Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,579 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (682718 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 27, 2015
dunwun:
Nah, but Frank shared with me.

Oh, ok. Thanks again for sharing here.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by reachyetty: 3:49pm On Aug 27, 2015
@ Hotstepper:
We submitted online, and did our Biometrics early last week. Now I don't know how long the wait for a response will be because I am already 31 weeks along.

Then please does anyone have any idea how much the cost of delivery is in Alberta?

Hotstepper:
Did u submit online or at the embassy ?

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nita2013: 8:45pm On Aug 27, 2015
Its now 54 working days for processing time because according to them this is peak period.

reachyetty:
@ Hotstepper:
We submitted online, and did our Biometrics early last week. Now I don't know how long the wait for a response will be because I am already 31 weeks along.

Then please does anyone have any idea how much the cost of delivery is in Alberta?

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Yankdreamer: 9:03am On Aug 28, 2015
Hi Reachyetty,

Did you apply for Tourism or Medical visa in your online application?

reachyetty:
@ Hotstepper:

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 5:26pm On Aug 28, 2015
The addy is not right. Instead of just York, it's North York

dunwun:
@ Phema

Caccia Nicolette Dr 
204 Church Street, York ON M9N 1N7
+1416-438-2727

Www.hrh. ca

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Razi555: 12:32am On Aug 30, 2015
Hotstepper:
The addy is not right. Instead of just York, it's North York

I want to delivery in canada to give a citizenship for my baby,someone tell me recently the baby can't take automatically the citizenship ,the law changed,Is that true??
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/rules_2009.asp.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 5:51am On Aug 30, 2015
Razi555:

I want to delivery in canada to give a citizenship for my baby,someone tell me recently the baby can't take automatically the citizenship ,the law changed,Is that true??

Not true.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 30, 2015
Razi555:

It was proposed by the Harper government but shot down. So yes, you can come and deliver in Canada to give your kids dual citizenship.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by reachyetty: 11:48am On Sep 01, 2015
54 working days! Not even just 54 days. Wow. That's almost three months! okay sad

Nita2013:
Its now 54 working days for processing time because according to them this is peak period.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by abbyie: 12:10pm On Sep 01, 2015
@Hotstepper or from others that have travelled to give birth in Canada, please can you share your experience at the point of entry, did you declare you were pregnant?? If you did, where you allowed entry and what documents did you have to present. And for those that didnt declare, what questions were you asked?? Thanks for your contributions so far, very nice forum.

Thanks for your prompt response

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ansol: 8:41am On Sep 02, 2015
Hi everyone,
I have read through all of this previous post. My wife has an intention of applying for visa to give birth in Canada. Just wanted to clear our minds on certain issues please.

1. I understand you need to show proof of funds. Like how much is okay for this? and for how long must the cash be in the account before applying?

2. Must we specifically state intentions of giving birth in the comments section of the online application and which is better to apply for ..... Medical visa or tourist visa?

I will appreciate your kind assistance. Thank you.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by bbaby84(f): 3:31am On Sep 03, 2015
Phema:
Hotstepper, thanks for that invaluable info. That means Vag delivery will be cheaper even with epidural. I'm still surprised.

Calgary you said? wink

My baby is just 6 months and here I am looking at Canada. After 2 US journeys I want one Canada journey too. I have 3 years TRV but not pregs yet. Just gathering info. Pen and jotter in hand.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 4:21am On Sep 03, 2015
U should make it to US..let all of them have the same and be together when they are old enough smiley

bbaby84:

My baby is just 6 months and here I am looking at Canada. After 2 US journeys I want one Canada journey too. I have 3 years TRV but not pregs yet. Just gathering info. Pen and jotter in hand.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by bbaby84(f): 4:40am On Sep 03, 2015
Hotstepper:
U should make it to US..let all of them have the same and be together when they are old enough smiley

Lol no o... Oakville ontario here I come.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 04, 2015
bbaby84:

shocked Was just telling hubby we should start considering going on another missionary journey and words fail me to explain the look on his face. cheesy cheesy

Was it your first time applying? What's the maximum duration a first time applicant can be given?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nita2013: 12:02pm On Sep 04, 2015
A friend just got 4years with her hubby. 1st application to canada

Phema:

shocked Was just telling hubby we should start considering going on another missionary journey and words fail me to explain the look on his face. cheesy cheesy

Was it your first time applying? What's the maximum duration a first time applicant can be given?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 04, 2015
Nita2013:
A friend just got 4years with her hubby. 1st application to canada

Really? They give up to 4 years? Cool! What determines that? Does the applicant have to specify or the consulate just does that?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nita2013: 12:15pm On Sep 04, 2015
They stated vacation and 3weeks time frame for d vacation. She said they were shocked to see 4yrs and that d form does not provide any space to state d length of visa required

Phema:

Really? They give up to 4 years? Cool! What determines that? Does the applicant have to specify or the consulate just does that?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 04, 2015
Nita2013:
They stated vacation and 3weeks time frame for d vacation. She said they were shocked to see 4yrs and that d form does not provide any space to state d length of visa required.

That is very nice. Planning to apply soon. Now wey belle never enter grin

Was you friend's own online or paper?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nita2013: 12:24pm On Sep 04, 2015
Paper route.

Phema:

That is very nice. Planning to apply soon. Now wey belle never enter grin

Was you friend's own online or paper?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 04, 2015
Nita2013:
Paper route.

Thanks Nita. smiley

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:08pm On Sep 04, 2015
Canada visa now is 4 yrs. They would give u the amount of time that your passport have before it expires. And I guess they don't want ppl coming every time. They ain't after money like ndi US nd UK. Even canadian passports now have option of 10 yrs if you don't want 5 yrs so most ppl go for the 10 yrs

Phema:

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:09pm On Sep 04, 2015
Heheh! Canada is waiting for u. Which side is ur friend coming to?

quote author=bbaby84 post=37616136]

Lol no o... Oakville ontario here I come. [/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 04, 2015
Hotstepper:
Canada visa now is 4 yrs. They would give u the amount of time that your passport have before it expires. And I guess they don't want ppl coming every time. They ain't after money like ndi US nd UK. Even canadian passports now have option of 10 yrs if you don't want 5 yrs so most ppl go for the 10 yrs

Thanks Hotstepper. Was wondering why different people got different duration.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nita2013: 3:15pm On Sep 04, 2015
@Hotstepper my cousin got 6months visa last month oooo. Though she stated she was going for a conference. I guess thats why then.

Hotstepper:

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by bbaby84(f): 10:00pm On Sep 04, 2015
Nita2013:
@Hotstepper my cousin got 6months visa last month oooo. Though she stated she was going for a conference. I guess thats why then.

I don't think there's a set duration. They give what they want depending. For example I've seen people being given 2 weeks, 1 year, 6 months, I got 3 years, a family friend got 4 years so it depends.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 10:48pm On Sep 04, 2015
So is it really conference that's she coming for or sumthing else ?

Nita2013:

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 10:49pm On Sep 04, 2015
Ok. Did all these ppl including u apply for the same thing like vacation or different purposes?

bbaby84:

I don't think there's a set duration. They give what they want depending. For example I've seen people being given 2 weeks, 1 year, 6 months, I got 3 years, a family friend got 4 years so it depends.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by bbaby84(f): 7:11am On Sep 05, 2015
Hotstepper:

Ok. Did all these ppl including u apply for the same thing like vacation or different purposes?

We applied to go for my nephew's grad. The application ran more than 2 months so we missed it but we were still issued the visas.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nita2013: 12:30pm On Sep 05, 2015
Yes she is goin for conference.

Hotstepper:

So is it really conference that's she coming for or sumthing else ?

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 05, 2015
Nita2013:
Yes she is goin for conference.

When are you applying?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nita2013: 12:40pm On Sep 05, 2015
My dear I m putting myself together but hopefully end of this month. I don fill all d forms already sef. This their 54 working days thing just tire me joor. What if I need to travel ASAP I ll now request for my pp

Phema:

When are you applying?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.