Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (684417 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 3:43pm On Jun 19, 2016
Thank you for asking the question here .

You dont have to come with your wife. When the baby is born, she will go to canada passport office in person to apply for baby's passport. Since you wont be present, she will be given a file no and you will be asked to go to Canada consult officeeither in lagos or abj. There, u will have something to sign just for them to make sure you are the father of the baby. You will have to go with an ID, preferably international passport. Once signed, the form will be faxed bk to the Passport office in toronto nd babys passport wikk be issused. Note, ur wife has to call them bk to make sure the signed form is bk to them. I know alot of people who has done this including me when i had my first child .

Your sis inlaw can help. There is nothing much for her to do anywayz other than maybe help her sister to book an appointment and give her the apointment details, drs name, no and addy . Since u say shes in Toro to, dr Grace is the best option. If her sister lives off campus then theres nothing wrong in staying with her .

Better u apply asap

Good luck

Danielakonic:
Initially am always shy asking questions in NL...Lot of insults and unwanted responses or maybe sometimes ignored. Well Hotstepper has encouraged me to ask this in public.. Please the house should support with answers.

Is it a must I travel with my wife to Canada to give birth? I read something in this forum that says "both parent will sign", and if in case I don't go, I hope it's not that it will now block my chances on going there in future if she should go alone. I have no travel history and neither does she have.

Secondly, my InLaw (Her Sibling) is an undergraduate in Toronto, 20yrs old.. Can we rely on her for the run around or as a claim that we have relative there to stay with.. In short, am a complete novice On this, I need your step by step guidance to start the processing.

Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Danielakonic: 8:14pm On Jun 19, 2016
Hotstepper:

You dont have to come with your wife. When the baby is born, she will go to canada passport office in person to apply for baby's passport. Since you wont be present, she will be given a file no and you will be asked to go to Canada consult officeeither in lagos or abj. There, u will have something to sign just for them to make sure you are the father of the baby. You will have to go with an ID, preferably international passport. Once signed, the form will be faxed bk to the Passport office in toronto nd babys passport wikk be issused. Note, ur wife has to call them bk to make sure the signed form is bk to them. I know alot of people who has done this including me when i had my first child .

Your sis inlaw can help. There is nothing much for her to do anywayz other than maybe help her sister to book an appointment and give her the apointment details, drs name, no and addy . Since u say shes in Toro to, dr Grace is the best option. If her sister lives off campus then theres nothing wrong in staying with her .

Better u apply asap

Good luck

Now am happy that there's progress now. Aside Dr Grace, For her sister to get appointment details, will she just walk into any hospital around her to book appointment? And if we're to use Dr Grace, what's next is the step to take?

Am so happy for your explanatory response.. It's well understood.

Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 10:10pm On Jun 19, 2016
Drs information is not impirtant now since u have no visa yet unless u want to say in ur applicstion that u rconing for birth purposes .

Ur sis in law will google gynea in toronto esp thebones that have offices close to her and book an apointment when thrme time comes . Drs have offices outside of the hospital, thats how it is here

Danielakonic:

Now am happy that there's progress now. Aside Dr Grace, For her sister to get appointment details, will she just walk into any hospital around her to book appointment? And if we're to use Dr Grace, what's next is the step to take?

Am so happy for your explanatory response.. It's well understood.

Thank you very much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Danielakonic: 6:17am On Jun 20, 2016
Hotstepper:

Drs information is not impirtant now since u have no visa yet unless u want to say in ur applicstion that u rconing for birth purposes .

Ur sis in law will google gynea in toronto esp thebones that have offices close to her and book an apointment when thrme time comes . Drs have offices outside of the hospital, thats how it is here

Ok Ma'am.. Coming for birth process is medical visa right? And if we don't state that she's going for birth process is just the visit short term visa and might change mind once there?

Now if we don't come out clear now that she coming for birth process, won't X-ray be required at medicals ? cos I read it here that it affects pregnancy.

Simply asking what kind of visa is best for her situation (Early Second Trimester).
More so, I just read great reviews about Dr Grace Y. Liu, am sure she's the one we're talking about here.

God bless
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 20, 2016
Thanks a lot jinyeid.... nothing for now. I appreciate all the helpful posts here

jinyeid:

Hi,

it was online and I had an inv. letter from my brother there and it came out around 3 weeks and for 4 years (my passport's expiry date) and Multiple entry cheesy

Anything else I can mention?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by unknown2410: 12:36am On Jun 21, 2016
Hello all, please i and my husband applied for canada visa i we got it .. i got a 5years visa.
However i am 26weeks pregnant and i will be 32 weeks when going to canada next month. I intend giving birth in canada and also for vocation. However i didnt make that intentions clear when i applied for a visa 2weeks ago. Plesse advice as we dont intend making that clear not after being denied usa visa thrice lol(after i declared to the VO i wanted to go for child birth).
Advice please

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 21, 2016
Hi Unknown,

Was your application paper based/ online? Your timelines are similar to mine. On the US Visa + Birthing page here on nairaland, one is strictly advised to say you are travelling for birthing purposes. I and my wife went to the US Embassy with almost 4million+ bank statement and very very secure jobs with assets, confidently said we were going to deliver and we were rejected without the VO even asking to see our supporting documents. On this Canada birthing page, i have noticed virtually all the successful people didn't mention birthing at any point.

My word of advice since the deed is done.... you would have to risk being turned back at CBP like others seem to have done here. BUT PLEASE CARRY A LOT OF CASH, it might just sway the CBP officers, i have not had the experience before, i am just sharing the knowledge gained from reading these Canadian pages several times and reading at least 150-200 pages in the US section

unknown2410:
Hello all, please i and my husband applied for canada visa i we got it .. i got a 5years visa.
However i am 26weeks pregnant and i will be 32 weeks when going to canada next month. I intend giving birth in canada and also for vocation. However i didnt make that intentions clear when i applied for a visa 2weeks ago. Plesse advice as we dont intend making that clear not after being denied usa visa thrice lol(after i declared to the VO i wanted to go for child birth).
Advice please

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by LadyRia: 9:56pm On Jun 21, 2016
@hotstepper please been refused visa by us will it affect my chances for Canada also I have not started any process yet am 18wks gone and this one they say it takes almost three months to process Please let me know if you assist in visa process cos I don't know where to start from.thanks

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by peachyclean1: 10:23pm On Jun 24, 2016
@ hotstepper, is it compulsory to apply with an invitation or can. i just go ahead book an hotel and apply? please advise.its a family trip.widh to apply in 2-3 wks time.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:21pm On Jun 25, 2016
No i wont. I kbow a copyle that wqs refused US nd i encouraged to tey canada. They did and was given 4 yrs multiple visa . Good luck

LadyRia:
@hotstepper please been refused visa by us will it affect my chances for Canada also I have not started any process yet am 18wks gone and this one they say it takes almost three months to process Please let me know if you assist in visa process cos I don't know where to start from.thanks

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:22pm On Jun 25, 2016
Hotel reservation is just fine

peachyclean1:
@ hotstepper, is it compulsory to apply with an invitation or can. i just go ahead book an hotel and apply? please advise.its a family trip.widh to apply in 2-3 wks time.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omodun: 2:16pm On Jun 26, 2016
Hi Hotstepper,

I was just speaking to someone and they said you require a guarantee from a Canadian citizen to apply for the child's birth certificate and Passport. Please is that true?

Hotstepper:

Better u apply asap

Good luck

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omodun: 8:58pm On Jun 26, 2016
Dear Hotstepper,

I am trying to finalize hospital details in toronto and I want to know if Dr Grace of Humber River is Dr Grace Liu or Dr Grace Mariampillai.

Many thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 10:22pm On Jun 26, 2016
Its Dr Grace Mariampillai.

Omodun:
Dear Hotstepper,

I am trying to finalize hospital details in toronto and I want to know if Dr Grace of Humber River is Dr Grace Liu or Dr Grace Mariampillai.

Many thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 10:23pm On Jun 26, 2016
Yes its true or u use a notry public...not a big issue

Omodun:
Hi Hotstepper,

I was just speaking to someone and they said you require a guarantee from a Canadian citizen to apply for the child's birth certificate and Passport. Please is that true?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omodun: 10:08am On Jun 27, 2016
Thanks Hotstepper

Hotstepper:

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omodun: 10:18am On Jun 27, 2016
Hotstepper:

Thanks Hotstepper
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omodun: 10:20am On Jun 27, 2016
Hotstepper:

Thanks Hotstepper for the clarification
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by nam16: 8:15pm On Jun 29, 2016
unknown2410:
Advice please
in this case, travel immediately....for 32wks most airline will not carry such passengers...if u find it important to av ur babay there then sacrifice by travelling earlier...

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 01, 2016
July 1...Happy Canada Day....i am sure most of we applicants don't even know their anniversary grin tongue
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by gogochocolate: 7:55am On Jul 07, 2016
Madam hotstepper. Thanks for the lovely work. My wife recently put to birth and has to travel to Nigeria wirh the baby in 3 weeks time. Please what document would-be easy to get from the Nigerian embassy in ottawa quickly to allow the baby travel to Nigeria due to time contraint. Should she get apply for an emergency travel certificate or Nigerian visa or get a Nigerian passport outrightly for the baby. Please I am a PR based in Halifax Nova Scotia and would not have time off work to make the trip to Ottawa for the passport or can the passport be issued without the baby being physically present at the embassy.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:43pm On Jul 07, 2016
Congratations. I alwqys advise travel document and baby will get passport in Nigeria. U can google nigeria consulate ottawa and get to their website and see what is required. I dont trust the site anywqh with experience i had with my son.

gogochocolate:
Madam hotstepper. Thanks for the lovely work. My wife recently put to birth and has to travel to Nigeria wirh the baby in 3 weeks time. Please what document would-be easy to get from the Nigerian embassy in ottawa quickly to allow the baby travel to Nigeria due to time contraint. Should she get apply for an emergency travel certificate or Nigerian visa or get a Nigerian passport outrightly for the baby. Please I am a PR based in Halifax Nova Scotia and would not have time off work to make the trip to Ottawa for the passport or can the passport be issued without the baby being physically present at the embassy.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by mevisbleek: 4:20am On Jul 08, 2016
FYI, to whom it may concern,

A petition that seeks to end “birth tourism” has gotten enough signatures to get introduced in the House of Commons —which could mean changes to the Citizenship Act.............

Pray make Liberals no agree.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by RedReact: 1:25pm On Jul 08, 2016
^^^

Chinese guys really exploited this medium and abused it a lot. Same thing they are doing in the US; almost all Chinese nationals want ABC (or what I will call CBC).
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by gogochocolate: 8:14pm On Jul 08, 2016
Hotstepper:
Congratations. I alwqys advise travel document and baby will get passport in Nigeria. U can google nigeria consulate ottawa and get to their website and see what is required. I dont trust the site anywqh with experience i had with my son.

Hotstepper. I have opted for the emergency travel certificate for my child as I understand it is much faster to get for my baby. However, I have tried reaching the Nigerian Embassy visa section for two straight days and believe me those guys are not picking their calls. The calls are just routed to voice mail without anyone picking it.I was even thinking the Canadian attitude and life style would have changed them but they keep proving me wrong. Please I would PM you for the guys number that has direct access to the embassy so that I can process it. Fly ticket to Nigeria has already been booked. Thanks again for all the work.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Demobanjo(m): 10:28pm On Jul 08, 2016
Congrats! I find that applying for a passport does not have to take very long too. The emergency travel doc is faster. I suggest you go for the two if you can.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by mamateniola1: 8:32am On Jul 09, 2016
taiworhoda:
Goo day all, pls my freind was denied USA family visa last month and she said the VO officer just asked her few questions and said sorry ur visa cannot be approved. This is what her transcript was.

Note : they are not going for child bearing cos they already had kids and both traveling for visiting, also booked for hotel reservation.

Me: I and my wife, good morning
VO: good morning, pls can I have ur passport

Me: here is it

VO: where are u going in the USA
Me : Baltimore, Maryland
VO: why do u want to go to Baltimore
Me: Baltimore is a great city with lots of historical places

VO: was typing and facing the computer
VO: what do u do for a leaving
Me: (hubby) I work with bla bla bla
VO: what do u do there
Me: explained
VO: madam what do u do(dats my wife)
Me: I work with a manufacturing company( mentioned d name)
VO: as what
Me: told her
Vo: have u traveled before
Me: hubby said no
Vo: faces down tying,
Me: praying in my mind
Vo: sorry we cannot approve ur visa and she brought out the blue slip and gave it to them.

I told her it was because they don't ve traveling experience.
So she's planning to visit dubai with her hubby next week.

Now her question is ? what went wrong with this questions and answers and why was she denied. She also wants to apply again by October pls she needs advice so she can be prepared. Thanks and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by voilasummer: 9:02am On Jul 09, 2016
Hotstepper:

Hi Hotstepper,

I have no relatives in Canada and I want to bring my baby back home after 2 weeks old.
I plan to send her back to canada after 18 years old for university. Is that okay?
Can u pls explain about the administration process of birth certificate using a notary public in Toronto?

Thanks.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 11:55am On Jul 09, 2016
You made the right choice. I dont know whats wrong with thebppl there . I think they even close at 1:30 while other embassies close at 4:30 lol.

If i tell u my experience with my son in 2011 ehh. Went to ottawa by road in the decembwr winter . Each time i go they tell me i am missing sumthing yet it is not on their website they first told me i should chexk and do my application and payment nd bring it with documents and come.

I alwqys leave around 4 am by raod with a child not up to 3 months old and rebooked flight up to 2 tines. The 3rd time i went there, told them my fligjt is in 2 days and i am not going to book it again cuz its money i am spending and time. God just brought one woman like that and helped me ooo. That was how i got the passport on thr 3rd day.

Whike in uni. I knoew friends who sent their passport for renewal in june cuz they wanted to go home in for xmas and never got it and no letter. After calling countlews times before getting someone, they were told that their passport in is Naija cuz they dont have the machine here to do it .

Nothing works oooo. Na so i just made friend there ooo. The person will charge u but it will be way easier, cheaper and faster if u were to go there in person.

gogochocolate:

Hotstepper. I have opted for the emergency travel certificate for my child as I understand it is much faster to get for my baby. However, I have tried reaching the Nigerian Embassy visa section for two straight days and believe me those guys are not picking their calls. The calls are just routed to voice mail without anyone picking it.I was even thinking the Canadian attitude and life style would have changed them but they keep proving me wrong. Please I would PM you for the guys number that has direct access to the embassy so that I can process it. Fly ticket to Nigeria has already been booked. Thanks again for all the work.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 11:57am On Jul 09, 2016
Why go for the 2 when just 1 can take u to naija?

Demobanjo:
Congrats! I find that applying for a passport does not have to take very long too. The emergency travel doc is faster. I suggest you go for the two if you can.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.