a girl slapped u? shocked grin grin

no let pple hear u abeg grin grin
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by sheniqua: 8:02pm On May 15, 2008
A Nigerian woman was found murdered in a Burtonsville, Maryland, U.S. home she lived with her husband and three children. Police responding to a report of an unconscious woman, found the lifeless body of 36-year-old Chidiebere Omenihu Ochulo around 2:30 a.m, Monday at their home. There was no sign of her 41-year-old husband, Kelechi Charles Emeruwa and their three children. Mr. Emeruwa was seen washing a blood stained knife according to unconfirmed reports. He was believed to have fled the city with the children.
Police on failing to locate Mr. Emeruwa and the children at their home, commenced a manhunt for the suspect and issued an Amber Alert on the missing children. The children who share the last name Emeruwa, are Elijah(4), Antinnoe(6) and Jachi(cool. Amber Alert is a U.S. voluntary partnership program between law-enforcement agencies, broadcasters, and transportation agencies to activate an urgent bulletin in the most serious child-abduction cases. Broadcasters use the Emergency Alert System (EAS) to air a description of the abducted child and suspected abductor.

The deceased had filed domestic violence complaints with authorities in the past, also called the police to their home on several occasions Emeruwa was abusive to her. In January 2006, Emeruwa was charged with second-degree assault for head-butting his wife twice in the lip, according to court documents filed in Prince George’s County. The troubled relationship made Emeruwa’s family members concerned of Ochulo's safety.

http://www.africamasterweb.com/AdSense/NigerianKillsWifeMdUS.html
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 15, 2008
What are the signs that a man will be a woman beater
there are no signs,even the quiet men ,those that don't talk beat women like hell,and those that are not quiet still beat,if u want to know just try and provoke d guy to d extreme,when i say extreme i mean,try to really piss him off,if he forgets a slap on your cheek then know that he is a woman beater
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by 4Play(m): 8:06pm On May 15, 2008
Busta:

a girl slapped u? shocked grin grin

no let people hear u abeg grin grin

I am still too bitter to pity you women.Lets discuss why women like to resort to violence instead grin One threw a mobile phone on me while I was driving and you people want me to shut up.
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by sheniqua: 8:08pm On May 15, 2008
In Grand Prairie, a suburb of Dallas, Texas, Mrs. Monireti Abeni Akeredolu, a 46-year old Nigerian lady met her untimely death in the hands of her estranged husband, Mr. Ebenezer Akeredolu, Sr., 48, on Thursday night, September 8, 2005. This was a day after her birthday.

Despondently, Mr. Tuiru Ali, an uncle to the deceased told Champion Newspapers, “My niece was an easy going lady and she respected everyone.” He continued, “Her husband drove all the way from Atlanta for about 13 hours to end her life.”

Choking in disgust, Ali, originally from Ondo State said, “Abeni Akeredolu had been experiencing domestic violence in her home; it had been going on for a long time, but each time I confronted her husband with it, he would deny it. You know, culturally she did not want to report her husband to the police so that she would not carry the stigma of someone that reports her husband to police. In fact, I share in the blame for not asking her to report the domestic violence to the police so that an appropriate action could be taken.”

Describing the horror, Tuiru said, “They were separated; I’ve been in this country for about 13 years and I’ve not experienced anything like this.” “I miss her,” Ali concluded.

Apparently, Ebenezer Akeredolu, Sr., who lives in Atlanta Georgia, was casing his estranged wife for her daily routine. When he found the opportune time to commit his heinous act, he emptied four bullets on her and left her dying in a pool of blood. She died in the driver’s seat in her car. The surviving son, Ebenezer Akeredolu, Jr., 13, is now left without both parents as Mr. Ebenezer Akeredolu, Sr., is remanded in police custody.
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by Busta(f): 8:08pm On May 15, 2008
4 Play:

I am still too bitter to pity you women.Lets discuss why women like to resort to violence instead grin One threw a mobile phone on me while I was driving and you people want me to shut up.

ha . .  thats serious oh

question: What did u do to them to warrant that assult?
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 15, 2008
4 Play:

Nothing wrong in running to a help center or dialling 911 because a girl threw a phone a you.
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 15, 2008
I am still too bitter to pity you women.Lets discuss why women like to resort to violence instead Grin One threw a mobile phone on me while I was driving and you people want me to shut up.
@4him
are u sure u did not try putting ur hands in her local government area,and dat was y she flinged d fone ur way,i guess she did dat to protect herself
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by sheniqua: 8:11pm On May 15, 2008
on August 10, 2005 in Euless, a suburb of Dallas, another Nigerian husband, a 45-year old Johnny Omorogieva murdered his wife, Mrs. Isatu Omorogieva, 35, by savagely striking her on the head numerous times with a hammer in the full view of his 7-year old daughter. Unfortunately, the surviving children, an 8-year-old boy and a girl were in the custody of Child Protective Services (CPS) pending the determination of next of kin, whom would assume the custody of the children.

It is sad! No one deserves to die in the hands of another no matter the family situation. Most importantly, no child deserves to lose a parent in the manner Ebenezer Akeredolu, Jr. and Omorogieva’s children lost theirs.
http://www.kwenu.com/publications/orabuchi/nigerian_marriages.htm
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by 4Play(m): 8:13pm On May 15, 2008
Busta:

ha . . thats serious oh

question: What did u do to them to warrant that assult?

You see? Look at the kind of question you are asking.There is nothing that should "warrant" physical assault from either side.

If a man slaps a woman,your question won't be,"what did the woman do to him"? I am appalled. . .I have right to tell "jokes" without having a mobile phone thrown at me or receiving a slap for my trouble. sad
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by sheniqua: 8:13pm On May 15, 2008
Thursday, April 6, 2006

It has happened again! Another Nigerian marriage ended deadly in Garland, Texas on Saturday, March 25, 2007. A Nigerian has abruptly ended the life of his wife in Garland, Dallas metropolitan area, Texas. Mr. Theophilus Ojukwu, 46, of Enugwu-Agu, Ihe in Awgu LGA, Enugu State, on Saturday, March 25, 2006, cut short  his wife’s life in their Garland home. Reportedly, Melvina Ojukwu, 36, of Umuanebe, Ihe, Awgu LGA, died from a blunt-force trauma to the head. http://www.kwenu.com/publications/orabuchi/2006/14nigerian_killswife.htm
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by Dreloaded(f): 8:15pm On May 15, 2008
4 Play:

You are actually wrong.Word on the street,if you are looking for women to clobber into polygamous marriage or use as some form of quasi-footmat,Yoruba women are much easier than Igbo women .

I am taking their advice,not that I want polygamy for myself. grin

footmat? You wish. Berra tell your sources to wake up. I have no problem saying that we can be quite crazy. I hear it being said about the women all the time.

polygamy, I fail to see what that has to do with abuse esp if the women goes into it willingly. quite a number of polygamous family that are quite happy. Surely I would never put myself into such a situation but whatever. na their own. Point is if they want to leave, they can. Btw polygamy isnt just limited to Yorubas alone. Im sure you are aware of this
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by 4Play(m): 8:16pm On May 15, 2008
stillwater:

Nothing wrong in running to a help center or dialling 911 because a girl threw a phone a you.

Nothing wrong in also discussing violent women which I fully intend to continue raising.Rubbish.
Re: Woman Beater - How To Know Them by Dreloaded(f): 8:17pm On May 15, 2008
if he is a rapist?
temperament?

Jamaicans are known world wide for hitting their women, jammin.

At least we can put that on the list as a sign. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Revealed! Curvy Women Enjoy Sex More Than Slim Ones. / Guys, This Fresh Girls "Toto" Will Make You Wet / “I Will Never Marry Or Date A Nigerian Woman Again!”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.