Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,976 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (682921 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omodun: 7:08am On May 31, 2016
wayinoma:

The GP was alarmed when I gave her the price so she started calling to see if she could get a good dr @ a reasonable price.a dr dt was attached to peter lougheed.

Your GP is so sweet.......and the 3k for delivery and all the test makes sense...... is the 3k inclusive of epidural as well?

And is there any chance in the world u can hook me up with ur GP as am considering Calgary and Peter lougheed as well.

Or the name of your OBGYN so I can get a GP to refer me to the OBGYN

Many Many thanks and a million kisses

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:08pm On May 31, 2016
Epidural will be different and about 1k.

It's better if she gives u both the GP nd gynea numbers so you call and book an appointment

Omodun:

Your GP is so sweet.......and the 3k for delivery and all the test makes sense...... is the 3k inclusive of epidural as well?

And is there any chance in the world u can hook me up with ur GP as am considering Calgary and Peter lougheed as well.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by wayinoma: 9:49pm On May 31, 2016
Omodun:

You know he is not my GP, i was taken to him so therefore I can't give that info what I can do is to ask the gynae if she can take walk in which I doubt but no harm in that abi.

The mosaic group is a consultium with plenty ogbyn goggle then and I tink that's their average price.

Nooo epidural I paid 1250 if u pay same day is a lot more don't knw hw much.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by wayinoma: 9:52pm On May 31, 2016
Hotstepper:

Hello dear, message me so I can put u through

I have tried and tried ooo, I can't seem to get a hang of the thing ooo help this village girl ooo. Will try again now
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omodun: 11:56pm On May 31, 2016
wayinoma:

You know he is not my GP, i was taken to him so therefore I can't give that info what I can do is to ask the gynae if she can take walk in which I doubt but no harm in that abi.

The mosaic group is a consultium with plenty ogbyn goggle then and I tink that's their average price.

Nooo epidural I paid 1250 if u pay same day is a lot more don't knw hw much.

Thanks alot.......... please can you share the name of the Gynae so I can get a GP to specifically refer me directly to him or her as the person's price is very reasonable......

Regards
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by voilasummer: 3:11pm On Jun 01, 2016
Hello everyone,

I need help about information of giving birth in Canada.
Right now my wife is 25 weeks pregnant.
At first, we want to deliver our child in US, but we change our mind wanting to deliver our child in Canada (after a brief study about US citizenship vs Canada citizenship)
I have read a bunch of this Giving Birth In Canada thread.
I really grateful that I found this thread. And I really hope that someone with experience will help us with our issue.

Right now we have 5 years US tourist visa and we will apply for Canada visa soon.
We have no relative in Canada.
My wife choose C section to deliver the baby.

Can u please help about these questions:
1. Where is the cheapest, easiest to manage the issue (doctor, doctor's medical letter, hospital, accommodation, transportation, etc) & most comfort city for this issue according to your opinion?
2. How much is the C section total cost there? (Hospital + Doctor + laboratory + baby, etc?) with the estimated breakdown please..
3. How much is the cost of renting apartment / any other kind place to stay per month there?
4. What is the best time to arrive in Canada before due date? and how long after delivery can we go back home?
5. Living cost (food, transportation, etc) per month?

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by chiahmakar: 7:05pm On Jun 01, 2016
Hi everyone I've read through this thread and got a few useful info..please I will like for someone who has successfully travelled with childbirth as purpose of visit to post documents she summited at the embassy and how long it took for visa approval..im 30weeks gone(waisted my time on us app) and I plan on starting my app next week(hope its not late) I've gotten a gyn and will be staying with a relative. Please any additional info will be appreciated. I have just one shot. Thanks.. Advice...suggestions pleaseee
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by wayinoma: 7:20pm On Jun 01, 2016
Omodun:

Thanks alot.......... please can you share the name of the Gynae so I can get a GP to specifically refer me directly to him or her as the person's price is very reasonable......

Regards

Oga justwise pls permission to post dr's name
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 4:50am On Jun 02, 2016
Thank God for journey mercy.Hotstepper God will bless you abundantly,nice one
catalano:
giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 9:08pm On Jun 21
Welcome ! I have sent u an email

catalano:
Hello,
Hotstepper. Am actually in north york, but i need to speak with you. My email is samuu1125@gmail.com.

I want to use this medium to appreciate HOTSTEPPER for the assistance she rendered while in Canada to give birth.
she is such a transparent individual. On getting to Toronto I only Called her once she anwered twice.
Getting the birth cerificate, Canadian Passport for the baby and Traveling document from Ottawa.
Even when my fellow sister and brothers over there were trying to confuse me; her word(hotstepper)sounded more valuable and useful.
we came back to Naija Last week.
My baby is a month today.
The effort is a good one , better health care and value for human life/live.
My take on giving birth in Canada:
* Have a reasonable amount of money cos naija money has no value (16,000CAD)
I went with 8,000CAD but it burnts very fast cos most of the time am on CAB/TAXI
i had to send additional xxxxx amount.
The hospital bed was 2,500/day *3= 7,000cad since CS.
misc=3, 500cad.
* Listen to Hotstepper's advice( ur family friend may not be informd )
* Prayer is very important.
*Get a good accomondation before leaving Naija(do not rely on Family friends)
* Activate ur dollar accounts.( atimes naija ATM does not work) go with cash or get
a good Nigerian that want to exchange naira.

HOTSTEPPER THANK U!

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omodun: 6:41am On Jun 02, 2016
wayinoma:

Oga justwise pls permission to post dr's name

@ wayinoma and oga justwise......you can just send me an email smiley smiley ladesugs@gmail.com.

But I really appreciate your help thus far.

Many thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 02, 2016
hello house,i have followed this thread from beginning,you are all doing a wonderful job.my question is, will it be possible to change the statue of your visa like from medical permit to other statue (e.g work permit) while in canada,thank you.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 9:55am On Jun 02, 2016
CAPITAL NO. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT OOO

chopinsn:
hello house,i have followed this thread from beginning,you are all doing a wonderful job.my question is, will it be possible to change the statue of your visa like from medical permit to other statue (e.g work permit) while in canada,thank you.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by RedReact: 11:58am On Jun 02, 2016
chopinsn:

Impossicant!!! You will have to leave their country and re-apply for the visa under that category.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by RedReact: 12:03pm On Jun 02, 2016
chiahmakar:
Hi everyone I've read through this thread and got a few useful info..please I will like for someone who has successfully travelled with childbirth as purpose of visit to post documents she summited at the embassy and how long it took for visa approval..im 30weeks gone(waisted my time on us app) and I plan on starting my app next week(hope its not late) I've gotten a gyn and will be staying with a relative. Please any additional info will be appreciated. I have just one shot. Thanks.. Advice...suggestions pleaseee

Not sounding pessimistic though, Canadian visa usually takes a long time for review before it is being approved, which I don't see getting done before your 36th week. It takes like 16 weeks on average.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by justwise(m): 12:24pm On Jun 02, 2016
Hotstepper:

Hello dear, message me so I can put u through

Hotstepper:
As in ehhh.....Nigerians don't like to read . The amount of emails I recieve s alarming nd just tired of answering same questions that is already answered here only of they will take time nd read through it

I'm sorry but you are contributing to it, you can't have it both ways..asking people to contact you and at the same time complaining about the number emails you are receiving.

This thread is almost stagnant because of this while US birth thread is running into parts.

I will implementing rule no 22 strictly from today.

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omodun: 1:14pm On Jun 02, 2016
justwise:

I'm sorry but you are contributing to it, you can't have it both ways..asking people to contact you and at the same time complaining about the number emails you are receiving.

This thread is almost stagnant because of this while US birth thread is running into parts.

@ Justwise please can Wayinoma please share the contact of her doctor or Obgyn? I understand we need permission from you. It can be sent to my email ladesugs@gmail.com if you worried about it becoming public information.

Am so keen on the contact cause am seriously considering Peter lougheed in Calgary....I hope you understand.

Many thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:16pm On Jun 02, 2016
I totally understand where you are coming from. However, you can ask most people here cuz I refered them back to this thread so everyone can benefit .

I only put people through via email if they want how to get naija documents for the baby. I am definitely not going to put the naija contact no here cuz I won't want someone to put my number here cuz it will be abused .

All of una Don hear am oo...no more private messages so ask all ur questions here so everyone can contribute and learn. For those that don't wanna do the work by reading, u have to start today.

Thank you Justwise

justwise:

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by justwise(m): 1:23pm On Jun 02, 2016
Hotstepper:
I totally understand where you are coming from. However, you can ask most people here cuz I refered them back to this thread so everyone can benefit .

I only put people through via email if they want how to get naija documents for the baby. I am definitely not going to put the naija contact no here cuz I won't want someone to put my number here cuz it will be abused .

All of una Don hear am oo...no more private messages so ask all ur questions here so everyone can contribute and learn. For those that don't wanna do the work by reading, u have to start today.

Thank you Justwise

Ok i get that but im just wondering why that need to be private? Is the document not from Nigerian embassy?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:27pm On Jun 02, 2016
Congratulations!

1. I don't know about the question cuz I am in ontario and GtA area. In this part of Canada is about 5500/6000 for VD . What adds to the cost is the no if days one stays at the hospital.

2. I so don't know. I will presume that CS will cost the same amount with VD for the doctor but you pay more at the hospital since your wife will be staying more than a day . Toronto will be cheaper as I think hospital is 25000 a day . I don't know how much for baby test so you are expected to come with test already done in Naija . You only get tested for here what they didn't do in naija .

3. Accomodation in general is expensive in Canada. Here is from 1000 nd up

4. Check with the airline to know when they won't be able to fly you. I will advise to come at about 35 weeks .I have someone that left 2 days ago afterv2 weeks of having the baby . This is cuz it was VD nd her hubby was around throughout her stay so he did the running around while the wife rested .

5. Budget 300 a month since u will cook in bulk . If you will make use of taxi then come with enough money but there r buses. Before baby u can use buses but after taxi is will be the best alternative .

I hope this helps and others who has gone through it can help you out too.

Good luck

voilasummer:
Hello everyone,

I need help about information of giving birth in Canada.
Right now my wife is 25 weeks pregnant.
At first, we want to deliver our child in US, but we change our mind wanting to deliver our child in Canada (after a brief study about US citizenship vs Canada citizenship)
I have read a bunch of this Giving Birth In Canada thread.
I really grateful that I found this thread. And I really hope that someone with experience will help us with our issue.

Right now we have 5 years US tourist visa and we will apply for Canada visa soon.
We have no relative in Canada.
My wife choose C section to deliver the baby.

Can u please help about these questions:
1. Where is the cheapest, easiest to manage the issue (doctor, doctor's medical letter, hospital, accommodation, transportation, etc) & most comfort city for this issue according to your opinion?
2. How much is the C section total cost there? (Hospital + Doctor + laboratory + baby, etc?) with the estimated breakdown please..
3. How much is the cost of renting apartment / any other kind place to stay per month there?
4. What is the best time to arrive in Canada before due date? and how long after delivery can we go back home?
5. Living cost (food, transportation, etc) per month?

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by justwise(m): 1:27pm On Jun 02, 2016
Omodun:

@ Justwise please can Wayinoma please share the contact of her doctor or Obgyn? I understand we need permission from you. if you worried about it becoming public information.

Am so keen on the contact cause am seriously considering Peter lougheed in Calgary....I hope you understand.

Many thanks

I got no prob with that and nobody needs permission from me to email or send pm here
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:30pm On Jun 02, 2016
They can easily find those documents on the naija consulate website but there's someone I know in there that helps them do it quick nd send back cuz most times what's on that site is not it at all and theyalrewdy have their return ticket nd all lol

So I won't put the person's no here but Dr's no I put up so they have it nd can call if they desire

justwise:

Ok i get that but im just wondering why that need to be private? Is the document not from Nigerian embassy?

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 02, 2016
Thank you very much for the reply
Hotstepper:
CAPITAL NO. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT OOO

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omodun: 3:53pm On Jun 02, 2016
justwise:

I got no prob with that and nobody needs permission from me to email or send pm here

Thanks justwise @ wayinoma I would be expecting the doc or OBGYN' details........ you can send it to my email ladesugs@gmail.com if you more comfy with that idea

Many thanks guys....too much love in forum .... a million kisses
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by voilasummer: 6:41pm On Jun 02, 2016
hello everyone,

1. Can we get doctor's medical letter before heading to Canada? to be shown to the POE officer?
2. Which one better for travel reason? tourism OR "others" with explanation: medical / giving birth?

thanks.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 7:11pm On Jun 02, 2016
No Canadian Dr is going to give u a letter ooo. What you can do is call a dr nd book an appointment then have the Dr's info with u like doctors name, address, phone no and appointment date and time.

voilasummer:
hello everyone,

1. Can we get doctor's medical letter before heading to Canada? to be shown to the POE officer?
2. Which one better for travel reason? tourism OR "others" with explanation: medical / giving birth?

thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by wayinoma: 7:22am On Jun 03, 2016
Omodun:

Thanks justwise @ wayinoma I would be expecting the doc or OBGYN' details........ you can send it to my email ladesugs@gmail.com if you more comfy with that idea

Many thanks guys....too much love in forum .... a million kisses

Thanks @ oga justwise. Her name is dr D igras kulach. For everyone asking about my experience. With her I would say she is a fantastic person,she follwed up with me and let me go home the moment she felt it was ok to. Very professional. Oga justwise pls do not hesitate to put this post down if it contradicts any of you rules.

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.