Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Muslim Sisters Circle - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Sisters Circle (20416 Views)

Happy Eid-ul-Adha My Muslim Brothers And Sisters! / Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do / Muslim Brothers & Sisters: Barka de Sallah! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Deen4me(m): 3:29pm On Oct 13, 2013
ummsulaym: mahram issue...
In a situation where someone from your husband family(a male) lives with you and your husband, he isn't your mahram but because he still underage makes him one... Years later, he's matured enough and normally, if he was an outsider, you should not display your adorements before him nor come in physical contact with him or staying alone with him in a place but since he grew up under your custody and now turned a non-mahram but yet, lives with you, being on hijab 247 in your husband's house wont just work neither will staying in ur room 247 just to avoid being together when ur hubby goes out and some other stuffs like that...
What's your advice under this circumstance?
Send him out or live such a pressurizing life in your habibi's house?

Why should the husband in the first instance bring in someone into the home and make the wife uncomfortable in her own home.

Did they (the relatives) not have a home prior to the couple getting married ?

Its a recipe for disaster, the woman has the right to her privacy , this is not of Islam.

And by the way it applies to both sides of the family i.e husbands and wives side.

These are the little mistakes we bring in from culture that mess up marriages

The couples should have their privacy to themselves to get to know and understand each other better.

Me personally will never do this, I see no reason why someone should be disturbing my flow for my house grin
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by ummsulaym(f): 3:40pm On Oct 13, 2013
@Deen4me
kinda funny though but that's the truth...

Think that's an issue i shouldn't forget to discuss prior to nikkah...

@all, do you know islamic stand on adoption?
P.s: not cuz you dont have children of your own but would just like to
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 4:01pm On Oct 13, 2013
Deleted
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by ummsulaym(f): 5:00pm On Oct 13, 2013
Sissie:

Salam, once he grows up and becomes a non mahram, you send him out, he should go back to his family house, your habibi can still pay for his upkeep.

wa'leikum salam...
Still cant stop laughing... But that's the blatant truth... Shukran jazeelan
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 5:01pm On Oct 13, 2013
ummsulaym: @Deen4me
kinda funny though but that's the truth...

Think that's an issue i shouldn't forget to discuss prior to nikkah...

@all, do you know islamic stand on adoption?
P.s: not cuz you dont have children of your own but would just like to

There's is adoption in Islam but it's different from the conventional way of adopting, it's more like taking responsibility of a child upon yourself, but he doesn't become your own child.

He/she can't bear your name as its surname because he's not your child, he has to bear his/her own name.

If one choses to adopt a baby and breastfed him, he becomes your foster child and a mahram.

If one adopts a child and didn't breastfed him, he's still a non mahram and have to be treated as one when he/she matures.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by ummsulaym(f): 5:28pm On Oct 13, 2013
Sissie:
He/she can't bear your name as its surname because he's not your child, he has to bear his/her own name.

but from an orphanage where neither the mum nor the dad is known, whose name does he/she bears as surname?
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 5:37pm On Oct 13, 2013
ummsulaym:

but from an orphanage where neither the mum nor the dad is known, whose name does he/she bears as surname?

He can bear the name of the place he was found or hails from, as a surname.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by kubby04: 10:40pm On Oct 13, 2013
[quote author=ibit-abid-qudrt][/quote]Are u saying she can't travel down with her Brother-in-law & his family cos he's not her Mahram?
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by kubby04: 10:46pm On Oct 13, 2013
Salam, once he grows up and becomes a non mahram, you send him out, he should go back to his family house, your habibi can still pay for his upkeep.[/quote]
That doesn't sound realistic. Usually, in such situations, even d husband can't refuse to takE d kid in unless he wants to make life difficult for his wife.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 11:09pm On Oct 13, 2013
kubby04: Salam, once he grows up and becomes a non mahram, you send him out, he should go back to his family house, your habibi can still pay for his upkeep.
That doesn't sound realistic. Usually, in such situations, even d husband can't refuse to takE d kid in unless he wants to make life difficult for his wife.

It is realistic.

I dont understand he can't take the kid in unless he wants to make life difficult for her? How?
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 14, 2013
Sissie:

It is realistic.

I dont understand he can't take the kid in unless he wants to make life difficult for her? How?
Sis it's realistic for those husbands with "agboye"( sound aqeedah).
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 14, 2013
kubby04: Are u saying she can't travel down with her Brother-in-law & his family cos he's not her Mahram?

not me, but sorry it appears as the rules go, that she cant travel with non-Mahram. but now d case is that , u said they are supposed to travel with the brother in laws' family right.so d family are lyk mahrams of the brother in law. lyk i m looking at it in d light of being alone with non-mahram now, cos one can be with a non-mahram man, provided the man's mahram(e.gfemale) are ther with hiim. but i dont know if that applies o travelling. Probably some more knowledgeable person, could enlighten us on this matter?. d brothers r also welkom to chip in.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by harmeenart(f): 11:41pm On Oct 14, 2013
Assalam alaykum yaa akhawaat fi deen
ibit-abid-qudrt:

not me, but sorry it appears as the rules go, that she cant travel with non-Mahram. but now d case is that , u said they are supposed to travel with the brother in laws' family right.so d family are lyk mahrams of the brother in law. lyk i m looking at it in d light of being alone with non-mahram now, cos one can be with a non-mahram man, provided the man's mahram(e.gfemale) are ther with hiim. but i dont know if that applies o travelling. Probably some more knowledgeable person, could enlighten us on this matter?. d brothers r also welkom to chip in.
It doesnt apply wit travelling sis.There's an explicit hadith that states that a believing woman should not travel except with her mahram.
But anybody else could enlighten us more

And before I run comot,lemme quickly say:
Taqabbalallahu minna wa minkum
May accept it from us and from u.
May Allah forgive us our sins,grant us contenment and the best in both lives.Aamin.
A ku odun o.Send my meat o
;DAssalam alaykum yaa akhawaat fi deen
ibit-abid-qudrt:

It doesnt apply wit travelling sis.There's an explicit hadith that states that a believing woman should not travel except with her mahram.
But anybody else could enlighten us more

And before I run comot,lemme quickly say:
Taqabbalallahu minna wa minkum
May accept it from us and from u.
May Allah forgive us our sins,grant us contenment and the best in both lives.Aamin.
A ku odun o.Send my meat o cheesy :p
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 15, 2013
wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu.
kk noted, d rling doesnt apply to travelling
nd eid mubarak to u too, ns all d sis
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by ummsulaym(f): 9:23pm On Oct 15, 2013
This message is no doubt a little late cuz I have been very busy, though been peeping @ nairaland. Well, it's better late than never
********To my sweet family on NL*******
Earth can forget rotating, birds can forget flying, candle can forget melting, heart can forget beating *******BUT******* Umm-Sulaym couldn't forget to wish you ''happy Eid-Ul-Adha''
May the noor of the Eid illuminate your heart, mind, soul and may all your prayers be answered... Remember me in your prayers.... *********EID MUBARAQ********
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by deols(f): 10:02pm On Oct 15, 2013
ummsulaym: This message is no doubt a little late cuz I have been very busy, though been peeping @ nairaland. Well, it's better late than never
********To my sweet family on NL*******
Earth can forget rotating, birds can forget flying, candle can forget melting, heart can forget beating *******BUT******* Umm-Sulaym couldn't forget to wish you ''happy Eid-Ul-Adha''
May the noor of the Eid illuminate your heart, mind, soul and may all your prayers be answered... Remember me in your prayers.... *********EID MUBARAQ********

Thank you dear. Eid Mubarak to you too smiley
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by HSM(f): 11:18pm On Oct 15, 2013
Assalamu alaikum sisters,
Have you heard of this wonderful blog for Muslim women by Muslim women in Nigeria??!
Here's the link: highstreetmuslimah.
You'll definitely enjoy it.

Here's something from our pioneer article called Scarf Face!
If you’re a real Nigerian, you must have boarded at least twice those big, yellow buses known as danfo. They are the most common and cheapest form of public transport in the country. They live up to the expectation of their name, flying across the roads like it was some personal tarmac. And they are forever making stops at the never ending cries of “O wa!” from a passenger, at which the driver pauses for him to alight. It’s really comical to realize that this is the same ‘speed-pause-speed’ syndrome that defines the fashion world. Trends spread like wildfire and the trendoids (robots who follow trends like the 11th commandment, but they prefer the term ‘fashionistas’) stick to them religiously until the designers and fashion forecasters declare a new ‘bus stop’. I swear it’s like a resurgence of the colonial era, except the only chains being wielded by our slave masters this time are those of a Louis Vuitton purse!
Like seriously, there is a difference between haute couture and street fashion. These designers create new looks and inspire our wardrobes year after.........

Like what you see To continue reading, visit the link: highstreetmuslimah.

Maasalam!!
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by HSM(f): 11:33pm On Oct 15, 2013
High Street Muslimah (HSM) caters to unique audience comprising dynamic Muslim women. We have diverse content for the viewing pleasure of our audience.

If you fancy yourself good with words and you are interested in contributing to the HSM spread, please send in your articles. They should be based on any of the categories visible in our menu. If your writing doesn’t fit into an existing category, we’ll create one for it!

Send in articles to highstreetmuslimah@gmail.com

Write-ups should not exceed one Microsoft Word (MS Word) page. Font should be in Times New Roman, font size 12.

We reserve the right to publish these articles or not. Renumeration will be discussed upon acceptance of articles. We look forward to receiving your entries.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by kubby04: 8:32am On Oct 16, 2013
JazakumllahKhayra. Eid Mubarak everyone.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by ummsulaym(f): 5:16pm On Oct 16, 2013
sisters, I've been hearing stuffs like 'only sisters party' organized mostly on Eid for sisters to get together... Just want to know what it's about and how its usually organized like the order of programe for instance... I will like to organize such sisters' get-together one of these EIDs...
Jazakallahu khayr
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 11:33am On Oct 17, 2013
Deleted
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by ummsulaym(f): 1:53pm On Oct 17, 2013
tnx sis...
But do u think there is any song or kind of music supported by islam? Have been hearing different things about that topic.... Some said it's haram in entirety, some said its ok if it doesnt have beatings while some others says beating or not, as long as the song content isn't offensive to Islam... Tnx again sis
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 2:12pm On Oct 17, 2013
ummsulaym: tnx sis...
But do u think there is any song or kind of music supported by islam? Have been hearing different things about that topic.... Some said it's haram in entirety, some said its ok if it doesnt have beatings while some others says beating or not, as long as the song content isn't offensive to Islam... Tnx again sis

Nasheeds are allowed islamically

songs with the local drum (I have forgotten what the drum is called) is allowed but the song contents must not be offensive to Islam, with bad words e.t.c.

music with instrumentals I.e piano, guitar is not.

If it's haram in its entirety then it means nasheeds are haram too, which is not true.

Will try and get some reference for this.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by HSM(f): 6:05pm On Oct 17, 2013
Sissie:

Nasheeds are allowed islamically

songs with the local drum (I have forgotten what the drum is called) is allowed but the song contents must not be offensive to Islam, with bad words e.t.c.

music with instrumentals I.e piano, guitar is not.

If it's haram in its entirety then it means nasheeds are haram too, which is not true.

Will try and get some reference for this.

it's called duff drums
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 6:45am On Oct 19, 2013
HSM*:

it's called duff drums

Thanks
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by ummsulaym(f): 9:12am On Oct 19, 2013
I didn't see sis sissie and sis deols yesterday o and I missed una... Hope all is well? Guess sis deols' absence is majorly as a result of her 'Idawo'... Whoever gets in contacts with her should say me success to her... I miss her posts
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 9:55am On Oct 19, 2013
ummsulaym: I didn't see sis sissie and sis deols yesterday o and I missed una... Hope all is well? Guess sis deols' absence is majorly as a result of her 'Idawo'... Whoever gets in contacts with her should say me success to her... I miss her posts

Wa alaikum salam, just didn't feel like posting much yesterday, thanks. you can send deols a pm.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by deols(f): 3:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
ummsulaym: I didn't see sis sissie and sis deols yesterday o and I missed una... Hope all is well? Guess sis deols' absence is majorly as a result of her 'Idawo'... Whoever gets in contacts with her should say me success to her... I miss her posts

Thank you dear.. I already said that in my reply.

It is never too much though..

Yh! it was d idanwo..done wv it but I am still quite busy.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 3:45pm On Oct 20, 2013
deols:

Thank you dear.. I already said that in my reply.

It is never too much though..

Yh! it was d idanwo..done wv it but I am still quite busy.

Salam, how was it, pray you ace it.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by deols(f): 3:50pm On Oct 20, 2013
Sissie:

Salam, how was it, pray you ace it.

Amin
Thank you..twas good. alhamdulillah smiley
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 3:51pm On Oct 20, 2013
deols:

Amin
Thank you..twas good. alhamdulillah smiley

Nice, alhamdulillah. Oya come back and start posting, I miss you oh.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by ummsulaym(f): 4:05pm On Oct 20, 2013
Sissie:

Nice, alhamdulillah. Oya come back and start posting, I miss you oh.

tell am cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

7 Practical Steps To Help You Face Any Difficult Situation / Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? / Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.