Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,179 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (685806 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ooresky: 2:18pm On May 30, 2017
Hello Everyone,
For those planning to give birth in BC you have to take into consideration the fact that it's one of the most expensive provinces especially if you don't have real family/friends.
Birth certificates take an average of 4weeks to be delivered. Baby's SIN also takes about 5weeks .
One word of advice, do your own research /prepare well before going to BC as there are other provinces that you may get better deals than BC.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Fiwajoluwa(f): 2:15pm On May 31, 2017
Whats the meaning of BC pls?

ooresky:
Hello Everyone,
For those planning to give birth in BC you have to take into consideration the fact that it's one of the most expensive provinces especially if you don't have real family/friends.
Birth certificates take an average of 4weeks to be delivered. Baby's SIN also takes about 5weeks .
One word of advice, do your own research /prepare well before going to BC as there are other provinces that you may get better deals than BC.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jub009: 7:51pm On May 31, 2017
BC = British Columbia

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Teefinix3: 11:52pm On May 31, 2017
@ ooresky...
Thanks for d info...I ve browse thru and discovered BC doesn't issue birth cert without birth reg which on its own takes an avg of 4 wks like u said.
But pls did u actually experience this?...if ds is really true...am already considering going to Brampton as we ve testimonies of mums getting birth cert in 1 wk in Brampton.
I really need to be sure of this info from a life scenario.
Thank u & God bless....waiting for ur response...

ooresky:
Hello Everyone,
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ooresky: 8:21am On Jun 01, 2017
Teefinix3:

@ ooresky...
Thanks for d info...I ve browse thru and discovered BC doesn't issue birth cert without birth reg which on its own takes an avg of 4 wks like u said.
But pls did u actually experience this?...if ds is really true...am already considering going to Brampton as we ve testimonies of mums getting birth cert in 1 wk in Brampton.
I really need to be sure of this info from a life scenario.
Thank u & God bless....waiting for ur response...

Hello, sorry for the late response. yes I birthed in BC this Feb. got in Dec. was introduced to a Dr by a family friend but in hindsight I should have shopped for a dr my self & negotiating. Found out later the whole arrangement/Dr wasn't straight.
Generally keep a budget of 10k cad. it could be less or more depending on the circumstances.

Feel free to ask any other questions. stay blessed!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Teefinix3: 8:54am On Jun 01, 2017
@ ooresky....
Thanks a lot. I just read it that one can get a rush service for within 5-10 days....I think am willing to try cos I don't know anyone in other provinces....though am not sure if this rush service....but I read it on BC vital statistics portal.
I will be travelling in 35 weeks and my host insist I get there b4 looking for a doc....I don't know ao easy that will be.....and I really don't know to go abt shopping for doc from here....
Pls is there a way to go abt contacting a dov from here...if possible..especially since am opting for selective CS...
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ooresky: 10:19am On Jun 01, 2017
hi teefinix3.
Everything is automated/online & as such cannot be rushed. I tried to hasten it by calling vital statistics in Victoria more than 7 times but they insisted it would follow the time line states on the website. Even when I told them I had got a ticket to leave within a time frame.
Not to discourage you- Have a plan B for everythg. If u decide to go to BC,
1. ask your host to introduce you more than one Dr so you can decide on which one ur more comfortable with
2. Don't take any vague quotations. insist on seeing your estimated bill in black n white
3. Check out the hospital you will eventually use for your birthing/get their quotation.
4. You can never know the final bill until at least 1week after uv birthed as Fraser Health (the organisation that in charge of healthcare in Bc) will send u a comprehensive bill for mother,baby,delivery fees,anesthetic etc
5. There's nothing free for either u or the baby except your a resident.

just be prepared & prayerful. wishing you the best!

Am open to ans any other questions....
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by urblackpearl: 10:10pm On Jun 01, 2017
@ooresky thank u so much for this info. U dont know how long i have been looking for someone that went to BC.

I understand that theres a flat fee charged by all hospitals which is non negotiable. Is this correct? So no matter what hospital u go. U will still get same bill. Kindly clarify and pls share a breakdown of ur expenses.

Tnx!

ooresky:
hi teefinix3.
Everything is automated/online & as such cannot be rushed. I tried to hasten it by calling vital statistics in Victoria more than 7 times but they insisted it would follow the time line states on the website. Even when I told them I had got a ticket to leave within a time frame.
Not to discourage you- Have a plan B for everythg. If u decide to go to BC,
1. ask your host to introduce you more than one Dr so you can decide on which one ur more comfortable with
2. Don't take any vague quotations. insist on seeing your estimated bill in black n white
3. Check out the hospital you will eventually use for your birthing/get their quotation.
4. You can never know the final bill until at least 1week after uv birthed as Fraser Health (the organisation that in charge of healthcare in Bc) will send u a comprehensive bill for mother,baby,delivery fees,anesthetic etc
5. There's nothing free for either u or the baby except your a resident.

just be prepared & prayerful. wishing you the best!

Am open to ans any other questions....
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by fembas316(m): 2:58pm On Jun 03, 2017
Please house, how easy is it flying at 36 weeks?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ooresky: 10:52pm On Jun 03, 2017
@ urblackpearl. sorry for the delay. I have my hands full right now. Will post a rough break down of my bill & all later.....Will also try & upload the Fraser Health charges.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by triciaonos: 1:05am On Jun 04, 2017
Good day everyone, pls I will like to know if there is any implication(s) if d baby's daddy's name is not written on d birth certificate to avoid d dad going to sign document at d consulate or something for other paper work?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by urblackpearl: 9:16pm On Jun 05, 2017
Ok. Thanks @ooresky. Looking forward to it

ooresky:
@ urblackpearl. sorry for the delay. I have my hands full right now. Will post a rough break down of my bill & all later.....Will also try & upload the Fraser Health charges.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by EmaShah2017: 6:08am On Jun 07, 2017
Good day everyone. I have been a silent follower of this thread, I am now in Toronto where I'm booked for my C-section in 2 days. I have been reading on how to obtain the baby's paperwork. I know that people have gotten the baby's birth certificate in a week, but the info I found on ontario.ca says that we need to register the baby's birth first using the 4 in 1 bundle which takes around 6-8 weeks, then get the Birth certificate in another 15 days. I am very stressed about this as I have booked my return ticket in a month. Please I would really appreciate it if anyone can clear my confusion on this issue. Thanks a million
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by JESUnifemi4eva: 6:32pm On Jun 08, 2017
Hi EmaShah2017.

I wish you a safe delivery.

Whilst using the 4-in-1 option....remember that you are a temporary resident and your child is not entitled to privileges such as child care benefits; thus pick just the birth registration and leave other options for later when the child is ready to live in Canada.

Make sure you pay for both long and short certificate.

Also make sure you tick Doctor as the presiding birth attendant; I clicked on 'other' and it gave me a lot of stress.

Best of luck and GOD's favour in the delivery room.

EmaShah2017:
Good day everyone. I have been a silent follower of this thread, I am now in Toronto where I'm booked for my C-section in 2 days. I have been reading on how to obtain the baby's paperwork. I know that people have gotten the baby's birth certificate in a week, but the info I found on ontario.ca says that we need to register the baby's birth first using the 4 in 1 bundle which takes around 6-8 weeks, then get the Birth certificate in another 15 days. I am very stressed about this as I have booked my return ticket in a month. Please I would really appreciate it if anyone can clear my confusion on this issue. Thanks a million

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by JESUnifemi4eva: 6:35pm On Jun 08, 2017
Except you are not planning to involve the child's father in anything involving Canny.....because that's the only claim of parentage.

it's actually not stressful signing the document at the Consulate....in my opinion

All the best.

triciaonos:
Good day everyone, pls I will like to know if there is any implication(s) if d baby's daddy's name is not written on d birth certificate to avoid d dad going to sign document at d consulate or something for other paper work?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by triciaonos: 11:36pm On Jun 08, 2017
JESUnifemi4eva:
Except you are not planning to involve the child's father in anything involving Canny.....because that's the only claim of parentage.

it's actually not stressful signing the document at the Consulate....in my opinion

All the best.

OK tnx
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by afroxyz: 5:30am On Jun 10, 2017
Plz why is it that most people that cemented on this thread are using tourist visas to give birth and not going to hroughbthe route of medical visa. Is there something I'm missing?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Fiwajoluwa(f): 10:50pm On Jun 10, 2017
There's nothing medical about childbirth except there are serious complications and most people go visiting before deciding on childbirth so you dont just throw away the valid visa and apply for a fresh one because you going for childbirth but i know people with serious medical issues that are seeking intl care would need to apply for medical from the scratch. No big deal about using visiting visa for childbirth, its legit.

afroxyz:
Plz why is it that most people that cemented on this thread are using tourist visas to give birth and not going to hroughbthe route of medical visa. Is there something I'm missing?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by afroxyz: 11:01pm On Jun 10, 2017
Fiwajoluwa:
There's nothing medical about childbirth except there are serious complications and most people go visiting before deciding on childbirth so you dont just throw away the valid visa and apply for a fresh one because you going for childbirth but i know people with serious medical issues that are seeking intl care would need to apply for medical from the scratch. No big deal about using visiting visa for childbirth, its legit.

My wife is already pregnant. About 2/3 weeks. I can't fill out the visa application for visitation and claim we want to also give birth there since we obviously filled the application after she got pregnant. Or rather is it possible to apply for visiting visa after she is pregnant and also indicate that we want to have our child there?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 4:07am On Jun 11, 2017
within 7 working days u will get the birth certificate

EmaShah2017:
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by BrightAngel: 11:14am On Jun 12, 2017
Hello Hotstepper, please can I have your email address? Thank you.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:01am On Jun 13, 2017
go with ur heart but make sure u use paper application

afroxyz:

My wife is already pregnant. About 2/3 weeks. I can't fill out the visa application for visitation and claim we want to also give birth there since we obviously filled the application after she got pregnant. Or rather is it possible to apply for visiting visa after she is pregnant and also indicate that we want to have our child there?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by mokaz: 2:40am On Jun 13, 2017
@all......good morning......I just found this forum and will like to say a big weldone to everyone contributing towards helping others find their best options. I will like to seek your advice on this matter. Is it possible for an 8months pregnant lady to just start plans to make delivery in the U.S or CANADA? Which of these 2 options is the best according to chances of getting a visa. She is a student in Europe and has never been to the United States nor Canada before. Thank you in anticipation.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OmoBendel24: 6:48am On Jun 13, 2017
mokaz:
@all......good morning......I just found this forum and will like to say a big weldone to everyone contributing towards helping others find their best options. I will like to seek your advice on this matter. Is it possible for an 8months pregnant lady to just start plans to make delivery in the U.S or CANADA? Which of these 2 options is the best according to chances of getting a visa. She is a student in Europe and has never been to the United States nor Canada before. Thank you in anticipation.

8 months (as in 35-36 weeks?) is rather too late in my opinion. Check up the US option https://www.nairaland.com/3436650/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures .... Assuming the resources to make it happen are readily available, you have doctor and Hospital search/correspondence to do (you may have people on ground to expedite same in the US), accommodation search to do (you may also have a ready one too possibly), interview dates (depends on visa class and where you are applying from), flight (this can happen and be fixed for same day), the fit to fly, etc will take a few days however fast you may be able to go, time is as good as up though. Regards
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by afroxyz: 2:03pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hotstepper:

go with ur heart but make sure u use paper application

Tnx. However I have decided to apply using the visitation route. I would apply for my wife and my mom who has been to Canada and has a grandchild (my nephew) that is a citizen. I won't go with them so as to have 'links back home' for my wife. I think its a nice strategy.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by AbbeyChristy: 2:23am On Jun 14, 2017
I'm sorry to divert but I need urgent help. I'm 34 weeks pregnant and submitted my paper application since April 25th. I've not been able to make any arrangements here cos what if I was eventually granted visa. Now my question is "Can I write d embassy to return my document ,so my mind can be settled in Nigeria to have my baby at least. *Note, I was denied just based on travel history in April * when I have been to US 3 times and South Africa* I also had a child in d US.

My main question is "Can I write d embassy to return my document ,so my mind can be settled in Nigeria to have my baby at least?
Thanks.
Kindly help and respond as I intend to write them later today. Thanks all.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Orente2016: 6:23am On Jun 14, 2017
Hello house.
@ Abbey Christy,
Except you want to use the passport for another trip (or option) now, if u have decided to have ur babe in nija why don't u just allow the process go on, and instead write them and find out the status of ur application.

sorry to divert but I need urgent help. I'm 34 weeks pregnant and submitted my paper application since April 25th. I've not been able to make any arrangements here cos what if I was eventually granted visa. Now my question is "Can I write d embassy to return my document ,so my mind can be settled in Nigeria to have my baby at least. *Note, I was denied just based on travel history in April * when I have been to US 3 times and South Africa* I also had a child in d US.

My main question is "Can I write d embassy to return my document ,so my mind can be settled in Nigeria to have my baby at least?
Thanks.
Kindly help and respond as I intend to write them later today. Thanks all.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:05pm On Jun 14, 2017
too late

mokaz:
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by urblackpearl: 10:10am On Jun 15, 2017
@ooresky. Pls a kind reminder. Tnx!

[1quote author=urblackpearl post=57229135]Ok. Thanks @ooresky. Looking forward to it

[/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by urblackpearl: 10:12am On Jun 15, 2017
Hi @teefinix3. How are you? Please have u arrived canada?

Teefinix3:
@ ooresky....
Thanks a lot. I just read it that one can get a rush service for within 5-10 days....I think am willing to try cos I don't know anyone in other provinces....though am not sure if this rush service....but I read it on BC vital statistics portal.
I will be travelling in 35 weeks and my host insist I get there b4 looking for a doc....I don't know ao easy that will be.....and I really don't know to go abt shopping for doc from here....
Pls is there a way to go abt contacting a dov from here...if possible..especially since am opting for selective CS...
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Teefinix3: 1:50pm On Jun 15, 2017
Not yet sis....will be leaving on Sunday....I actually wanted to ask the house.....pls ao do we address the fit to fly.....is it to whom it may concern of to the airline?....

urblackpearl:
Hi @teefinix3. How are you? Please have u arrived canada?

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (167) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.