Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (684602 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 05, 2015
Nita2013:
My dear I m putting myself together but hopefully end of this month. I don fill all d forms already sef. This their 54 working days thing just tire me joor. What if I need to travel ASAP I ll now request for my pp

This 54 working days ish isn't funny ooo. Heard it is becoming faster though. Are you doing paper application?

Goodluck.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nita2013: 2:04pm On Sep 05, 2015
It use to be 29 days but I guess it's because this is their peak period. I m doin paper route cos that online thing is asking for documents like flight booking, proof of relationship with my host etc.

Also even if I submit online, I ll still go for biometrics too.

Phema:

This 54 working days ish isn't funny ooo. Heard it is becoming faster though. Are you doing paper application?

Goodluck.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 05, 2015
Nita2013:
It use to be 29 days but I guess it's because this is their peak period. I m doin paper route cos that online thing is asking for documents like flight booking, proof of relationship with my host etc.

Also even if I submit online, I ll still go for biometrics too.

True that. Do let us know how it goes.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by bbaby84(f): 2:51pm On Sep 05, 2015
Nita2013:
My dear I m putting myself together but hopefully end of this month. I don fill all d forms already sef. This their 54 working days thing just tire me joor. What if I need to travel ASAP I ll now request for my pp

That's what we did. Requested for our passports and the application was still running and they contacted me when they needed to put in the visas to resubmit our passports (I put the stubs of the boarding pass as evidence that we truly travelled sha) I got them back 2 days after that.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by pattyreal(f): 2:57pm On Sep 05, 2015
Phema:

Phema of life, iyawotobe, nita, sayoberry,tvegas & co mk una well done

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nita2013: 3:21pm On Sep 05, 2015
Aiit dear

Phema:

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nita2013: 3:23pm On Sep 05, 2015
Oh! Nice then. Didn't kno d application will still be running. I tot one will av to reapply.

bbaby84:

That's what we did. Requested for our passports and the application was still running and they contacted me when they needed to put in the visas to resubmit our passports (I put the stubs of the boarding pass as evidence that we truly travelled sha) I got them back 2 days after that.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nita2013: 3:24pm On Sep 05, 2015
Hahahahahaha as Donald Trump dey plan for us, we dey plenty steps ahead lol

pattyreal:

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 05, 2015
pattyreal:

Wetin you find reach here? Baby don reach 6 months? tongue
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by pattyreal(f): 4:31pm On Sep 05, 2015
Nita2013:
Hahahahahaha as Donald Trump dey plan for us, we dey plenty steps ahead lol

Ma sis plan B tins oooooo. So all of una wey still get US visa mk una use am sharp sharp ooo.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 5:45pm On Sep 05, 2015
Ok. If na toronto, make she bring crayfish them for me joorsmiley

quote author=Nita2013 post=37696179]Yes she is goin for conference.

[/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nita2013: 6:54pm On Sep 05, 2015
Hahahahahaha she is goin to Alberta. No worry by d time I dey come, na u go even tire for d naija tinz I go bring lol

Hotstepper:
Ok. If na toronto, make she bring crayfish them for me joorsmiley

quote author=Nita2013 post=37696179]Yes she is goin for conference.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 8:43pm On Sep 05, 2015
Awww! Do quick and come ook

quote author=Nita2013 post=37707717]Hahahahahaha she is goin to Alberta. No worry by d time I dey come, na u go even tire for d naija tinz I go bring lol

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by IyawoToBe(f): 9:47pm On Sep 05, 2015
pattyreal:

lol. Me i just jejely walked by this thread o wink wink. I don't know anything o

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by chidaroy(f): 11:39pm On Sep 05, 2015
@iyawotobe, you just stole my line. tongue tongue grin
IyawoToBe:
lol. Me i just jejely walked by this thread o wink wink. I don't know anything o
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by dittobaby: 12:40am On Sep 06, 2015
Una well done o. Just finished my mission in US and this Canada is looking like a nice plan B for any funny future US immigration policy. Please how much does it cost to apply for Canada visa? Thank.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by sayoberry(f): 12:48am On Sep 06, 2015
IyawoToBe:

Pretender grin
*walks by too*
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by bbaby84(f): 2:29am On Sep 06, 2015
dittobaby:
Una well done o. Just finished my mission in US and this Canada is looking like a nice plan B for any funny future US immigration policy. Please how much does it cost to apply for Canada visa? Thank.

It's like 29k. Just hold up to 35k, you'll take your change home. And get there early.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nita2013: 9:55am On Sep 06, 2015
Pls what documents did u submit when u applied?

bbaby84:

It's like 29k. Just hold up to 35k, you'll take your change home. And get there early.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by chidaroy(f): 11:03am On Sep 06, 2015
@sayoberry, you too? shocked shocked shocked. make una pity oga o
sayoberry:

Pretender grin
*walks by too*
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by chidaroy(f): 11:03am On Sep 06, 2015
@sayoberry, you too? shocked shocked shocked
sayoberry:

Pretender grin
*walks by too*
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by sayoberry(f): 1:04pm On Sep 06, 2015
chidaroy:
@sayoberry, you too? shocked shocked shocked. make una pity oga o

Me KE... I'm just "passing by" NA grin
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by bbaby84(f): 1:50pm On Sep 06, 2015
Nita2013:
Pls what documents did u submit when u applied?

Hmmmm that Canada. ... I almost put the toothbrush I used that morning including the underwear sef. They want to see everything and I mean everything. Let me look for the list, I'll post it soon.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nita2013: 8:19pm On Sep 06, 2015
I go help use cane chase Sayoberry hahahahaha

chidaroy:
@sayoberry, you too? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by mamacajah: 8:29am On Sep 07, 2015
Nita2013:
A friend just got 4years with her hubby. 1st application to canada

Seriously? I thought they said its only 6 months? Please what documents did they present? was it vacation, conference, purpose they stated? Me i want to do the visa ASAP so that if I can get that 4 years, I am good.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by AuroLily: 3:15pm On Sep 07, 2015
Hotstepper:
Canada visa now is 4 yrs. They would give u the amount of time that your passport have before it expires. And I guess they don't want ppl coming every time. They ain't after money like ndi US nd UK. Even canadian passports now have option of 10 yrs if you don't want 5 yrs so most ppl go for the 10 yrs

Hello Hotstepper,
Thank you for taking time to attend to peoples enquiries.
Well, i am an expecting mum with the intention of giving birth in Canada, i dont have a canadian visa but I just
started the process of getting one.
Please clarify if i should choose visit visa even if my intention is for child birth and what document do i use to support this claim to avoid being refused.

I look forward to your input
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 07, 2015
bbaby84:

Hmmmm that Canada. ... I almost put the toothbrush I used that morning including the underwear sef. They want to see everything and I mean everything. Let me look for the list, I'll post it soon.

Abeg, we still dey wait ooo. Do post it when you can.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by bbaby84(f): 5:47pm On Sep 07, 2015
Phema:

Abeg, we still dey wait ooo. Do post it when you can.

Pele. I had forgotten jare.
Passport
Passport photo (2)
Marriage certificate if married
Birth certificate of children even if they aren't travelling with you.
Letter from employer/ evidence of employment if self employed. (Also for spouse regardless of if they are applying or not)
ID card
Bank statements
Letter of invitation / hotel booking
Flight itinerary
Land deeds, house deeds, investment evidence to show strong ties to the the country.
Also, if you have recently paid school fees for your kids put photocopies etc

I recent came across new info to print out one's US travel history( Esp for those that go to the US frequently). Print from i94 website.
Photocopy previous visa pages uk, us, schengen, SA, China etc

The last one I didn't do but a family friend did sha. He did a bank draft of 2500$, made a photocopy of it and added it to the application ( guess it was to show he had money for the trip but I think bank statement should suffice).
Good luck all (this info na em agent dey collect 1500$ for o)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 5:57pm On Sep 07, 2015
Even me Don dey begin dey collect fees

quote author=bbaby84 post=37771101]

Pele. I had forgotten jare.
Passport
Passport photo (2)
Marriage certificate if married
Birth certificate of children even if they aren't travelling with you.
Letter from employer/ evidence of employment if self employed. (Also for spouse regardless of if they are applying or not)
ID card
Bank statements
Letter of invitation / hotel booking
Flight itinerary
Land deeds, house deeds, investment evidence to show strong ties to the the country.
Also, if you have recently paid school fees for your kids put photocopies etc

I recent came across new info to print out one's US travel history( Esp for those that go to the US frequently). Print from i94 website.
Photocopy previous visa pages uk, us, schengen, SA, China etc

The last one I didn't do but a family friend did sha. He did a bank draft of 2500$, made a photocopy of it and added it to the application ( guess it was to show he had money for the trip but I think bank statement should suffice).
Good luck all (this info na em agent dey collect 1500$ for o)[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.