Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (682816 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 3:33am On Dec 18, 2015
Where it says Other, that's where you can put birth as it is illegal to give birth. Or u can leave it and when u get at the POE, u can say there was no option of that but u r here for birth purposes. Make sure u have enough money nd if possible Dr's letter with u. Make sure u stay away from Montreal airport. Ur friend that was denied, did she go via Montreal?

britiko:
Hello house, some few weeks back I met with a preggy who was denied entry into canada. Reason for denial was that she never declared her intent of having her baby in canada when she applied for her visa.

My question is this;
Is there any where on the canadian visa application form where applicants are asked if they are pregnant?

Secondly, a friend of mine is presently a few weeks pregnant and intends delivering d baby in Canada. Is she meant to accompany her application with a letter of intent declaring her motives from the onset of her application? Pls I need clarifications.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by tariy: 8:33am On Dec 18, 2015
Hotstepper:

Where it says Other, that's where you can put birth as it is illegal to give birth. Or u can leave it and when u get at the POE, u can say there was no option of that but u r here for birth purposes. Make sure u have enough money nd if possible Dr's letter with u. Make sure u stay away from Montreal airport. Ur friend that was denied, did she go via Montreal?

Babes how can I reach you

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Top9jajamz: 1:06pm On Dec 18, 2015
Hello Nlanders,
just a quick one.
If a pregnant woman is turned back at the POE,who pays for the flight back to Nigeria?

Also,going through the online route,what can i use as purpose of travel - other and how is that different from letter of invitation,how does one get a flight itinery for visa application purpose without neccesarily paying just incase visa is denied?

Thank you as you respond.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:41pm On Dec 18, 2015
Sorry, it's not illegal to give birth instead of what I wrote that it is illegal. Was in a hurry. Just say the truth. Remember what ever u fill.will be on the screen at poe

Hotstepper:

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by britiko: 3:17pm On Dec 18, 2015
Hotstepper:

Thanks for d response.
Yeah, the lady was denied at Montreal POE

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by chidaroy(f): 10:42pm On Dec 20, 2015
Hi, Can you pm me details about this?
Hotstepper:
[On a serious note I consult oo. Have successfully help ppl migrate via skilled worker. Nd then help with doctor etc ....i studied it toosmiley but my fee no reach that sha

quote author=bbaby84 post=37772262]

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:42am On Dec 21, 2015
Details about what

chidaroy:
Hi, Can you pm me details about this?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by chidaroy(f): 12:44am On Dec 21, 2015
I mean your migration consultancy service
Hotstepper:
Details about what

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by IyawoToBe(f): 3:24pm On Dec 21, 2015
chidaroy:
I mean your migration consultancy service
*Walks by* cool cool
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by dnwabz: 4:07am On Dec 25, 2015
Hotstepper:

Compliments of the season....please how can I contact you abt the skilled worker stuff u talked abt ...dnwabz at gmail dot com is d mail box...dnt mind the way its written..its intentional...cheers

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by vcole: 10:39am On Dec 30, 2015
Hey. You in canada now? how is it going? i dey wait for your report oh!m #2016hopefulmissionaryjourney lol!
hermosa:
@hotstepper, hello
i really appreciate all the help you are rendering people who want to have their babies in Toronto. I also want to have my baby in Toronto. my husband and I will be visiting Toronto this December to look for OB/GYNs and also check out affordable clinics/hospitals, then I'll return again but solo in February.
I have an aunt i'll b staying with while pregnant and for delivery. she lives in Pickering, Ontario.
Do you know the process for antenatal? the fees per visit? and any affordable clinics/hospitals in Pickering?
also could you please contact me at marietta dot okoedion at gmail dot com? thank you.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by vcole: 10:41am On Dec 30, 2015
Phema how now? lol! 2016 don reach ground finish oh.
Phema:
Nita2013, how body? How far your application? Decision made yet?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 30, 2015
vcole:
Phema how now? lol! 2016 don reach ground finish oh.

Lol. My dear, i dey ooo. How your lovelies?

Make we dey wait 2017. wink grin
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by vcole: 11:23am On Dec 30, 2015
Lol! #team2016missionaryjourney oh IJN. if you see the way i dey refresh this page ehn. you go laugh. cos e be like say oga T***p fit win oh. we gotta prepare. My lovely (boy) is good. How are you and yours?
Phema:

Lol. My dear, i dey ooo. How your lovelies?

Make we dey wait 2017. wink grin
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by favoredgal: 3:31pm On Dec 30, 2015
Phema and vcole Una don reach here?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 30, 2015
vcole:
Lol! #team2016missionaryjourney oh IJN. if you see the way i dey refresh this page ehn. you go laugh. cos e be like say oga T***p fit win oh. we gotta prepare. My lovely (boy) is good. How are you and yours?

I'm telling you. We have got lots to do. That man mean am. grin

favoredgal:

Yes ooo. We say make we dey find alternative. Just in case. . . grin
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ACL(m): 4:12am On Jan 03, 2016
Pls how long is your return date when u buy tickets for giving birth in canada.

Also what are the things to go with to prove to immigration officer that u just want to have your baby peacefully.

Cos I read someone wasn't allowed in after flying a full day to reach canada.

Note visa was gotten online route for the duration passport will expire

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by vcole: 4:04pm On Jan 04, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin we don reach oh. @phema i do know a friend who just had her baby in Canada but she already had a 2 yr visitor-visa and went early. like 2nd trimester and has family there. So in a nutshell her waka no even give us better info sef. undecided
Happy new year!
favoredgal:
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 04, 2016
vcole:
grin grin grin grin grin grin we don reach oh. @phema i do know a friend who just had her baby in Canada but she already had a 2 yr visitor-visa and went early. like 2nd trimester and has family there. So in a nutshell her waka no even give us better info sef. undecided
Happy new year!

The waka tire me jare. The thing no just dey straightforward at all like the US one. I know someone too, who just had her baby and says the documentation process is taking forever. But she did enter at about 35 weeks.

Another one was refused entry at POE cos she didn't inform the embassy of her birthing plans.

Which hospital did your friend use?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by vcole: 10:07am On Jan 05, 2016
choi! inform how now? sheybi na online visa app na. abi na to put birth under "other"?
I will find out the hospital and get back to you. she is still there though.
Phema:

The waka tire me jare. The thing no just dey straightforward at all like the US one. I know someone too, who just had her baby and says the documentation process is taking forever. But she did enter at about 35 weeks.

Another one was refused entry at POE cos she didn't inform the embassy of her birthing plans.

Which hospital did your friend use?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 05, 2016
vcole:
choi! inform how now? sheybi na online visa app na. abi na to put birth under "other"?
I will find out the hospital and get back to you. she is still there though.

Maybe she should have written to their embassy informing them of her birthing intentions after getting the visa. Just same as the US parole.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by kehara: 2:36pm On Jan 05, 2016
I applied for a tourist visa in 2010 with my husband and my passport was sent back for a medical test. I didn't declare in the application I was pregnant and already 30 weeks. I went for the test and got a refusal that our intention for traveling was not clear. We used hotel reservation.

Am 17 weeks pregnant now and want to apply again with my daughter. I have two kids. A Nigerian and American.

Should I declared in my application I would be having a baby in Canada because of the past history or just apply for a tourist visa.

My uncle lives in Ontario and would be giving us a letter of invitation.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by vcole: 4:47pm On Jan 05, 2016
We are as unsure as you are as to what the "correct" thing to do is. Do you declare that you want to have a baby? does that mean you would be granted or refused a visa? The matter tire person oh!
Since you already have a history of a refused application, i think you should apply and state that you want to have a baby. Fill in your uncle's details as contact. Also, put in his invitation letter. Make sure you have funds available. Then, if he can, let him try to get you a doctor or hospital.....they may not give you any document but a general overview of the service and cost of care should suffice.
You can also opt to just apply for a regular tourist visa and then travel early when your bump is not obvious.
However, have a US visa as a back up plan just incase.
kehara:
I applied for a tourist visa in 2010 with my husband and my passport was sent back for a medical test. I didn't declare in the application I was pregnant and already 30 weeks. I went for the test and got a refusal that our intention for traveling was not clear. We used hotel reservation.

Am 17 weeks pregnant now and want to apply again with my daughter. I have two kids. A Nigerian and American.

Should I declared in my application I would be having a baby in Canada because of the past history or just apply for a tourist visa.

My uncle lives in Ontario and would be giving us a letter of invitation.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by kehara: 8:10am On Jan 06, 2016
@ vcole thanks. My husband also thinks that the right thing to do, declare our intention in the application.

I don't know if there is anyone who has gone to Ontario Scarborough and could assist with contact details of a doctor who would be willing to give an overview of the service and cost of care.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by vcole: 9:09am On Jan 06, 2016
well, i may be wrong but from what i have gathered, about CAD5,000 should more than cover your cost of care. However, the canadian health system is different from the US, its more of the UK NHS-kinda system, only its way better service. Basically, you may not be able to contact a doctor or hospital yourself. Its usually a friend/relative who would hook you up with a GP who would then refer you to an ob/gyn who would handle your care and deliver you at the closest hospital to your place of residence.
I think since you are starting early, you should apply via the online or paper route. Declare birth or delivery purposes under "other" where you are asked for purpose of visit. Speak with your uncle if he could liaise with his GP to get a letter. If that works out, then you fill in the doc/hospital details under contact. However, if it proves impossible, then you can fill your uncle's details as contact and let him give you a letter of invitation. he can chip in somewhere that you intend to access medical care while on this trip and that you have made funds available to cover the cost of care and would be returning to Nigeria after.
kehara:
@ vcole thanks. My husband also thinks that the right thing to do, declare our intention in the application.

I don't know if there is anyone who has gone to Ontario Scarborough and could assist with contact details of a doctor who would be willing to give an overview of the service and cost of care.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:44pm On Jan 06, 2016
Seconded! Couldnt have said it any better than this

vcole:
well, i may be wrong but from what i have gathered, about CAD5,000 should more than cover your cost of care. However, the canadian health system is different from the US, its more of the UK NHS-kinda system, only its way better service. Basically, you may not be able to contact a doctor or hospital yourself. Its usually a friend/relative who would hook you up with a GP who would then refer you to an ob/gyn who would handle your care and deliver you at the closest hospital to your place of residence.
I think since you are starting early, you should apply via the online or paper route. Declare birth or delivery purposes under "other" where you are asked for purpose of visit. Speak with your uncle if he could liaise with his GP to get a letter. If that works out, then you fill in the doc/hospital details under contact. However, if it proves impossible, then you can fill your uncle's details as contact and let him give you a letter of invitation. he can chip in somewhere that you intend to access medical care while on this trip and that you have made funds available to cover the cost of care and would be returning to Nigeria after.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by boldbabe: 5:06pm On Jan 06, 2016
@Hotstepper, God bless you for helping out on this thread.
Favoredgal, Phema, Vcole, Iyawotobe, i dey salute all of una oooo. No be only una waka come here too oooo, me sef dey here.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by vcole: 4:26pm On Jan 07, 2016
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! feeling like i've been given a knightly dub by the Pro. lol! Happy new year @hotstepper
Hotstepper:
Seconded! Couldnt have said it any better than this

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by vcole: 4:26pm On Jan 07, 2016
Make this thread still try pass page 20 naaaaaaaaaaa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.