Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,948 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) (10422 Views)

N5k Or Employments And Infrastructures Which One Is Preferably / (photos)ABA BAD Roads And People Suffering / Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) by nuclearboy(m): 4:10pm On Jul 03, 2013
django1: Shymexx let me tell you something about those old structures you're looking at, most of them are family houses, where more than 15 families claim as their family compound. Why they don't renovate it I don't know, but what I know is, even to sell it is a big problem, because no one single person, not even the Mogaji can do anything without the approval of other arms of the family, you can imagine that most people were polygamous back then, those are many of the hindrances to the quick development of the ancient part of ibadan.

Many of the children of owners of those building live in better houses themselves in newer parts of the city.

Senator Lanlehin for example, repaired his family house and repainted it, but he never changed the roofs, its not about not being able to change it but not wanting to change it.

I'll try and a get a picture of that building at 'ode oolo' along 'oniyanrin' area.

To support your assertion, someone showed me a former governor's house (at Eleta area) - I was DAZED! OLD. With a shrine right in front of it. These are extremely wealthy people who can transform not just their own homes but indeed the entire area. Yet all done was provision of a borehole and tarred road past the house.

For some strange reason, seems the families insist and so, its only when the old brigade is totally wiped out that development comes and that usually is outright sale of the properties.

Its incongruous
Re: Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) by IGBOSON1: 4:15pm On Jul 03, 2013
rodeo0070: Guys guys... Your pictures are killing the beauty of these roads. They are far better than what I'm seeing here. I de come make me self come show...LOL.

^^^They need Spyders type of camera.
Re: Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 03, 2013
ShyM-X:

Next time - learn how to shut the fvck up and speak when you're asked to. Only primitive and uncouth hicks jump into convos without asking for permission to speak.

Now run along!! undecided

guy, take am easy nah. Its not a reprimanding matter
Re: Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) by T8ksy(m): 4:26pm On Jul 03, 2013
Lovely to see pictures of the old and new ibadan. Does anyone have pictures of Oke Ado road, Oke Bola

area (where i grew up before moving on to Lagos),Oke padi area to upload? Would love to go back memory lane. Thanks in

advance.

Must add that though i love the new ibadan look, i just wish those solely responsible for the development of the city give

a thought to its drainage problems too. Come to think of it, what happened to Ogunpa river? I remembered it used to get

overflowed every raining season culminating in the loss of many souls and destruction of properties. It was a real menace

then as people people used to dump their rubbish there in the dry seasons. I lived on Osoba street and i remember many

times standing on the 3rd floor balcony of my maternal g/mother's house watching as the river overflows on to the street

and the ground flow apartments along the street all the way to oke ado. Last time i was in the area, it had been turned

unwittingly of course, into one big dumping ground about 2 stories high and 5 blocks wide. I could smell the area from the

rear of Ibadan Boy's High school!
Re: Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 03, 2013
ShyM-X:

She's a handsome-looking and elephantiasis-of-the-face having tranny from Enugu, with a little willy, who gets her beards sweaty every time there's a thread about Yoruba people.

These pillocks don't even know that the more the negative energy they give out about other people, the more people start to hate them - law of equilibrium.

I used to create threads about one-Nigeria and black people coming together as one when I joined this forum cos there's power in number. But muthafvk these annoying people - I can't stand most of them! undecided

u create threads about one-nigeria, wtf! So, after Lord Lugard, na u go be the next criminal?

One Nigeria? Forget it, its long gone.
Me, handsome looking, dats cute. Infact It would have made more sense than all these ,' NG u are beautiful' ish that ppl tell me
Re: Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 03, 2013
Well i know ibadan inside out from monatan to bere, ojaba, molete, apata, omi, dugbe etc...but i won't derail until the word 'IGBO' comes out from some nasty mouths. Thank you all as you all behave well.
Re: Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 03, 2013
dozzybaba: Well i know ibadan inside out from monatan to bere, ojaba, molete, apata, omi, dugbe etc...but i won't derail until the word 'IGBO' comes out from some nasty mouths. Thank you all as you all behave well.

Lol! Are you alright? Who are you threatening here?
If you don't have pictures to contribute pls move over!

1 Like

Re: Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 03, 2013
django1:

Lol! Are you alright? Who are you threatening here?
If you don't have pictures to contribute pls move over!
Dats my contribution, i'm not a pics scavenger. Just don't cross the line. Comprende?
Re: Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 03, 2013
ngozievergreen:
u create threads about one-nigeria, wtf! So, after Lord Lugard, na u go be the next criminal?

One Nigeria? Forget it, its long gone.
Me, handsome looking, dats cute. Infact It would have made more sense than all these ,' NG u are beautiful' ish that ppl tell me

I guess that's how your men like their women in that part of the world. They like them looking manly with excessive testosterone induced muscles and hairiness.

Anyway, I'm glad you're happy with your handsomeness, the bitter and bigoted ngozieverdumb. Ever spewing vitriol, ever running around these sides like a charva without caravan, and ever a hillbilly. grin
Re: Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) by mandarin: 5:00pm On Jul 03, 2013
I do not subscribe to the etnocentric dimension of this talk.Ibadan is a lovely city and by Nigeria's standard a really large city which can accommodate some five to ten other cities considering how its houses are packed. I do not think its wise comparing Ibadan with any other city in southern Nigeria because beside metropolitan Lagos its size can swallow many other cities combined. WHAT SHOULD BE FOCUSED ON is its changing faces and its possibilities
Re: Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 03, 2013
geeez: One thing people fail to realize is that Oyo State's landmass is almost the same with all the states of the SE put together

What this means is that should you see one in four houses being modern, it means all the modern houses in Oyo put together cannot fit space-wise into the biggest state in the SE

Its almost interesting that KFC will open in Ibadan ahead of any SE state.

Shoprite has also opened there are banks in the state are a lot more than you'll find anywhere else in Nigeria apart from Lagos

This can only mean that Oyo State is more commercial than any of the states people have chosen to compare it to

Check out this link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-16510922
Re: Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) by dayokanu(m): 5:14pm On Jul 03, 2013
Aji sebi Oyo laari
Re: Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 03, 2013
We can do better wink
Re: Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) by Abagworo(m): 5:18pm On Jul 03, 2013
The Governor is trying. Saw some of these pictures on the net.

Re: Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) by RareDiamond: 6:49pm On Jul 03, 2013
@ ABAGWORO THOSE ARE PICTURES OF OWERRI. THE COMMERCIAL BUS HAS IMO TRANSPORT COMPANY WRITTEN ON IT. OWERRI IS BEAUTIFUL. IBADAN CANNOT BE COMPARED TO OWERRI IN TERMS OF BEAUTY. DONT POST PICTURES OF OWERRI IN THIS IBADAN THREAD.

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 03, 2013
Rare Diamond: @ ABAGWORO THOSE ARE PICTURES OF OWERRI. THE COMMERCIAL BUS HAS IMO TRANSPORT COMPANY WRITTEN ON IT. OWERRI IS BEAUTIFUL. IBADAN IS CANNOT BE COMPARED TO OWERRI IN TERMS OF BEAUTY. DONT POST PICTURES OF OWERRI IN THIS IBADAN THREAD.

Mr man, pls take your owerri and stick it where the sun does not shine.

@abagworo, if those aint IB pls take it down.
Re: Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 03, 2013
I came into Ibadan in 2006 and i can tell you that the kind of rapid growth and infrastructural development taking place now is unprecedented.To the poster,i want to say you did a good job but the pictures are old seems to have been taken in April,The roads that you have shown on the pics if you go there now you will not recall if you ever passed there.
Ajumobi have done a great work and deserves a second term.

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) by Horus(m): 9:00pm On Jul 03, 2013

Heritage Mall
Re: Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 03, 2013
Rare Diamond: @ ABAGWORO THOSE ARE PICTURES OF OWERRI. THE COMMERCIAL BUS HAS IMO TRANSPORT COMPANY WRITTEN ON IT. OWERRI IS BEAUTIFUL. IBADAN IS CANNOT BE COMPARED TO OWERRI IN TERMS OF BEAUTY. DONT POST PICTURES OF OWERRI IN THIS IBADAN THREAD.
Well that is ibadan. Those are imo transport buses that ply ibadan-owerri.
Re: Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) by Horus(m): 9:30pm On Jul 03, 2013

5 Star Hotel under construction
Re: Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) by eggheaders(m): 9:56pm On Jul 03, 2013
guess who is back its the eggheaders. thanks to sexkids for the break raphead has been giving until christmas to make a comeback. sexkid do you gat more.
Re: Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) by Pukkah: 10:30pm On Jul 03, 2013
dayokanu: Aji sebi Oyo laari

Honestly, I commend Ajimobi for trying to return Oyo to its 'pace-setting' days.

In terms of infrastructure, what Ajimobi's govt has done in just 2 years is more than what the trio of Adesina, Ladoja and Akala did in 12 years. Yet, he's been able to do all thse without putting the state into debt.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) by Pukkah: 10:31pm On Jul 03, 2013
dayokanu: Aji sebi Oyo laari

Honestly, I commend Ajimobi for trying to return Oyo to its 'pace-setting' days.

In terms of infrastructure, what Ajimobi's govt has done in just 2 years is more than what the trio of Adesina, Ladoja and Akala did in 12 years. Yet, he's been able to do all these without putting the state into debt.
Re: Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) by delpee(f): 11:17pm On Jul 03, 2013
Nice pics! Ibadan has truly changed drastically. Each time i visit now theres something new!
Those who want to see modern structures/mansions should visit New Bodija, Iyaganku, Ashi, Akobo, Oluyole, Ring Rd area, Idi Ishin, Jericho, Agodi GRA, Idi Ape etc. Most of the elites and young achievers live in those places. The intellectuals who relocated abroad in the 80s also have their houses in those quiet layouts.

Anyway the fact that the roads are wider and clean is enough to gladden the heart. One can now drive through the old city from Gate to Ring rd without encountering any major 'go slow'.

I wonder if Apata/Moor Plantation area has changed too.
Re: Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) by passion007: 7:35am On Jul 04, 2013
It's nice to stumble on this thread. Nuclear boy, django et al, nice job. It is okay to post good and bad pictures of your city despite criticisms. I was surprised to hear from a Yoruba friend that the city of Ibadan has, not 4 or 5, but 11 local government areas. Therefore I don't suppose her having a higher-than-average number of sub-par settlements comes as a surprise. Another poster once exposed the bad infrastructure in Onicha, and barely a year later, the Government has taken great steps towards solving those issues, and the residents are the better for it.
Re: Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 04, 2013
ShyM-X:

I guess that's how your men like their women in that part of the world. They like them looking manly with excessive testosterone induced muscles and hairiness.

Anyway, I'm glad you're happy with your handsomeness, the bitter and bigoted ngozieverdumb. Ever spewing vitriol, ever running around these sides like a charva without caravan, and ever a hillbilly. grin

guy, its not a yabbing matter. This is negative energy. Channel ur energy into turning 'ur large eyesore of a city ' into sth worth looking at.

D fact that u ppl think ibadan is fine connotes beta with poverty mentality.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) by eggheaders(m): 8:40am On Jul 04, 2013
ngozievergreen:

guy, its not a yabbing matter. This is negative energy. Channel ur energy into turning 'ur large eyesore of a city ' into sth worth looking at.

D fact that u ppl think ibadan is fine connotes beta with poverty mentality.

hey mgbeke yam leg look in the mirror and see yourself all the energy you been using to hate yorubas forum wide. you must be high on haterine far higher dosage then the beret wearing ishebe gat in his bloodstream. damn see this mgbeke calling ibadan eyesore jeez ain't this low lifes the inhabitants of shyteholes like opoko, awada, akunnie, woliwo, ochanga, fegge and other place fit for only animals, akwa their state capital self na 35 % village I.e awambia, achalla e.t.c. don't just go there you know I have been murdering you time immemorial on this lane.

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 04, 2013
nuclearboy:

To support your assertion, someone showed me a former governor's house (at Eleta area) - I was DAZED! OLD. With a shrine right in front of it. These are extremely wealthy people who can transform not just their own homes but indeed the entire area. Yet all done was provision of a borehole and tarred road past the house.

For some strange reason, seems the families insist and so, its only when the old brigade is totally wiped out that development comes and that usually is outright sale of the properties.

Its incongruous

That's very true.
Re: Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) by dayokanu(m): 8:48am On Jul 04, 2013
Pukkah:

In terms of infrastructure, what Ajimobi's govt has done in just 2 years is more than what the trio of Adesina, Ladoja and Akala did in 12 years. Yet, he's been able to do all thse without putting the state into debt.

Spoke to my mom some days back and she was like

Ajimobi n try ooo, Ka ma paro man yen gbiyanju, Gbogbo Ibadan lo ti change even awa retirees o tin sanwo wa die die. Mo hope pe won a je ko se second term
Re: Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) by Pukkah: 8:56am On Jul 04, 2013
dayokanu:

Spoke to my mom some days back and she was like

Ajimobi n try ooo, Ka ma paro man yen gbiyanju, Gbogbo Ibadan lo ti change even awa retirees o tin sanwo wa die die. Mo hope pe won a je ko se second term

The feedback I've been getting is also along that line.

But I have a concern about the determination of some backward individuals who want to frustrate his second term. And I've been asking myself, 'I hope there's no jinx or curse on this state'.

How can anyone in his right senses be trying tofrustrate this kind of man? Lam Adesina's tenure was lack lustre. Ladoja's was sleepy and Akala's was not memorable.

Now, here comes a man that hit the ground running and some people want to frustrate him.
Re: Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 04, 2013
Pukkah:

The feedback I've been getting is also along that line.

But I have a concern about the determination of some backward individuals who want to frustrate his second term. And I've been asking myself, 'I hope there's no jinx or curse on this state'.

How can anyone in his right senses be trying tofrustrate this kind of man? Lam Adesina's tenure was lack lustre. Ladoja's was sleepy and Akala's was not memorable.

Now, here comes a man that hit the ground running and some people want to frustrate him.

That's it my man, some people feed from unrest and disorganisation.

For example, the lock up stores the govt. Wants to build at alawo/agbani is been frustrated by people who collects money from traders that operate by the road side. It was supposed to be built by a brazilian company or so, but up till now they couldn't do anything because of those people.
Re: Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures) by RareDiamond: 9:08am On Jul 04, 2013
honey86:
Well that is ibadan. Those are imo transport buses that ply ibadan-owerri.

THOSE PICTURES ARE NOT OF IBADAN BUT OF OWERRI, PRECISELY NEW OWERRI AROUND IKEMBA OJUKWU CONVENTION CENTRE. IMO TRANSPORT COMPANY DOESN'T GO TO IBADAN AND THAT IS NOT LAGOS - IBADAN ROAD. GO TO THREADS ON IMO STATE AND YOU WOULD SEE THESAME PICTURES. GO TO OWERRI AND YOU WOULD SEE BEAUTY AT IT'S PEAK.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Edo: You Are Campaigning For Me – Iduoriyekemwen To Ize-iyamu / Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan / Gbenga Olawepo And Fela Durotoye: The Clash Of New Political Titans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.