Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB (35413 Views)

Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others / What Governor Amaechi Wore To A Campaign Rally Today / Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB by Toktee(m): 7:33pm On Jul 03, 2013
JuicyGee:

smh.. You can never please human. Is he not better dan de ones dat didn't give at all? Besides he can't do everything at once. A new Governor can always start from whr he stops. Need i remind yu, Ameachi is one of de best governors.

A Rivers state babe telling chu wassup cheesy
Thanks babe,don't mind pdp attack dogs on NL
Re: Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB by midetinz(m): 7:39pm On Jul 03, 2013
Is someone contemplating having a kidney failure? Sure money and way to hammer!
Re: Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 03, 2013
As much as i applaud his gesture,we all know its for political reasons otherwise why cant Amaechi pay outstanding allowances of batch C, A and B corp members that served in his state.
Re: Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB by achu442(m): 7:44pm On Jul 03, 2013
funky19: He should upgrade the hospitals in his State there are many people dying daily cos they hv no access to funds and are not in d spotlight.therefore they can't raise money for their treatment.I'm not impressed.
mind u,In Rivers State,medicals is free for both indigenes and non-indigenes

2 Likes

Re: Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB by Vsom: 7:51pm On Jul 03, 2013
I hp d money donated was 4m his pocket..
The real question here is,
Hw many Nigerians hv and are dyin 4m d same sickness or ones lesser than dt cuz of poor medical facilities in Rivers state? Afta reckless spendin and takin unhealthy drugs and weeds,they (celebrities) wil cal on us wit d advert 'SAVE ME'.. I pray itz alwayz near election tym,so dt our alwayz ready-to-campaign politics wil alwayz take care of it 4 fame.
Re: Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB by zhirinmai(m): 7:54pm On Jul 03, 2013
Datz good, and God bless evry bdy dat took their time to pray, donate... 4 OJB to stay alive. Bt dis OJB money no va ova complete undecided undecided
Re: Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 03, 2013
Why?
The misplacement of priorities continues. Nigerians have no direction and no purpose. I have nothing against this man and his kidney ailment but he is a celebrity and almost certainly will sort himself out. On the other hand, the stark reality is that thousands of desperately poor women and children die everyday because they cannot get basic antenatal and childcare services. All the money is being stolen and nobody donates towards that cause. If only Amaechi had sunk in the $100,000 to his local hospital or school or vaccination programme. If only.
How long will this continue?

2 Likes

Re: Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB by omnitrix: 8:02pm On Jul 03, 2013
Very Timely Gov Chibuike Amaechi..Good deeds never go unnoticed...Gods blessings..I sincerely hope it isn't too late...OJB,speedy recovery son
Re: Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB by olivegirl(f): 8:03pm On Jul 03, 2013
idupaul: Great news .. And I was just on my way to UBA to put my bachelors mite in the OJB account , with this Good new I will turn back and buy some kilishi from Ebeano supermarket
. You made me laugh like never pls am in complex, give me some
Re: Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB by iamtheprincipal: 8:06pm On Jul 03, 2013
Thank you my Governor Rt. Hon. Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi. You have been and will always be my man.

I wish OJB a most successful operation.
Re: Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB by olivegirl(f): 8:10pm On Jul 03, 2013
DanNafada: Why?
The misplacement of priorities continues. Nigerians have no direction and no purpose. I have nothing against this man and his kidney ailment but he is a celebrity and almost certainly will sort himself out. On the other hand, the stark reality is that thousands of desperately poor women and children die everyday because they cannot get basic antenatal and childcare services. All the money is being stolen and nobody donates towards that cause. If only Amaechi had sunk in the $100,000 to his local hospital or school or vaccination programme. If only.
How long will this continue?
I pray that helpeRs of your destiny will remember you like ojb. I pray that almighty will blind their eyes over poverty people around his generation. As for poverty it will always be in amidst. Jesus said so. Judas used this youR format and he landed himself in trouble.
Re: Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 03, 2013
Somebori Please Help!!!
How can I get my own kidney problem?

At least I popular small for NL.
Re: Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB by donmikle12: 8:16pm On Jul 03, 2013
Re: Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB by adconline(m): 8:20pm On Jul 03, 2013
Naija is doomed. Look at the way most folks here are praising the Gov(if its true) for illegally using state's money as he so wishes. How many folks in Rivers State with terminal illnesses can get $100k from Gov Amechi for their medical treatment abroad.?

1 Like

Re: Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB by Femsyn(m): 8:20pm On Jul 03, 2013
"@mr_nomoreloss: Dear supporters of #saveOJB, at this time I cannot confirm if Gov. Rotimi Amechi has approved the needed $100k for OJB's kidney transplant."

6hrs ago
Re: Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB by richoko60: 8:20pm On Jul 03, 2013
@OP i hope this is true, i dont trust the source, i just checked and on the website, it has information of Dnbanj Donating 7m, Tuface Donating 1.5m, information on social media few weeks ago said some celeb didnt donate any money to the SaveOJB, but you source said they donated... wish OJB successful kidney transplant and quick recovery
Re: Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB by Ideasroole: 8:22pm On Jul 03, 2013
smartchoice: @OP this is July not June wink
U blind?#jst~asking
Re: Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB by Okijajuju1(m): 8:31pm On Jul 03, 2013
Make OJB no use the balance go marry 3rd wife o!

grin
Re: Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 03, 2013
Government of Rivers state donated and not Gov. Rotimi Amaechi.

Its public money and I am a tax payer!!!
Re: Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB by Okijajuju1(m): 8:34pm On Jul 03, 2013
LastApostle: Government of Rivers state donated and not Gov. Rotimi Amaechi.

Its public money and I am a tax payer!!!

What!!!

If its government money then this is very bad.. angry

A governor should not make such expenditures without approval.. angry
Re: Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB by gregbali(m): 8:36pm On Jul 03, 2013
idupaul: Great news .. And I was just on my way to UBA to put my bachelors mite in the OJB account , with this Good new I will turn back and buy some kilishi from Ebeano supermarket

I feel you bro ,kilishi no go bad for you at all . God don bless OJB
Re: Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB by gistyinka(m): 8:40pm On Jul 03, 2013
Re: Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB by DoffMan2: 8:41pm On Jul 03, 2013
doctokwus: A govnor wakes up one day& doles out N16m& everybody is singing his praises bc of it,just because OJB's case was well publicised.What of d many in many hospitals in d same rivers state who cannot afford even 1 dialysis session,talkless of d cost of a kidney transplant.
Also what now happens to d earlier sums donated by other artistes& other nigerians dat was already in d millions?Every gud human wishes Ojb well,but we shudnt because of it condole recklessness just because somebody wants to win favor from any quarter

Thank you for this sensible post. How can a governor just dole out $100k of state funds like that? What about the other hundreds, if not thousands of rivers indigenes suffering from similar or worse life-threathening ailments? Is he gonna "settle" them individually? And fools are here congratulating for an impeachable action; if its true though.
Re: Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB by rabbit13467: 8:44pm On Jul 03, 2013
If this is True, Thank you Man.
Re: Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB by Sike(m): 8:48pm On Jul 03, 2013
This man too 9ice i swear!
Re: Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 03, 2013
Okija_juju:

What!!!

If its government money then this is very bad.. angry

A governor should not make such expenditures without approval.. angry
Maybe he did that from his imprest account
Re: Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB by odogwuiyke: 8:52pm On Jul 03, 2013
Well done, dat is a good example u've shown to other governors. Thank u so much sir for saving d life of great music producer OJB.
Re: Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB by Keshi5(m): 8:53pm On Jul 03, 2013
Gov meche my guy u2 try,but dir ar so many sick eople loiterin the ABA road of ur state pleadin4 help 4 dir treatment u no help dos once wey no get helpers,na ojb wey ppl don almst donate d whole money 4,u go trow dat kind money4.....hope dis is not a gimmic4 ur vice president stuff
Re: Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB by Georgesmartt(m): 8:54pm On Jul 03, 2013
That is a good gesture from Mr Governor. I wish OJB quick delivery.
Re: Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB by Akiika: 8:55pm On Jul 03, 2013
Good gesture, but no report on where the money came from? If it's from his pocket, no problem so long it was not acquired illegally. If it's from the River state account, then i expect all sick people in River state to line up at the Gov't house to receive money for their treatment.
As usual we let emotion becloud our sense of objective reasoning. It simply means you have to be famous to get help from the Gov't. The other time, it was Akpabio that presented a jeep to 2Face as wedding gift.
Wake up citizens of mumu kingdom!!!
It keeps getting crazier in Nigeria.
Re: Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB by whitecat007: 8:55pm On Jul 03, 2013
Was waiting to see how it takes for a goat like you to take a bite out of Fashola.

where were you when Fashola singlehandedly paid for the ibo lady by the name ngozi ezeonu treatment to India?

RedBenson: Wow! When a big boi speaks less but act more (if truly it's true)! Meanwhile, shame to fashola of all people. He couldnt even do anything.

However, that's the exact amount needed. How abt the so far donations from pips? Maybe he shld return them since govt has taken care of.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Sacks Five PTAD Directors Over Illegal Recruitment / Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law / Dickson Bans Activities Of Group Supporting Jonathan Re-election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.